IVF in 2021?

I understand much. This is my second ivf and its a BFP. Learnt from first failed ivf. All you need is to eat healthy, like super healthy! no spicy food, i dont eat salty food, i dont eat any sweet food, i drank just water for the past 1month before FET til now. I want to cry already without coffee and spicy food. I cannot!

Congrats to you.
Did u take any supplements or special food or anything special to increase ur lining before the transfer? Seems like alot ladies conceived on 2nd try. Mind if I ask. How many eggs did u retrieve and frozen last oct?

I understand much. This is my second ivf and its a BFP. Learnt from first failed ivf. All you need is to eat healthy, like super healthy! no spicy food, i dont eat salty food, i dont eat any sweet food, i drank just water for the past 1month before FET til now. I want to cry already without coffee and spicy food. I cannot!
Oh, and congrats to you!!! Please take care!!

Congrats to you.
Did u take any supplements or special food or anything special to increase ur lining before the transfer? Seems like alot ladies conceived on 2nd try. Mind if I ask. How many eggs did u retrieve and frozen last oct?

no special food no supplements nothing for my first try. Only after ET i try to change my diet. Doc gave me med and crinone to thicken my lining. But sadly it was BFN.I retrieved 15 eggs if im not wrong but only 4 survived. And i freeze 2 cos i did 2 fresh ET. So lesson learnt, 1month before transfer i drank strictly water, no ice, no cold water, no gassy drinks, no coffee, but i still eat junk food till one day before FET lol! After that I did 1egg transfer, eat healthy super healthy, no caffeine, no spicy. Be happy laugh more. And dont think about it.

I've called to make an appt with Dr Roland Chieng and it's in August!! Guess with Dr Ann Tan away, it's bound to be busier for him.
i've already done all the blood tests, scans, semen tests, even HSG, with NUH. Only now moving forward with a different clinic because NUH IVF clinic undergoing reno. Else i would have just continued with them.
In any case, hopefully that cuts the initial costing.
The customer service officer said the cost is $22k minimum.

I also made appt with Dr SF Loh, it's next week! So i guess i'll be able to go and see if and how he thinks i can proceed (or not).

Just from the looks of the costs of the first consult, it seems Dr Roland is about 30% more

I’m with Dr Loh too! now still on Day 2 stimms so I cannot tell you how much the total cost will be but yes the receptionist told me 15-20k . So far my experience has been good :) quite easy to get appointment, and when I go there the queue / wait is okay, bearable, not too long. Also so far my experience and interaction with Dr Loh and the nurses have been good. Let me know how your visit goes! good luck

Hi ladies,

I am going thrgh my first ivf and thought it will be good for me to speak with someone who’s going thrgh ivf too...if anyone is keen let me know.. we can connect.. it’s gd to have a support group during this time.. thanks...
Also going through IVF .. Any WhatsApp group chat I can join?

Hey Sistas,

This is my very first post… currently in 2ww … BT due this Tuesday at KK. Very nervous and emotional…had 1 failed IUI, two chemical pregnancies and one case of blighted ovum over the course of past 2 years. Keeping fingers crossed… baby dust to us :)

Can do home test kit already.. hee
Yeah itching to do so .. lol !! … but was on additional Pregnyl jabs until Wednesday as luteal support. doc mentioned HPTs can give false positives and advised to wait until BT… have some mild cramping and no spotting yet… gosh this TWW is so emotionally and mentally draining

075FB900-F4DC-4DDC-B3BB-0B764ED54A41.jpeg

For those with husb’s swimmers not doing too well, I highly recommend these from iHerb.

We did our 1st SOIUI in March 2021, and it failed. My husb post wash was bare minimum of 1mil.

Then we chanced upon these supplements and thought no harm trying. He consumed less than 2 weeks before we did our 2nd SOIUI in May 2021. His post wash increased significantly of 9mil. Needlesstosay, It was a success alhamdullilah. The nurse called few hours after the compulsory blood test on 24/05/21 and confirmed it was a positive.

i don’t know if this will help but thought we would share our experience.

Looking forward to our first scan next monday.

BT result out today… negative… cried my eyes out… feeling so empty from inside… don’t know how can I cope up with this unbearable pain

Cry it out and move it. Success comes only with continuous trying

Thanks for the motivating words… have just one frozen embryo left… thinking to take a good break before going ahead with the transfer.
Any tips to follow before FET? Am 37 years old and have unidentified infertility. Had 2 chemical pregnancies and one BO in the past, all conceived naturally. This was my first IVF cycle.

