2WW - for those TTC-ing

From 2 different sites, other food also consists of selenium
Selenium, a mineral found in fish, meat, eggs, grains and certain nuts, helps boost antioxidant activity in the body to potentially ward off chronic diseases. But too much selenium can cause selenosis, a condition marked by hair and nail loss, garlic breath, fatigue and nerve damage.

The recommended daily intake of selenium is 60 micrograms for men and 53 micrograms for women, according to the review published today in The Lancet. But men and women in the U.S., where 50 percent of the population takes supplements, get an average 134 and 93 micrograms per day, respectively.

“Additional selenium intake may well benefit people with low [selenium status],” Margaret Rayman, a professor of nutritional medicine at the University of Surrey in the U.K., wrote in the review. “However, people of adequate or high status could be affected adversely and should not take selenium supplements.”

Adults should not consume more than 400 micrograms of selenium per day, according to the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. Some selenium supplements contain 200 micrograms. And the daily multivitamin Centrum contains 55 microgram

2nd site:
While taking supplemental selenium is the best way to ensure you get adequate amounts, it’s not entirely necessary to add another pill to your supplement regimen. Brazil nuts are known to include as much as 95 mcg of selenium per nut. Given that the RDA for selenium is 55 mcg and we recommend getting 200 mcg daily, just a couple of Brazil nuts could have you set.

Since megadoses of selenium can negatively impact your health, take no more than 400 mcg per day, the upper limit set by the National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine (Washington, D.C.). In another nod to Brazil nuts, New Zealand researchers found that eating them was just as effective at raising selenium levels as taking a supplement. The scientists gave subjects either 100 mcg of selenium from a supp, 100 mcg of selenium through Brazil nuts or a placebo. After 12 weeks, the subjects taking the supplement or eating the nuts had blood levels of the mineral that were 60% higher. Both groups also showed increased blood levels of glutathione peroxidase, a critical antioxidant enzyme that depends on selenium to function properly.

Brazil nuts aren’t the only source of selenium, just one of the best. Wherever you get your selenium, make sure you’re getting enough.

Seeking Selenium? The best sources of the mighty mineral:

Food Amount Selenium, Content (mcg)

• Brazil nuts, dried, unblanched 1 oz. (about 6) 544
  • Tuna, light, canned in oil 3 oz. 63
  • Beef, cooked 3.5 oz. 35
  • Cod, cooked 3.5 oz. 32
  • Turkey, light meat, roasted 3.5 oz. 32
  • Beef, chuck roast, roasted 3.5 oz. 23
  • Chicken breast, roasted 3.5 oz. 20
  • Macaroni, boiled 1⁄2 cup 15
  • Egg 1 medium 14
  • Low-fat (2%) cottage cheese 1⁄2 cup 12
  • Instant oatmeal, cooked 1 cup 12
  • Brown rice, cooked 1⁄2 cup 10
  • Whole-wheat bread 1 slice 10
  • Cheddar cheese 1 oz. 4

careful when eating one nut consists abt the daily required intake. plus u eat other food. 4 nuts if very big ones u may exceed the daily intake already. and 400mcg is MAX its a new standard. else they usually recommend max 200mcg in our intake. too much will have negative impact.

OH i ate a lot of CHEDDAR and cheese and eggs during my tww.

back here to sprinkle baby dust... went to see gynae during week 5 and the scan showed something (I was freaking, coz of previous incident and gynae is going to say he cant see anything but jus a sac..)

I will be going back next week and gynae said by then, perhaps heartbeat will be detected.

oh, also congrats to Hopeful_mom!!!! am so happy to read ur happy news.

Truckloads of baby dusts sprinkling to all lovely ladies here!!!!!!

back here to sprinkle baby dust... went to see gynae during week 5 and the scan showed something (I was freaking, coz of previous incident and gynae is going to say he cant see anything but jus a sac..)

