(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

Hi Bloom,
I'm using J n J top to toe for bb. so far so gd.yup, the nurse at KKH did brief a lot of inform during discharge. she is gd, that's why I left her postive feedbck. she is also approachable and I asked her about breastfeeding skills etc. she also chat (asking what drink i have cos my mum gave me brown rice water etc) when she come to measure my blood pressure hrly.

the indian nurse did ask me whether I prefer to go polyclinic to checkup or refer back to KKH. yup, not everytime, burping bb is success. if didn't burp, I did encounter that my gar throw up bit of milk . so better to lie her side way after feeding.

so have u cut/shave yr bb hair?

Mbb,
polyclinic does have 1st mth checkup. I brought #1 there for all his jab..incl 1st mth. This time will bring #2 to the GP behind for his jab..as don't need to travel so far.
Hep B 1st mth jab is $20 and the 6-in-1 is $112 per jab..quite reasonable.

kimi, i also nv put anything.. dunno is it a must to put moisturuzer...

vanessa,now i also put my boy to sleep in our bed...must train them to sleep anywhere...if not next time v difficult bring them out...
but then if really keep fussing at night want pple to carry...sarong could be good choice...

sylk,maybe your ger appetite smaller... hope she can change her drinking habit then life will be better...

abalone, my boy 7weeks also drinking 100ml..but i think different bb appetite not same... how much is mamypoko?

i also lookin for tingkat lunch..coz i alone lookin after bb...so shiong..dun even have time to cook..

Hi OSG,
oic, dunno why polyclinic charge much expensive than private clinic. moreover, by gg to polyclinic, one still need to wait for so long even tough there is an appt.

hi ladies
happy.gif
ve not log in for a long time

had a very stressful confinement period.....at 1st stress abt BF.....then MIL gave me prob.....after wk 3 of my confinement, i sent her back.....asked her not 2 come anymore.....cannot stand her

anyway, due 2 lack of rest & stress, my milk ss until now still very low....never increase at all....vanessa, still got any chance that my ss will increase ornt??? my bb is 5 wks old oredi

shihui, really envy dat u ve so much dat u can even donate them

congrats Dora.....bb so cute
happy.gif

bobianah, shihui
neo garden they do ve lunch tingkat but minimum 2 pax. i tried them since last wk 4 trial.....food not bad but some dishes are not suitable 4 BF mummies

alabone
i cater fr YLS for my boy's bb shower last sat oso....food not bad esp the kong ba pau, or nee & the sea cucumber duck....pricing quite reasonable....no GST & delivery charge & the portion quite alot

bobianah
i m going 2 bring philson 2 c dr ng this sat for his hep B jab & 1st mth assessment. will sms u & let u knoe how is it

ladies, if after confinement u re going 2 look after bb on ur own, it is really very difficult 2 cook & look after bb all by urself esp 1st time mum & those who has help fr CL or gd MIL or mum during confinement period....dat's y i order tingkat so dat no need 2 cook & clean up

hee....juz 2 share with u ladies on philson's bb shower.....we invited ard 90 pax 2 our very small flat which is only 85 sq m :p most of the time, philson & i were in the rm......my hubby & my parents help 2 entertain the guests.....my PIL did nothing at all.......came very late & didnt even bother 2 help clean up after the guests left.....my mil still demand 4 this & that whereas my parents bought cartons of wine & beer 4 our guests & make the red eggs & came early 2 help out.....thank God my parent are there 4 me.....

Afcai, the $320 you stated in your post for 6 in 1 should be for all 3 jabs so polyclinic is much cheaper.

Hi Shihui,
the 6 in 1 jab does not include Hep B. the Hep B (2nd dose) is another optional jab.if one take the first dose, one need to continue the 2nd and third one.

oh...mentioning abt the nearest coffeeshop at our estate, ai-yo, I find that the food there not so nice. eg, the hokkien mee so salty.

mbb,
i sometimes oso wish bb comes with instrutions! esp when she cry and i hv no idea why...diaper changed, fed, slept, etc etc...
uhoh.gif
motherhood not easy!

dunno if poly hv 1st mth checkup...probably hv...but i KS la...blur first time mommy so want to see PD for more "professional" advise, scared poly doctors not so expert at bb things. :p

vanessa,
wah, must jab asap? I only thinking of going a week after bb 1st mth cos waiting for weekend... hopefully will be ok...

bloom,
lexin hv tingkat lunch? that wld be great!

You know, so far I tried pampers premium, mamy poko, huggies, drypers for bb and come to conclusion pampers premium is best... after i finish all the free diapers given to me, i think im going to stick to pampers premium all the way for bb liao...or alternate btwn mamy poko (daytime) and premium for nite.

