2WW - for those TTC-ing

volf20

Hi Ladies

Thought I'd start a new thread mainly for those TTC-ing, and stressing out during the 2WW to find out if your are pregnant! Share your symptoms, and worries.

For me, am 2 days late for my AF. Tested this morn, but it seems am not preggie leh. Will test again end this week if AF still dun report! Anyone in similar situation as me?

hey Volf,
ur fren here, Val ,hee....hope to hear gd news frm u okie?

gal, go and buy the digital pregnancy kit from clearblue brand, watsons having sales at 19.90 for 2 kits
usual price is 29.90, it is straight forward saying 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'
update me yeeah?

see you in email!

happy.gif

Jia You BabyCupid
happy.gif
!!!!

Val - ya will go get the Digital Kit later;prob will test wkend if AF still dun appear ..hahah

hello ladies - my AF came super late this mth.. so gotta have more fun again next mth..hahha.

hang in there... hopefully gd news!

me in 2nd cycle of 2ww liao.. last cycle not successful...

so far now it's 5/6DPO... but no symptons at all

hi all,
Today is my DPO6. I feel like vomitting just after lunch... not sure if I am too sensitive over this... hope more to show up this few days.

Hi Jas,
U got take ur temp?

Hi Roxyz, Yuki, Bonnie,
Hope to hear good new soon.

Yuki,
some pple strike at the 1st and only try. So, dun give up yet. But relax more.

My doc told me that human mind is so powerful that we tends to have all sorts of symptoms which might not be true.

Hi all,

I normally have a 29/30 cycle and for the past few month I ovulate at around CD16. For somehow for this month, I ovulate at CD21, in this case... does it means that for this cycle it would be 40???

hi anyone still on this thread? I just had my SO-IUI last friday and am now in the jittery 2ww. Trying not to think about it but hard. Anyone care to share methods of keeping mind off the matter? what are the symptoms to look out for?

Hi, new to this thread. Been TTCing for abt 6 mths now. Still very blur on all the terms (OPK, DPO, 2WW etc).
happy.gif

I have made an appointment w a gynae next week.

Got a qtn to ask you all tho. Intend to have a general checkup and same time see what advice gynae can give on TTC. This is my first time visiting a gynae. Dunno wat to expect. Now thinking AF might be here next week on appointment date.

Do you think I should reschedule my appointment?
Seems queue for this gynae is quite long, so hoping not necessary to reschedule.

What do you gals think?

Hi all.

Been TTCing for only 1 mth.
I've been reading all the different threads.

Can someone help on those short forms (which ChocCake is asking).

only know TTC is trying to conceive
BF is breastfeed..
BP?
2WW?
DPO?
BD?
AF?
so CD is count down issit?
and there's alot more..

Pls help! tks

Hi Orbitmummy,

if you still around, check the following, i got it from another thread.

AF ... Aunt Flo (menstruation)
BBT ... Basal Body Temperature
BD...Baby Dancing (Love Making)
BCP ... Birth Control Pills
BFN...Big Fat Negative (Pregnancy Test Negative)
BFP...Big Fat Positive (Pregnancy Test Positive)
BOB...Baby on the Brain
B/W, b/w ... Blood Work
CB ... Cycle Buddy
CD ... Cycle Day
CL...Community Leader
CM ... Cervical Mucus
D&C ... Dilation & Curettage
DH... Dear (or whatever other D word seems appropriate at the time) Husband
DI ... Donor Insemination
DPO ... Days Past Ovulation
DPIUI ... Days Past IUI
DTD ... Do The Deed or Did The Deed
ET ... Embryo Transfer
EW...Egg White Consistency (related to CM)
EWCM ... Egg White Cervical Mucous
FET ... Frozen Embryo Transfer
FSH ... Follicle Stimulating Hormone
GP ... General Practitioner
HPT ... Home Pregnancy Test
HSG ... Hysterosalpingogram
ICI ... Intra-cervical Insemination
IF ... Infertility
IUI ... Intra-uterine Insemination
IVF ... In Vitro Fertilization
KWIM...Know What I Mean
LAP ... Laparoscopy
LH ... Luteinizing Hormone
LMP ... Last Menstrual Period (start date)
LOL ... Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Love
LPD ... Luteal Phase Defect
MC, m/c, misc. ... Miscarriage
NP ... Nurse Practitioner
O ... Ovulation
OB/GYN ... Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OMG ... Oh My Goodness!
OPK ... Ovulation Predictor Kit
OT or O/T...Off Topic
PCO, PCOD ... Polycystic Ovary Disease
PCOS ... Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
PG ... Pregnant
PID ... Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
PMS ... Pre-menstrual Syndrome
POAS ... Pee On A Stick
RE ... Reproductive Endocrinologist
RI ... Reproductive Immunologist
ROTFLMAO ... Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off
SA ... Semen or Sperm Analysis
STD ... Sexually Transmitted Disease
TTC ... Trying to Conceive
US, u/s ... Ultrasound
UTI ... Urinary Tract Infection
*IL ... *(whatever) In Law
2WW ... 2 weeks waiting

Hi, I'm new to this thread....

