Childless Not By Choice Group

Hi ladies, it's been some time since I logged in...

Dear danad, fully understood situation but no matter what must remember to be happy n it's only positive thoughts in our mind tat we keep us going. Juz to share wif u about the egg donor ivf in Thailand. I personally knew a couple who went thru the egg donor ivf n their son is going to be five years old this dec. As u knw, I had super bad fsh numbers n poor response to ivf drugs, egg donor is one my consideration too but of course no treatment is 100 percent
guaranteeded. For me I was lucky to strike with my own eggs if not egg donor shld be on my card next. My feelings for u is maybe u wanna try ur best wif ur own eggs first then think about donor eggs nxt.

Babyg, ya u r right tat every stage is a different challenge. Guess everyday is a learning process for all of us in regular less of which stage one is in. Well... Tats life I guess....

How are you, Lyn? Busy with baby and work?

Yup, can keep going only by banishing the unhappy thoughts. Trying, trying, trying.....

Good to hear about your friend's donor egg success. I have been trying to find sharing of experience from people who have gone through donor egg but can't find any.

I have already tried 3 fresh ivfs. I am wondering whether I should continue. Age is definitely not on my side. In fact, I feel fatigued just by thinking about going through another medical procedure. I am going for a scope tmr to check my uterus. It is a simple procedure, yet I am imagining the worst, that things will go wrong and I will die from it. Haizzzz. Bad thoughts, shoo shoo....Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts......

Hi dana
Hope your scope went well. Congrats on your new role! Ttc journey is not an easy journey for people like us. We all have to find our own way of dealing with it. Be it acceptance or finding strength to try and fight again.

Since your HB has not warmed up to the idea of adoption, maybe u can do some research online to see if there are other options or new breakthroughs that can help in your tycoon journey. That night give u new spur to try again. In addition, u can also start doing research on the options that your are considering. For example what you need to do for adoption or donor egg or embies. This way you might not feel so lost and hopeless. I know you can't get your mind off having kids. In this way, you don't have to distract yourself and you will have more info on what are your options. And like what babyg says there will not be good days always. Jia you my friend. Hope you find your peace.

Hey Liz!

How's life for you?

Appreciate your suggestions. I am now gathering information of all possible options. Yes, you nailed it. I need to find my peace regardless of the path. The head knows what need & should be done, just that the heart is weak
sad.gif

My scope went ok. It was postponed to the following Monday, instead of Fri, 13 Jul. Now, I have to wait till early Aug 12 to see Dr Tan HH to get the results.

You take care too!

Dear Sisters..

Am encouraged to see the sisterhood and Dana, jiayou..I would write soon..now just too occupied with again, the crazy workplace.

Love,
Babygalore

Hi BabyG,

Don't worry too much about writing. Take good care of yourself. Write only when you have time. Know you are reading and giving support
happy.gif

You jiayou too!

Hi everyone,

I failed two fresh IVF and one ET. My DH has poor sperm quality and one of my tubes is blocked. As my age is catching up... going to be 37 in next month, I am wondering whether I shall quit my job and to concentrate on future roundS of IVF. This also means that I will give up my carreer that I have built for more than 10 years because I suspect stress is one of the reason that cause me failed at the implantation stage for 3 times. I am quite loss now. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi riana,

Stress is definitely a big factor. Instead of quitting, have you thought about moving to a less stressful job, either in your current company or to a new company? I have severe PCOS and failed IUI countless times, but did not go for IVF cos gynae said sure fail if I remained in my stressful job (got to travel overseas frequently). So I moved to a much less stressful job to prepare for IVF. In the end, didn't need to go for IVF cos conceived naturally.

can i join this thread?
i find that everyone is so caring for one another inside here... just to introduce myself... i am also childless for now... as i had a miscarriage 3 months back, after trying for about half a year...
i was from the miscarriage forum, and people there are very caring too.

after my miscarriage, i also obsessed with ttc-ing without realising that i had affected my hb and my own life until i read the first post of this thread and realise how true it is... i have let all these stress getting to me....
in fact, my hb had also scolded me for being too obsessed.

glad to hv found this thread

Hey Danad,

How have you been? Hope you are better and better which day…sorry for not writing for so long as impossible to find time at all, now even bring back work to do on weekends.(its not a new news and things have not improved but I keep myself motivated everyday somehow).

