(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Ha ha.... so funny... made a disgusted face like u shoved dead fish..
happy.gif

I tell u hor, that time I got to drink the coke and 7 up, super shoik!!

What is lana cake? a brand or a type of cake? Nice or not? make of what? Where to buy?

Actually, to me, for the feeding stuffs when going out, I only bring a small hot flask, 1 pump in zip lock, one small bottle, and 1 bottle of cold milk in ice-cream box. It's actually a small bag, the troublesome thing is the big pack of his..
little beanie pillow, 1 of my pashima as his blanket, 5-6 pieces of diapers, wet tissue, nappy, dry tissue, small powder, small ru yi oil, 1 disposable diaper changing sheet (which is my leftover sheet which we put under our bum at the hospital), extra clothing, hot water flask, pacifier...

That's the troublesome one, all the things much be in for the 'IN CASE' eg: diaper changing station is dirty and need the sheet, he cries needs pacifier, no food court need hot water, puke so much and dirty and clothings, or in ase his tummy got wind, etc..

qianhui,
really lah. hurt my feelings leh my girl. somemore i bathe everyday. imagine if i don't bathe everyday. she smell me going near her she will cringe already. i looking forward to drinking sparkling wine. been craving for it since xmas...

lana cake is a brand of cake. it's chocolate cake. very shiok one. hb's uncle bought a whole cake for us for xmas and the two of us just finished it last night... awfully chocolate is also very good. don't really know the add to buy lana cake but you go online and type lana cake should be able to find out. make sure it's search singapore.

you are really very detailed leh. xiang de hen zhou dao. everything also bring including ruyi oil. there were twice when i went out with my boy (who is on fm) and i brought the hot/cool water, his milk powder everything. then when it was time to feed, i realised i forgot to bring his milk bottle... end up having to buy. so end up with two extra bottles now. super blur...

i'm quite upset now... sent an sms message to friends just now to inform them abt bb's full month invitation and none replied leh. the worst thing is one of them is my really good friend.. now don't know how 'good' she is liao. i smsed her when i delivered, she didn't even reply. haiz... really very tong xin...

ladies,
sorry i very longwinded. got a qn. i expressed milk at 6.30pm and had 110ml. then bb latched on at 9.45pm for feed. then i expressed again at 11pm but only had 30ml!!! what's wrong? is it because i fed her that's why ss low again? very fed up ah! AAARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!

alabone, qianhui,
ya lor.. when bring bb out, really alot of barang barang.. feeding is onli a small part of it.. it's all the extra tt we bring.. :p but i dun bring tt much leh.. i onli brought the receiving blanket, extra diapers, extra set of clothes, wet tissue, dry tissue onli..

alabone,
dun be sad lah.. i oso sent out sms to my frens to invite them... surprisingly, my jie mei haven't reply yet but other frens which r not as close already replied... dunnoe y leh.. i juz assumed tt they r super bz to reply lor... dun think too much lah.. anyway, now no energy to be bothered by these...

alabone,
could it be tt bb drank alot?? usually when i pump aft bb's feed, the amt i get very little oso.. unless bb feeds onli 1 breast den i will get more..
happy.gif
dun worry lah.. my ss sometimes high sometimes low oso... could be due to the amt of liquid intake too...
happy.gif

shihui,
ya. will try not to be bothered by them... thanks. don't know if bb drank alot... but i never hear her swallow one leh. only can hear her swallow when i feed her in the morning after not latching her on for hours - coz i give fm mah... very sick with the ss. like you lor. sometimes high sometimes low. perhaps it is really my liquid intake then. hb always reminds me to drink more water.

Shihui,

It's like that wan.. Ppl now only care bout themselves, the so called good friends.. I in dilema when trying to get ppl to come, end up I only called 1-2 friend.
I took care not to inform so many ppl, coz in case those ppl think I inform them just to get angbao ma..
End up last saturday held a super small gathering for a few friends of hubby, no need catering, just order pizza and fried some food, order eclairs, etc..

U know lah, sometimes when those 'friends' (or rather aquaintance or someone who never bother to contact u) suddenly turn up with wedding invites, full month, etc.. how u will think leh?

Actually for BB full month, we dun wanna celebrate. But my hubby's side lah.. troublesome ppl.. Think my MIL wants to 'hao lian' a bit, it's not her 1s grandchild, she got 3 liao, just that mine is her 1st BOY Inner Grandchild.. so we held a gathering for his side on the recent sunday..

I don't really think she dotes my son that much lah, coz she also doesn't do that much and doesn't dote on me that much either. But she simply wanna hao han a bit.
Haiyo, that day when they came, so many of my cells died lor. I'm pissed with my SIL, MIL and her sisters.. (one of the sisters got grandchild also, she come here shown black black face only..)

