(2011/10) Oct 2011

kwxy.. upset to hear about it.. take good care !!! we should all take good care of ourselves too... life is too fragile le....

babymummy,

fish oil is fine for me... i've been taking it for many years liao. so just taste good for me. haha Yeah many sales, and I dunno what to buy also... first time preggie. I went to taka baby fair.. what should I look for? any suggestions? there's too many stuffs there...

genesis28,

so good leh got appetite to eat... my gynae said I lose weight and ask me to eat more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

genesis28, u are so lucky with a good appetite!

minidiary, I am in the same situation as you. Cannot eat much cos I have nausea all the time. Also lost weight.

Btw, the Fibrenet Optic installation is on sat at my house on sat too! I too will go hide hide cos dun want to be around when they are knocking etc. Maybe I might see you? Hahhahaha

Pray n love, I also dunno y leh... Keep on feelin hungry.... Actually sometimes forgot tat I'm Preggy as I dun have the symptoms...

minidiary,

too early to buy things right now. wait till later bah. you can just go and see see look look. i remember i started buying things in my 2nd trimester only. anyway taka fair's deals are not that fantastic. i find the expo ones better, plus more products.

genesis28... i also keep feeling hungry and no nausea etc... my hubby alwaz say i look so normal except with a little bb growing in me... haha... but these few days dun feel hungry le cos abit stressed by work... sianz...

HS, we same same! I also feel stress at work as I'm in the sales line always being chase for numbers. Sometimes work until so sianzz...n tired especially when #1 give me problem at nite. Feel like throw letter! But I tell myself to ren until end of 9 mths n have the 4 mths maternity pay leave!!

genesis28,

i keep on hungry when i was week 4-7weeks... non stop. got appetite better eat lo. now i need to gain back my 1st appt weight.. haha

happyenough,

mine is next sat... im still thinking to hide in hotel also.. stay a night in hotel. Actually what I heard is like preggie woman in the house, cannot drill, knock or move furniture at all.. how how how? im still dilemma...

starry,

expo one on 18 and 20 march... still consider early also right?

minidiary, I thought it was this sat. I think I will just leave the house, go shopping/library and come back when everything is over.

I thought as long as we are not there while they are doing the work, right?

minidiary,

there will be another big expo one later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babymummy:

so nice u can slp at nite.. Will u feel v hungry n stomach v uncomfortable but jus dunno wad to eat? E MS is realli tiring me out lorz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

starry,

if im not wrong will be in 20++ april.. im not around leh, in HK that time. anymore after april? i don wanna miss out sales...

happyenough,

i also dunno is okay or not okay, no one to ask because i still keep my secret with my hubby only. both of us not so sure leh... there's one mummy here cancelled the installation leh...

KWXY> sorry to hear that. Take care and try when you are ready.

seems like the radiation situation is getting abit out of control in Japan at this juncture, I should be holding my plans to visit taiwan trip at the moment. Don't want to risk my beanie's health for a week of happiness there.

I've been a silent reader all along as dun kw what to post after last week gynae said my bb's heartbeat is gone. Anyway, going to seek 2nd opinion tmr and hoping for miracle.

KWXY,

I'm same case as you, 2 weeks back saw bb's strong heartbeat then suddenly gynae can't find any. See this link http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ there are few misdiagnosed cases so you might want to wait for another week if there's any bleeding if not you may want to seek 2nd opinion. Sometimes, thru God's mercy, you will be told that baby's heartbeat is hiding and going strong now.

I haven't got any bleeding, strong cramps yet and strong pregnancy symptoms still linger with me. I am hoping for miracle tomorrow[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

However, I've also got over it. If God meant this baby not for me, this will be his best plan. I believe very soon, we can have our dragon baby. Don't be too sad and take good care during your mini confinement. God bless you.

Minidiary

hehe yes so many sales now! But there will be another few rounds so no worries. I also started only when I was 5M preggy when I know bb's gender!

Things to buy will mostly be the most basic gadgets: breast pump, strollers, car seat, bottle steriliser, bottles, nursing bra, nursing pad, etc. But all these you will be able to get a good price anytime of the year! Usu we go baby hypermart/baby kingdom (those warehouse kind) to see. They have a showroom with all the strollers and car seats. All at the best prices. And these prices are also the same as what we get during those expo sales. The best expo sale I have been to is the one organised by parenthood magazine if I recall correctly. They usu have diapers from reputed brands like pampers on discount! I think the babycare festival this weekend is by mother & baby... need to check out the vendor list to see if its worth to take a look OR usually I wait for other mummies from other threads etc to post and comment about the fair lah.. haha...

