IVF in 2021?

Hi there! Thanks for the response.
No...i hvt tried the home preg kit.
I'm spotting and freaking out a little. Not sure if i'm mentally prepared for the result.
Spotting maybe implantation bleeding I had that during my first pregnancy but not viable :(

Jia you! Just continue with crinone first.
Thank you all for the encouragement
I'm still spotting and cramping slightly though, but not full flow. Yups will continue with crinone as per normal and may check back with KK tmr. It's my 12dp5dt today!

Wishing all mothers and mothers-to-be a very Happy Mother's Day ❤

Last edited:
Guys anyone did egg retrieval and can share the experience? Isit painful, do you know what’s happening or totally no collection of the procedure?

Thank you all for the encouragement
I'm still spotting and cramping slightly though, but not full flow. Yups will continue with crinone as per normal and may check back with KK tmr. It's my 12dp5dt today!

Wishing all mothers and mothers-to-be a very Happy Mother's Day

U can call tomorrow and ask if u can go for early blood test and see if they allow. Baby dust to u!

Hi twinklemini,

I also have something similar like urs. Had so-iui in sep2020 failed.
This is my fresh 1st cycle ivf

I was given:
CD2 to CD5: orgalutran 0.25mg
CD6 to CD13: gonal f 250iu + orglutran 0.25mg
Cd14: luprin shot.
Total 13days injections.
Having bad side effects. Headache, boobs sore, tiredness, abdomen cramps and twinges, burping ( maybe bloated) N I hve to walk with care feels fullness in abdomen. I have pcos, high AMH levels. Many tiny follicles on first scan. Will be doing my embryo retrieval soon. However, I worry for ohss which the doctor advice me to eat more egg whites and drink more water. Keeping my Fingers crossed.
I had a similar procedure. Just that instead of Gonal F I was given Puregon plus Menopur. So the last few days is 3 jabs per day... jab till all blur black and no place to jab. After ER I had some OHSS. Yup reallt bloated and full.
What is AMH level?

Hi all,

I'm on day 4 of my jabs (first day on Gonal F, past 3 days orgalutran) and I'm beginning to feel very lethargic. Is it normal? No other symptoms as of yet..

Guys anyone did egg retrieval and can share the experience? Isit painful, do you know what’s happening or totally no collection of the procedure?
Hi Twinklemini!
Egg retrieval is not painful, i was under sedation and woke up only after the procedure which probably took 15-20mins, if i remember correctly. I rested in the observation ward for an hr or so before hubby brought me home.

For me, the 'pain' was more from the insertion of the IV drip needle which lasted a couple of days, other than that, it was quite a quick & smooth process.

Between Dr Roland and Dr Tan HH, I can tell you that Dr Tan's pricing is more palatable. His pricing is actually similar to the charges at KKH, except you don't get the govt funding.

Dr Tan's first consultation is $150 and subsequent consultation is $100. I've just done my retrieval at his clinic last month and I've spent near $15k so far.

There is still the frozen transfer which is estimated to be around 4k, so total will be around $20k. Of course it will also depend on how much medication you need for stimms and other blood tests that have to be done before you can embarked on the treatment. I had previously done lots of tests in KKH before I switched to Dr Tan, so I don't have to repeat the tests again.

thank you for sharing! i gotten an appt with Dr SF Loh, his first consult is $160 + 25 registration + 15 facility fee (i'm not sure what that means :) )
we'll be going there next week to see what he says, since we've already done all the testing at NUH

Since u don't qualify for govt grant, u can consider going pte which is faster.
I guess in a way will be slightly more ex than govt hosp.

Personally I'm with Roland Chieng. Fresh cycle cost about 15k (depends on your stimulation dosage, if need higher dose may be up to 20k). As he doesn't do fresh transfer, it will naturally be frozen cycle. It cost another 5k (exclude support meds). To freeze the embryos its about $900++++ (very closed to 1k) for a year. If u have alot of embryos, can put like 3 years which is cheaper (think 2.1k for 3 years?)

