(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Prettylittlethings, firefly, thx for the info! Maybe I can gif it a try. Anyone has the sachets to let go? Do pm me ok.. Thx! =)

hi jamie, are you asking for nan pro 3 sachets? you can email this address for ask for it...
[email protected]

they sent me 3 packs of sachets. (1 feed per sachet)
but i had finished them liao. sorry!!

my gal is taking nan 1 to nan 3 since birth.

Lily, must be very tired carrying her and 'dig' out the .....! I'm not sure if baby can take prune juice but give her a lot of warm water and alternate day papaya. If Rachel still has constipation then you may consider changing the FM.

bean, oic..haha so u cant get non-walker shoes for claire le

lily, i blend pear and banana together for jaeden if he gets constipation..then aft that he will bomb big time ! and fall into deep sleep aft his big business..hahaha

Porky: yah lor! So sad... the soft sole shoes are so pretty!
happy.gif

Ling: hahaha okie shake hands! hahhaa

Also any mommies can advice whether do u still nurse yr bb to sleep.

cos i'm and when my #2 wakes up (can be a few times a night - not sleeping thru yet), no matter wat needs to nurse to sleep if not will cry e house down.. y like dat? sorry no experience cos my #1 only bf for 2mths n been sleeping thru e night b4 3mths..

jamie,

to me, the powder did not smell/taste metallic leh!

actually i did try nan 1 and my own breast milk during my confinement period. not much difference. that's why i continue nan.

as for nan 2 and 3 did not try liao... hahaha

Jen,

Wow! So nice of you. But then very difficult to pass to me leh. I'm staying in KL now. But I will be back in SG sometime. Which area are you staying? Maybe I can get it from you when I'm in SG.

Jen,
I'm still nursing my girl to sleep. She also doesn't slp thru.. Wakes up about 2-3 times still n will cry her lungs out unless I latch her. I think maybe my supply is not enough to last her through the night tats why she wakes up cos she's hungry. But 2-3 times?!? My husband thinks she had a nightmare so needs to be soothed to slp. Nightmare for so many months??
I hope she'll sleep thru soon.. But I'm still latching her exclusively.

Hi Jen,

I also latch my gal to sleep everyday, bad habit liao..dunno how to wean also...In fact, if i m around, i will be the one latching her to sleep. When i m not ard, she just need to be patted or rocked for a while in the rocker n she will doze off.

Hi Audrey,
Dun think its an issue of supply that causes Andrea to wake up. Think they just want comfort latching. Mine loves to latch for comfort nowadays, wakes up at least 2 times to latch.n better still, she will position her head at my boobs to tell me that she wants to latch on in the cradle position!! Most of the time, i rather latch her in the lying down position..

Re: Toddler vs Baby
Our babies have really grown!! They are now roaming ard n dun need us to carry them anymore..Really miss those days where they just sleep n drink..Hahaha..

Re: Baby Weight for BF babies
My 10.5 mth gal is 8.6kg and she is exclusively bf since nb..No worries abt weight so long as they r healthy. My #1 who is 30 months old is only 12kg!!!

BTW - just to share with all mummies. My gal has been coughing and have lotsa phlegm right after she recovered from her high fever. Went to PD and PD also gave Rhin..(??) and Ventolin and something for blocked nose (liquid one) cos my gal refuse the nose drop and something for the night cough. She was on the medication for 5 full days and didn't recover - infact more phlegm and mucus (which my hubby kept thinking shes on the road to recover). Note: When I say 5 full days, I really mean 3x a day for each med (except the night cough which is 1x at night).

So I decided to go to another doc whom I've been there before and I really like him. He is really good with treating cough and phlegm (or at least thats what I feel).

Anyway cut the long story short. This Dr Ngiam Thye Eng was previously with SBCC but now with ICAC (International Child and Adolescent Clinic. Addy: Annex Block #02-43 in Gleneagles Medical Centre, Tel: 64711048.