Right now.. I think we juz nd to get more milk powder for mummies, stretch mark cream/gel/oil and new underwears! Yes! It's the first garment that I "outgrew" usu... For bras, if it gets tight, you can extend it using the bra extension. Not a good time to buy nursing bra coz you wouldn't know how much bigger you will get once the milk comes in after you deliver! So buy closer to delivery. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For the bb essentials such as diaper rash cream/moisturiser etc I usu order online from US! So much cheaper than SG. Bulk purchase is a good place to start too. Hehe slowly ya... my gynae last time gave me a bb shopping list during my 2nd trimester! Will scan and upload once I get a new one from her k! (I gave away my old one!!)

So now can do window shopping and keep the prices in mind for comparison!

KWXY

Just read ur post. *hug hug* Do a miniconfinement, take care n be strong, ya. Drink red dates drink - boil water with some red dates+ longan, it helps warm ur womb. Jiayou

re: breastpumps

best is to buy from this forum's bp thread. really a lot cheaper than purchasing local sets from retailers. like the medela freestyle, i bought USA set via the bp and cost me only $475. if i were to buy from local retailers, it'd have cost me $800-$900++. totally not worth!

Starry, the freestyle good? For my #1 I bought swing dual pump which I find it very noisy and always has the problem tat the milk will flow into the tubings n I have brought for servicing think 3 to 4 TimEs when i bf my #1 14 mths

Angie maybe try a cup of milo or a hot drink? Hunger is usually the cause if I am awake at night too!

HS, genesis, same here loh. Fellow mummies all sian and stressed at work. Me oso loh. Nvm... its just another 7M before delivery and ML!! Let's encourage and motivate each other!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry and genesis! You two are having your #2 too? Wah.. I am tempted to go MtA for the hospital tour leh! But I stay nearer to TMC.. so its more convenient! So shd be in the same hospital as genesis!

Btw, are you all happy with your gynae? I like my gynae alot but her stitches hurt like mad even after 1M from my #1! Anyone with gynae recommendation from TMC?

genesis,

freestyle is good! very light and portable. i don't find it very noisy, unless you are pumping in the middle of the night then may be quite noisy 'cos too quiet in the room or what. i had no problems with milk flowing into tubings leh.

baby mummy,

was your cut very deep and long? maybe that's why it was so painful?? after 1 month and still hurting doesn't sound good. most of my friends who had episiotomy said theirs took ard 2 weeks to fully heal. some very fast, 1 week only and no pain le.

Starry, my episiotomy was totally painless. No pain killers needed & the stitches healed within a week.

My friends say it's the gynae's stitching skills cos those who went to my gynae also did not experience any pain in the stitches.

starry u got from agape babies BP? If alot of mummies are buying together, you should be able to get a better price if you do the order direct. Coz she still add some fees to earn abit mah.. I ordered direct from the supplier in USA. www.addalittlelove.com import via VPOST.

Genesis, freestyle definitely betta and more power. I uses FS too. But it causes alot of block ducts for me lah.. but nothing beats the weight and portability. So I still perserve with my FS!

The cheapest place to get medela breastpump in SG that comes with warranty is First Few Years - paragon and KKH. PISA (pump in style advance) is the most trusted one but bulky n heavy ($599) FS is going at about $799 at FFY. And yes FS do retail at 800-900 else where like shopping centres, moms and babes etc. But during sales, they throw in free gifts like bottles etc.

Amici

Sorry to hear abt ur situation.

The time btw when u saw the heartbeat n last week, is it 3 weeks? It is a scheduled appointment n not becos u had any symptoms? What do u mean by ur strong preg symptoms still linger? U hv MS?

I agree that u shld seek a 2nd opinion. And I just want to say how right u r when u said God will only give us the best! Take care, pray n give thanks whatever outcome it may be!

Just want to share that i had a miscarriage b4 i had my 1st child. During that painful period, i continued to give thanks, knowing that He is good. Within 6 mths, i was preg wif my 1st child!

Jiayou n God bless!

KWXY, sorry to hear about the scan today. Please stay strong and pray hard. Wait for things to move along naturally. Like what I shared with Amici previously, there have been cases in SG (mummies I know from another forum) that they went on to detect heartbeat later on. So Dr Ben's suggestion to let it go naturally is good. You just focus on resting now. Take your mind off things.

Will be praying hard for you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starry, I dunno if its my gynae skill that is causing the problem. She uses the thread that will "disappear" by itself. But after my 1st check up 3 days later, she said I was sensitive to the thread and manually remove the thread.

And yes, my cut was super long n deep. All the way to the anus!! Sigh.. maybe its my fault too for not being able to push the bb out. She cuts so she can insert the forceps to pull bb out. I am thankful that she still gives me a chance to do natural and not advise to go emergency C-sect though.

My frd also had the same gynae and suffers from juz a small tear. No problem with her stitch though...