If you are seeing him for the 1st time, there are blood tests, ultrasound scans, semen test which can amount to few hundred dollars.

Personally I've no fate with SF loh, his q is too long.. I cannot take it. Haha.

Have not been with Tan HH so no comments about him.

I've called to make an appt with Dr Roland Chieng and it's in August!! Guess with Dr Ann Tan away, it's bound to be busier for him.
i've already done all the blood tests, scans, semen tests, even HSG, with NUH. Only now moving forward with a different clinic because NUH IVF clinic undergoing reno. Else i would have just continued with them.
In any case, hopefully that cuts the initial costing.
The customer service officer said the cost is $22k minimum.

I also made appt with Dr SF Loh, it's next week! So i guess i'll be able to go and see if and how he thinks i can proceed (or not).

Just from the looks of the costs of the first consult, it seems Dr Roland is about 30% more

I've called to make an appt with Dr Roland Chieng and it's in August!! Guess with Dr Ann Tan away, it's bound to be busier for him.
i've already done all the blood tests, scans, semen tests, even HSG, with NUH. Only now moving forward with a different clinic because NUH IVF clinic undergoing reno. Else i would have just continued with them.
In any case, hopefully that cuts the initial costing.
The customer service officer said the cost is $22k minimum.

I also made appt with Dr SF Loh, it's next week! So i guess i'll be able to go and see if and how he thinks i can proceed (or not).

Just from the looks of the costs of the first consult, it seems Dr Roland is about 30% more
I see! Oh idk why they say minimum is 22k. I rem when I did my 1st fresh it was about 12-15k. 2nd fresh slightly more ex, maybe closer to 15k.

Yes he is busier now.. but till August, wah that's quite a long wait considering it being pte.

But nonetheless, all the best!

Reactions: JnA
Hi all,

I'm on day 4 of my jabs (first day on Gonal F, past 3 days orgalutran) and I'm beginning to feel very lethargic. Is it normal? No other symptoms as of yet..

Hi thedreamchaser,

I also experience like drowsy and tiredness. Maybe is the injections. Sometimes I feel thirsty. Which most ladies shared to drink plenty water.

I had a similar procedure. Just that instead of Gonal F I was given Puregon plus Menopur. So the last few days is 3 jabs per day... jab till all blur black and no place to jab. After ER I had some OHSS. Yup reallt bloated and full.
What is AMH level?

Amh is anti-mullerian hormone levels. U can Google and read it up.
Ppl with pcos has higher amh level, high ovarian reserves = Meaning more ovary follicles. So after the simulations injections they probably can harvest plenty of eggs. My experience at kkivf is usually before they conduct the transvaginal scan, they will read out ur amh level first then they read out the follicles scanned sizes for recording.

Last edited:
Hi thedreamchaser,

I also experience like drowsy and tiredness. Maybe is the injections. Sometimes I feel thirsty. Which most ladies shared to drink plenty water.

Yeah.. reckon drowsiness is one of the side effects. I started feeling thirsty today . Do you mind sharing which injections you have been given?

Hi

I didnt know what protocol I had, until the nurse at ER told me I was given antagonist protocol which is block ovulation then stimulate eggs.

CD2 to CD5: orgalutran
CD6 to CD13: gonal f + orgulatran
Cd14: orgalutran + luprin shot.
Total 12 or 13days injections.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, do you take any tonic, eg 八珍汤, or do anything to improve the body, after egg retrieval and embryo transfer?

thanks in advance!

Hi All
anyone did IVF in KKH under Dr Jerry Chan? Any review about Dr Jerry Chan?
I initially chose him as my doc but after doing much intensive research, the findings are that he's quiet and not much findings on his success rate, so i decided to change to another doc last min.

Hi Twinklemini!
Egg retrieval is not painful, i was under sedation and woke up only after the procedure which probably took 15-20mins, if i remember correctly. I rested in the observation ward for an hr or so before hubby brought me home.