He gave 3 med and the instructions was give when necessary cos he believes that our little ones are capable of fighting virus. 1 is a powdered form which is to reduce phlegm (1x a day). 1 is the cough mixture (2x a day) and 1 for runnnig nose (only for night).

He said that although it seems that my gal has alot of phlegm (can hear the phlegmy sound when she breathe or even when carrying her), it wasn't very bad.

So I only give the powder one for 4 nights. The cough med, I only give at night (didn't give in the day) and then the flu med for 3 nights. I realised that her phlegm has indeed reduced alot on day 2 and esp day 3. However I kiasu so I give 1 more day of the powder med on day 4 but none of the liquid one. Today is day 5 and I didn't give any - hopefully she can sleep through and subsequently I dun have to give her anymore med.

So for bbs who are having persistent cough, you may want to try him out.

He is really popular so very hard to get appt so I suggest do a walk-in and the waiting time is usually about 2 hrs if lucky.

HI Bean

is ok, if you dun mind cos i bought too 'big' during my #1. she started walking when 9.5mths so by e time she hits 1 years old, she actually walks so well then we switch her to proper shoes so din get to wear it at all.
e shoes is for 12 to 18mths old, size L.

i stayed in woodlands, if u ok, i can PM u my mobile, so anytime u in Singapore can contact me.

audrey & poohwei - same same, wakes up 2 or 3 times.. once awake, die die must latch if not won't sleep at all.

at 8.30pm, after reading.. will ask him "want milk milk but lie on e pillow, he will turn n lie on e pillow, once he sees e nipple, will be smiling so happy till i scare!!

only recently he started to 'accept' the bottle, if i'm not 'around' he will take FM but if i'm around must be latch..

jen, i bottle feed my girl for her last nite with ebm. she wakes 1-2 times a nite, sometimes not for milk but she keeps tossing and turning and cant gt back to slp. so i jus latch her, n she dozes off.

twinklesP: ok! i requested for sachets liao! will test it out!

i'm thinking to stop at 1 yr old which is next mth but i'm not sure how to wean his off and i'm "told" at his 'age' he should be sleeping thru so how do i do dat?

when i outstation in feb n march, he actually sleep thru (dat time he was on FM) so when i'm back i tot he dun want BM liao but i was wrong but with BM he seems to wake up during the night so i wondered is it my BM not enough to sustain till morning..

nan - heaty meh? my #1 is on Nan dun find it leh, if too heaty can try NAN HA but ve to warn u all if take NAN HA, their poo is super smelly, my #1 took it for a few mths, we all dread poo cleaning time :S

i'm also still bfg. my gal also wakes up 2-3 times a nite, jus for comfort latch ;p
my gal was abt 8.6kg for like almost 2 mths, then beginning of this mth suddenly shoot to 8.9kg. now her bm intake drop again. haiz...

poohwei, jen, juju, i wonder why they wana comfort latch.. yeah im also wondering when she'll finally sleep thru.. haha!

audrey,
for the sake of comfort dat pacifier can't give?
jodie slept thru a few nites a couple months back, then she went back to waking up 2-3 times a nite liao. haiz...

Ju, hailey slp thru for only 1.5mths then nv again. =( I'm also used to waking up at nite alr. So ok lor, chin chai la. Haha!

Audrey: they like our smell. Latch means we're near them and they can smell us. I tink la. Haha! N they tend to slp better rite?

Jen: hmm, like that makes me abit scared to try Nan. Y will the poo become so smelly huhhh... Oh by the way, maybe u try gif ur boy fm even tho nw ur back? See if he still wake?

jen, audrey, ju, poohwei, me too.. stil latching exclusively... mus latch n slp, if i work late, then she wil cry like hell.. cos she wana slp, but mus latch on...since i nt back yet, my parents n hb wil have a hard time pacifying her. so far, no one can make her slp except me (e human pacifier) she dun even wan pacifier when she is at 5mths. :-(

so wil also wake up 2-3 times to latch too.. wonder hw i can switch to fm.. cos my supply nt much lioa.. once pump, only hav ab 130ml nia.. but my gal stil drinks abt 130ml til nw...

btw, she is coming 11mths at 10kg..

