Childless Not By Choice Group

Hi, was surfing ard this forum and though I belong to this group too. I have been ttc for 6 yrs and married for 9 yrs. Tried 2 IUI failed, and 2 fresh IVF. I am now in my 2ww for my 2nd fresh (11dp3dt). Felt some menses cramp and spotting yesterday evening and this morning tested negative.. think its a failed cycle again. Sob.

TTC-ing is indeed a v tiring process..from medical checks to IUI, to IVF, to TCM, accuputure, supplements to eating well, to praying etc etc.. just hoping for us to be blessed with one or more child..

Pregnant comes to some very easily but is soo soo difficult for us.. I am at times apologetic to my hubby as he loves kids too.. I suggested adoption but he seems hesitant as I know he wishes a child of his own.

Initially we thot the issue lies with him so he went for an operation but after my 1st fresh IVF, I realised the issue lies with my egg quality too. 2nd attempt, despite tcm, accuputure, coq10, the egg quality did not improved.. need to go for my 3rd cycle soon as I am not getting any younger but not sure what else can I do to make this happen?

Anyway, sorry for the rant.. I hope everyone here has some gd news to share already, if not hopefully in yr 2015.

I know how tht feels! I just joined the group...as I need to rant somewhere whilst on my 2ww!...I'm right now at 6dp3dt...this is my 2nd FET. 1st one was a negative. Which literally crushed me....Sigh.

I know how tht feels! I just joined the group...as I need to rant somewhere whilst on my 2ww!...I'm right now at 6dp3dt...this is my 2nd FET. 1st one was a negative. Which literally crushed me....Sigh.
Jia you & stay positive! I know how it feels during 2ww. For my last cycle, I left my job partly becos of ivf and partly becos the environment is unhealthy for me. For my next cycle, I'm gonna work during 2ww.. it seems some went to work also bfp.. so I guess, if it sticks then will stick...all the best and dun think too much. Catch up on ur drama and sleep!

Jia you & stay positive! I know how it feels during 2ww. For my last cycle, I left my job partly becos of ivf and partly becos the environment is unhealthy for me. For my next cycle, I'm gonna work during 2ww.. it seems some went to work also bfp.. so I guess, if it sticks then will stick...all the best and dun think too much. Catch up on ur drama and sleep!

My first cycle I stayed at home for 2ww & literally did nothing! It was a big sacrifice for me... Curz I've never let go of work in such a way but I had a good team to support me even though my boss is no where near being nice! However due to the failed cycle I decided I'll go back to work for this 2ww. Yea, like u I also feel if it's meant to stick it will stick! Haha. But quite agonizing

I keep wondering if I'm eating the right thing, sitting the right way, walking the right way, sleeping the right way?! Gahhh... Anyone else facing the same issue? After my ET, I was given a list of Do's & Dont's by the ivf centre. Quite strict....but when I read western forums, they seem to eat everything & drink all sorts.

*going crazy without my coffee/milo/tea fix*

I keep wondering if I'm eating the right thing, sitting the right way, walking the right way, sleeping the right way?! Gahhh... Anyone else facing the same issue? After my ET, I was given a list of Do's & Dont's by the ivf centre. Quite strict....but when I read western forums, they seem to eat everything & drink all sorts.

*going crazy without my coffee/milo/tea fix*
Similar to you, I am also wondering if i'm sitting the right way, walking the right way to the point where hubby felt I was being paranoid. It was worse when we were out for lunch/dinner and we try to avoid the crowd. So he asked if I am gg to behave like for the next 9 mths if I bfp. Often, I hope that I bfp naturally instead of all these ivf thinggy.. the injections, ER and ET are nothing compared to us being sensitive to the way we walk, sit, sleep la..and yup, westerners seem to take everything.

Why can't you take coffee, milo and tea? I do not recall them telling me not to.. I am with sgh.

