(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi,

Morning, long time no post liao.

Faye take very long time to finish her porriage nowadays, but if it's our food(Yogurt, jelly) she's very fast. She will stick to us and open her mouth wide and says "ah" Very fast.

Faye using Fitti Premium, last time b4 delivery I bought their promotion. Think total 6 cartons(6 packs each), $10/pk, very cheap, last her about a year. Now no more promo liao. I find it good enuff liao , day time will use fitti basic, nite time or "gai gai" time will use premium.

Hey,

I'm going bintan next Sat. Maybe can meet ur there.

reddates, i not going next Sat.. but going in March/April..
if Faye still drinking Karihome? I bought them from Malaysia at RM84 which is so much cheaper than SG n i alr compared, both are the same..hehe

Snowger,

I never receive the mailer but i realise it's coz i moved house but never inform them of the change in address hehe. But I thought recently they formed some joint venture with TMC so they should still be there, maybe Novena is just another branch (http://www.thomsonmedical.com/events.htm)

I saw the thread on the two PDs, I also dun understand why some of the comments are so negative, so far my experience has been fine except gotta wait very long lah haha. Like u say lor, no need to spend 15 min in there unless absolutely necessary. Maybe some have the mentality that since i have already paid for consultation, might as well make my $$ worth!

Echo & Snowger
I'm using Huggies Ultra for nighttime and Huggeis Dry comfort for day.

Tamms,
The pull up pants can be used once baby gets active and harder to change or refuesed to lie down for diaper changing. The L size is ok for Bryan (10kg) but it can no longer hold his urine output and will leak. So I decided to switch to Huggies and so far the quality is very good too.

Adel.. Dry Comfort is really good. Bryan uses that in IFC too? u can actually let him switch to Dry at IFC coz they will change regularly for him. better value. Hayden wears Dry Comfort and its good enuff to absorb his peepee.. he drinks abt 5 bottles of mag mag a day.. now we are cutting down his water intake so the diaper lasts so much longer.. Dry Comfort can last hayden thru the nite too. =)

There is a BP selling huggies at $15/pack if u buy 5 packs n abv. i think its a great deal but i havent bought from her yet coz very difficult to transport coz i dun drive.

Hayden going back to his nanny tmrw.. keke.. i'm giving her a nearly sick free baby.. except a little cough and a small patch of eczema on his right cheek.. so we'll see how things go from here.. stress.. haha..

FYI, ikea brought back their previous kid's menu.. keke.. must be many parents complain the crappy new menu..

Kath,

Yup, Faye still drinking Karihome step 3 . I bought at Jurong west at abt $35/tin, compare to supermarket is much cheaper. So work out to abt RM84 (base on 2.4 rate), Karihome at supermarket are selling at cut throat prices for such a small tin. But what to do , our kids more suitable drinking goat milk. I tried a few others , after drinking a few times, cough and runny nose and cannot poo well.

I'm going Bintan with my HB only, celebrating our 8th year anni, waiting for this kind of break for so long already.

Tamms,
NTUC got offer for Mamy Poko Jumbo size packs at $21.45... CK is selling the jumbo pack for $20.95... So if you stocking can buy from CK if there is one near ur place. The offer for CK is until end of this month, while stock last.

Ivy,
That was the cheapest I ever saw. But nvr get to buy at that price pt lor. Now Giant dare not pull the stunt... Must be not profitable... LOL!

Santorini,
U are right about that. My ger see my MIL good to bully, so when my MIL put her in chair she will scream super loud. So my MIL will carry her to feed or let her walk ard... -__-" Have to talk to her and see if she can change. Am so looking forward to putting her in CC... Hopefully her habits will be btr...

Zachmummy,
Then go HK btr... Else u will be staying in hotel 90% of the time. :p Unless u want to shop at LV, Gucci shops in the Venetian. :p But the shopping area for Venetian is very nice. They make the ambience like a very nice "weather"... Makes u wanna stick ard even if not shopping...

yogi08,
Haha... I can understand how the parents feel lar. Cos the first few appts, I find her like v attitude. Then I think back, her clinic really too packed. AND!!! When she came to see my ger in nursery then came to tell me oso v rush... So it's just her lar. :p

Was telling hb must call up to ask... Cos going to take her for the "P" jab soon. So dun wait last minute dunno which one to go to... HAHA! If not wrong, the other Dr Ang like move out. Then our Dr Ang move to his side.

