Mummies/SAHM staying at Jurong

Etelle...It can also be rewarding when you see your child absorbed the knowledge that you passed on to him/her. But be prepared that it takes a while before you will see result and that there is presently no homeschooling curriculum in Singapore Education Syllabus and those the follow the American Standard might not be suitable for Asian.

I spend alot of time planning and working on materials and searching for resources and books, VCDs and DVDs to supplement in what I am teaching my boy. It is not an easy feast, but I am enjoying the fruits of the hardwork as well since Kai would explain quite a bit of stuff at his age when he is being asked and he is full of questions and loves to learn as well as play.

Start off slowly and then when you are more comfortable, then add on more stuff. For me, it was much easier as I am a trained teacher so I know what resources I am looking for and I have in mind what I am into as well as what I want in my curriculum. Hope that give a better idea.

prisc
yeah lor u r a trained teacher...hee kai so blessed hee
happy.gif
but yeah singapore no curriculum for home teaching even if yes also the parents come up with it themselves....

Jennie...like what I told Etelle before, it depends on what you believe in and what you want to teach your child. And it is taxing too when you have to prepare your curriculum, own activities etc. And that you have to tailor made it to suit both your child and you.

I teach Kai from all sort of materials and I spent all the time Kai in school sourcing, preparing and also I get up earlier in the morning to prepare the materials, do my own quiet time and exercise, plan my day before I start the day with him.

Etelle...when bb young, start with flash cards (English-Day 1, Chinese-Day 1, Dots- Day 1 to 6 months, Numbers-6months, Colours-10months), reading both English and Chinese books, etc. Yes, parents have to come out of their own. What motivate me on is that Kai is picking up and he is learning and wants more. In fact, I was so surprised that he could read simple books by himself (1 words by 22months, 2-3 by 28months and now into 1- 3sentences on a page) and he can recognise quite a bit of chinese characters and can tell me in English the meaning and what they stand for. He is also doing addition now for maths.

What I have decided for our homeschooling was simple:
1)Character building
2)Teaching of Value - use every opportunity we have to teach sharing, giving, honesty, etc
3)Surviving skills - cooking, baking, cleaning up his own toys, his mess(after his craft lesson), household chores.
4)English, Chinese, Maths, Science
5)Teaching him the verse from the bible, about God.
6)Craftworks

So both Jennie and Etelle, to homeschool, you have to do your own planning, source for your resources, prepare the materials and activities, there is no one package that will cater to your need as which child is different and has different learning style. We can discussed about it as we get along.

And to all ladies,
Wishing you a blessed Chinese New Year!

Will MIA for a while as I need to organise lots of stuff for CNY and also need to backup data, photos of laptop as well as updating my blog, creating Kai's blog, doing compiling Kai's photos into more filmstrip on DVDs for him and preparing materials for our next month HS theme.

Have a great time and enjoy your children. They grow very fast. I also need the time to enjoy my darling boy, he is growing too fast, haahaaa. He is now using his own umbrella, carrying his own school bag and telling me "Mummy, I am a big boy now and I can walk on my own."

Will drop by when time permit.

Just to share what we created for lunch and dinner yesterday,

Lunch - Baked creamy salmon, mixed vegetables pasta with cheddar cheese
695915.jpg

Kai and my pizza (The process of how the pizza is made from scratch will be on my blog soon, how kai made the pizza)

Our Roast Beef, Capsicum, Onion and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza

In the midst of making
695916.jpg

Before baking
695917.jpg

After baking
695918.jpg

Hi mummies,

Oops... really MIA for veri veri long time... keke... jumped forum already...

Etelle,
Can include me in list
happy.gif

Age (as at 07) - 29
sad.gif

No. of Chn - 1
1st child - Lezann 09/05
Add - JW St 65 658B
Occup - FTWM

Thks!

Shylyn,
I gd mummy, listen to u, come back here liao... wah... u paid for the shicida april class already? So u confirmed sending Ivec there? I tinking abt July intake for my ger.. u got any idea when's the opening registration for that intake? keke...

May,
U at home later bo? I mayb drop by later to pass u Austin's present... paisei, so late ah...