Ya baby mummy episitomy should take quite fast to heal for me I think I've good pain tolerance bah I've natural birth with no epidural. My wounds heal quite fast less than a week.I was walking around n bathe 2nd day of birth liao... Doesn't hurt much juz abit aching... I will b using the same gynae for #2, he's dr TC Chang.

Starry, can u share the contact tat u bought from Bp. I'm thinking of getting another pump. Thinkin dunno want get those 2nd hand ones from mummies in forum. But get us set if got problem still can bring it to the service centre in Singapore?

1d1r,

you are the first i heard from that episiotomy is painless! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymummy,

no wonder.. so deep and long sure take longer to heal. anyway the pain was worth is yeah? hope this time round won't be so jia lat. or even better, NO TEAR! i read online that you can do some simple exercises to make the vagina's outer muscles more elastic so as to minimize tearing.

genesis,

i bought from megababystore (gotta search for it). she sells on BP also, and i bought from her because she had ready stock and most mummies in my previous birth thread already bought their pumps. so doesn't make sense for me to order direct to save $10-$20 yet gotta wait 7-10 days for it to come. now USD drop a lot so if wanna buy pump can buy now. i even saw freestyle going for just $450! super good deal. won't go wrong buying freestyle. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

3 weeks ago, I saw the heartbeat and last week was told heartbeat gone. So I waited till tomorrow which is exactly 1 week after I lost the heartbeat to see gynae. I am still having MS like sore breast, nausea and giddy. No bleeding yet.

You went thru D&C or natural bleeding? I am praying to God for miracle but if really lost the baby, his plan is the best. I heard that during 1st 3 months miscarriage is due to fetal abnormalities so I guess God wants the best for me[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Whatever it is, I leave to God. Thanks for the encouraging words[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

amici,

you are really strong. praying for a miracle for you too! let us know how it goes tomorrow? we are all rooting for you and your little one.

baby_mummy (baby_mummy), my first baby was delivered by dr khi too, i didnt feel any pain at all and can walk around the next day.. a few of my frens all delivered by her all dont feel pain... Mine was natural tear though, she didnt cut for me..

amici (amici_grapes), wishing u n ur baby all the best!

amici, it is nice hearing from you. just prayed for you and hoping that your bb will be fine! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

genesis

RE:Breastpump

I got mine for about USD285.

Shipping was about SGD90.

As recommended by starry, if u can get it for S$450, I think its a good deal!! Less hassle and ready stocks!

RE:Gynae

u power leh! No epi still! Is the waiting time for TC Chang long?

1d1r, is it Dr woo fr tiong bahru/punggol? My frd also had a really good experience with him. But its too far for me...

Starry, last time blur blur mummy bah... don't dare to stretch the muscles there! Plus asians aren't so stretchable too. Hehe ya looking at my child now really worth it lah. But I really hope it will be better this time round!

amici

I also read in the forum some went to see TMC and DIY their own chicken essences. And after that the heart beat really came back. So I also believe in miracles and 2nd opinion! All the best!!

hi mummies...your kind words and prayers mean so much to me...i will move on and be strong...though hubby and i are very sad but i guessed all fated.

hubby did asked Dr Benjamin Tham if heartbeat is back...does it mean we have chance?? Dr Tham said very likely the bb not healthy and not normal...so its all God's will...we cant force it.

I started to recall how thrilled i am when i first tested on my clearblue HPT and finally announced in TTC thread i've got BFP!! I treasured this chance dearly but we are just not fated to be together.

Seeing the heartbeat going strong last week and staring at the scan today, seeing it lifeless...its painful.

Im having painful cramps now and the bleeding is getting heavier...i think this is it.

I just pray to God that He will grant me another healthy and sticky BB...hope all mummies will have a smooth pregnancy and take good care of your bb and yourself...

Love you!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BabyMummy, yupz! Dr Woo is at Punggol & Tiong Bahru. I see him at his Punggol clinic cos I stay in Punggol. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But I like going to his Tiong Bahru clinic cos can go eat steamboat at Tiong Bahru Plaza.... hahahah!

Kwxy, glad that you are strong!!!

Rest well and don't think too much for now.

Take good care of your body and & try again if this pregnancy is not fated to be yours.

Also, I hv an e-book that has some description on herbs to build up the womb. If you are keen, PM me. I send it to you. <3 *hugz*

Baby mummy, i find waiting time for Dr TC Chang still ok not very the long.

Starry/baby mummy, if the us set got problem then can still send to the service centre in Singapore?

KWXY> its disheartening to see many couple who wants children but have so much difficulties and yet there are heartless people out there abandoning their flesh and blood. take care and rest well, i believe your little sticky angel will come soon again.

kwxy,

jia you for next baby! have faith that you will have a sticky baby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back