Your hubby is absolutely right in the way he rationalizes..that should the baby come immediately after marriage, maybe the marriage might even have broken up..honestly, its really better to have a happy marriage without kids than a dysfunctional marriage with kids. For the first, you get two happy person in a marriage with some regrets in the kids department but for the latter scenario, there are three unhappy persons.

Hope you will find peace or have already found peace and may you never never give up..if having a child is really what you want, don’t give up and at the same time also live a life for yourself as we only live once k sister. When you described you it would sadden you when you picked up cooking and then started to think about cooking for your child, it will sadden you, it rang a loud bell in me as when I buy cutlery, I have a habit of buying at least four sets and during those ttcing days, it saddened me when I thought that only two sets would come into use. But really sister, you will never ever know..like you said, only a crystal ball would know..but there is one thing you must/ will know, that you can pyscho yourself to be happy. Being happy or not is something still within our control and when to have a child is in the control of someone up there. But someone up there will help us if we help ourselves, don’t give up at the same time k
happy.gif

And remember k sister, don’t let age be a stumbling block. Let your heart decide when is the next course of action. Your analytical side will certainly help and having listed clearly all the possible courses of actions, on days when you feel less overwhelmed, rethink about them and on days when you and your hb can spend couple time, rethink and reach some consensus with him..you two seem like having good teamwork..you can ride this through….

For me, I am in the investment field within finance and if things get really bad, I will start to think of Plan B and now, the emphasis is indeed on health such that I made it a commitment to go for my weekly yoga and get healthy like before..even if it’s a bad day at work and there is no mood to eat, I would still eat well for myself.

We both must jiayou in our respective arena k..keep walking on, this is what I tell myself everyday now, when things are really tough..just still keep walking even if its very slowly..

Lyn and Liz,
Hope you gals are well..despite the different issues we face on and off..jia you in what issue you are dealing with too..
happy.gif

Riana,
Huggzzz and you still got good chance..37 is just a number..and honestly, you still have many years ahead of you to try. Technically, up to the day we menopause..sometimes, its not our physical being that is limiting us, it’s the mental hurdle we set within ourselves that is the hurdle..Like Moon said, stress is definitely a factor..to make that decision, you must ask yourself this question, what is it most important thing in life to you? Having a good career or have kids..different people have different answers to that. My hubby’s friend lives in US and his wife and him made a decision very early in their marriage to enjoy life and not have kids. They keep dogs are both very successful in their careers. Obviously having kids wasn’t important to them. On the contrary, we know may ivf sisters who resigned to focus on ttcing. Hence, spend some time to ask that question that can eventually come from within yourself..you might have to consider and reconsider and most important, know what you can live with/without..You and do it de, just have to remove that mental hurdle k
happy.gif

Jhw..
Of course you may join Jhw, Huggzzz too and very very sorry about baby..and fully understand what you are going through..after my first mc, I become a ttcing machine..no joy, no nothing in life, just wanted to get baby back..

Its our normal way of reacting to such a profound loss….hope you have recovered more or less physically (You got do some basic stuff to nurse yourself back to health? Such as a mini-confinement and going back to gynae to recheck if womb has healed?) and now, take time to recover emotionally which is the toughest…have some ritual to ensure proper closure if you think it might help you k..for instance, release a balloon for your baby..and promise your baby that you would take care of yourself well physical and emotional, that you would work hard to be a happy person such that one day, when the time comes for you to be a mom again, you are ready again and have the energy to nurture your baby for at least 21 years ahead..

Our hubbies tend to react differently after a mc, although they are just as sad, it is different for them because we already started to bond the day we found out about presence of baby..but one day is for sure..the love between you and your hubby would bring another baby into your lives..in the meantime, yes, take one step back to pamper yourself and give yourself some credit for having braved through that ordeal..its not an easy ordeal but you came out in one piece..

Sunny,
*Tight hugzzz from me to you..* how are you my dear sister?
happy.gif
I am ok in personal life but being slave-driven at work, no time at all to think about life sometimes..

