(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

kath,
i oso use first teeth toothpaste to brush his teeth & gum everyday ler, juz dunno why his mouth still so stink...

fabbie,
my parent let my nephew drink coffee (but not much i think) when he was juz abt 8 mths old only... keke

snowger,
osim one cost abt $1.5K... must change the filter one meh? din know ler & i nv change also within this 5 years... and OSIM one also can act as MEGA air purifier too mah... hehe! but i still hate it coz it is too bulky & heavy... think 16kg?

Jess,

my MIL also let Ervin try coffee b4. Like 1 to 2 sip loh. I not at hm dunno how much things she get him try liao. Headache..

Jappooh
your mil let Ervin try coffee...?? Goodness....

Have all of you let your little ones try things like
ice-cream, candy, chocolates already????

Which other food have you not let your little one try?

snow, the mop is round, so cannot use as conventional cos i dunno how is she going squeeze the mop dry. Who cares..i will tell her it's spoilt tmr, n if can will deduct from her pay! :p

santorini, zach tried ice cream since he was 7mths! so far his preferred brand is still ben n jerry. Proven.. i bought the gelato online, he dun like it. Eat a few spoon n he walk away on his own. Haagan Daz as well.. but wif ben n jerry, he will actually scream for more. Mabbe it is sweeter that's y he like.

other than that..he still take our food but those more healthy type..like tomato pasta, fish, egg, tofu but if it is cooked with soy sauce etc etc then i will not let him have it.

Santorini,
I let her try ice-cream liao. She likes sweet stuff... I'm still avoiding chocolates (Heard got caffine oso?), candy, seafood (like prawns, sotong, etc. Fish scallop eat liao.), soft drinks, commercial fruit juices...

As for table food, I let her eat already...Like fish meat from my fish soup. And some stuff I cook I may put a bit of soy sauce.

zachmommy,
My helper is wierd... she uses her hands to squeeze the mop althou i did provide her with the mop wringer... So mayb u can tell ur helper lor. :p

Snow, the mop cannot be wring using hand unless she can grab a bunch 6x. The mop head is less than 10cm in length. Haha

jappooh, I read tat can drink honey liao. Hehe but yet to let him try. I'll buy a orange squeeze n squeeze orange juice for him.

eating food
my PD said can let emma eat all adult food, just try one at a time. so i've let her eat nuts, prawns, honey, even a bit of candy, keropok, fries. but i try not to let her eat so much unhealthy food la. for her meals, about half the time she will still eat porridge, half the time she will eat what we cook, e.g. soup with rice, beef stew, anything that's not spicy or easy to chew.

zachmommy,
i miss not No nuts for Ervin too.

Honey i knw can take but i think not all honey can take. When i have my elder one i cant remember i read from where some honey are consider posion for kids under 2 yrs old. So to play safe i aviod all honey till my kids reach 2.

Tina,
i actauly avoid seafood as long as possible. My 4yr old boy only take dried scallop that cook with the porridge. Other seafood so far didnt give. For Ervin same lar only dried scallop when cook wuith porridge. Cos they have Eceamza so i dun let then take nuts as well. Cos these are high allegires food.

jappooh
yah i think it will depend on your child. good that you play safe. emma is not an allergic girl, no eczema and all that, so PD said can give anything. if prone to allergies better to be careful.

snowger
hey i'm not sure if you're interested, but there is a Cherie Hearts that is opening in River Valley Rd. Just opposite my office, so i'm very interested. not sure if it will be out of the way for you, though. they are not opening yet though, but you can call and make enquiries. i will call them today to see if i can get a tour of the place.

jess, i am using the rainbow for 4 yrs liao...its heavy but not too bad...am haapy cause can suck all my cat's fur...no steam function, but can wash aircon...dun ask me how, cause my hubby is suppose to be the one doing but he oso cannot remember how liao...hahaha

Finally gotten the long awaited call fr Marsden.
Sending Zach to his first swimming trial
nxt Sat!!

Hey, shall we meet up before the cny?? Or aft cny??

tara
my gal i let her taste icecream.. mee.. wedding dinner like her try shark fin and she super love it! -___- but i try not to give her so much of seafood stuffs..

btw is it a MUST to jab for eating seafood? i duno whats the jab call.

bur,
Rainbow is good uh? I din ask them to come and do demo. How much was urs?