Thanks for the motivating words… have just one frozen embryo left… thinking to take a good break before going ahead with the transfer.
Any tips to follow before FET? Am 37 years old and have unidentified infertility. Had 2 chemical pregnancies and one BO in the past, all conceived naturally. This was my first IVF cycle.

Hmm, don't really have any tips cos I also failed alot of cycles. I think some ladies have higher success rate for FET. Maybe ur next embryo will be ur golden embryo

Hey hey, jiayou don’t give up! Can I ask if your frozen one did they say it’s a super good quality one? Mine told me I got 2 blastocyst but not as ideal cos lesser cell so they dunno can freeze not , then today I also don’t have update from them. I think Govt hospital don’t give u this kind of update sadly sigh :( if my this cycle fail means I need to restart fresh again.

Hey hey, jiayou don’t give up! Can I ask if your frozen one did they say it’s a super good quality one? Mine told me I got 2 blastocyst but not as ideal cos lesser cell so they dunno can freeze not , then today I also don’t have update from them. I think Govt hospital don’t give u this kind of update sadly sigh :( if my this cycle fail means I need to restart fresh again.
Hey , thanks for the encouragement!!! yeah gotta pick myself up n keep moving.. do we have any option other than to be strong?
They mentioned both the one used this cycle and the frozen r almost same quality, both D3 grade 4 (5 being the highest) as per KKH.
They said during ET , will be observing the 2nd one before freezing, then next day called to inform it could be frozen and asked to submit the annual fee for storage.
May I chk r u too with KK and yours also first cycle?

Hello ladies. Did anyone recently go through the polyclinic referral route to KKH for IVF? Or directly to KKH for IVF without polyclinic referral? I would like to seek advice about the waiting time for both routes.

Both my tubes are blocked :(

Hey , thanks for the encouragement!!! yeah gotta pick myself up n keep moving.. do we have any option other than to be strong?
They mentioned both the one used this cycle and the frozen r almost same quality, both D3 grade 4 (5 being the highest) as per KKH.
They said during ET , will be observing the 2nd one before freezing, then next day called to inform it could be frozen and asked to submit the annual fee for storage.
May I chk r u too with KK and yours also first cycle?
Yea I’m with KKH also eh so they will call u to ask for consent first ah? Mine no news means won’t freeze le isit :( sigh I don’t even have the second FET chance sia. Mine all go d5 blastocyst le but they say need to see d6/7. Today d6 no news leh :(

Yea I’m with KKH also eh so they will call u to ask for consent first ah? Mine no news means won’t freeze le isit :( sigh I don’t even have the second FET chance sia. Mine all go d5 blastocyst le but they say need to see d6/7. Today d6 no news leh :(
They called to inform the second embryo could be frozen and that I need to pay the storage fee… more like information rather than consent.. wah d6 alrdy?? may b u wanna call the hotline to chk what’s hpng.. All the best…hope you get it this time

They will call you whatever the outcome. I got call from kkh on d8, mine were slow growing blastocysts. None frozen :(

Hello ladies. Did anyone recently go through the polyclinic referral route to KKH for IVF? Or directly to KKH for IVF without polyclinic referral? I would like to seek advice about the waiting time for both routes.

Both my tubes are blocked :(
hi Helloenoki,

I go through poly to get referral to KK. I have blocked tubes too. Den i didnt really like KK. So i went back to poly to ask for second opinion and went to NUH. I felt more welcomed in NUH. I just prefer the doctor in NUH cos they are so detailed. Gynae in KK trf me to CHR (Like KKIVF). I cant remember KKH waiting time. But i think NUH is waiting time is ok.

hi Helloenoki,

I go through poly to get referral to KK. I have blocked tubes too. Den i didnt really like KK. So i went back to poly to ask for second opinion and went to NUH. I felt more welcomed in NUH. I just prefer the doctor in NUH cos they are so detailed. Gynae in KK trf me to CHR (Like KKIVF). I cant remember KKH waiting time. But i think NUH is waiting time is ok.

Hi Ninie, I heard that CHR is closed until end of this year? Could I ask who was your doctor at NUH? Or no fixed doctor?