I have been to TCM for 3 months or so already... 1st 2 months there, my TCM gave me some pills to so called regulate my menses cycle as well as clear the clogged blood around my womb.

For the 2 cycles, i have been on a 24 days cycle...I thought the cycle would be regular as the 3rd cycle, i started TTC'ing as my TCM gave me pills to get me conceive easily.... In the end, the cycle din get regular and dragged for so long till 36 days cycle which initially i thought that i have missed my AF.

And with all the symptons that I suspected pregnant. But now in the end, my AF came. I got so disappointed.

I dunno whether izzit becos that the medicine that my TCM gave is not effective or what leh ... When I first knew that my Ovulation day is on the 21st day instead of what my TCM predicted, which is 12th day.... I felt 'gosh, i tot it's on the 12 th day ... Now another time of ovulation on the 21st day again?' And I thought couldnt be 2 ovulation days one mah...
When i realise my mucus was tranparant like egg-white and sticky, then i thought about it. haiz... my ovulation is on the 21st day. Of cos, on that day that i realise it, the few days before i din have any with my hubby... till the 21st and 22nd day, we had it....and waited until the 37th day that my AF came. And there were even symptons i thought i was pregnant.

Now I'm not sure whether should i continue to see my current TCM or what should i do? It seems like not easy to get preggy leh ...

Hi Maplestory,
Thanks for the great effort! It really help me to understand what they mean now.
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this thread. I've been TTC for almost 2 mths.
Only mid of this mth, I've just started taking my BBT. Looking at the temp data I've collected, my lowest temp is at 35.96 degC and after this my temp has increased to 36.11,36.21,36.39...and now it has been fluctuating around the range of 36.4 to 36.5.
When my temp is at the lowest, me and hubby have BD...so now hoping there's gd news!
happy.gif

I've heard that if BBT is high for more than 20 days,the chances of getting PG is there. So anyone know how high is consider high?

Since I've been trying to TTC for 2 mths, I've stopped exercising . Worry that it might affect the BB if I've got PG. But without exercise, I feel my body not as healthy as before. And also I've started to put on weight.Can anyone advise me whether can I continue with my exercise? Is it safe?

Hi BlueGlacier,

actually I thought that it doesnt matter whether u exercise anot when TTC mah....

If you are those who normally work-out and now dont work out becos of TTC'ing, then not so healthy leh....

Until the time when u found out that you are preggy, then stop exercising loh...

Hi, hope someone can help me here.
I'm using the ovulation strips bought from a mom here and start using it recently. Is it negative or positive when i see a lighter line below the control line? Previously I was using clearblue stick and it is very easy to read the result, but bcos it was ex, therefore I changed it to the strips...
I tried on my those days which was supposed to be positive as my cycle is quite accurate, but the test line was so light or its lighter and it was suppose to a negeative result right? I kept trying daily and yet see no darker testline till today, there's no line...... What had happen?
Does it mean that I do not ovulate this month? Or something is wrong with the strips?
Pls help

hi winx,

when positive, u can clearly see a line appear.

on my 1st month trying, i thought a faint line would mean i'm ovulating, but i was wrong.

coz on the 2nd month when i tried.. i used it everyday even when my supposed ovulation day was over like for about 4 days.
you can see a very very clear (for my case is dark)line on the strips.
and it works for me.

Good luck! but it's possible that you would not ovulate for that month too.

Hi Winx,

orbitmummy is right. You have got to see a clear test line appear, then u would consider that you will be ovulating within the next 24-36 hrs.

Hope this information helps u ...
happy.gif

Winx: Let me share my experience with you
happy.gif

I didnt track my BBT and the ovulation kits/strips didnt work for me as I had negative test results for EVERY single kit/strip I used. I had the feeling I was ovulating because of my EWCM(egg white cervical mucus). I went with my gut feelings and went for an ultrasound and v-scan immediately even though my ovulation test results were negative. Through the scans, the gynae saw the enlarged follicle, which is also usually present when one is ovulating. Although the enlarged follicle does not always means that you're ovulating but chances are rather high when there is one. So hubby and I BD anyway after the checkup and I successfully conceived
happy.gif

I guess my advice is not to trust your ovulation kits too much, esp when you get negative results. I realised that many who are TTCing rely on the OPK results very heavily and are affected by the results. If you have EWCM or that nagging feeling that you're ovulating, go see the gynae to check. You can also request ur gynae to do a blood test to check if you're ovulating as it is the most reliable when it comes to checking ovulation but I didnt do the blood test as I wanted to wait first and only do the blood test the next cycle if I did not get pregnant.

