IVF in 2021?

enajpay

Hi ladies,

I am going thrgh my first ivf and thought it will be good for me to speak with someone who’s going thrgh ivf too...if anyone is keen let me know.. we can connect.. it’s gd to have a support group during this time.. thanks...
I wish to join any group if there is. Pls let me know too.

thedreamchaser

Hi all, I just did a hysteroscopy to remove polyps yesterday.. It's been known that polyps can recur. Anyone knows what are the preventive measures to take to limit/reduce the chances of these polyps from coming back again?

Hi all, I just did a hysteroscopy to remove polyps yesterday.. It's been known that polyps can recur. Anyone knows what are the preventive measures to take to limit/reduce the chances of these polyps from coming back again?
Hello I had a suspected polyp removal last year feb and in oct when I’m scheduled for IUI it reappeared but doc say less than 1cm nvm. In jan this year I got pregnant and it’s gone but I also miscarriage shortly after so I think it may resolve by it’s own sometimes. Now I’m going for ivf treatment.

risther

I removed one polyp yesterday too. This is the 2nd time I removed polyp already. Probably recur due to the hormone jabs. I ask doctor about prevention and it seems like can’t stop them for growing

thedreamchaser

Hello I had a suspected polyp removal last year feb and in oct when I’m scheduled for IUI it reappeared but doc say less than 1cm nvm. In jan this year I got pregnant and it’s gone but I also miscarriage shortly after so I think it may resolve by it’s own sometimes. Now I’m going for ivf treatment.
Hi twinklemini,

Thanks for the info. Seems like polyps is an hormonal issue :(

thedreamchaser

I removed one polyp yesterday too. This is the 2nd time I removed polyp already. Probably recur due to the hormone jabs. I ask doctor about prevention and it seems like can’t stop them for growing
Second time already?:( the hormone jabs meaning you have started on your ivf cycle? And polyp was detected before egg retrieval?

blackrosesred

Hi all! Deciding which doctor to go with as we start our journey with IVF. Is there a WhatsApp group? If not maybe leave your number and I can help to set one up if I can figure it out

risther

My doc say sometimes can be thickening of uterine not necessary is polyp. And it may go away one if less than 1cm don’t need to remove. There are woman who got pregnant with polyp too.
Yes my doc told me same. Did not have any abnormal bleeding compare to my first one. Mine is 1cm but doc during review scan say the polyp is at a position where embryo might land so is better to remove. Either leave it for now or remove I can choose. Only by hysteroscopy then doc can truly confirm whether is a polyp or not. Scan not 100 percent confirm is polyp or not cos might be lining issue. So I decided to remove since need to do thaw cycle later.

cloudxy

Yes my doc told me same. Did not have any abnormal bleeding compare to my first one. Mine is 1cm but doc during review scan say the polyp is at a position where embryo might land so is better to remove. Either leave it for now or remove I can choose. Only by hysteroscopy then doc can truly confirm whether is a polyp or not. Scan not 100 percent confirm is polyp or not cos might be lining issue. So I decided to remove since need to do thaw cycle later.
Removing the polyp may help as I'm guessing it did for my case. I went through my fresh and FET cycles with a 5mm polyp because my husband and I felt that 5mm shouldn't affect much.

After the failed FET, we decided to just remove the polyp because who knows if I'm that lucky and the embryo decides to always land where it can't stick lol.

It did implant for my next FET but unfortunately it was a blighted ovum. But this incident made me wonder if I should have removed my polyp right from the start. And if any ladies do have a similar issue, I'd recommend removing it too after my own experience. :)