Phyl,
Was there a change in their kids menu? I only know they change spag to some funni pasta which I din really like. ;p

Luthadel,
I tried NTUC brand for my ger (bot M size). GUESS WHAT? she got rashes... now got to let go... Anyone interested?

luthadel
Cold Storage has offer on Huggies Ultra. Yesterday I was there, bought one pack at $13+. If you want to, you can stock up. I also use Huggies Ultra at night only but use Huggies Dry in the day (blue pack). So far so good.

so cheap for MP to be selling at 19.99...maybe GIANT only put the price but not the stock...haha

CK must call and check stock...the last time i bought from CK MP jumbo pack at $20.50 only....so i just stock up 5 packs...till now still have 2 unopen packs..i stock up around sep i think.

Jake is using Fitti basic for day time...i find it better than Huggies Comfort and cheaper...NTUC selling Fitti basic at $12.95. cheaper than Sheng Shiong...i becoming so auntie

reddates, tat's cheap leh.. but if i 'chiong' all the way to JW juz to buy milk powder, my hb will say siao..he dun really bother abt the price. :p but since i go back every mth, i will juz buy 2 tins each time..

Ivy,
U are right... It's cheapest but NO STOCK! So dissapointing, nvr bother going back... NTUC sold MP Jumbo at 20.45 (tat was when Giant was selling at $19.99), by far cheapest. Nowadays, NTUC sells at 21.45 if on offer.
happy.gif

Me also join u in the auntie gang... I compare price tat's why I know CK got offer. LOLz...

I went to CK Bukit Merah, they only got 2 packs of M size. So I grab (the one at Bukit Merah not v well-stocked). My dad went to CK Clementi bot 1 M size and 1 L size for my ger. So shld be got stock bah...

i forgot the last time i bought from CK how much..but i know its cheap!!thats why i stock 5packs...haha...maybe i should go grab few packs of S size for my coming boy....

Snowger/Ivy,
my boy also wearing MP. Used to let him wear pampers active but always have the urine smell. My boy only can wear MP and pampers active other brand have rashes. Ex butt. And he is wearing XL size since he is 8mths. He got a big round butt. Cos use L size the thigh there always red red. Sigh.

Little Rabbit,

thanks for asking abt wat we can bring onboard a plane. I will be gg to BKK this fri and i havent find out wat i can bring on board for Ervin.. Haa.lazy mum. I have plan a short trip to KL in mar as well.

Jappooh,
^5. My dotter and ur son got equally high class butt. So far she's been using MP (which I really have no complains abt).

Pet Pet leaks when she use. Her poo esp will come out from the side. NTUC one she got rashes... *SIGH*

Ivy,
If u want then must buy b4 end of this month hor.

Kath,

Of coz no pt to chiong at the way to JW to buy milk powder unless u buy in bulk, the diaper is cheap there oso. I'm working in Tuas area so it's on the way.

Diapers,

Few of the brands which r quite lousy
Pureen(the diaper can be dry, but the urine can leak out, funny, not absorbent at all)
pet pet(Maxx got rashes after using)

So far , huggies dry comfort , fitti premium , pampers r good enuff liao.

MP is good. Ashlynne also using it for a long time. I love it.

Snowger, i got it from the medical hall at $14.20 , L size , for (38 +4free pieces).. Same price for the M size. I can't find the jumbo pack there. Often rush to get jumbo pack, its all gone!!
sad.gif

Realise that this medical hall sell so much cheaper for MP and its cheaper than BP price.

jowinbb,
Haha... Welcome to the MP fan club! My CL was a fan of MP after using 2 pcs of the NB sample... -__-"

Tat's really cheap! So far havent spotted any medical hall tat sells at that price. Hmmm..shld keep my eyes open for such shops.

Milk powder from Msia:
All are cheap... But I heard Enfa's powder colour is different fr the Spore version...

snowger,

actually, many years ago when my eldest girl was a baby and drinking Similac .. I went to JB once and bought from there cos it's cheaper.

same ingredients according to the tin .. but taste different leh! .. my girl REFUSED to drink. She din know mah that it's from M'sia but the smell and taste different so she rejected it. End up waste my money. so from then on, we didn't bother anymore even though we live in Woodlands and we're so near JB.

I dunno about now lar. I'm sure things have changed :p just sharing my experience
happy.gif

kristalangel,
I oso not sure if the taste is the same. The feedback was from my colleague. Cos he opened the tin of Enfa and compared with the leftover Enfa fr Spore and found e one from Msia was more yellow... Since then, he dare not buy fr Msia. My daughter's milk powder Msia dun sell one... *hehe*

Your girls take the Petit Miam yoghurt? I let my girl try and she is ok with it vs the Yogplait baby...
happy.gif

must rant!!! I bought the magic mop from the BP..n my super duper strong part time helper manage to spoil it.. It is only used less than 3 times lor.. first, the stick itself i dunno how much strength she uses, but it was supposed to be able to move 2-way..she manage to make it move 360deg thus the mop cant stand on its own which it actually can.
then the pail..the pedestal thingy is spoilt!! I wanna clean the kitchen now, n the mop is completely wet!!! Cannot use liao.. $35 juz flew out of the window. Jia lat..n she keep telling me how her house oso using the same one etc etc. Sianz..