Fabbie,
It's Hep A jab. The jab is good if you/the child is eating shell seafood (i.e. clams, mussels, lala, that type of seafood). I took it before. There is a booster jab that suppose to take yearly I think. Else considered not jab.
happy.gif

wahhhh fabbie.. ZY tried shark fin already ah... Better not alot as it contain mercury
happy.gif

I also have not let Ashlynne try seafood. Only dried n fresh scallop.

She took an egg and alright.. no allergy.
happy.gif

Everyday, i headache over what to cook for her lunch n dinner.. Sianz...

Tonight I am cooking steam egg + minced pork + soft rice...

Echo,
River Valley is a bit out of the way for me. Cos I work outram area and I dun drive. Thanks for telling me! ;p

jowinbaby
ya that time.. infact her 1st food that she tried when she was 1 month old was sharkfin liao. which is my FIL let her try.. -____-

Snow
Is it good?

Kath
Anything! just name me the time and date.. i think after CNY will be better ba? i think around CNY alot of people will be going oversea to see kin or whatever.. you no need to go malaysia meh?

NEED TO VENT!
On Friday, Bryan came back from IFC with little cough then i realised on Monday morning that a lot of the kids are coughing and some with runny nose. So I asked the teachers again why they allow these kids to come into the centre and what if they pass the infection around to the rest? No answer given, just a weak smile.

Bryan came home on Monday and at 1.30am developed high fever (38.4C) and he was coughing like mad. Yesterday took him to the PD and now he is grounded till end of this week. He was still having fever when I left for work (with heavy heart). I'm so damn Fu$#@@g thinking of just bringing him over tmr to IFC for half a day and let him spread the bugs around and get those idiotic parents to feel how it is like to have their healthy child getting ill from others! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Fabbie,
I took because I love to eat "hum" dip with belacan. The thing that cause Hep A is actually sewage water. So if the hum you eat suay suay contiminated by sewage water, then can get Hep A.

Personal take is I dun wan to overload my girl's system with lots of jab. So I will encourage her to take when she starts eating shellfish type of food (like hum) or travel to countries where hygiene is a concern.
happy.gif
Hep A is not mandatory jab. Fatality rate aft contracting Hep A is low compared to Hep B.

As for vaccination, must take 2 jab. (sorry I confuse) The jab is 2 doses,2nd dose take 6 - 12 months later. Immunity is for 10 - 20 years. Protection against hep A begins 4 weeks after vaccination.

You can read more in the link:
http://www.singhealth.com.sg/PatientCare/ConditionsAndTreatments/Pages/HepatitisA.aspx

Luthadel,
When I went to the CC to check out facilities, I always spot 1-2 child who are coughing like crazy. When I ask the CC in wat condition would they refuse a child to attend CC, they told me unless the nose drool is green or if the kid is having fever...

So hor, runny nose or cough, the child would still be able to attend CC... *oh well...* Not v happy with the answer...

Snowger,

i think that is very common lar. Thogh many ppl feel that kids shouldnt be send to cc. But sometime a kid can have slight cough for 1wk. Then if those have no caregiver at hm might not have so many leaves to take. THat is life. Cant help. At 1st i also not happy. Now i kind of get use to it liao.

Snowger and Jappooh,
If the kids are just having clear mucous, I'm not that worried but those kids are having coloured mucous (green/yellow) and that was the reason for my anger. Now that the toddler division has cases of H1N1 and chicken pox, they're screening every kid but still allowed those with fever to enter so I really dun know why they bother to screen in the 1st place. #$Q%#$@Q%^$##%!^$ shitty lah, sorry ah, just need to vent some air....super duper tired and lack of zzzzzzzz, worried about Bryan and still need to be at work.....torture to the max!

snow..rainbow is okay..cause nvr use the rest b4...think its 3k..can't realli remember how much i paid liao...so long ago...

fabbie...wah, zy tried sharkfin!!!cidney's diet is still very much restricted cause i think she's a sensitive kid, her eczama is still around so no seafood for her yet...will be bring her for prick test soon...no cold stuff for her too except yohgurt..

IFC/CC: our ifc also usually have kids with runny nose and coughing...what to do??? my mom also will complain to me whn she pick cidney from ifc once a while that this kid is coughing and that kid is hving running nose...when i ask the teacher, they will always say...oh is it.. the kid has poor lungs..so on chinese med??? but after so long, they kindda got use to each other viruses...hahaha

Adel,

oh fever still can go? My boy school is if is fever and uclers cant get into the school. Unless with letter from doc say the ucler is not HFMD. For running nose they dun actully care whether is clear or coloured mucous.