Hi Vanessa Lu,
yup, dunno why polyclinic (called to ask this morning only and manage to get thr the hotline after waiting for 10mins listening to the 'sweet' music on phone) charges much ex than thr private clinic.

hubby n l also thinking of taking my gar to private clinic (24hr) a stone throw fr my plc on 8/1. so are u gg to private clinc too? by the way, what is PD?

Hi Jackie,
dunno leh, did I heard wrongly on the phone if hep B cost $16 or $60. but ask one of the clinic near my plc that the hep b jab cost $16.

hmm....u took yr bb to private clinic for the dose?

mbb,seems like u same s me.. i also cannot wear my wedding ring..my water retention is v bad..even my massage lady said so...she say got to wait till 2 mths den water retention will be gone...im reaching 2 mths soon...my legs still abit swollen... hope u can lose more during the massage...i also hate to look into mirror...i cant fit into my old jeans/skirts too...

CF Chang,how much is neogarden tingkat lunch?min 2 pax?then u finish 2 pax portion?

Hi QGS,
oic. now I understand maybe when hubby asked at that pt, he didn't know that it is per jab but not in package as charges by polyclinic.

hi,
regarding about hep B, at polyclinic u all can request to pay by cpf. but if private clinic can't. and 5 in 1 at polyclinic is much cheaper $289 for 4 dose suitable for those income not so gd one. anyway 5 in 1 won't cos much fever my girl took 1st n 2nd dose also no fever. but heard 6 in 1 are more lightly to get fever.

btw polyclinic don't have 6 in 1 jab.
hep B per dose ise $15-18 i cant remember

Hi Catherine wong,
thks for the infor. now I have a clearer pic of what 5 in 1 consists of.

some polyclinic charges a few dollar more than other. eg consultation fee for normal adult shd be $8 but polyclinic at AMK charges $8.50.

but have calledcpolyclinic this morning that they do have 6 in 1 jab when I asked them.

bobianah
called up juz now 2 make appointment....asked the nurse abt the charges....she said $60 4 hep B jab including consultation.....cheap hor? btw, if u want 2 go sat morning, better call 2 make appointment earlier cos dr ng quite pack on sat.

berry
$50 for 5 days trial.....if long term will b cheaper but i 4got how much oredi :p i ate 1 portion for lunch, keep the rest & microwave them 4 dinner

shihui,
i still latch her on sometimes... then pray for her to be in good mood lor. then i won't have to suffer. my bb makes noise too. she makes 'hmm hmm' sounds. quite cute also la. but i tell you gals hor, this morning i was so pek chek with her coz she drink already don't want to sleep then keep making noise then i also cannot sleep then i almost scolded her. and when i carry her i was very rough... sigh... sorry natalie... i'm a bad mummy... will learn to be more tolerant.

afcai,
you can consume so much DOM?? i didn't take any at all. last time when my mum cooked food for me and put in alot of her homemade rice wine, my whole face turned red and heartbeat was racing. this happened when i was still in hospital. frightened all the nurses they called my gynae. thought what was wrong... after that told my mum not to put so much liquor in my food... very low tolerance for alcohol...

MBB,
6kg not easy leh... i asked my mum yesterday if i lost weight then she never even look at me and said no... so upsetting. but my hb say got lose weight leh... who should i believe huh? i know! i shall only believe the weighing scale!! i had carried over weight from 1st preg... last few kgs the hardest to lose...

don't worry. you're not the only one who is afraid of looking at yourself in the mirror. at least i'm also like that. stomach damn flabby man! plus cannot exercise yet to get rid of the flabs worse... so wobbly... machiam jelly like that...

berry,
my girl having good appetite recently. making up for it coz when she was inside me, she so tiny. hahaha... mamy poko newborn 52pcs is 17+ i think. hb pays each time so i until now still not very sure of price for diapers and milk powder...

alot of you mummies very hardworking. use cloth diapers and wash. i use disposable day and night.

C F Chang,
Thanks for feedback regarding YLS catering! appreciate it so much. am glad it's going to be good food. i have about 40 pple turning up. order 30 enough or not huh?

mummies who stay in woodlands area,
which PD do you bring your bb? mine is currently in paragon. too far and inconvenient. any recommendations for PD in this area?