Similar to you, I am also wondering if i'm sitting the right way, walking the right way to the point where hubby felt I was being paranoid. It was worse when we were out for lunch/dinner and we try to avoid the crowd. So he asked if I am gg to behave like for the next 9 mths if I bfp. Often, I hope that I bfp naturally instead of all these ivf thinggy.. the injections, ER and ET are nothing compared to us being sensitive to the way we walk, sit, sleep la..and yup, westerners seem to take everything.

Why can't you take coffee, milo and tea? I do not recall them telling me not to.. I am with sgh.

BFP or bfn has nothing to do with the way u seat walk or behave. As long as no strenuous activity is fine. Your hb is right don't be too paranoid n give yourself stress. Many ivf ladies even carry their first child, do housework or go back to work n still BFP. Most impt is your egg quality as well as womb condition.

Milo can take. Just eat healthy avoid oily spicy food will do. I can understand your anxiety cos when I did my first cycle I try to bed rest avoiding many things. I have come to know that actually nothing matters most than your egg quality.

Eat healtily, no coffee and tea but milo is ok. Avoid liang food. Make sure you get a seat when you are taking public transport. Sleep early. Go home straight after work. Read your fav books and watch comedy. These are what you need to do. I went back to work during 2ww, i bfp. My friend took the HL and bedrest at home, she was also bfp.
Jumbo girl is right, egg qlty and womb condition are more important.
If you can, wear sock to sleep.

Ok maybe I should go for it. Anyone knows if it is possible to change hospitals for HSG test? I had a v bad experience at KKH and don't wanna return. My doc doesn't recommend HSG too. He went directly to an invasive op which costs around 5k that's why I stopped. How much is HSG? Thank you

You mean your doc suggested an op for you? Why he derived the need?

You do not have to stick to KKH. Can go to other gynaes surely. I can't remember exact. I've done it at KKH and IIRC, 200ish.

If your tubes ain't blocked, I read that Hsg increases the chance of bfp as the dye flushes some "debris" there might be in the tubes; clearing the traffic for the swimmers. Didn't work for me but read stories of that.

You mean your doc suggested an op for you? Why he derived the need?

You do not have to stick to KKH. Can go to other gynaes surely. I can't remember exact. I've done it at KKH and IIRC, 200ish.

If your tubes ain't blocked, I read that Hsg increases the chance of bfp as the dye flushes some "debris" there might be in the tubes; clearing the traffic for the swimmers. Didn't work for me but read stories of that.

I didn't know of the fringe benefit of doing this. Haha. Will fix appt tomorrow!

What is IIRC?

Doc said it is more accurate to do a surgery.

*scratch head* A surgery is when there's a probable issue/problem. What op is it called? I see why you don't wish to go back KKH.

Oops sorry. It means if I remember correctly :p

*scratch head* A surgery is when there's a probable issue/problem. What op is it called? I see why you don't wish to go back KKH.

Oops sorry. It means if I remember correctly :p

Ya anyway thanks to your encouragement. I've already fixed an appointment with another hospital

@dewydrop, where did you do your last 3 cycles?
You can seek 2nd/3rd opinion from other gynae.
Agree, govt hosp like kk tends to follow the std protocol. Complicated cases like us, difficult to succeed in kk.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone is able to help me with a story I’m writing for a local Singapore magazine.

I’m looking to interview a woman in her 30's who was diagnosed with premature menopause. Ideally, the woman is married and was planning to start a family, but a checkup revealed that she had premature menopause. The story would be about how she missed the chance to have biological kids because of her condition. Perhaps she went on to adopt or use donor eggs etc. If you know of a woman who has gone through this, and is willing to share her story, please do let me know.

I understand the sensitive nature of this sort of story, and so I will make up another name, as well as change specific details, so she cannot be identified. She would also be able to read the story and approve it before print. These type of stories really help other women who are going through the same condition, so she would truly be helping others by sharing.

Please do get in touch with me if you or someone you know can help with this. Thanks much!