But writing to you all also helps to keep my sanity in place
happy.gif

I chanced upon this thread. I salute to all the brave and courageous ladies in this thread. I recently met a nice lady in her 60s, and would like to share her story.

She is childless not by choice. She told us that she used to be in the nursing profession. She spoke of the endless fears, the countless failures that she went through TTC. She spoke of how it TTC became a personal obsession, and how it almost broke her marriage, a few times over.

One day, it dawned on her that she was no longer herself - and how TTC-ing has taken centre stage and she literally eat, sleep, pray TTC. Slowly, she started to change, doing the things that she liked, talking about other things besides TTC... and her relationship with her colleagues and friends, and even hubby, improved significantly. She found happiness in simple pleasures.

She's now working with a few ophanages, homes and programmes, and she told us that while some people are blessed with one or two kids. She has a higher calling - to be responsible for the future of so many disadvantaged children. They even set up a modest trust to continue her work and legacy. I was so touched. She said that she does not regret TTC-ing, but she did regretted having let TTC became her main focus in life, neglecting all other aspects of her life e.g. marriage, hobbies, work, passion, etc.

To all mommies out there, jia you! And if it's not meant to be, may you find solace, comfort and realization that giving birth is only one way of embracing children. You may be destined for higher calling, like changing the lives of million others, in your chosen profession or work - teaching, nursing, volunteer work, fundraising, giving, etc. Another friend of mine is childless not by choice, but he supports his divorced sister and two girls, and he finds happiness and fullfilment in that, too.

All the best!

Babygalore

I felt so touched, reading your replies to me.
I nearly cried on bus…
I am sorry to hear about your Loss too…. I hope you are well now….
I had done a 2 weeks confinement and I visited TCM.
Has Not yet visited a Gynae… because abit scared…
I had done a “chao du” for my bb… I also bought Forget-me-nots to plant in memory of my Baby (though I had not started planting yet)

And yes !! you are right !! the love between me and my hb is the most important thing now…
I should cherish each and every moment… and Not to be obsessed with TTCING..
Now I am so obsessed to the extent that, Watch Movies cannot, Eat Buffet cannot, Go Tour also cannot… I feel that I have been so hard on him… thanks to your Post that I finally wake up.

I hope our babies will come back to be our babies again …. And one day we will be mummies again…
All the very best to you !! and thanks for giving me such Great valuable advice….. Please keep me updated !!!

Morning all... may I join this thread?

Me and DH have been ttc-ing for 2 years to no avail. SA found that DH has low sperm count and low morp-hology. Two IUIs failed. Recent IUI, there was no sperm at all in his semen. This was a blow to us.

We are childless not by choice. Yes, we are still young, but it may happen, or it may not happen to us. Basically:

- We have miserable sex life. Timed bd and DH could not perform
- My obsession with ttc has caused me to cry every month and add stress to DH
- I blamed DH for not being able to give me what I want, despite knowing that he doesnt want things to happen that way either
- I blamed DH for not putting 100% effort in TTCing
- DH became insecure. He is afraid that I might go and find another guy who can give me what I want.

I am sure what I have experienced is much less difficult than the ladies here who have experienced miscarriage. This "want" is really torturing us as a couple. I want to really give up ttcing, to really dislike children. But I realised that, I really love my DH. I am not willing to ruin our relationship.

Recently, I have started thinking of what Im gonna do if I dont have children. Maybe, I could go backpacking around the world? Maybe I could keep a dog? I will probably learn how to bake beautiful cakes... Maybe...

Hi all,

I chanced upon this thread. I had been ttc for more than 4 years now. Done 3 iui but failed. Got preggy naturally last year but miscarriage. So, still childless now.

Cheeka,

I read that you loved your hubby a lot. Should work on to strengthen the relationship. I think the ttc journey is adding strain to both of u. Is your hubby taking medication on for the low sperm count?