Hi Vanessa Lu,
my bb full mth actually fall on 8th. yup, as advise by frenz that the scalp near the foreheead is thin and is Jumping". look so sacry.

yup. but based on yr experience for yr no 1 and 2, did both of yr gar take those jab( + in 1 etc) too? me also ruan...

alabone
hee....sometimes i will beat my boy piku when he dun wan 2 slp & i m so deprived of slp.....there's once i even scream at him
sad.gif
feel so guilty

oh.....more then enough.....mine is ard 90pax, i ordered 75 pax & still ve leftover......btw, dun order the braised tofu & the celery with mushroom......my guests had bad comments :p & prawn with shell better dun order 2 cos people scare 2 get their fingers dirty so they dun really eat

afcai,
thats means now they have 6 in 1 jab already when i bring my girl theres only give me 3 in 1 and 5 in 1 package. dun have to pay any consultantion fee

yah cos amk ugraded the polyclinic thats why much ex, but their service are gd they quite fast when attending to my baby. with in half hour i finish everything.

chang,
i also almost screamed at her just now... guilty too.

thanks so much for feedback again. i ordered the braised tofu thing leh. shall change then. and also not order for so many pax. thanks again. any suggestions for change?

Hi alabone,
yup. my mum always placed 2 teaspoon (which I told her the amt to plc) when she cooked the meat+liver or pig tongue + ginger during the early wk of confinement. now I'm only consuming 2 dishes - veg and meat + cook with fried egg cum ginger with 2 teaspoons of DOM during my lunch. my mum also use DOM to steam black chicken soup for few hr. yup, taste not gd and funny. during dinner time, she also placed 2 teaspoon (I assumed) into the fish soup.

but if bolied the DOM or wine, the 'jiu jing' will be removed so shd not be any problem consuming it mah. my hubby also allegic to 'jiu' but if boil them, he will ok or rashes will appear.

did yr mum did not boil off the 'jiu jing' when cooking the dishes? or did she just cook the dishes then she poured the DOM/rice wine?

haa..my col who visit me said my face chubby liao. ai-yo...have not weight myself yet. even panties (using disaposable one) also need to wear L. told hubby to go and buy it as I reaslise that I cannot wear S size when I discharged fr hosptial.

Hi bobianah ,
wow, pamper premium brand seems to be much expensive. my gar also tried a few sample fr huggies, dryers (yet to try tough got sample), mammy poko and pamper premium (leftover fr hosptial). so far, hubby bought the pureen dry 5 at KKH - much cheaper than normal supermarket price. it cost $11.20 while supermarket like Giant sells $13.80 etc. my ger not suitable for mammy poko cos the sample she tried make her got nappy rash.

in the day, my mum let my gar wear nappy cloth. my gar really pee a lot man.....

Afcai,

Wau, u finished so much Dom ah!! I got 4-5 bottles from ppl, but all unopened.
Didn't drink that straight coz on TBF ma..

But I took liquer chocolates.. little bit of liquer only i think.

Ate laksa, everything liao lah.. else how to survive?

My BB uses J&J products, but that time got free Lactacid sample given to BB from antenatal class. The Lactacid is meant for Babies wan..

So far so good too I think. I got not prob so far with any bathing products he uses. (Or maybe got prob but I blur blur dunno..)

We shave all his hair lor.. most likely will shave again at 4th mth..

Hi Qianhui,
I also did not expect consuming so much DOM. I still have 3 bottles (recently ask whoever go overseas to buy 2 bottles for me and another one given by my brother in law) tough I told my mum to place in 2 teaspoons of DOM , dunno she got follow the instruction or not or if she place more than that. but when she cooked the steam black chicken with DOM, she really poured in a lot of it into the steam pot.

yup, cannot drink it straight as we are bf. that's why I kept reminding my mum that. same same, I also have free Latacid given during antenatal class but never use it.

alabone
hope our bbies not angry with their mummies
happy.gif

u re welcome....yah, call them up 2 change...oh...did u order the curry chk? heard is nice 2.....btw, i didnt get 2 eat anythg cos i 2 busy looking after my shao ye on dat day as i dun wan other people 2 carry him & pass him ard like a toy :p

Hi Catherine Wong,
hmm..when is the time when u bought yr gar to polyclinic for the jab. dunno leh, I called the nearest polyclinic at my plc, the operator said polyclinic do have 6 in 1.

afcai,
yup she boiled it. but i super sensitive to alcohol. when i worked in pub last time, also told customers i couldn't drink coz i get alcohol rashes.

my bb also using j and j products and so far so good.

how come you all got so many samples huh? my package don't have so many samples leh. so lousy... just asked my mum about my alcohol consumption. she told me i consumed 2 bottles of her wine already... wah... i didn't even realise... maybe that's why drink already then feed bb then she seh seh that's why can sleep. heehee...