Shylyn
I just heard from my cousin that she oso sign her daughter at shinchida since 6 mths old, the fees is $750 or $800 (I forget le) for 3 mths.

blurblur
added
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Age (as of 07)</TD><TD>No. of chn</TD><TD>1st child (MM/YY)</TD><TD>2nd Child(MM/YY)</TD><TD>Add</TD><TD>Occp. </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>AngelaO</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jerald 12/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Brendali</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Jerome 07/04</TD><TD>Jayden 07/06 </TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>dal</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jezoir 4.5mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 24</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ethan 02/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Karen </TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jiaen 7 Months+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan </TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Little_Nana </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Kaelyn 5mths+</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>BL</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Prisc</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>01/07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 61</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Aspialle </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ted 10/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>BL Dr</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Austin 01/07</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Carole</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Clarissa 13 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>West Wood Cres</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ivec 04/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>jenie_1979</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Fionne 06/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>sept03bride</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Caleb 10 mths</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>happychris</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Amber 11/05</TD><TD>Dora 11/05</TD><TD>JW St 24</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>venus_77</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Justin 10/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>doggies_mummy</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Jun Heng 09/06</TD><TD>Jun Wei 09/06</TD><TD>JW St 93</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Priscilia Nep</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Kai En 09/03</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Toh Guan </TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>vodkager</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Jabez 08/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JE St 21</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>blurblur</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Lezann 09/05</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>JW St 65, 658B</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<font color="ff0000">HAPPY CNY EVRYONE</font>

hI LADIES
MIA a few days as was off yest & no access to pc..

Pris Neo
Hmm..I really salute u..very impressed that u really take the effort to nurture ur child. Must look up 2 u ^_^ btw, just wondering, any special diet u take during ur pregnancy? Cos ir ead today newspaper which stated tt mothers who eat seafood during pregnancy will hv brighter kids..so with Kai showing his potential, just curious whether the news is true ^_^

Blur
Yeah loh..u mia for sooooo long..which thread did u jump to?? I hv been active in the WTS thread..heheheh...
Yup..signed ivec for the Shichida class..not too sure when e intake for July class will start leh..I can check out for u when i attend the 1st class on Apr 7th. Think sometimes they will also place ad on the newspapers as well..will keep a lookout for u.

May
$750 is the sch term fees but for a start, need to pay upfront $1300..hmm..cant rem exactly liao..

Btw, wishing all Mommies a very Happy & terrific Chinese New Yr!!!!

Hi Shylyn

I eat everything except rice that gave me morning sickness during my pregnancy, my family has the love of seafood even not pregnant, we always have crabs. I have crabs all the way till I delivered my boy and still eating them haahaa.

From young after 6 months, Kai has all kind of seafood be it crab, oysters, prawn, scallop or squid. He loves seafood as well. I think it is also important to stimulate the brain too as 0-6 yr old is the stage where the brain is like a sponge and it will just absorbs. And if you have made it a habit from young to read to the child, the child will naturally love to read.

We take every opportunity to read, in the transport, waiting to pay at the cashier, waiting for Kai to go into class, waiting at doc or even at the dentist. Will need to go and source for chinese books for Kai, now that he has managed to recognise quite a bit of characters that he is asking me to get him Chinese books as well for him to read.

Have to go, need to go Chinatown to get the ingredients for reunion this evening. Happy New Year to all. Wishing all good health and great wealth for the yr of the oink oink pig!

Dear All Mummies
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Shylyn
Ya, at start she oso pay $1300 as upfront, thereafter is $750 every 3 mths. At first when known of shinchida, I tot every mth is $1300...hehe

Mummies,
Happy Chinese New Year!
Pris Neo,
You made the flashcard and all the homeschooling stuff yourself? So how's the cny mood in vancover like?
Shylyn,
I also thought it $1300 per month initially.

Shylyn
oooh so 1 term 3 mths then $750 for that 3 months is it? i also thought for a moment like may ah $1300 for eveyr month then i said wow like whole pay gone like that hee hee :p

prisc
yeah lor i salute you le. being able to nurture ur child fully in all aspect is marvellous. Education wise as well. For me i am sahm now and i am exploring ways to make good use of it...so hor can really take a leaf form ur book. Your boy is so talented....

RE: Shichida
Etelle, Jenie & May, aiyo..tot i got mention it's $750 for a term? Hee..anyway, if $1300 per mth..i cham oredi..no money to eat also!! hee..my pay low low sia..no increment somemore hehehe...:p

Pris Neo
Hmm..i'm sure u dun hv e belief tt eating crabs will result in a itchy hand child..hee..we hv so i didnt eat any crabs..erhh..only once when i totally forgot & had a small serving of crab..hee..but other than tt, i had fish almost daily! Even up to now, my boy simply loves fish..he can eat one whole slice by himself! :p
I just hope he wont hv seafood allergy like me...i can only eat fish & occasionally prawns & crabs..hee..
As for reading, been flashing cards to him from young, he will b interested for a while & after which, his attention span will decrease. Reading books is ok..provided he's keen in e books..hee..will also make it a habit for him to read when he's older..like me, i hv been brought up to carry a book everywhere & read everytime when i hv e free time. Very unlike my hub who prefer to sleep whenever he's free..hehehehe

May
So u at home today? Me now at my parents' place..later gg to visit my fil..Ivec's sleeping now..so wait till he;s awake. So u went visiting yest?? Collect lotsa ang baos for Austin?