Snowger - Valerie LOVES that yoghurt! She'll "ask" for more after she finished 1 pot and even licks the empty little pot.. -_-"

Btw, just to post on behalf of Jolynash, baby Geraine's 4 lower teeth had turned black. Brushing can't remove the black stain. She suspect that it could be due to the formula milk that causes it. She's asking if any of u would know if there's any good dentist that treat young toddlers?

zachmommy,

I NEVER buy super wonderful expensive equipment when it's not me using. If u also mop .. then get two .. the one YOU want and another regular CHEAP mop for the aunty to use. then keep the expensive one away so she can't use.

they don't pay for the it, they dunno how to treat it. I have a friend who bot those rainbow cleaners and then ask the maid to use. her first maid spolit it within a week of arriving. the rainbow cleaner was brand new. heartpain man.

Fong2
How long have the teeth turned black? My girl's teeth turned black once because she fell. Doctor said it was probably due to a blood clot from the fall. The stain faded away after a few days. Anyway, I think KKH has pediatric dentists, but not sure if you need referral to see them. Maybe she can check with her PD and get a referral from there?

Snowger,

hahaha MP club? ya .. I also only use Mamy Poko for all my girls .. for my 3 year old, she uses the super big XXXXL pull ups for nite time .. altho it's dry nowadays I still dowan her to pee on her bed ie my bed.

my girls are ok with most yoghurt. They take the ones u can find in Carrefour .. I think it's called Ehrmann .. they like the strawberry flavour so I stock up every month. Calista seems fine with it too.

Echo/Sam - She said it happened right after she upgrade her formula milk to Enfagrow.. She never mentioned that her girl fell.. Oh KKH has pediatric dentists? Ok, will let her know.. Thanks..
happy.gif

Fong2,
I feed it as "breakfast" to her the past 2 days. My ger dun cry for more... cos she was eyeing at hb and my BF... :p

zachmummy,
I totally agree with Kristalangel... Expensive stuff is for personal use. That's why I am still pondering to buy the Delphin cleaner or not. my current one gives off an odour 2 wks aft I changed the filter!

Kristalangel,
WE LOVE MP! :p my ger is using MP pull ups too! But only when we go out... easier to change, cos she'll crawl ALL over the place...

Snowger

I also used MP for going out/ 1 x for day....n used v cheap brand Pureen Premium 5 for nite time. Its v cheap n good, wont leak at all. Usually i change my gal pamper ard 10pm then till next morning 11+am, also wont leak lei
happy.gif

Snowger,

hahah ya ... one of my trolleys when we go Carrefour will consist of Mamil Gold Step 4 refill packs box (2 boxes) and 6-8 packs of various sizes of MP and also all the Heinz jar food. kiddies are expensive lol !!

I love MP. None of my girls ever had rashes using it so I've been a firm believer of the brand for years now. I sound like a spokeswoman for the brand. lol

Fong
My ex coll baby got black teeth.. is due to my his wife gave her baby to drink kopi to try. thats why like that.. and the stain cannot come off de..

4 black teeth oh no... poor jeraine!

I'm feeding my girl Yoplait, I think its yoplait plus, 1kg pack. It's just plain yoghurt without flavouring so its a bit sour. My girl usually has it for breakfast mixed with some sliced banana or jar fruit. It's not as sugary as petit miam. My girl is ok with it, and I eat it with manuka honey so it's great, we can share the same 1kg tub.

My friend uses Pureen premium 5, she says its good.

xiaohwa,
I dare not try various brands... Anyway, my hb just told me tat my dotters butt is getting used to the NTUC diaper... So MIL is using them...

kritalangel,
WOW! Sure is expensive... milk powder is enuf to slit throats...

Fabbie,
DRINK KOPI??? Oh my goodness... My first drink of caffine was in Primary sch. I drink tea/coffee everyday between lunch & dinner with biscuits...

Tamms,
I dare not buy plain ones... cos my dotter is too particular. Petit Miam says no artifical falvouring and colours so I am happy. haha...

mummies, can tell me is there any difference for the Model Year of maxi-cosi car seat?
like Priori XP 2007 vs 2008. Is there any diff, or just the color options only?

Snowger - We fed our girl Petit Miam after her lunch.. NTUC brands not suitable for my girl.. Leak urine dunno how many times liao.. Same, her butt expensive.. using Nepia & MP pull up pants.. :p

Fabbie - HUH??!!! Drink kopi at such a young age??!!! I wouldn't let my girl drink kopi until she's 13 yrs old lor.. I think children shld be drinking more milk to build up their calcium levels..