I will be going back next week and gynae said by then, perhaps heartbeat will be detected.

ya probably too early. week 5 only.next week will be different :) jia you. will u be joining the nov thread?

careful when eating one nut consists abt the daily required intake. plus u eat other food. 4 nuts if very big ones u may exceed the daily intake already. and 400mcg is MAX its a new standard. else they usually recommend max 200mcg in our intake. too much will have negative impact.

OH i ate a lot of CHEDDAR and cheese and eggs during my tww.
So I guess 1 nut per day from after O to AF date is good enough .. To ensure won't overdose .. Other nuts like walnuts okie to eat more, right?:)
I also love eggs, cheese, milk etc..
Thanks for sharing, hopeful mum:)

So I guess 1 nut per day from after O to AF date is good enough .. To ensure won't overdose .. Other nuts like walnuts okie to eat more, right?:)
I also love eggs, cheese, milk etc..
Thanks for sharing, hopeful mum:)
hahah i not sure abt walnuts haven't read abt it much. but its good for our body too. just eat in moderation :)

hopeful_mom: I read before that theres a certain type of cheese to avoid when preggy... I forgot which type, maybe u could google more.... cheddar cheese is perfectly ok though.

Jus saw your new post after I asked you when you are seeing your gyne :) don't worry, I'm sure you will see your little beanie soon!:)

angel_mum: hi hi.. nope, I dun hve much symptoms, no nausea and fatigue ... and that's kindda bothering me right now. Also, my boobs (nipples) aint as sore as before... I hve been prescribed progesterone, to be taken twice daily.

I guess the worrying wont stop till next gynae visit. :(

hopeful_mom: I read before that theres a certain type of cheese to avoid when preggy... I forgot which type, maybe u could google more.... cheddar cheese is perfectly ok though.
Yup yup. Share share here.
ImageUploadedByForum1395240151.579883.jpg

Soft cheese cannot. Nuh gave me a book on pregnancy.

Ladies: would like to ask for advice. before my AF comes I will get spotting the day before or even some light blood flow but it is not continuous. this can last one to two days before the full red onset comes. then about three days later AF ending..will spot for another day. I read that this is not very normal as AF should come at one shot. Any one with similar problem or knowledge about this to help me?

Oh Ya. For those seeing Dr Loh, once u preg n stabilize ard Wk 9-12, u will b transfer Fr TFC to his Clinic at tmc. Today I ask the nurse abt package, Then They tell me I will b transfer to another Clinic once stable n the nurse there will advise....

hihi,
I m back!!!

hopeful_mum,
congrats. now take gd care of urself. rest more. ur gynae got give u any med to support the pregnancy???

gammahedging,
i took metformin before. but i quite ok wif it....

angel_mommy
ya. c doc le. keke.. heard the heartbeat and saw it. keke..
gynae say shld b ok. n ask me cont my med. will see him again 2 wks later.
lol... now check only 6wks only. lol..... chg of EDD again.

Time for me to lelong my sticks.
who need OPK and clearblue ovulation sticks????
i want i want... i just bought e clearblue digital ovulation test. first time buying. heart pain. and i wanna ask if can buy e refill??? i tot all e test was digital. then when i opened up, only 1 digital equipment and e rest are e test sticks,

thks hopeful_mom... oh I like salad esp lettuce and tomatoes.. i asked my gynae and he said ok, guess i jus dun take those for now.

stoney!!! nice to hear that. both mummy n bb dooing goooooooood. ok i will try to do it tonight with hubby. see if he wan or not.
Ladies: would like to ask for advice. before my AF comes I will get spotting the day before or even some light blood flow but it is not continuous. this can last one to two days before the full red onset comes. then about three days later AF ending..will spot for another day. I read that this is not very normal as AF should come at one shot. Any one with similar problem or knowledge about this to help me?
last time i used to be like this occassionally. it is consider menses. but is light menses

i want i want... i just bought e clearblue digital ovulation test. first time buying. heart pain. and i wanna ask if can buy e refill??? i tot all e test was digital. then when i opened up, only 1 digital equipment and e rest are e test sticks,
emily u are Oing please bd. its definitely peak u won't get peak full day one.
lol just do it. okay i posted a lot, i mention that those green sticks using an monitor has a different purpose. ur monitor can test the slightest LH surge its sensitive as it tracks estrogen as well.