For me, the 'pain' was more from the insertion of the IV drip needle which lasted a couple of days, other than that, it was quite a quick & smooth process.
Ok thanks for sharing was damn scared and worried that I feel pain in the middle of the egg retrieval cos they say even though sedated we are still “awake” it’s not full anesthesia. Now I’m on day 12 of the cycle for the first scan review and I can say I feel abit cramp at my tummy le.

Amh is anti-mullerian hormone levels. U can Google and read it up.
Ppl with pcos has higher amh level, high ovarian reserves = Meaning more ovary follicles. So after the simulations injections they probably can harvest plenty of eggs. My experience at kkivf is usually before they conduct the transvaginal scan, they will read out ur amh level first then they read out the follicles scanned sizes for recording.
I’m with kkh but they didn’t read out my amh! Hmm also I did my blood test back in 2019 and they say don’t need to repeat again leh cos they say amh level usually don’t change so much within the next 2 years

Hi

I didnt know what protocol I had, until the nurse at ER told me I was given antagonist protocol which is block ovulation then stimulate eggs.

CD2 to CD5: orgalutran
CD6 to CD13: gonal f + orgulatran
Cd14: orgalutran + luprin shot.
Total 12 or 13days injections.
Mine is different, hmm
CD2-6: orgalutran
CD7-11: gonal F
CD12-13: gonal F and orgalutran
CD14: TBC yet.

Hihi,

My jab schedule is very similar to yours. also given gonal F and orgalutran. Do you feel any side effects so far? Is it extreme or slight?
I did feel like slight bloating and cramps at the lower tummy. Abit nauseous when brushing teeth. The injection was abit painful when the solution gets in compared to orgalutran. How about you? Do u face this too?

I did feel like slight bloating and cramps at the lower tummy. Abit nauseous when brushing teeth. The injection was abit painful when the solution gets in compared to orgalutran. How about you? Do u face this too?

Slight bloating at lower tummy for me too.. plus I feel a bit of lethargy and get thirsty easily for me orgalutran injection is painful as need quite a bit of strength to push the plunger.. I find the Gonal F more injection-friendly (easier to plunge)

Mine is different, hmm
CD2-6: orgalutran
CD7-11: gonal F
CD12-13: gonal F and orgalutran
CD14: TBC yet.

Hi twinkle mini,

Oops... sorry Typo error. I realized mine is almost similar to yours.

CD2-CD5 : orgalutran
CD6-CD10: gonal f
CD11-CD13: orgalutran + gonal f
Cd14: orgalutran + lucrin

Although under sedation, I still can feel some part of the procedure like the doc poke my internal. Ouch!! Maybe the anesthesia did not come fast. But after that I woke up in the recovery room. Fine. With some cramps and pain, which will subside in about 3 to 4 days. As for me, the bloatedness increases on next day of ER. Now is day 5 from ER. Pain and bloating all subside.

Slight bloating at lower tummy for me too.. plus I feel a bit of lethargy and get thirsty easily for me orgalutran injection is painful as need quite a bit of strength to push the plunger.. I find the Gonal F more injection-friendly (easier to plunge)

Hi ,

I find that orgalutran needle is thicker, a little hard to push into belly. My tummy turns red and stings after injections. If i didnt aim properly it will cause bruises. Yah agree, gonal f goes in easily. All pains are tolerable.

Hihi! Lol mine I feel the gonal F when u press the solution in its painful.. for orgalutran yea it’s harder to get in but when the liquid gets pushed in it’s not so pain but will have some pain after injection. I was given the same medicine gonal f and orgalutran for another 3 days for the next scan. Can I check how many follicles and size you have?

Hi twinkle mini,

Oops... sorry Typo error. I realized mine is almost similar to yours.