Tamms - I dare not feed my girl plain yogurt other than those meant for toddlers. Cos i thought maybe our toddlers can't stomach it?

Hi Mei Lik,
How have you been?

Fong2,
My MIL fed my ger Petit Miam once aft her dinner... Then for her last feed she only drink 80ml. *faintz*

MILK FEEDS:
Can I ask you gals, how many milk feeds are you giving your babies now? And on average how much they are drinking + solids (e.g. 3 times a day etc). Wondering if I am underfeeding my dotter in terms of solid...

kath,
think most of the cleaners very 'cho loh' one lor... my previous part time cleaner spoilt 2 of my mop lor, luckily those are cheap cheap one... now i'm using the 360 deg mop too, me also worried when my current cleaner using it coz tat one not cheap lor, my mum got it for me at $69...

snowger,
is delphin same as rainbow or osim iecologi? u tot of buying one bcoz of the steaming function tat claims can kill the dustmites? let me share u my experience... i dun hav delphin at home but i got osim iecologi tat got similar function, vacumming & steaming... but i tell u i hardly use it lor... bcoz the vacum is damn blardy heavy & bulky... my hand & body always ache after using it, so in the end i went & buy another lightweight vacum cleaner for daily use... so my advice is, unless u think u will really use the steam function everyday to clean ur house, or u like to do housework & u will do it every single day, then it's ok to invest one... if not then must think twice lor, moreover it is NOT CHEAP... now my OSIM is sitting in my storeroom most of the times, i only take out & use when i really need it to steam my mattress & sofa, which is not often... luckily it was a gift from my BIL, else my hb will nag nag nag coz i insisted to get one tat time... keke

Diapers:
I'm using pull up pant most of the times, dun u all find it's very difficult to wear them the normal open diaper nowadays? to me it's almost impossible, but hor buying pant very shiong coz not cheap!!

Bad breath
can i ask if any of ur baby got this problem? i already clean his mouth & brush his teeth everyday but he still got bad breath... and sometimes the problem is very bad until i tot he poo but in fact he's not, the stinky smell is coming out from his mouth... yuck!!

Jess,
Delphin is similar to Rainbow & Osim iecologi. I can only say that it does not hve the steam function. The filter bag is water on it's own. Eh... heaviness I not too sure, but hor my current one is V heavy. Cos my parents say heavier is btr.

As for diapers, outside I find it difficult. At home, still ok. :p

snowger,
delphin got no steaming function? then why is it so ex? osim iecologi also using water but i think very troublesome also laa coz need to take out & wash after every use.. now i'm using bagless vacumm cleaner & i find it easier laa coz no need to wash or change so often... and why heavier better? tot for vacum cleaner the suction power is more important... and if using a super heavy vacum cleaner is no joke lor... i always end up with blisters on my palm coz carry too heavy stuff... anyway it's individual choice laa.. these are juz my personal opinions
happy.gif

xiaohwa,
my boy is drinking abt 10oz of water everyday... so i dunno why he still hav such bad breath.. or 10oz too little still?

Jess,

Ervin also have the same problem specially when he is teething. But ervin dun drink alot of water loh. Wow 10oz is alot to me. cos Ervin drink like half of it nia.

He have 6 more teeth to go b4 he have a complete set of teeth. So hope his teething process will be over soon.

Jess.. I will ask her to use back conventional mop tmr. Super sian.. Now the whole thing gotta throw away cos even the pedestal on the pail is spoilt!
Eh.. Zach oso got bad breath but usually in the morning so I'll use first teeth n brush. I clean his teeth front n back, gums, cheeks n the upper mouth too. Can't seem to brush his tongue but aft brushing n wiping with cloth it's ok alr. Haha.. He onie drink less than 10ml of water per day lor..

Hi snowymum
* Wave *
Busy at work, travelling. Now musing with the thought of 3rd pregnancy. Planning for rabbit baby next year. I want another boy.

With that thought i am now starting all my regime back...Folic acid, calcium, etc.

Jess,
Nope. It's 3k plus. Dunno how much the osim one & the rainbow cost. If not wrong, the machine has some pulsating thing that is suppose to "shake" the dustmite to surface and then the machine will be able to extract them btr... It is more expensive than Osim bcos there is no need to change filters (eh, that's what the sales person say lar). Then is can also act like a MEGA air purifier...

Seriously, I hate my current vaccum. I want to change but it's not spoilt, so a bit heartpain to buy a new one lor.

zachmommy,
cannot continue to use it? But like the normal conventional mop?

fabbie,
She no scared the baby later eyes big big cannot fall asleep? ;p

Mei Lik,
Wow... Pei fu you want another one. You must love kids v much! Rabbit can only start in May/June this year. :p

If you get another boy, then must share your regime with me leh... I oso want boy... *HAHA* dreaming 8)~

Back