Yesterday my MIL treats the relatives for dinner coz it's her birthday, damn hao lian, wants to treat the aunties, etc.. If no much $$, why treat leh? Then she asked hubby to go down with me and baby. Hubby told me that she called again and doesn't sounds happy,etc.

Not happy also not my business. I dun like to mix with them, so messy. Plus we dun have car ma, go all the way to AMK, baby backbone also cannot tahan the pram, etc. Then feeding part leh? Pump in the kopitiam toilet meh? Go everywhere also difficult leh, must bring so many things.

And his side dunno how to 'zua ren' wan.. Being the grandmother of my son, she didn't even give 1 angbao. Me is very traditional wan. The angbao dun need to be big, but at least 1 Red Paper for luck and well wishes to baby ma! Also dun have! Anyway, colleagues and friends also much much better then them lah.

Alabone,

Mine, he knows how to suckle wan, but impatient, sometimes the nipple RIGHT in front of him, he opened his mouth big big, lips sometimes already touched the nipple, but he still open his mouth big big like a hungry lion, big big mouth like wanting to bite, head turn here and there like searching.. YET, dun wanna suck. After he suck a while, maybe the flow slow, he impatient, whereas sometimes when he suck, the other breast will be 'painful' and starts leaking. End up waste the milk and make my body sticky only.

So I just express. Knows how much he takes in and I know my supply also...
happy.gif

qianhui,
for us, it's because we lazy to go around to distribute cakes so that's why we decided to ask pple to come over instead...

how can your MIL not even give angbao to your bb? yi si yi si must give also what...

express also good. if only i can have the amt that you have. my flow also very small la. that's why bb must suck for one hour befor she's full. suck until nipples very sore lor. really don't want to give up bfing coz this time round, my uterus not as big as previous time after giving birth...

Kimi,
Many thanks for the advice. I also went online after reading Shihui's emedicine url, and got linked to baby acne, which I only heard for the first time last night! My baby's rashes had gotten worse till there are red angry rashes on her back! But these rashes seem to get better when she doesn't perspire, ie in aircon room or when I switch on the fan for her, so I am trying to make the room a bit cooler for her. But you are right, I do not think they are heat rashes, cos her forehead is simply full of them...and they really look like acne. Does your baby's acne resolve by themselves?

Wow, your baby seems like a good girl! Not many night feeds. Last night my girl wakes up every 2 hours. Tonight, I got my mom to feed her about 100ml of EBM at 12 plus am, so hopefully she will not wake till 3-4am!

MBB,
Yes, I am also worried my baby will be fussy after baby shower. That was what happened to my first girl. After her baby shower, she latched on nearly the whole day the next day! So, this time round, I am hoping people won't carry my baby and play pass the baby game like the last time
sad.gif

Wow, MBB, are you a flight attendant? Will be very tough when you are flying and baby around, unless your infrastructure support is very strong.

Qianhui,
Wow, your milk SS is super good! Damn envy, man. I usually can manage only about 100ml to 150ml if I do not pump for 5-6 hours. And that's the max I ever got.After latch on, worse - only 20ml
sad.gif

Your son is very handsome leh, somemore so young exposed to mask, confirmed complexion damn good next time!

Bloom,
Thanks for the FM measurement. I was reading the NAN infant FM, and they said when baby is 2nd month onwards, must drink 150ml per feed for 5 times a day. Wah piang! All my baby milk bottles also dun have 150ml for now!

Monica,
Congrats! Our babies have the same DOB! Wow, your baby is quite big!!

QSG,
Am using Avent bottles and teats when bottlefeeding. Apparently lesser colic.

Alabone,
I think baby must have sucked dry your breasts la. My supply also very low after latching on. Worse, my baby will MAX only drink 10-15min from one breast per feed, and that's it, she will doze off! Makes me worried if she is taking in enough, so yesterday decided on bottlefeeding her EBM, tho I usually only get a decent amount after 4-5 hours. I notice she will sleep more after EBM bottlefeeding of about 100ml as well, heh. But I hate the burping part after bottlefeeding lor, whereas for BF if dun burp sometimes, still ok, altho she does spit out some milk during her sleep, quite scary.

OK, better go catch some winks before she wakes again!

ladies,
this is sleepless in woodlands... got up at 2.30 just now to feed bb her fm. after feeding, changed her and put her back to sleep... then after i washed my hands, came here to read posts, heard her explosive poo! so had to change her again. wah piang... this turned out to be terrible. while changing her, she gek again lah. then gek until shit shot out from her little anus! wah piang! kena my hand, kena her blanket, her bedsheet! i swear it flew like 50cm man! not the first time already... the other time, hb was the one who kena and i was beside him helping. i already try to do it as quickly as i can already... what was supposed to be a 20mins routine became a 45min thing... sigh... anyone else encounter this as well? there she goes again... gek and gek. hope she doesn't regurgitate e milk...