Hi Ninie, I heard that CHR is closed until end of this year? Could I ask who was your doctor at NUH? Or no fixed doctor?

ya CHR is closed. I read on NUH website its closed until mid-nov. I have no fixed doctor cos im subsidies patient. But ALL doctors are good as ive seen a few. But if you are in a rushed, Maybe KK is ok too and its up to individual and experience.

but if u have a blocked tubes, i think u can go ask for referral letter from poly already. Cos they will refer you u to i think something like woman clinic. If u have to remove your tube (cos i did) and u need to maybe rest before gg for ivf. I rested for 2 months to proceed to IVF. I think by the time CHR already open. Cos u need to see the doctor, make an operation,rest, by the time it’s already mid nov.

but if u have a blocked tubes, i think u can go ask for referral letter from poly already. Cos they will refer you u to i think something like woman clinic. If u have to remove your tube (cos i did) and u need to maybe rest before gg for ivf. I rested for 2 months to proceed to IVF. I think by the time CHR already open. Cos u need to see the doctor, make an operation,rest, by the time it’s already mid nov.
Hi Ninie, yeah will get a polyclinic referral, probably to KKH since NUH closed, not intending to do surgery at the moment, probably will take the doctor’s advice! Hoping to get scheduled for appointment soon!

Hi Ninie, yeah will get a polyclinic referral, probably to KKH since NUH closed, not intending to do surgery at the moment, probably will take the doctor’s advice! Hoping to get scheduled for appointment soon!

Yup2. good Luck and all the best! Hope to hear good news soon.

Thanks so much!

May i ask then if i take the private route, could there be unforeseen hidden charges that can super-inflate the costs?
govt hospitals can at least be assured things won't go mad. but private i'm not sure at all. and since i may need multiple rounds, i just wanted to go in with my eyes open. :)

Would anyone be open to share their experience and costing, if they've been with Dr SF Loh or Dr Roland? Thanks!

I was with Dr SF loh when he was still at KKH. That was 10 years ago. unlike my previous gynae who follow books closely. Dr Loh look thru my records from the other hospital and he was open to suggestion . I had to go thru the routine check before embarking on the IVF cycle in KKH. My both fallopian tubes was blocked. But somehow during one of the x-ray, the radiologist able to unblock one tube. But the chance of natural conceive is almost Zero then. Thus IVF was the only way for me.

I could discuss with Dr Loh about how I want and should go thru my IVF. Instead of long IVF cycle, i went thru IVF short cycle and on higher dosage as well. It yield better result. ☺️

I was having preclampia at 36 weeks and had to go thru emergency delivery. He was there to deliver the babies and assure me. He even visit me everyday when I am in icu. Today I am blessed with a pair of twins. . And 4 years later I actually conceived naturally with a girl.

Conclusion is because Dr loh handle so many cases of infertility. He is very experienced and dedicated . In fact I was at NUH for 2 cycle and then decide to switch to KKH to look for Dr Loh then. Before that I had actually went to 2 gynae , one at private and the other at NUH when I am TTC.

Hi Ladies

I'm seeking advice, because I'm in dilemma.

I've been with SGH - Care, since early 2020. I did two rounds of ivf, but both unsuccessful.

1) I've noticed that the preference seems to be Nuh and KK. Thus, SGH seems less popular. Is there any undesirable concern with SGH ?

2) I still have 2 embryos, now frozen at SGH. I'm hesitating whether to do the Frozen Embryo Transfer. Because if unsuccessful, my hopes will be completely dashed. Yes, I'm currently living in hope and denial. Anyone with success stories with Frozen transfer ?

3) I'm asking for advice on this: will chances of success be higher if I opt to transfer only one Frozen embryo, compared to transfer two embryos ? I've asked doctor more than once but the reply has been uncertain. I'm with Dr Yong, anyone with her as well ?

Hi Ladies

I'm seeking advice, because I'm in dilemma.

I've been with SGH - Care, since early 2020. I did two rounds of ivf, but both unsuccessful.

1) I've noticed that the preference seems to be Nuh and KK. Thus, SGH seems less popular. Is there any undesirable concern with SGH ?

2) I still have 2 embryos, now frozen at SGH. I'm hesitating whether to do the Frozen Embryo Transfer. Because if unsuccessful, my hopes will be completely dashed. Yes, I'm currently living in hope and denial. Anyone with success stories with Frozen transfer ?

3) I'm asking for advice on this: will chances of success be higher if I opt to transfer only one Frozen embryo, compared to transfer two embryos ? I've asked doctor more than once but the reply has been uncertain. I'm with Dr Yong, anyone with her as well ?
Not sure if its of any help, but I was with NUH purely due to me staying in the west. I think cos KKH is SG only women and child hospital hence no doubt the traffic is higher there for women issues compared to NUH or SGH.