Shylyn
Huh u got mentioned b4 ah, forget le la....

Ya went visiting to my aunite hse yesterday, collect quite a few ang bao...better than last yr, have output no input...hehe

may
yeah lor last year my son not out yet also no input hee but i also not alot of output cuz nearing my delivery date i never go bai nian hee :p this year much better haha

Shylyn / Etelle
Haha, though my output is much more than my input, but all input goes into Austin account, I dun have a single cents in return...hehe...

I haven't brought insurance for Austine yet leh, still considering to buy from who n what to buy...

Happy new year everyone
happy.gif

Been a tiring new weekend, so glad the holidays r over n m back to work... keke... my ger is taking so much of my energy these days, gotta keep chasing her everywhere... miss the days when she was quietly lying on the bed... haha

Etelle
thks for the update...

May
No prob, hope Austin will enjoy using the gift.
Thks for the compliment wor. More importantly, does my ger look more like me bo? Or look more like ger already or not... haha... so tired of correcting strangers tat she is not a boi ;p

Shylyn
TIA... pls let me noe when the July intake registration starts cos i dont read papers de... :p
Was telling Septbride the other day, tat i jumped forum... keke... now usu reading the posts at FP... getting more n more ai mei these days...

Septbride
Not sure abt how effective shicida class is leh, but my SIL's son also attending... he seems very steady leh... so tinking of enrolling her in, considered as investment lor...

Blurblur
Ya i'm sure Austin will sure enjoy his gift...
Haha, she is definately looks like gal gal not boi boi...She really grew very fast hor...Looking at ppls bb like very fast grow up, look at ownself baby like very slow..hehe...

May
haha... i used to tink like u leh...keke... wonder how come she only noe how to slp n drink milk nia... when can start playing with me...
It's only now that i fully appreciate those peaceful days, as compared to the screaming n tantrum throwing session these days :p

May
it's always e case..heheh..for me, not so bad cos the output comes from joint a/c..so the load not too heavy..been spending too much over e festive period liao :p

Blur
Just read today's newspapers that they will b having another free seminar this Sat..or u want to call them to ask?
Aiyo..at least ur gal gal gave u an easy time when she was young, Ivec like never did b4..heheh..been so hyper ever since he can move..heheh..think i'll join u in screaming & yelling once he is older. hahaha..think he kinda follow my niece's screamings lately..very noisy & talkative as well..
btw, what's FP thread u r reading?

blurblur
share with us what FP le..haha let us also go mei mei abit ha ha :p

may
yeah appreciate ur baby in every stage they are cuz when they grow bigger and bigger you would miss the time when they younger
happy.gif

ang pow
my son ang pow all go to his bank and the output is from hubby haha so no lose no win for me :p

Shylyn
okie noted. Thks will give them a call.
True too, mayb I had too easy a life earlier on, thus i find it so tiring now... keke...
Ya, i've seen Ivec screaming n confirmed is follow yr niece de... haha

Etelle
FP - Flowerpod forum... got many diff threads on makeup, accessories, fashion n many more... keke...
I love surfing FP now cos previously I always trial n error on diff makeup n wasted so much unnecessary $... after surfing tis site, i only buy stuff which has great reviews given by podders :p
Another thing i like is the Sales thread where i can find out where n when r the oncoming sales.. hehe...

Blur
No wonder my hub commented tt u look prettier these days...*wolf whistle* heheh..must pull his ear leh..heheh...
yahloh...cham liao lah..bad example indeed..but bopian, no one to take care if i opt not to let my ils look after :p & the niece is die die stick to e grand mother one..so ..:p
I'm sure May hear a lot more scoldings, screaming & yelling esp during these few weeks when she's at home..heheh...

Shylyn
Blur leh... me prettier? Faintz... mayb he saw someone else lar... lol
Jia6, i cant even recall when I last saw yr hb n u... was it at Macdonald's? Or when my ger walked over yr place to play w yr niece? *scratch head*

Blurblur
I raise both my hands n legs up, agree with shylyn's hub, blurblur is getting prettier n prettier these days. Blurblur, when u reach my doorsteps, I almost can't even recognise u, luckily u call me b4 hand, if not when u come, I won't know u r blurblur...hehe...

Shylyn
Me too leh, overspent during this season...

wow blur,
seems like u became prettier wor... haha if i bumped into u at the lift will i still be able to recognise you heehee

May
waah... dont say until i machiam really pretty leh... mayb last time more sloppy lar, now put more effort in appearance nia... keke

Septbride
Pls lor... machiam i undergo plastic surgery... faintz.. of course can recognize lar...