Hi alabone!

My girl also has "flying poo" problem ... kenna bedsheet, clothes, and even my hubby before. The CL is also very terrified of her poo-ing manners. :p When she's being changed and cleaned, my girl takes a long long time to finish poo-ing, she can even fall asleep while at it. And worse, she seems to like to poo on fresh new diapers... sigh, so each time we change her, it takes at least 2 diapers.

Also, my girl is a very demanding drinker. When she is hungry, she cries and wails as if like "I want it NOW!!!"... doesn't even give us enough time to warm up the EBM. I am wondering how to cope after the CL leaves.

alabone,
rem to try to take more water leh.. less input sure less output.. me now bf hor.. realised tt for the same amt of water i drank, i pee less.. muz be due to water lost thru bf bah...

Qianhui,
ya lor.. sometimes really in a dilemma on who to invite lor.. but alot of frens kept saying tt when bb born muz inform them etc.. so juz inform n invite them to bb's full mth lor... :p

btw, according to teochew tradition, they really love boys...
happy.gif
they called boys "dao kia" meaning child to be proud of.. n gals "zao kia" meaning child who will run away.. so can see the impt of boys in teochew family.. :p my grandma had onli inner granddaughters.. no inner grandson.. although now she very old n blur liao.. she's still verrrrrrry happy tt her inner grandchild gave birth to a great grandson.. :p she even told my mom to regard my son as the family's inner grandson.. i was laughing n telling my mom tt now pple hav so few children onli.. grandparents will treat inner n outer grandchild the same lah.. dun need differentiate one.. :p

alabone, sylk,
my bb too.. few days ago... his poo fly too... shoot until his bolster got poo poo as well.. :p got to quickly go wash the casing.. :p den he got the bad habit of pooing again aft changing diaper too... tt day i was telling bb tt he's poo-ing his papa poor.... :p

juz finish expressing milk.. find tt ameda pump not very effective in emptying breasts.. onli express out n now i still got some leftover in my breasts...
sad.gif
avent manual pump is more effective in removing milk.... :p

today's ss quite low leh.. last express was 12am.. den aft 5 hours of not pumping n 7min latch on, i onli managed to express out 100ml... sian......

Alabone,
I am no better..only managed to catch 2 hrs of sleep last night *yawn*...managed to coax him to sleep at 2am, then he woke up at 4am wanting to feed..after feeding him tot he could sleep till 7am at least but he woke up at 6am for feed again..my dark circles really getting darker and darker
sad.gif

My boy also got shooting pee and poo...really can fly everywhere..now i clever liao..while changing diapers, i covered his pee pee and piku with a piece of cloth so that his pee and poo will not fly ard! I also agree my boy will poo us poor lor..sometimes I can change 3 pieces of diapers in 1 hr..dunno why babies like to poo in parts...immediately after changing their diapers, they can poo again
sad.gif

Shihui,
I also encountered such friends during my boy's full month celebration...some dun even call to infom they r not coming...can be quite disappointing especially when some of their children had full month celebration, we were there to share their joy and they dun even bother to attend ours...

Hi Mummies

I'm finally back. Didn't manage to read the previous posts.... here's a short account of my birth story.

30-Dec-06
0200 : Contractions, but at erractic interval...stg like 30-40 min

0400: Show

0700: Contractions still at abt 30 min interval, called gynae, he suggested I go down to hosp to check

0730: Reached hospital, strapped on CTG... erractic contractions

0800: Gynae arrived, checked only 1 cm dilated. Told to stay there and monitor for 1 hour.

0900: Contractions still erractic interval... told to go home and wait.... FALSE ALARM!!!

31-Dec-06
1200: Contractions again... but this time more distinct... about 20 min interval.

0130: Went toilet and saw fresh blood clots dropping into the toilet bowl. Panic. Waked hubby up. Contractions at 15 min interval. Tot want to go and bath then go hospital, suddenly saw black mucusy discharge, but waterbag not burst... panic, tot it's merconium and baby in distress. Didn't bath and rushed down to hospital. Called gynae but he was doing delivery, only managed to tell him I'm going down to hospital.

0230: Reached hospital. Gynae there already... Heng ah... He checked and said it's not merconium, it's cervix dilating, no worries. Waterbag not burst. So he burst waterbag... 2cm dilated.