I'm sure there's ladies who succeeded in SGH as well.

As for frozen, yes some ladies strike with frozen and not fresh. I'm one of them. Having said that I didn't have enough fresh transfer to compare. But I guess it make sense cos after fresh cycle, ur body is not at the optimal state. Having said that, there are many ladies who succeeded with fresh.

As for 1 or 2 embryos, some believed it doesn't matter, some swear by the fact 2 will increase the chances.. my doc believe it doesn't. For me cos I dont think I can handle twins so I've been just putting 1.

If u haven tried endo scratch, u can consider. Otherwise a frozen transfer might work for u. Never try, never know. Even if used up the 2 embryos, just try again!!

At the end of the day, IVF is a trial and error game. So just press on, success will be yours eventually.

We are TTC 2.5years. Done 3 IUIS at sgh (Dr.Hema) and 2 IUIs with gleneagles (Dr.L C Foong). All IUIs failed. We plan to go for IVF with Dr.Foong. Wife had ovary cyst and removed at sgh and doctor said found endometriosis at pelvic area during surgery and removed. Shall we proceed with IVF? Since we are foreigners we have capacity to try one IVF. Any advise ?

Last edited:
We are TTC 2.5years. Done 3 IUIS at sgh (Dr.Hema) and 2 IUIs with gleneagles (Dr.L C Foong). All IUIs failed. We plan to go for IVF with Dr.Foong. Wife had ovary cyst and removed at sgh and doctor said found endometriosis at pelvic area during surgery and removed. Shall we proceed with IVF? Since we are foreigners we have capacity to try one IVF. Any advise ?
Usually after failed IUI will be IVF next step.. especially when u have failed 5 IUIs.. IUI also not that cheap with lower success rates..
Are u still thinking of doing IUI?

Usually after failed IUI will be IVF next step.. especially when u have failed 5 IUIs.. IUI also not that cheap with lower success rates..
Are u still thinking of doing IUI?
Not really. But our worries, we can’t effort 2 IVFs. Is it possible to conceive with 1st IVF with our medical condition ?

Hi all, those who have been to the counselling session at KKH, may I know how long does the session take? Is it about 2hrs?

Hi ,

ivf counselling @ kkh is roughly about 2hrs or less. If u have questions probably longer. Coz there are afew other couples joining in the class. The Nurses will conduct the briefing and doc will be there to answer yr question.

Hello!

I’m also patient of Dr Foong. I just started my IVF treatment. Today is my 3rd into egg stimulation.

speak to Dr Foong, he’s very open to discuss. If you have enough embryos during the 1st, you may frozen them for next few cycles. I rmb he said the frozen transfer cost around $4.5k.

Hello, new to this forum, we are TTC almost 5 years. Failed couple of IUIs so thinking to try IVF, I have PCOS but not irregular cycles. I’m in a dilemma whether to go with KKH or Thomson. We are foreigners hence no subsidies so cost is almost same both at public and private. Not much idea if both have option of FET as well. Thoughts on which would be a better option to start with! Thank you all for valuable suggestions

Hello, new to this forum, we are TTC almost 5 years. Failed couple of IUIs so thinking to try IVF, I have PCOS but not irregular cycles. I’m in a dilemma whether to go with KKH or Thomson. We are foreigners hence no subsidies so cost is almost same both at public and private. Not much idea if both have option of FET as well. Thoughts on which would be a better option to start with! Thank you all for valuable suggestions
Hi, if no subsidies and cannot use medisave, I would suggest go to a pte one. The pros are definitely faster, the dr u chose will be the one doing everything, from scans to consult to the procedure.I

At kkh scans are done by sonographers even if you're pte class. And the wait can be longer as kkh is a busy hosp just like any other govt hosp.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Hi, if no subsidies and cannot use medisave, I would suggest go to a pte one. The pros are definitely faster, the dr u chose will be the one doing everything, from scans to consult to the procedure.I

At kkh scans are done by sonographers even if you're pte class. And the wait can be longer as kkh is a busy hosp just like any other govt hosp.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Thank you for the suggestion!

I did ivf in Thomson but failed. The service is good but costly. Now doing iui with another gynae, pending for results in 1 wk time. Those with good news, hope you can pass baby dust to us!

Back