Cheeka

Welcome …. I am new here too…
The Torment you are facing is definitely Not Less Difficult than people like me who had miscarriage.
Maybe your idea of going backpacking is good… Get your Hubby to go with you…. Go for a Trip and enjoy yourselves… maybe by having relax Mode in overseas, can give you what you want….
Don’t give up Ttc-ing but Like what other sisters here say, take things easily and don’t be too stressed…. I decided to go for a Trip with my hubby too, end of this month…. Just to relax…
I don’t know if you seen some people in this forum…. Who have babies easily but took things for granted….. I feel that We are fortunate than them… because we are more than ready to have kids and if we really have our rainbow babies one day, we will treasure them…. The Time will come, I always believe its due to fate….

Hello everybody....
Was reading thru this thread when I chance upon Cheeka, u and I hv a lot in common. hopefully my experience can motivate u ladies and esp u cheeka :)

u are not alone.

I'm 25, hub is 30. been ttcing for 3 yrs. SA shows very low sperm count, low motility and low morphology. we did 3 iuis and all were doomed to fail cz Drs ignore his SA results and were persistent tt I was e problem. I had a lap done to prove tt my tubes are clear and I ovulated regularLy aft Clomid.

first gynae at TFC insisted I was e problem and said my hub's SA wld improve with time. like wth. I'm in medical line n I know he too needs help. hub himself acknowledge it. took e gynae advice to go on long holidays so tt we can be relax and just go on baby making spree. so tt yr we went to Japan for a week. came back still not preg so we did 2 iuis consecutively without altering any medications or performing anymore tests. of coz doom to fail. aft 2nd iui done, e very next day newspaper came out abt e ivf baby mix up and e same gynae tt performed e iui on me was on e front page. we dumped TFC and vow to nvr go back.

e following year we went to NUH private clinic. chose for a female gynae for a 'feminine and maternal touch' and boy was I wrong. she saw us for e first time and said ' I can get u pregnant in 3 mths'. I challenged her with hub's SA tt seemed to hv worsen but she only said it's ok vit e will do e trick. initiated for a hcg and lap for me to assure tt I'm ok. all done. even manage to go roster Taiwan for a week to relax n enjoy. we proceed with e 3 rd iui. tt too before she told me 'u need to lose weight. too fat cannot get pregnant.' my bmi was 29 and I was chubby but so much for female sensitivity. aft e procedure she ushered me out of her clinic in 30 mins and I had to argue with her for a mc to rest. she only gave me one day. Haiz. obviously failed coz when I came back to work, I was made to conduct a fire drill thanks to my manager who is a female. I bled tt very day and my lap wounds bursts. Haiz. we dumped NUH.

none of e two clinics called us to check if we were pregnant or for any follow up so I was certain tt these two people are just out to drain our $$$. not a lil bit concern on why e couple dey so confidently think can get pregnant nvr came back. oh well.

I slipped into depression. so did hubby. we stopped making love cz we felt its no point. we fought big times talked abt divorce and all coz all we wanted to be were parents. Haiz. we avoided family events coz I cldnt stand e baby question and wif my chubby size I dun wanna mislead pple. and e pressure from my in laws almost made me suicidal. but I turn to faith. we turn to God to help us thru since no one cld help us.we promise to commit to each other and agreed to take a yr break from ttc. so tt break, we went for our pilgrimage and strengthen our faith to take us thru what's ahead of us.

we procrastinated aft a yr cz my hub n I got closer, more intimate, no baby topic. we were just like we were when we were dating. and to my joy, hub initiated e trip back to e gynae. this time we went strgt to kkhivf coz we know what's gonna help us.

we went subsidize coz we now know tt no point spending so much on something we weren't sure wld work or not. we met Dr Sheila Loh, an angel, who immediately signed us up for ivf icsi as she believe tt wld be e best solution with hub not so promising SA. and....... hub finally has a referral to andrology to finally sort out why his SA is tt bad, when he is healthy, non smoker, and avid marathoner. tt was e best referral ever. andrology! hopefully they can help with hub insecurities. and my hub actually now likes it as e attention is now on him. he is motivated, takes his vits regularly. we dun hv sex often tho, no pressure cz we now do it for love.

our first ivf appt is this 4 Oct. we are excited and all as hub SA results will also be out. and we''ll prolly start e whole procedure in Feb 2013 aft our two weeks holiday to Europe in Jan.