0500: Great pain liao... asked to check progress... still only 2cm dilation!!! No progress at all!!! I was already totally exhausted the few days ago...was highly irritable liao... so I gave in and told them I wanted epidural...

0530 Epidural administered. Drip to increase dilation.

0815 Midwife checked and I'm already 9cm dilated yeah!!!

0830 Gynae arrived and checked... 10 cm liao... prepare to push.... but I tried and tried can't come out... Gynae says baby is of very good size so in the end use vacuum...

0900 Jing Ting is finally out!!!!

The minute she was out, gynae commented "wah very good size"...
Jing Ting weighs 3.7kg, 52 cm long and head circumference of 34 cm.
The nurses there all said I so lucky never kenna C-section... since baby is so huge :p

We came home yesterday.... but baby was crying fussing the whole nite... my latching was quite successful, and I do have milk supply, but dunno is it because not enuf to meet her demand or what.... But she finally fell asleep just now... phew...

Ok... need to go rest liao... will drop in as frequently as my girl allows me... I'm still new at the latching, so I can't latch and type at the same time yet :p

Hi, Morning ladies,
Yeah, tml onwards I can shower everyday liao...hahaha... looking forward to it, but quite worried, cos that means my mum won't be coming in to help me liao... I will have less time here.
sad.gif

Last nite b4 sleep was terrible, she wouldn't sleep even when I shove my nipple for her as pacifier until my hb carry her n pat her to sleep. But the nite was quite ok.

Shihui,
Ur breasts takes sometimes to adjust to the pump, so just got to be patience. Last time when I bought Ameda also the same, reason is bcos Avent suction is stronger and ameda is weaker plus Avent suction is more or less controlled by us, but not ameda, so need some time for ur breast to adjust to it.

dora,

CONGRATS!!! jing ting really v gd size hor? n v adorable too!
happy.gif
worth e wait rite? heh heh... dun say u new at latching can't latch n type at e same time, i oso cannot lor! still wondering how e others managed...

linette,

my gal's pimples wld let out pus then dry up. now clearing liao but q slow leh! can't wait to see nice skin again! haiz.... they'll look much worse when bb's aggravated n maybe hot i guess!

alabone, sylk, shihui, dey,

talk bt flying poo... just read ur posts then went 2 change bb n i kena! last time flew into my eye, this time nt so bad, my chin! heh heh.. i oso dun understand y they can poo all out at one time... must poo a bit a bit.... haiz... but u all v hardworking leh! hear poo only change diaper... i dun care one. change already she poo then too bad.. but i'm using only cloth diapers day n nite maybe nt so bad. tt time ran outta cloth diapers, used dunno pampers or drypers... used once only her arse red red... so tink cloth ones r really much better 4 her..

ladies,

my bb's growth rate has slowed dn by q a bit since after her 1st mth? anybody encounter e same thing? she used to gain avg 50g a day in e 1st mth. now 1 wk only gain 100+g nia... is it normal?

last nite was q gd 4 me. slept at 10.30, woke at 8.30. woke up twice 4 feedings. total managed to sleep 8 hrs!!! been 2 nites like tt liao. hopefully it'll last!
happy.gif

Dey, Qianhui,
Oh ya, gg out with BB require alot of engery and barang...But i believe thing will be better when BB is slightly bigger
happy.gif

Qianhui,
Wow, can imagine u pump like a mad cow in the toilet when yr BB is hungry....

Alabone, Shihui,
I face the same problem as Dey...So call good friend didnt even call to say they are not coming....Sigh...Really give up....

Dora,
kao_cheers.gif
on the safe arrival of yr princess and welcome to the "COW" club
happy.gif

Dora,
Congrats!! Finally popped... I tot u will b featured in the news n keeping a lookout for u when I watch the news....

wow, ur gal gal very big leh... my ideal size....glad that ur latching is good, 1st step forward to successful bfing
happy.gif

Dey, Qianhui, Jackie,

Mayb for 1st time mtb, bringing bb out is a hassle, but as u get used to it, u will find it easier.
When I bring my gals out, I only bring a few pcs of diapers, a set of clothing (for reyna) n a few pcs of hankerchief n of cos wet tissues. If we feed fm, there's many more to bring, tat's another reason y my hb so supportive of bfing, as long as the cow is around, everything is solved.
happy.gif
Go shopping, jus latch n continue to shop, plus I use sarong to carry her, so shopping is very much more easier.
happy.gif

hi all,
so i'm not the only one who's complaining about bb's pooing habits. hate the flying poo and the spraying pee! and it's so true lor. immediately after i change her diaper, then i hear the explosion again! wah... very sim tia one you know... somemore she poo alot at times. so much until it can leak outside. do your bbs poo that much too? not all the time. sometimes lah. and it's very watery.

dora,
congrats on the birth of your little princess. she is of a fantastic size! my baby girl only half that size leh... i feed and feed... don't know when she'll grow to be like your girlie...

eventually you'll learn how to feed and type. i have managed it. hb says now i can multi task. feed bb, type, read mag and watch tv! li hai mah?

shihui,
i suppose i didn't drink enough then. was out the afternoon and only took a couple of sips of my hb's ice tea... heehee... will go pump later. now still tired ah... going to zzz again...

kimi,
you very poor thing... poo kena eyes! last night i kena hand only... hope we won't have to kena again...

