TTC Gynae Recommendations (IUI)

cosykat

Hi there! My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years. Was previously at a Mt E gynae but have decided to try going for IUI through one of the hospitals. Was on clomid but had terrible side-effects from it so couldn’t make it through the cycle. Have been diagnosed with PCOS.. suspect I’m not ovulating well/ on-time as well. :/

Have a lot of questions about IUI as well

1. Any recommendations for gynaes at KKH/ NUH? We don’t mind going through non-subsidised rates, would just like great care and a good gynae.
2. What’s the procedure like for IUI? As in, can I just make an appointment and say we wanna try for IUI or do we have to exhaust options first?

could anyone pls share their experiences with me?

Last edited:
Hi
Im 14days post iui with kkh but mine was subsidied one. As the poly referred me to fertility checkup at Kkh

Hi there! My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years. Was previously at a Mt E gynae but have decided to try going for IUI through one of the hospitals. Was on clomid but had terrible side-effects from it so couldn’t make it through the cycle. Have been diagnosed with PCOS.. suspect I’m not ovulating well/ on-time as well. :/

1. Any recommendations for gynaes at KKH/ NUH? We don’t mind going through non-subsidised rates, would just like great care and a good gynae.
2. What’s the procedure like for IUI? As in, can I just make an appointment and say we wanna try for IUI or do we have to exhaust options first?

Hi cosykat! I started off as a sub patient and subsequently changed to private with KKH currently under Dr Sadhana care. Pending for IUI end of the month. I've read several good reviews on her so chose her when i made the switch. She's very thorough with her explanations, reassuring and I feel tt i'm in good hands.

I was put on clomid for 3 cycles and since no success, moving on to IUI. However depending on age and severity of medical condition, u might be advised to proceed with IVF straightaway.

1) if you will want subsidy rate, you will need to get a referral from polyclinic. but currently am not sure of the waiting time for the first appointment.

2) for private, you can straight away call the appointment hotline and request for the doctor you want to see. For NUH, Prof Wong is quite popular too.

3) My two cents thought, if you are able to pay IUI with full cash, rather do it instead of using your grant as it will eat up if you are going for IVF.

Good luck!

Back