Hi,

I would like to share more of what I've gone through in case other members are keen to know.
2010 Feb- first fresh cycle, KKH, dr loh, positive beta but mc at 8 weeks
2010 Aug- 2nd thaw cycle, KKH, Dr loh, negative
2011 Feb- 3rd fresh cycle, KKH, Dr loh, positive beta but went down and became a chemical pregnancy
2011 July- 4th fresh cycle,KKH, Dr Sadhana, negative
Took a break and visited Dr Yu (sgh), Prof (Nuh), Dr Loh (raffles hospital) to hear their advice on next steps. Meanwhile continued with Tcm and did acupuncture. Also had done all sorts of tests like Amh, LH, afc, autoimmune tests to rule out abnormality. Last diagnosed with adenomyosis which is suppose to hamper pregnancy.
Oct 2012- 5th fresh cycle with TMC in Johor Bahru, negative. Included embryogen to improve embryos but didn't help much as egg quality was the issue.
Oct 2013- 6th cycle with donor eggs, medicated cycle, 2x 4AA blastocysts, negative
Dec 2013- 7th cycle with donor eggs, natural cycle, 2x blastocysts, singleton pregnancy

Chose a Thai fair skin donor who's 27 years old, she had two successful records. She yielded 12 blastocysts with my hubby sperm, I've used 4, now left 8.
I did not do aCGH ( genetic screening) or gender selection as we believed that it will be fine as long as embryos proceed to blast stage which is very common for all the donors there. My own embryos barely made it to day 3 and they are clearly of low quality.

Spend about sgd12k for procedure and sgd4k for donor egg excluding flight n accommodation. Flew to BKK 2 times before doing transfer. I went to SAFE fertility centre with Dr Wiwat.

Hi dear, can u pm me pls ? I can't seem to send u a msg.. I am looking at the option of egg donor and hope to get more info and advices... Thanks in advance

Dear ladies, do give some feedback on egg donation in Malaysia:

Egg donation in Malaysia costs just S$16,300 (RM50,000) all inclusive with IVF procedure !!!

Many Malaysian IVF-egg donors are young, well-educated

S’poreans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find egg donors

Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed. Ms Christine Gautaman, who runs Heart to ART, a firm in Selangor that matches couples to egg donors, told ST about 20 per cent of her clients are Singaporeans who require an egg donor, a surrogate mother, or both. For example, she has had Singaporean couples where the wives were in their 20s but suffered from premature ovarian failure. In such a case, the ovaries stop functioning normally before the age of 40, and the woman would require donor eggs to conceive. Her other Singaporean clients are often older, some in their 40s. She said Singaporeans prefer to use an anonymous egg donor as they have no ties to the donor and can raise the child as their own.
The cost of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) using an egg donor is about RM50,000 (S$16,300). She said this covers the fees paid to the egg donor, the treatment to retrieve the donor’s eggs and the IVF procedure for the mother-to-be, which is performed in Malaysia.
Ms Gautaman did not say how much the donors are paid. She added that the egg donors at her agency are generally between the ages of 21 and 32, and many are degree holders. Some are even doctors, lawyers and accountants, she said. “These ladies are very well aware of the gift of life they are giving to their recipients and although they do receive some remuneration for their time and effort, they generally are doing this to help others,” said Ms Gautaman.
From January next year, women aged 45 and older will be allowed to undergo IVF here. Doctors cheered the move but they pointed out that many of these older women would need donor eggs to conceive even if they are allowed to undergo IVF here.
Dr Sadhana Nadarajah, senior consultant of the reproductive medicine department at the KK Women’s
and Children’s Hospital, explained that women in their late 40s and 50s will have to use donor eggs to
get pregnant. For women in that age group, if they are not menopausal, most of their eggs may be genetically abnormal by then, and it will be challenging to conceive using their own eggs, she said.
However, there are some women in their 20s who suffer from premature menopause and will also need
donor eggs to conceive. Doctors say egg donors in Singapore are uncommon due to the tedious procedures involved, the fact that they cannot be paid and that people are just uncomfortable with the idea as the child would be biologically related
to them.
None of the five women The Straits Times approached who used egg donors was willing to be interviewed.

Back