I over slept today.. end up didn't pump for 9-10 hrs.. managed to get 400 again.

Linette,

I only put mask on him when his face is badly pimply, esp on sat and sun where got ppl come only.

Plus, everything I saw pimple I got this urge wanting to pop for him... Those around his hair kanna popped by me liao.. very shoik like that.. bad naughty mummy..

Sylk,

Yup yup, BB like got no patience wan.. Want means want. So 'Ba dao' like that.. And the best thing is that they so 'ba dao' and we still must bear with them..

Shihui,

Nvm, u can invite me
happy.gif
I haven go your house b4 leh..

Haiyo, not so true nowadays.. my MIL got 2 son are 'zao kia' leh.. after married go to wife side liao.

Flying poo and water fountain.. Quite common liao.. but so far, I'm not the one changing.. so my mum kanna most of the time..

I told my mum that baby give her 'tong zi niao' and 'gold'... can ward off spirit and will have 'wealth'...

Jackie,

Yup, pump like crazy lor.. each cry from him makes me panick more.. ha ha..

Vanessa,

Ya lor, super easy for u leh.. hee hee..
Though it's very troublesome, I still like to go out with BB.. fun to have another member ma... so still worth it lah..

Oh, btw, my baby after full month, doesn't poo that much liao leh..

But his diaper are often heavy with water liao..

Mummies, thanks for feedback on what bottle and teat your bb using. I introduced Avent to Evee since her sis also taking it well but end up Evee dun like Avent so now have to waste $$ to buy another brand of teat and bottle since Avent bottle cannot use other teats. Seems that most of you are using NUK or Avent.

dora, congras!

Kimi, Evee also gained 100g btw 2 weeks ago and last week. In fact her appetite seem to be dropping, now drinking about 80ml only per 4 hours...how much is your bb drinking now?

Mummies with flying poo poo or frequent diaper changing due to poo, just to share with you, to avoid bb poo abit change diaper and poo abit again...you can encourage them to finish pooing within 1 diaper change...you can do the sound to make them gek the poo out "nnnnng..nnng..."
dunno how to spell) but must be patient to wait for bb to finish their business. To avoid flying poo, after you open the diaper hold the portion of the diaper (the front) covering their private part up as they lie on the diaper and you encourage them to finish pooing..My MIL and cf lady did this and it really helps.

vanessa, tomorrow your 30 or 40 days over? I seeing Dr Sim next saturday. U ?

Alabone,
My sim tia part is when I change her diaper n she poo abit only... dun change scare later she kena rashes, change, so sim tia that diaper, jus wear awhile nia...

Linette,
yeah, it's gonna be tough when i go back to work but since most of my colik are adjusting well. i am crossing my fingers tat i will be able to handle not seeing my ger everyday.

how come bb become cranky if being carried by too many ppl? weird hor?
my ger is awredy very cranky in the day leh. i might as well wait till after her first mth then i reprograme her.
her dear granny (aka my mum) hv been carrying her non stop. now she refused to sleep unless we carry her
sad.gif

i tried to talk to my mum but she will flare up. never mind. i shall ren ren ren....thank God tat they live in KL.

QSG,
i do the same thing too. my ger's poo dun come at once. so when i change her soiled diaper, i will press her tummy a little and make the hmmmm hmmmm sound to get her to continue shitting.
i am shock at times to see how much she can poo and it's also very smelly.

Kimi,
you are so lucky. can have 8 hrs of sleep.
i am lucky if i can have 4 hrs of undisturb sleep.

Dora,
congrats!! your ah ger is huge
happy.gif

very good leh.

Dey,
we should exchange teats. my ger got problem with the avent #1. i had to change to #2 coz i tried poking on the #1 teats then e milk flows too fast. wat a waste of $$$

Ladies,
i have cramp on my abdomen last nite. is tis normal? it was very painful and i had to take pain killer. is my uterus still contracting?