BTW ask u all ah, u ever bring yr children to swimming? My main qns is how u all shower for them ah?
Brought my ger to sentosa few weeks ago, was a nitemare cos she cldn't stand the cold shower n was screaming all the way... any advise?

happy new year
hope u all still remember me :p

May
my boy when he is bb also wants people to carry in arms and pat him to sleep, after 4 mth it is better...after delivery the first time ML v painful one just like ur first time....after 1-2 mths then ok liao

702086.jpg

Aspialla
Yup..rem u..now u r more active in e Oct thread right?? I hv a pal who's v active in e Oct thread as well..so sometimes i do pop by oct thread to view her bb's recent photos..heee...

Blur
so it does pays to put in more effort in dressing leh...hee...neighbours do notice..heheheh
Hmm..we brought Ivec to swimming in early Jan & he loved it..wanted to bring him this weekend but seems like he's down w a bit of cold again :p sheesh..dunno why immunity so weak..just recovered 2 weeks back :p
Anyway, the shower at the swimming complex has warm water..so not too bad but we need to hold on to him & w e water splashing on him, he screamed as well..so dun care loh, quickly dress him after a short shower & bring him home to hv a gd bath loh

Aspialla
O ur boy oso like mine ah...hehe...Wow, still have to tahan for 1-2 mths ah, hehe...back to virgins' feeling like tat ah...hehe...I oso intend to feed him with porridge or any liquid food when he is 4 mths...

shylyn
yah more active in oct thread....duno if u read abt my story abt my MIL...v scary rite....

may
at first i tot it will be loose after delivery but im wrong, it feels tight loh...dun worie after a while its back to norm lah.hw is ur bb?

blurblur
i also do what jenie does le when i rbing my son for swimming. After that i just rinse with water then dry him go home then shower le....

aspialle
i bought the super baby food book and also i browse the website that jenie has listed to prepare food for my kiddo le...
happy.gif

aspialle
BB sick le...having flu, cough n alot of flam...so heart pain...

Re: Swimming
Jenie/blurblur, at how many mths u all started to bring ur bb to swimming?

Chris
Can I have the Infant care contact tat A&D is currently in?

May,
How is little austin? Is he better now? I think it will better to bring baby to swim when he learn how to sit. I first brought fionne to swim when she's around 8mth. My hubby just carry her and play in the wading pool when we went to cruise.

May
is ur bb better?

etelle
yah did went to website to take a look, but a bit blur on proportion of water to put, e.g. making brown rice puree and other puree

Jenie/Aspialle
Austin is not getting any better. Been coughing n sometimes, if flam stuck through his breathing passage way, he cries...He oso din manage to have a good sleep in the midnight due to cough n flu. At least after taken doc's medication, he vomit milk together with flam, I think tat's the way to clear his flam ba...

Hi mummies

Just dropping by to say hi. Will drop by more frequent when I have the time. Very busy as we have visitors as well as lots of gatherings with Singaporeans based here in Vancouver.

Also hardly has time to update my blog since I am sharing with some ladies here in Vancouver how to bake kueh bangkit and other CNY goodies.

Hope everything are fine with all.

Kai started swimming at 3 months, I wanted to bring him after 1 months but due to SARs then paed is against it. He loved it but we only allowed him in the pool for 15minutes and then slowly increase to 30minutes. He will be starting his swimming lessons in Summer.

May...sucks out the phelgm and mucus. And add vicks in hot water and just let him breath in the vapour, it helps to clear the blocked nose.

May,
Hope Austin will recover soon. If he is not better in a few days time, maybe you can consider bringing him to a pd.
Pris Neo,
Wow you have an interesting life in canada. Is there many singaporeans in vancover?

Hi May, sorry to hear that Austin is sick. Hope he recover soon. u oso need to have enough rest and take good care of yourself.

the infant care tel is 67915166, u can call and arrange a visit...
happy.gif
but A&D will be leaving at the end of April.
happy.gif

hi may
did PD says he is not suited for the milk he is drinking? i heard frd says her child got flem and doctor ask them to change FM brand and after that he ok liao, could it be too heaty for him?

Chris
the infant care tel is for which location?

jenie...not many Singaporean here compare to other nationalities but it is quite a big group considered those that have migrated, those that are based here due to work (families) and those that are here to further their studies.

Life is short so we learn to live to the fullness each day since we are living it only once. And since I am already here, I might make my time well spend each day and it is also good for networking since we are away and we might need the help of friends in case of emergency as Singapore is so far from where we are now.

Back