CD2-CD5 : orgalutran
CD6-CD10: gonal f
CD11-CD13: orgalutran + gonal f
Cd14: orgalutran + lucrin

Although under sedation, I still can feel some part of the procedure like the doc poke my internal. Ouch!! Maybe the anesthesia did not come fast. But after that I woke up in the recovery room. Fine. With some cramps and pain, which will subside in about 3 to 4 days. As for me, the bloatedness increases on next day of ER. Now is day 5 from ER. Pain and bloating all subside.
Hihi oh no that’s what I’m afraid of like mid way I suddenly get “awake” cos it’s not anesthesia it’s sedation only. Ded. So when you did the embryo transfer that time by right the pain or bloating will be roughly gone le?

Hihi! Lol mine I feel the gonal F when u press the solution in its painful.. for orgalutran yea it’s harder to get in but when the liquid gets pushed in it’s not so pain but will have some pain after injection. I was given the same medicine gonal f and orgalutran for another 3 days for the next scan. Can I check how many follicles and size you have?

Hmmm.. during my first scan I only know 6 on left, 6 on right but dunno about the size. My second scan is due 17th May. How about you?

Hi ,

I find that orgalutran needle is thicker, a little hard to push into belly. My tummy turns red and stings after injections. If i didnt aim properly it will cause bruises. All pains are tolerable.
Hihi oh no that’s what I’m afraid of like mid way I suddenly get “awake” cos it’s not anesthesia it’s sedation only. Ded. So when you did the embryo transfer that time by right the pain or bloating will be roughly gone le?

I think diff ppl respond to the sedation differently coz some ladies dun feel anything. Dun worry too much.
I will be doing a frozen cycle. Wont be doing embryo transfer this fresh cycle. Today is post ER day5, the bloatedness and bad cramps have significantly subside alot.

DDC3CC5F-04CA-496A-9718-A5F9A1AF4E1F.png

I think diff ppl respond to the sedation differently coz some ladies dun feel anything. Dun worry too much.
I will be doing a frozen cycle. Wont be doing embryo transfer this fresh cycle. Today is post ER day5, the bloatedness and bad cramps have significantly subside alot.
Hihi can decide if you wanna freeze then transfer after ER? I wanted them to put 2 eggs in but then during the briefing they mentioned they can only put 1 egg

Hmmm.. during my first scan I only know 6 on left, 6 on right but dunno about the size. My second scan is due 17th May. How about you?
I have like 5 left and 7 right but the size isn’t that big during first scan ( day 5 of stimulation) so worried cos I know some people they extracted out 20 eggs but the doc say don’t worry she say some only got 1-2 eggs. But we are doing ivf not IUI Ma...

Hi. Anyone has any whatsapp or telegram for IVF group? This is my second IVF and i got BFP. And it is a roller coster.

Hello dream chaser i just did my second scan and they say I am ready for ER on wed so I’m short I only got 8 days of stimulation. The number of follicles I have is not a lot about 6 that are from 16mm above I’m worried but the doc say if I continue stimulation the bigger eggs will be too matured. Cos my left ovaries follicles are kinda slower and not catching up. Did the progesterone blood test today and got to be poke 2 times cos can’t find the vein and painful. Sigh. How about you?

Hello dream chaser i just did my second scan and they say I am ready for ER on wed so I’m short I only got 8 days of stimulation. The number of follicles I have is not a lot about 6 that are from 16mm above I’m worried but the doc say if I continue stimulation the bigger eggs will be too matured. Cos my left ovaries follicles are kinda slower and not catching up. Did the progesterone blood test today and got to be poke 2 times cos can’t find the vein and painful. Sigh. How about you?

Ooh you had scan just now too? Don't know if I saw you.. what color clothes were you in? I need to continue another 3 days more of jabs.. :( I really hated one of my blood tests done previously.i got poked twice too coz couldn't find my vein. But trust me, no poke is more painful than the IV drip injected at the vein at the back of the palm.

Hi all, I'm scheduled for the IVF briefing early June. As this is my first time, I'm pretty nervous & curious abt the process. Can share with me what to expect after the IVF briefing? How long do I wait to start with the egg monitoring, injection, egg retrieval?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I'm scheduled for the IVF briefing early June. As this is my first time, I'm pretty nervous & curious abt the process. Can share with me what to expect after the IVF briefing? How long do I wait to start with the egg monitoring, injection, egg retrieval?