Alabone,
i dun handle stress very well.
i actually packed my bb's bag be4 she was born!
yet dun know why when i take her out, my whole body is tensed up.
hee heee...you are so funny
happy.gif
packed everything except the bottle.

MBB,
My ger now also needs to be carried to sleep... in the day like now, she doesn't sleep n only sleep in our arms, once we put her back to her cot, she machiam had enough of rest n open eyes big big n look at u.... super sian... thinking of resorting to sarong, but then if go back malaysia or travelling will hav problem.
My ger was not spoilt by my mum, but by us, cos initially she got the blocked nose and only can sleep better when we carry her due to the angle we carry, so now like habit.... super duper sian... wonder I can "reprogram" her, but must b hard hearted, let her cry while do how u want her to sleep....

qianhui, vanessa, jackie,

ya hor... dun latch on bring bb out v troublesome hor? haiz... but i so scared o latching on outside. scared she too cranky dun wanna latch how? then shop shop shop stop 4 1 hr just 2 feed her q sian rite? then my hubby do wat? anyways, will still intro bottle to her after her 2nd mth. cos once a wk, me n hubby wanna get bk to our performing n will let mil bbsit her... hope she'll accept e bottle n nt reject my nipple later...

as 4 teats hor, i only haf avent n pigeon. haven't tried b4 but tt time i went to chk e avent one, e flow like too slow, def slower than my nipple... hmm... maybe must get new teats?

MBB,

wat did u use 2 poke e teat w?

my gal deep sleeper. sometimes sleep for 4+ hrs dun wanna wake up n drink milk! hiyoh! then i'll gan cheong, dunno if she's having enof milk. like this morning, fed her at 4am. she had q a bit o milk. e next time she woke up again is 9.30am liao!

i realised if she drinks a lot then can sleep 4 very long. even when she's nt sleeping, she'll just open eyes big big n entertain herself... we dun need 2 bother bt her... so can sleep longer lor!
happy.gif

QSG,

i dunno how much she's drinking. haf nv used bottle b4. tink it varies...depend on how hungry she is. just had her weighed at e polyclinic just now. she gained more this time round, bt 200+g.

Kimi,
Dun wait till 2nd mth then u try bottle, by then u will cry... I introduced bottle to my 2nd one at 2nd mth... poor thing, she totally reject n refuse to drink. We tried 4 1 whole mth...bo bian, I'm starting work then, so jus starve her till I come back to latch.... took my mum almost 6 mth b4 she readily accept the bottle.

vanessa,

is it? oh no... then how? i scared try too early she end up rejecting my nipple how? i still wanna latch her on exclusively, except at most once a day.

so ur reyna tried bottle already?

act. mine started off w bottle at e hops. she was on bottle 4 2 wks b4 she came home n latch on exclusively. tt time, she seemed 2 haf no prob making e transition fr bottle to breast leh. hope this time oso can.

so how ar? shld i intro her now? she's in her 6th wk liao. occasionally still haf latching problems but most o e time, BFing is q smooth. u tink can try already?

Kimi,what you and hubby performing as?I got a friend's bb also reject bottle and rather starve, end up she took unpaid leave till he is 11 mths just to bf him but not all organisations allow unpaid leave so better to introduce bottle early at least if reject bottle you still have some time to try different teats like in my case hopefully can find something bb accepts. Nevertheless, some bbs will still reject even if introduce by 1 month old.

Qianhui, I got both tne NUK transparent ( i think silicon) and yellow (i think latex) one. Only the yellow teat got flatten when bb suck too hard during feeding. I think when its flattened, bb will need more effort to suck. Rotating the bottle does not work cos bb is holding on too tightly to the teat. In the end I have to put it out which makes bb frustrated/refuse to continue drinking. You sounds like going for a war when bringing bb out.. maybe can try latching on next time? For me, I am very kiasu, will try latching on but also bring FM out just in case bb refuse to latch on/not enuf milk. hahah..so ur milk also attract ants? Ur bb never cry when u pop his pimples har?

BTW, mommies, when I burp my bb, I never care much about her spine posture or whether her head is upright/tilted. Is that all right or will be cause problem to the neck and spine (since its not straight)?

alabone, its like htat one..don't forget we had been restricted from eating so much during confinement. My bb also show me when I try to latch her..I assume its bcos my nipple is sweaty..ahahahha.. not sure if this works for ur bb..but before u chnage her... make those moo-mooooo and sh-shhhh sound to get her to finish doing her business faster. I know kind of hard to do so when its middle of the night and bb is crying like mad.

Linette, I am also feeding my bb Nan for FM. I don't want to believe what they write there on the tin lah.

Shihui, oh no... ameda not effective har? Cos still tinking of getting it if I ever intend to continue to bf after I return to work.... cos cheaper than PIS.