To my ladies here, as long as u communicate to ur partner and you communicate to God, rest assured u 'll be fine.

u r not alone.

p/s: I'm a staff nurse in a govt hosp and hub is a ssg in scdf Dart unit.

Babygalore,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. Really appreciate it. I am feeling much comfortable now esp after visiting doctor today.

My latest news:
I just came back after visiting doctor to run through my special blood test results (initiated and requested by me after i failed my IVF a few times ).

Based on the blood test, I was told that my anti-thyroglobulin and anti-tpo levels were high. As such, the body may release some antibodies to attack my embyros. This may be the reason why I failed three times of IVF/ ET during implantation stage.

I used to have hypertyroidism, inherited from my dad. It was treated 7-8 years ago and since then my hormone level and my thyroid test results are normal. Little did I know that I actually become hypotyriodism now.

To improve my chance of success in next IVF I have to spend easily extra SGD6k for additional treatment for each IVF (to reduce my antibodies before my IVF procedure). Plus i have high position ovary that may need another surgery to adjust it downward (so that the doc can retrieve eggs from both sides). This will cost another SGD7k. All these are excluding the IVF cost.

In addition, I may want to give up my career in my existing company to be less stressful. I will no longer having any income.

Not a single day I am not worrying about my career and to get myself conceive.

Cheekha,

My DH has low sperm count and low morphology. I tried iui once and doctor asked us to go for IVF- ICSI directly. My DH tried a few western medicines prescribed by the doctor (gynae) and herbal medicines from another doctor (specialised in IVF).However, the results did not show improvement. We went to visit Traditional Chinese doctor and after my DH took the chinese medicines, his sperm count improved (although the morphology did not improve much). His confidence kind of boost up a bit after this.

I blamed my husband initially for his poor sperm quality and quantity. However, I have to keep telling myself, what if I am the one who is of problems. True enough, I soon found out that one of my tubes was blocked, later found out that one ovary was too high that the doctor can only retrieve eggs from one side and the eggs at the other side all wasted (after spending $$$ in IVF). Worst still, this morning it is confirmed that my thyroid level is not at optimal level and my immune system is attacking my own embyros. My DH so far did not scold me or blame on me (touch wood, at least up to now). He is the only son in the family...

The road ahead is going to be very challenging for me. Like what babygalore has said, I have to just continue walking... life is like this. I have to accept and keep on going.

riana,

Can i check with you, is it because now you have hypothyroid that why there is the antibodies thingy that affect the implantation?

I had hyperthyroid too, same as you inherited from dad. I had stop medication for more than 4 years now because under controlled. I had been doing blood test every 6 mths to ensure everything is Ok.

Hi Princess,

I used to have hyperthyroidism 7-8 years ago , i.e. I have stopped medicines for 7-8 years. Normaly thyroid and hormone test before every IVF cycle shown normal range. From the blood test results,my anti thyroglobulin and anti tpo ab is very high than the normal level. The doctor said i am now become hyporthyroidism.

doctor said for ppl with hyperthyroidism, it is possible to become hyportypriodism. You may want to check with your doctor first. My blood test cover a lot of things including thyroxine, free, TSH, anti thyroglobulin, anti topo ab,etc. dont worry too much ya.

Hi riana,

What kind of blood test is that? How to tell my doctor? It tested for more than our usual thyroid blood test?

So, you are back on medication now?

Sorry I asked a lot questions.
happy.gif

Hi Princessleopard

Yes, it is more than the usual thyroid blood test (and quite costly, about SGD1k).

The type of test will depend on individual condition, etc. I told doctor of my past medical history and i told her I would like to find out possible reasons for my failed IVF cycles at implantation stage. I also specifically mentioned to her that I want to check whether there is possibility that my antibody attack my embyros (read from articles from internet). The doctor also suspect I may have lupus so she included extra test.

I have done blood test that covers lymphocyte subset , thryroid screen , anti nuclear ab , ant-ena panel , ESR, thrombophilia screen , B2 glycoprotein igG/ IgM, homocysteine, B HCG.

I am back to medication but this time is to increase my thyroid level as even though my thyroxine, free level is in normal range but is at the lower end (as now I am hypothyroidism)

You can send me private message if you need more info. I am more than willing to help you if I can. Hope I am not causing you worry because of this.