Hi Audrey and Glenlyn,
Mine will still sleep if she does not see me..Tats why i say mine is really comfort sucking. My comfort sucking extends to when she cries when she sees unfamiliar MAN, when she falls down or when i scold her. I just need to latch her n she will stop crying. I guess they latch on for security reasons. They feel very secure when we place them at our boobs we latch them. Hence, whenever they wanna feel secure, they come to us?

jamie, my boy was on Nan 1 HA since birth till 6mths...his poo poo ok leh..not so smelly lah...is only when he started on porridge..his poo poo is more smelly !

btw i agree that they like our smell loh (altho i dont latch my boy anymore) i will gv him pacifier when slp then i will walk out of the room to do chores or watch tv..but i realise that he will toss and turn several times in bed with eyes closed...so when i finally slp beside him, he will stop moving abt and slp more soundly..btw my boy used to wake up 2-3times a night, now he can slp till 6.30am hope he can stay this way !

porky,
hi5! jodie also can't slp well when i step away, even when she's deeply asleep. she will keep stirring & turning, until i come back to her ;p

twinkle, esp pork..the smell is super !!!

juju, ya loh..so confirm is they feel more secure with us around..even pacifier also not secure leh

Thanks to you mummies for your replies!

Yup I guess it's due to genetics. Breastfed babies will not be obese. Some younger babies are even bigger than her.

Ya their growth rate has slowed down.

I only put formula milk into Arielle's breakfast cereal. Now using Nan Pro 3. Otherwise she is on total bf. She wakes up 2-3 times at night. But when something is disturbing her she can wake up several more times. Thank goodness it's not often.

Similac is most similar to breastmilk. Think I may change back to Similac after I use this tin of Nestle Nan Pro3.

Porky: The doctor told me otherwise and not to put her in air con. But it's impossible cos I stay in a private terrace and got lots of vehicles passing and very warm. Anyway colds usually resolves around 10days later.

Arielle is about 72.5cm on the last check. Didn't check the sole length. I haven't let her wear shoes. See no point la, cos she doesn't walk and don't want to hinder the growth. She doesn't even want to crawl. Just shift on her butt and on the bed she will launch herself here and there.

She simply doesn't want to stand. She will lift her legs up.

Re: Constipation
I will give Arielle papaya,banana and put olive oil into the ass with a cotton bud.

jamie. i have 2 more sachet of nan 3 ...they gave 3..then i realise one day i ran out of milk powder..so i open one sachet lor (such a lazy mummy)..but the expiry on is like may or june 2010.

so if u want pm ur address, i send to u by post. if not i prob let my boy drink it off in between his similac...coz its still milk powder..dont wanna waste

bean

tall girls have long legs ok...78cm is super tall ok...

but persnoally i dont like soft sole like shoo shoo that kind..i find it difficult to slip in lor...coz before i didnt know n i bought one pair from mybbstore in KL...luckily they let me refund 100%..coz so difficult to wear n also a bit small...

i got my boy disney shoes...that time taka baby fair ...sgd 8.90 only..comfy..soft .the best pair easy to put on lor...

that said..i would love to have a pediped..but just too pricey for short usage coz they will outgrow very fast..
happy.gif

Hi mummies, I'm planning to order fr healthy times. Targeting to receive their order by 30 April.

Like to check the response here if we can hit $250 to entitle the 15% off. Juz checked with them tt all dinner jars except for Rasberry Glazed Turkey have stocks. Expiry dates earliest end 2010.