Thanks in advance!

the briefing is just about the procedures, the cost etc. I think u start eating med aft your menses if im not wrong, den comes the injection, den comes the egg retrieval, den comes the egg transfer, den comes the result. It took me 6weeks to complete everything.

Thanks in advance!
All the best !!!
I did my 1st cycle with KKH. After briefing, process started with scan on 3rd of my menses, then injections which I had for 10 days, then trigger shot & egg retrieval, embryo transfer after 5 days & then long wait of 14 days for pregnancy test.

Ooh you had scan just now too? Don't know if I saw you.. what color clothes were you in? I need to continue another 3 days more of jabs.. :( I really hated one of my blood tests done previously.i got poked twice too coz couldn't find my vein. But trust me, no poke is more painful than the IV drip injected at the vein at the back of the palm.
Hey dream chaser
Oh no yea my arm now got bruise from the progesterone blood test I think the nurse in room 1 is not so good, previously another nurse that test the HIV one is better lol. Oh hmm you are on which date of the stimulation? My stimulation only 8 days then they say I’m ready le. Ded. Your egg size is how big? Today this ultrasound scanner at the sperm room there scan super long I think room 5 is much faster. For the IV drip I thought they will only poke right before the start of the procedure? At least for my polyp removal it is right before at the operating theatre . Don’t scare me, I’m still quite scared whether I’ll feel pain during the egg retrieval. Haha

the briefing is just about the procedures, the cost etc. I think u start eating med aft your menses if im not wrong, den comes the injection, den comes the egg retrieval, den comes the egg transfer, den comes the result. It took me 6weeks to complete everything.
Hey guys I didn’t eat medicine before the injection! Once my menses come I just call to schedule appt for the first injection

Hey dream chaser
Oh no yea my arm now got bruise from the progesterone blood test I think the nurse in room 1 is not so good, previously another nurse that test the HIV one is better lol. Oh hmm you are on which date of the stimulation? My stimulation only 8 days then they say I’m ready le. Ded. Your egg size is how big? Today this ultrasound scanner at the sperm room there scan super long I think room 5 is much faster. For the IV drip I thought they will only poke right before the start of the procedure? At least for my polyp removal it is right before at the operating theatre . Don’t scare me, I’m still quite scared whether I’ll feel pain during the egg retrieval. Haha
Oh yea dream chaser I wore grey shirt today! U?

Thanks @Ninie & @claire21! The thought of the entire thing is eating me slowly! Haha. Hope you both have had your little bundle of joy in your arms or if not, all the best too & baby dust to all!

I understand much. This is my second ivf and its a BFP. Learnt from first failed ivf. All you need is to eat healthy, like super healthy! no spicy food, i dont eat salty food, i dont eat any sweet food, i drank just water for the past 1month before FET til now. I want to cry already without coffee and spicy food. I cannot!

I understand much. This is my second ivf and its a BFP. Learnt from first failed ivf. All you need is to eat healthy, like super healthy! no spicy food, i dont eat salty food, i dont eat any sweet food, i drank just water for the past 1month before FET til now. I want to cry already without coffee i cannot!
Hey Ninie, are you on the way for ER too? I ate the antibiotics they gave me (4 pills) and feel so sick on it, had nauseous and diarhea for 3 times and tummy gastric discomfort Liao. I ate some gastric discomfort pills too.

Hey Ninie, are you on the way for ER too? I ate the antibiotics they gave me (4 pills) and feel so sick on it, had nauseous and diarhea for 3 times and tummy gastric discomfort Liao. I ate some gastric discomfort pills too.

Nop. I did frozen embryo transfer last 2 weeks. I did my ER last yr OCT. I ate antibiotics too aft my FET. I had constipation

I also have discomfort. Like the whole stomach in pain. But after visiting to toilet, feel slightly ok.

Back