Dora, jing ting is so chubby..ehehehhe

kimi, u really can ren... that time i also use cloth nappy day and time then CL complain so at night change to diaper.. plus drapolene to stop nappy rash... poor thing... i scrub cloth nappy also scrub like mad at the beginning.

yesterday just found out that hubby had only been washing the bb hankerchief with water w/o detergent! alamat! no wonder the hankerchief still has milk smell! then at night he ask me if can use dettol on bb's bum..... goodnesss....luckily he is not 100% in charge of bb...

Anyone using J and J top to toe for bb? Not sure if its bcos of j and j, but my bb like starting to have danruff/eczema on the head..sighh...

dey, vanessa, och,

my boi okie now. but now and then still puke out milk. as long as he is gaining weight, i not tat worried. eversince the stay in hospital, i become more confident in taking care of him. the weekend, my mil went home. mi n my hub look after my boi our own for 3 days. we r coping veri well. kinda of enjoy our "san ren shi jie".

my boi sleeping pattern change again. headache.. now he sleep veri long in the day n wanna us to play wif him in the nite. last nite my hub n i take turn to carry him from 11.30pm till 3am then he finally tired n fell asleep. he woke up around 4am plus. i latched him n he fallen asleep after 30mins. then 5am plus woke up for another feed. he really know how to toture his mummy. 2day he also been sleeping except for his feed n bathe. sigh.. i m getting worry for 2nite. all along he veri guai one. nite time oni wake up once for feed.

Bloom,

Mine is the transparent one.. so far so good leh.. I think
happy.gif

He never cry leh.. just look at me and make those BB noise which he always made whether I pop his pimples or not..

U mentioned dandruff.. maybe it's because he changing skin izzit?

Mine uses the Latecid (dunno how to spell) and he also hv leh.. last few weeks it's his hands, legs, face.. etc.. peeling/changing skin.. now is his head..

So my BB machiam like got dandruff also, slight slight wan lor..

Does anyone of ur baby cry till face turn black? mine has done it on two occasions and scared the hell out of me. Is it common? would they end up with fits?
sad.gif

hihi.. juz came back fr gynae visit.. wah.. waited 2hours b4 it's finally my turn to see her.. guess it's bcoz i'm the onli one who's not preg... all the preggies aft me visit her first...
sad.gif
my breasts were super engorged aft 5hours of not latching n pumping.. wah.. it's was rock hard... really hard.. now pumping away... breasts still pain.. can't massage yet.. i let the pump do its' job to "soften" them first den i massage.. :p

wow.. juz finished pumping.. aft 15min, got 220ml n breasts still not emptied yet... :p finally relieved of engorgement... wah...... shiok.. :p

gynae very cute.. told me to visit her again 2 mths later.. by den, if i dun feel like going back to work so soon, she will give me MC to extend my maternity leaves..hehehe~~ i was so surprised when she told me tt she can easily write tt i under slight depression n needs more time off.. hahaha... :p

dora,
Congrats!!!!!!

wah.. ur gynae burst waterbag when it's onli 2cm dilation ah... waterbag burst liao the pain will be worse leh.. :p

ur bb very cute leh... her eyebrow already so obvious liao.. mine still can't see lidat... :p

vanessa,
icic... ya lor.. find avent's suction stronger... hope my breasts adjust to ameda soon.. :p but i still using avent during the day leh.. coz more convenient lah.. :p

Qianhui,
haha.. can't help smiling away when u mention "pump like crazy".. :p quite comical.. :p mine poo poo not as much as b4.. wah.. but his pee increased alot leh.. keep wetting his nappy.... luckily now got CL to help me change n wash nappy... :p

hee~ u want come? coming with ace?

think my house will be full of bbies... :p got a few frens bringing their bbies too.. :p yeah!! pin heng will be meeting many little frens.. heee~
happy.gif

QSG,
tt's wat my CL did oso.. she encouraged bb to poo by massaging his tummy n make the "nngg ngg" sound.. den canr eally see bb stays motionless n gek... :p so cute.. den when bb starts figeting again, means tt he finish poo-ing liao.. :p

MBB,
u oso faced problems of bb being carried too much ah?? mine too.. CL kept carrying him.. den grandparents come n want to carry as well... shall wait till CL returns den i reprogramme bb too... :p i'm a cruel mom.. hee~ :p

kimi,
ur gal so guai.. can self entertain.. mine wants to be entertained...
sad.gif

bloom,
ameda is effective.. but not as effective as compared to avent manual... :p so far, no major complain except tt the suction power not very strong.. but tt's bcoz i din adjust it to full power lah.. afraid full power my nipples can't tahan.. :p

is the "dandruff" cradle cap? does it appear white or yellowish? if it is, u can use bb oil to massage bb's scalp to soften it.. den wash away... mine got abit of skin peeling off on his scalp.. but like wat qianhui said, it's changing skin lidat lor.. onli lasted several days..