If u are keen and able to collect at Jurong West, pls send me ya order asap or latest 19 April (mon) and funds transfer latest by 23 Apr for confirmed orders. Will cancel if response is poor. Thanks.

jaime, i agreed on the soft shoes ! i got one from old navy...so difficult to put on..then my boy will move here and there refuse to let me wear the shoes properly...hey, now pediped have bp selling cheaper..can check it out ! iam gg to get a pair for my boy too since now he started walking le..hehe

bb weight...
rule of thumb..ideally triple birth weight by 1 yr or 6kg increase from birth weight by 1 yr..

my boy has stagnant weight for 2-3 months esp with all the viruses at IFC n low milk intake...then the past weeks, he put on at least half a kg,within less than 1 month...

think they have their growth spurt period n period that is just stagnant..

good afternoon, mummies
happy.gif

kudos to mummies who r still bfg babies!

yuan2 prefers mummy esp makan time... but she will go to daddy when it is play time -- coz daddy is creative with games
happy.gif

re: bb shoes
how to choose which shoes r suitable for bb?

yuan2 can't walk yet -- like to stand/cruise/crawl...

my friend bought a pair of robeez for her -- very cute!
3859785.jpg

re: bb weight
jaime, wow, 0.5kg in less than a mth! that's great! yuan2 lost what she had gained previously -- now ard 8.5kg
sad.gif
m hoping she can crossed the 9kg mark by her 1st bday(2 more weeks!)... so now beefing her up by feeding every 2 hour :p

ju, haha, so cute that yuan2 wanna bite the mouse -- bring up her feet to munch :p but the size is juz nice now -- will be too small when she starts walking...

adv
me too..now justin is like 8.7kg or so...i only have a few days more to beef him
sad.gif

i sneak milk feed at night when he wakes up crying for the past month...coz since he willing to drink n settle him back to dreamland faster..

its a bad habit n not good for teeth as well..so once reach an ideal weight, wil sub the milk with water liao..

to me, milk is the one which will beef up the baby, not so much of the solid i feel..

Glenlyn,jamie,juju,poohwei,jen,
Yes! I think we make them feel secure.. Mine also will cry until I latch her den she'll open her eyes so big n look at me, like very poor thing like tat. Haiz.. But I think if I stop latching, I'll feel sad so jus continue until she self-weans or no more supply..

Adv,
For bbs who jus learn how to walk, u can buy those softer soles but with some rubber sole for friction n light. Andrea tried a clarks pair (mary janes), she couldn't walk cos too heavy. So the best is to let them try n walk arnd the shop. What I've been told is tat don't buy too big, shld be almost right if not their toes will be too spread out n can't grip properly.

U can try collette (united sq and jurong point) for the pre-walker shoes.. Leather n andrea walks well in it. Bubblegummers (bata) also good, about $20 a pair n its soft on the inside but with a gd rubber sole.

Pediped is really gd n v v v v v nice n v v v v v v v v v ex! $80+ for a pair of shoes. Sure very heartpain if the shoes get dirty or scratched when they fall or drag their feet :/. I was very tempted but didn't buy in the end cos andrea will outgrow very quickly. I let her wear bubblegummers n collette for daily wear n bought her a leather pair from shooz4kids (plaza sing, united sq) for more "formal" outings!

Hope I don't sound too lor sor
happy.gif

Oh n if u r a fan of hello kitty, can get the hello kitty shoes from metro or kiddy palace.. Its v soft n light. Sole is rubber n its very comfy for babies who r walking! Very pretty shoes too n affordable, $24.90 - $26.90
happy.gif

good morning mummies
happy.gif

jaime, haha, sneak in a milk feed inbetween
happy.gif
I do that, too! but yuan2 dun like it when i use wet cloth to clean her teeth n gums.... i can only give her water after the milk feed to rinse her mouth...

audrey, thanks for the shoe info! very detailed n helpful! how many pairs of shoes hv u bought for andrea?
happy.gif

Back