Hi riana,

No worries, its good to know more. I also wanted to find out why all the iui I had done failed. TTC for so many years to no valid. I am very cautious about thyroid relapse too. I will PM you. Thanks!

Princessleopard: He is taking the usual vitamins like C, E, B complex and folic acid. Around two months ago, I introduced Tribestan and Exsativa. It seems that the count became worst. Previous IUIs, there were sperm. But the last one, couldn’t find any. I believe it could be the Tribestan and Exsativa.

Jhw: I am usually taking ttc easy. But when af comes every month, then I will be emo. We just came back from a trip recently, cant afford anymore trip this year because no more leave. But I’ll try to take it easy.

Nuraz: Thank you very much for sharing your story! It’s heartening to know that you managed to work things out with DH. Same as you, I think if I keep on thinking about ttc, I can be depressed or even suicidal. I’m trying to take things easy now. In fact, I started volunteering every weekend to teach children. At least, if I cant have my own, I can still care and teach other children.

Riana: Thanks you too for sharing. Yes, it’s good that we have a partner who loves us even if we cannot bear children. And I want to be that partner to my husband. Cherish your husband okay? Though it’s a challenging journey, both of you will come out stronger as a couple.

Cheeka,

My hubby also have quite serious quality and quantity issues. He took tribestan and tcm medicine, for 3 mths. Sperm count increase a lot. Now, his sperm count is 80mil, the first report is 2 mil. He is still taking medicine for quality issue. Sperms take 3 months to fully mature. So, the report you saw is based on 3 months ago condition.

Morning all!
happy.gif

Princessleopard, wow! That's good! I also dont understand why my dh's counts are zero after tribestan and exsativa. So sad...

Hi Cheeka,

Perhaps can try TCM? My hubby took tribestan, acupucture and tcm medicine at the same time back then. 3 months see result.

Hi Princessleopard and Riana: DH dont like to eat tcm... especially those pre-packed type. Cos he said, he doesnt know what they put inside, plus all made in china. He prefers those herbs that we can cook ourselves. But nowadays, where can we find such things? Very sian... I mean, if he doesnt want to eat, I cant force him.

Cheeka

you can try my TCM Dr SU from Bukit Batok
Many couples conceived for years and after visiting her, got their rainbow babies... and her medicine can help hubbies with low sperm count... some visited her and improved their sperm motility...
there are a few examples and reviews which you can read from mummy sg forum... Both me and hb are seeing her now after my miscarriage.

No harm giving her a try for two months... if you don't like, eventually can still stop anytime...
Her med is $22 for a week for Ladies.... and $45-$60 for a month for guys

For guys, medicine are in Pills form.. so very easy to eat...

Hi JHW, I dont think my dh wants to go there loh. Cos he already seen Dr TanKS and he also stopped seeing him now. Sianz...

Cheeka,

There is still traditional medical halls around to buy fresh herbs, but how to do what herbs is good to buy. TCM's medicine all grounded to powder.

Cheeka

Since that is the case, we can't force him too.
Is he open to Supplements?
Is he eating Folic acid? Folic acid is said to improve sperm motility too.
Natural food such as bananas, tomatoes, Walnuts, Asparagus also improve Sperm
Regular exercises also helps

Maybe can work on those things above...

Jhw: Yes, at least he is eating his vitamins. Im also trying to ask him to eat tomatoes, drink honey, and fruits with Vit C. Hopefully, it will improve.

hi all i am new to this thread, was really touched by liz's post (we will be better mothers) and also some of the encouraging posts from babyg. i felt teary after reading, like finally discovering a support group for once. (nobody i know seems to understand why i "can't move on")

i have been TTC for 2 years, but along the way have had a lot of problems such as endometriosis, PCOS, not ovulating, ovarian cysts, went for operations, hormone injection Lucrin, then by some miracle conceived in Dec, but miscarriage in March, since then have been having recurrent yeast infections that prevent us from TTC again because cannot have intercourse due to pain. Also been having 12-day periods with blood clots 2-3 inches in size, bedridden for a one whole week can't go to work. I'm at my wits end because I've seen 6 KK doctors and nobody has any answers and can't cure my infection problem so that I can TTC again.