Jappooh,
Ya. It really sucks. Cos I hear the kid cough, is those mucous thick thick kind of cough and sounds pretty serious. I can emphatise with parents who send their kids to CC despite them being sick cos no one at home to help look aft.... BUT... *haiz

Luthadel,
The CC I went visit say no entry is kid has coloured muscus or fever or blisters on hands n legs n mouth area... But as to if they really do so, I have no idea.

Bur,
Urs oso $3k... haha... delphin suppose to be able to clean A/C oso. :p

Snowger
In the handbook it said the same thing but the action is different. So annoying lor. I'll be on leave tmr to take care of Bryan, then got to get back to the office on Friday morning to process pay adjustments for staff and then head home in the afternoon. Been sooooooooooo tired since Xmas....SIAN!

luthadel,
Complain to MCYS got use or not huh?

I think it is bad if they say something and not enforce it lor (esp the fever...) Plus the HMFD and H1N1 string of virus flying ard is not helping wor. Hopefully, Bryan's body will learn quickly how to counter the strains of virus...

Hope Bryan get well soon. Seems like most CC doesn't really do a thorough check...

bur, snowger,
My house also using rainbow...so heavy lor...put in storeroom for mnay yrs..took out for the maid to use recently coz I hate the thing hitting my leg..

Adel,
probably you might want to stock up on the Sambucol...coz randall also got viral fever 39.7..doc say will last 5-7 days but on the 3rd day I bought and give him..the night ok liao...that Sambucol really help to fight virus...

Hi Adel,
i think that is wat Merydith mention. I am not sure lei cos i giving other brand Black elderberry extract. And i give it to my elder one as supplement not when he is sick. Maybe u want to check with Merydith.

Santorini,
I read from other threads/forum that can buy from Vitakids.
happy.gif

Out of bo-liao-ness...in case I want to go buy oso... ;p Here are where you can find VitaKids.

VitaKids@Forum 583 Orchard Road #B1-28/29/30
VitaKids@United Square 101 Thomson Road #B1-27
Pink of Health 9 Raffles Boulevard #01-101
VitaKids@Paragon 290 Orchard Road #05-47/48

Snowger,
these one is better to get from Vitakids cos it state is for 1yr and above. Some from overseas web some show for kids older loh. Though the packing look the same.

Snowger
i also heard of this brand and my friend recommend me. I asked my GP and he hesitate cos he not sure about health products... But a few of my friends' baby took and seem quite good and seldom sick.

I can get 20% off vitakids products this month..

Santorini,
sure, i can help u N provided Sambucol is on the discount items category.
happy.gif

i m trying to get to vitakids soon cos i need to help my bestfriend to get her gummies for her kids too.

Me also thought of buying Sambucol.

Yes, I bought from vitakids

This packaging below
http://www.sambucol.com/index.cfm?id=530&pid=4.

If I can remember correctly, can only take 1 hr after the medication.

But because I read somewhere that ibuprofen + paracetomol can only suppress the fever and then after the med subside fever can climb higher, I stop giving the doc medication...coz when the doc say will peak around 3-4 days I almost fall off my chair..coz he already fever 39.7.

Heng the Sambucol work for me..coz I so scared that time. For fever, take 10ml twice a day.
No fever take 5ml

But heard it works only for viral fever. If fever is caused by bacterial, then probably not effective ba

jowinbaby,
My PD is also not too enthu abt recommending such supplements... That tiem I got ask her abt multi-vits she say no need. haiz...

morning mummies!!

long time since i posted. hehe.

luthadel
hope bryan recovers real soon!

most CC take children in as long as no green mucous or fever. like japooh, im used to it le. now i stop them from bathing Jayzon in sch & he *touch wood* is beta dan b4. tink aircon too cold. d kids run around wif their hair wet. haiz.

bur
u got try physiogel A1 cream for nini? its veri good. kayson's eczema clear afta 3 applications. =)

snowger
im using Delphin. u wana get ah? so far we use to vaccum our beds. they taught us how to clean aircon too but i forgot liao. haha. end up call ypg hubby to come do servicing next wk. =p

sambucol
for usage of it, hav to take for few daes den stop a couple of daes wor. cannot take continously everydae. im giving the bois ecchinea drops which i put into their milk every wkdaes n stop during wkends. =0

another good one is colostrum from childlife.

morning mummies,
me second Sambucol, works for flu too.. but i dun give it as daily supplement, only when flu. pretty much cleared up after 3 dosages.
thk it's $24.90 from vitakids

Back