Bloom, when i burp bb, i also din care about the posture...did the same for my first bb too. dun think its dandruff due to top to toe wash, could be the beginning of cradle cap which happens to some young babies usually the eye brows may have some too, think evee starting to have some too.

tell you all something funny hor... i very blur. went to my daughter's PD and asked about the 'dandruff' thingy and i said; "will she develop cradle crap?" luckily the PD very nice... never correct me. later on then realised i said wrongly. should be cradle cap! hahaha... one letter makes a world of difference.

qianhui,
another 400ml??? then can don't pump for a couple of hours and get a lot more again. good job. i wish i can do that. maybe i should not pump for many hours also.

bloom,
i guess it's due to my sweat lor like you said. about her poo habits, i'll try what you guys said. my mum also did it for my son when she helped to take care previously.

vanessa,
i also sim tia bb's piku. coz if i don't change, it'll become red. but sometimes i change new one then she poo then i sim tia the diaper... very ex leh. what brands are you ladies using? am using newborn mamy poko. very good so far. no leakages.

MBB,
isn't it stressful for you to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and size? airlines very strict about this one is it? which airline you flying for? my bro's gf also stewardess. she's flying SIA. prepare early good la. then forget anything can replenish before going out. not like me. take everything except bottle. don't be stressed. must be brave to take bb out. otherwise next time bb will be afraid. having said that, my mum takes my son out everyday for breakfast, he still scared of strangers and not very friendly to pple. got mood one. yesterday went out, stretch out his hands and touch everyone! wah piang. keep telling him no...

bloom,
when i burp bb, i just sit her up and let her head fall into my palm. she's got a mind of her own already. always adjust to her own liking before i can burp her.

shihui,
i never pump for 5 hours breasts also not rock hard leh. how to get it rock hard huh? then i can get more milky milk... just pumped and only got 90ml. which is actually an increase already. slow and steady then...
happy.gif

kimi,
very envious you can have long hours of undisturbed sleep. but i'm lucky like you. bb if don't sleep, will lie on her bed and entertain herself. only make grunting noises when she is hungry. but max she sleeps for 4 hours. never any longer.

ladies,
need help! bb's man yue celebration is this sunday and i haven't decided on caterer yet. suggestions for any good caterers please??? thank you!

bloom,
you can get dentinox craddle crap shampoo from watson/guardian..very effective in curing the problem.. I only used less then 1/2 the bottle the last time.

Alabone,
I am using le xin catering this time.. last time I used neo-gardens .. didn't want to use elsie kitchen coz must order for at least 50 people and we are only catering for 35.. if more turn up then we will order pizza/KFc.

I'm using prokids S size for Roy... he does have some rashes on his butt.. so I apply destin cream for him.

ruffybear,
thanks. am thinking of using neo gardens. how's e food? i used elsie kitchen b4. ordered 30pax only. now increase?

hallo everyone!
me no time to surf net. no pc at my mum place. now at library.

took photos but library here can't post.

qianhui's baby has very beautiful & sharp features! double eyelid too!!

me breastfeed failed again. super engorged on 3rd day at hospital. chat again when i come library, Happy New Year!!!!

Hi mummies

Thanks for all your well wishes...
happy.gif
happy.gif

I haven't bought breast pump yet, I'm thinking of getting a manual one only.... any reccomendations? Thanks
happy.gif

Abalone,
Neo garderns is okay.. but for the tea time they don't provide warmers etc..
Elsie's kitchen the minimum is 80pax for tea and 40pax for buffet which is too much for us.
happy.gif

ruffybear,
thanks for info. hb thinks it's too ex. wants only $8 per pax... must look for another caterer then...

dora,
i'm using the avent manual. it's not too bad, except that sometimes can pump until hand a bit 'sng'... suction is quite strong.

Dora,
i using avent manual too.. gd suction.. if u dun mind the hand exercise, it's actually very gd in emptying the breasts..
happy.gif

ladies,
i'm thinking of ordering tinkat lunch leh.. got anot huh? any recommendation? :p

hi gals...just wanna find out some stuff from u all...

Diapers - which brand are u all using?

Johnson powder - do u all put powder for bb? my massage lady told me not to put powder as not good for bb lungs...dunno how true...

Milk intake - how many ml should bb take around 2 months? how to calculate how much milk bb should take?

mbb,u giving how much ml to your ger now?

Back