Does anyone have good and caring gynae to recommend please? I keep leaving each consultation in tears due to frustrations. I'd like a helpful gynae who can answer my questions and get to the root of my problems (and not just keep treating the symptoms and then the problem keeps coming back). Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

By the way I realise this thread is more focus on this IUI and IVF methods which I have not considered due to cost. My hubby earns less than a bus driver so it's not really something we can look into for now. I even had to forget about visiting specialist gynae at KK and instead opt for subsidised route seeing different junior gynae each time due to mounting costs. The operation and abortion already cost more than $10k and to be honest that's about all the savings we had. We are really not well to do, and I feel like I am being punished for my being poor sometimes =( though I know it's not true, but you know lah...

Thanks so much for all the encouragement you have posted that I finally got to read today. It's so nice to know there are people who understand out there. <3

Jhw: Yup. I shd be thinking of a diet plan for him, to alternate between cherry tomatoes, brazil nuts and walnuts.
happy.gif

Krazimitzi: Welcome!
kao_welcome2.gif
All of us here know how you feel and Im sorry for your lost. It must have been difficult. Regarding yeast infection, I used to have it too, though I wasn't very sure whether that was Urinary tract infection caused by yeast or what. It was so itchy and so bad that I had spotting and couldnt sleep at night. What I suggest you to do - which I did - was to drink cranberry juice (NTUC has home brand) and yogurt everyday. Don't forget vitamin C supplement. They really help. THen I slowly got better, the itch subsided, came back only when AF coming (at least not 24 hrs). I think it took me several months before the problem went off totally.

Did you do D&amp;C when miscarriage? Could it be that it was not cleared properly?

I really cant help you on gynae. Actually, gynae also works on trial and error - sometimes Im also upset. If it's convenient, you can also try NUH? May I know how old are you? If you are still young, perhaps you can save up $$ and try IVF cos of higher chance of conceiving.

Krazimitzi,
i actually replied u in miscarriage forum...
happy.gif

you can try dr henry cheng... he helped many couples conceived.... he save the lives of many babies when some other gynae deem as hopeless cases

Hi riana, I too have hyperthyroidism n one blood test before my ivf showed the anti thyrodylin and anti tpo were very very high like thousands in numbers.... Back then it was very very dishearten by that coz I read through the Internet saying that studies had showed women wif those thyroid antibodies will have a hard time conceiving n high chance of mc too. My thyroid dr said that too. But I have managed to conceive n my boy is 8 months now. I wanna tell is dun be bothered about those numbers, blood test r juz numbers and numbers r numbers our body will change according to our stress level n emotional status. Try to relax n think positively n I believed all these factors will be a great contributing factor to our gd health. If we wanna conceive I feel that our mind is very important. With a positive mind, the hormones r better in syn thus higher chance of conceiving.
37 is not old, I got a frd who juz conceived her first child at 40 wif the help of ivf. Have a strong bonding wif ur hb, he is your soul mate n shld walk the path together, experience life as one...

Hi nur, I m also a staff nurse juz that I m in pte sector.

Riana, the treatment u mentioned I think I saw it on the strait times some years ago. If I m not wrong the article said it helped a pregnant women who had few times of mc before? If that's the treatment u referring to I m not sure if it will help wif the thyroid antibodies condition coz it's say the women's body is producing excessive white blood cells n not nk cells. But it could be over the years treatment r different now. To wat I knw the treatment r ex n got side effects, but of course if it increase the chance of pregnancy it's still worth to go thru if dr reccomend it. I hope it brighten ur day after reading abt my post n have strong courage to try again. I know it's a heart breaking journey, sisters here all understand tat but dun give up. If u gv up, u might end up with nothing but if u take things lighter but still keep the faith u may hv something in return but always keep an open mind, explore other options. This is how I psycho myself during those dark n lonely Ttcing days....

Sorry, for not talking to other ladies one by one coz my eyes r dropping down soon while typing this post. Gv me some time n I will address every lady one by one

Hi princess, both hypo n hyper have chances of having thyroid antibodies n drs said it may prevent implantation.. So I guess drs r not always right too

Back