so its normal when ur green strips turn negative but monitor is still positive. u imagine u didn't get to test using green strips in morning then u test with monitor and shows positive. without monitor u will assumed its NEGATIVE when u are supposed to O. then u may miss ur chance

maececi: my AF never used to be like that when I was in my early twenties. I suspect stress over the years has caused it to screw up. I really think it is not normal as it appears 'jam' to me every month. would appreciate any advice from anyone who can help.

maececi: my AF never used to be like that when I was in my early twenties. I suspect stress over the years has caused it to screw up. I really think it is not normal as it appears 'jam' to me every month. would appreciate any advice from anyone who can help.
see a gynae lah. maybe got fibroid or cysts . i had fibroids.

stoney!!! nice to hear that. both mummy n bb dooing goooooooood. ok i will try to do it tonight with hubby. see if he wan or not.

last time i used to be like this occassionally. it is consider menses. but is light menses
Seduce him, Emily! :D don't ask him if want or not! Must make it happen!:)

Lemon tart tink u monitor first coz I have this few mths back for 2 mths. I did ask my gynae n he said shld be fine n my check up on scan n pap smear is normal. Unless the problem persists every mth then u go visit gynae

see a gynae lah. maybe got fibroid or cysts . i had fibroids.
Last time my AF also like that.. Then realised got cysts.. After laparoscopy , AF back to normal.. After I took Chinese medicine from TSB, AF even more normal .. Start of AF is without much cramping .. Red flow straightaway

Hopeful_mum, please pardon my ignorance. You tested positive for pregnancy at 3 weeks plus? So it is possible? No need to wait for the 2 whole weeks after BD?

Ladies, I see you all using ovulation test strips. Can they test for pregnancy too?

Thanks for clearing my doubts! :)

emily u are Oing please bd. its definitely peak u won't get peak full day one.
lol just do it. okay i posted a lot, i mention that those green sticks using an monitor has a different purpose. ur monitor can test the slightest LH surge its sensitive as it tracks estrogen as well.

so its normal when ur green strips turn negative but monitor is still positive. u imagine u didn't get to test using green strips in morning then u test with monitor and shows positive. without monitor u will assumed its NEGATIVE when u are supposed to O. then u may miss ur chance
think from now on, i wanna use digital ones. opk sticks will only be used durin e so call non peak period. cos i dono when i O as i O very very late in my cycle so i must test daily in order to catch e O :)

can we buy just e refill of e digital CB sticks??? cos if buy e whole box is SO SO SO expensive

Hopeful_mum, please pardon my ignorance. You tested positive for pregnancy at 3 weeks plus? So it is possible? No need to wait for the 2 whole weeks after BD?

Ladies, I see you all using ovulation test strips. Can they test for pregnancy too?

Thanks for clearing my doubts! :)

actually, if the test is sensitive and the presence of hsg is there, the test will be able to pick it up, its jus the intensity of the test line. For an early test, the line will be faint, but as she gets closer, the lines will get darker coz hsg rises very fast, in matter of days

haaha i so evil. Die die must bd once. no bd totally no hope. bd = hope. bd more = MORE hope! lol
i not shy to say while i woke at 7am to temp, i purposely wake hubby up. haha just wake up even if sick also tough to resist.

haha this BD is powerful and strike on instant !!

no ... Witch havent land, but shd be soon ...

hahhahahha.. ur post really make me laugh put loud, twinkletots too! u gals ah.. super funny.. made me forget my worries for once.. really like yoy gals here!
Glad it brought smiles to your face:) good to crack jokes daily :) my hubby always make me laugh everyday .. Now my boy also does that.. Hahah..

Back