I am one MTB who had negative ovulation results but managed to conceive so I think its important to listen to your body and observe the changes too
happy.gif

All the best and good luck!

hi gals, i have problem conceiving after miscarriage. can anyone help ? my body temperature seems very low.. 36.1 and highest only 35.9 which is making me worried. alot of the readings are only 36.1 - 36.3 can anyone help ? i tried tcm and it seems to have moved it slightly 36.3-36.4 but still have tried for almost a year now but still no news sigh

hihi everyone.. me new here... now also my 2WW... so tired of this period.. been through this for some months... wondering when can receive good news....

any new gals here also 2WW... let's chat while waiting..

Hi,

I am in my 2ww too. Today is 4dpo. This is really a very tiring wait....so afraid that it will be a failed cycle again. I have BD on the day I detected OPK +ve and the following 2 days. Really pray that I will strike this cycle.

hi SarahFaith7.... me also waiting... ya, unbearable 2 weeks...today only the 3rd day wor... let's pray hard together...

Hi howblur,

lets keep each other company...how long have you been ttc? I have been ttc for 1.5yrs. really hope we will have good news together.
happy.gif

me TTC for half a year liao... but feel quite disheartened leh.. dunno why... maybe too anxious liao, that's why each time menses came i felt very disappointed...

ya.. let's keep each other company during this "critical" period... heehee.. let's hope we got good news this round...

Dont be disheartened, you have only tried for half a year. I know and understand how you feel. TTC is really very stressful and frustrating when it is another failed cycle. We must really learn to relax. So you have any symptoms? My breasts are kinda of pain but before AF come I also like that one....haiz.

sian leh.... tho i TTCing for half a year only and considered short period... think a lot of people when they see me they aim at my tummy wor... eg. grandma, friends, etc.. very stressful lo...

then will keep thinking how come other people so lucky, within half a year or just after wedding strike jackpot liao!!!

sarahfaith... breast pain also one of the sympthons of pregnancy??

me dun have this kind of sympthons.. but do you have v discharge as per normal??

Hi howblur

I am in the same boat as you. I also ttc for 6 months le, started in Dec 06. I become more obsessed as each cycle fails. Did many readings. I always wait in anticipation during the 2ww but it fails. But somehow in May, I got a faint positive on clearblue yet AF came shortly. I was having sore breast and high temperature. It is very different from my normal cycle. Well, it is just not meant to be.

Now, I am still having my AF. My fertile period is next week. Will have to work extra hard to hit the jackpot.

magdalene.. i read higher temperature and sore breast are sympthons of pregnancy leh... shortly after that you got your AF...did you check with doctor to confirm is not bleeding??

ya.. must wait lor.. me now still waiting... just like you keep surfing internet to find informations on how to speed up to fulfil my dream...

btw.. you got read articles like drinking grapefruit juice?

Hi howblur

It's bleeding. Confirmed cos it's full flow.

I am also doing lots of research. I intend to read baby books now to get prepared.

Grapefruit juice ah? I didn't see anything on that lei... I am currently taking EPO and folic acid. Hope it will help in both the CM and the baby growth. Are you also taking them?

what i heard is bleeding = threatened pregnancy.. so must have good rest and cannot walk around (last time my colleague also same situation and this is what she told me lar)..... means for your case is miscarriage?? cos you said is full flow...

ya.. EPO i read.. is Evening Primrose Oil rite.. but i think when pregnant cannot eat leh.. means during 2WW cannot eat... the article said to eat during AF till ovulation... you read about this?

i am taking Prenatal Formula from GNC.. but now kind of worried.. cos the salesgirl said TTCing also can eat tho the description stated for pregnant and lactating mothers... she said is something like multivitmins for women but has got 800 mg folic inside... good for bb growth.. but then i not yet pregnant leh... yet she said is ok to take also... how can i suspect her words.. but then i feel unconfortable on the words "for pregnant and lactating mothers"...

Hi howblur

I think what I was having was chemical pregnancy. It was common to have. some wo't even know that they were pregnant and AF came. My AF lasted for 2 weeks so I think all clear le. I am not pregnant definitely cos negative result aftet that.

Instead of taking prenatal formula, if you are not comfortable with it, why not just take folic acid? You can get it from NTUC Unity. You just need to take it everyday. It will be sufficient.

magdalene.. that was my initial intention.. just taking folic acid.. then the sales at GNC keep recommending this prenatal formula and confirm TTCing can eat.. then we thought if got other supplements to build body system also good lo.. instead of eating folic acid which is just for certain areas...

btw.. what is chemical pregnancy? how come AF is 2 weeks... not around 1 week meh?? AF = menses rite?

sarahfaith ... you got any sympthons of pregnancy?? me nope.. but seems like got sympthons of menses coming.... urghhhh

Hi Howblur,

When is ur AF due date? Mine is this Thursday. Till now, not much symtoms. Except tired(which I feels everyday) & nausea.

Something is missing which is boobs not sore this mth. Praying hard now.

Gals,

Maybe can try to drink or eat carrot to increase CM. I read from another forum.
It really increase my CM. Before & during O, really see a lot of EWCM.

Back