Chang,
Welcome back, u can still build up ur milk ss, jus need to pump for another 5-10 mins after latch on, shld b able to c the result in a few days time.
happy.gif

MBB,
It's ok, I realise need step 2 receipt, so it's ok. Thks.
happy.gif

I also very sad on my weight, Tml I'm going to distribute cake but I still can't fit into my old jeans which I used to wear after delivery....
sad.gif

afcai,
PD is Paedtrician (sp?) The prices not much diff, so hb decide to go to PD for jab n assessment.
happy.gif

vanessa
REALLY????!!!!
ok, i will do it after my next feed thou i m normally 2 lazy 2 pump :p nwadays i oso use slow cooker 2 cook papaya fish soup & drink alotsa milo, horlicks....heehee hope all these helps

ladies
can i check with those who had c sect, do u encounter piles prob? mine is so bad dat i ve difficulty walking & sitting
sad.gif

vanessa,
i oso very ruan... think i will bring bb to polyclinic ask lor.. :p shall bring him to polyclinic for the jab on 12th or 15th lor..
happy.gif

MBB, vanessa, alabone,
me too.. still can't fit into the clothes i worn b4 preg... tt day took out a skirt to try.. supposed to be low waist one.. but i got to wear it until slightly below bust area den can zip up.. sian...
sad.gif

afcai,
huh.. 6-in-1 dun include hep B ah.. sian liao... getting really confused..
sad.gif

afcai,
Sorry, I blur blur, dunno what they take, not sure if it's 3-in-1 or 5-in-1 but definitely not 6-in-1.
happy.gif

Ladies,
For your info, Mammy poko having promotion in NTUC, but not sure if it incl. Size S, I've bought Size L for my no.2 and it's selling at $16+ but hor I saw Carrefour selling at $15.50.

My ger initially was on Mammy Poko but now I change to Pet Pet since she's ok with it. It's real cheap, S 46 for $7.80, at least would b so sdim tia if she keep pooing.
happy.gif

Hi alabone,
hmm oic even without the 'jiu jing', u also so senitive to alcohol.

u mean sample of diapers? yup, got it when attending free bb talk, antenal class and also fr mag when I sms it.

haa. maybe, bb really 'active' y'day. carry her fr 11pm and then 2am then slp. she woke up again at 250am for fd till 330am. then at 420am woke up again feed for 10 mins then slp. hai, she then woke up at 0700am again and fd for 20 mins sp again. so tiring...
she always like to do 'business' at midnight. she will struggle when cuddle. so my mum advised me not to carry her, place her on the bed and let her do her business quietly. when she done, she will struggle by kicking. if igorne for a while, she will then cry. so this way, we knew that she has already finished pooing.

chang,
ok, thanks for reminder, think everybody wanna go on saturday...i'll try to call and make appt tomoro...hopefully not too late and still hv slot!

abalone,
im same as u...take alcohol sure get red very fast...but not rashes...so i hv been taking Dom everynite b4 sleep...will feel face hot and red lor...but still tolerable.

Catherine,
6-in-1 bb will get fever ah...oh dear....will fever take long to go away??

afcai
i dun use cloth nappy...i lazy mommy
sad.gif
...so pampers premium v good...

qianhui
u just remind me...must eat laksa and char kway teow with see ham!!
happy.gif

afcai,
i brought her for jab during october last yr. maybe when u bring ur bb for jab u ask the nurses first. maybe now then they introduce 6 in 1 jab.

Vanessa,
i so sian these few days.. weigh on the weighing scale.. left tt few kilos which refuse to go off.. initially, i saw gd news everyday.. weight going down really fast.. den now reach bottle neck liao.. wonder when i will slim down.. but even if slim down till pre preg weight.. still not ideal weight.. got to shed a few more kilos i can reach my ideal weight... sian..
sad.gif

maybe tml u still got to wear ur preg jeans liao... me oso ren4 ming4 liao.. either i wear my giodarno rubber band pants or i wear my preg pants when i go out.. :p

bobianah,
u so fast start eating see ham liao ah?? me still cannot leh.. my mom want me to observe 100 days rule for seafood.. so see ham is out until april... sian...
sad.gif

bobianah,
got to depend on ur baby some won't get some will. so far heard some took 6 in 1 got fever. they will give medicine for bb incase fever.
mine ger never get. "touch wood" and 5 in 1 so far never heard any bb got fever.

i think it take about 1-2 days to recover from fever. depend on ur bb. remember to let ur bb drink more plain water.

bobianah
BF can drink dom (without cooking) & see ham ah??? although my milk ss low but i still scare....so dun dare 2 eat or drink

Hi Shihui,
got reply fr one of the mummy in Nov thread that the diff betw 6 in 1 and 5 in 1 is the Hep B(2nd dose). she has signing up a pacage at private clinic for 6 in 1 jab.

yup, this incldue hep b for 6 in 1.

Shihui,
The problem is preg pants are ulgy at the top so need some long top to cover the top portion, but my nursing wear r all short one... then v ulgy.
sad.gif

afcai,
I think cps last year in Jul/Aug, 6-in-1 still not popular yet, jus introduce to the market, hence I wasn't aware.
Btw, if 6-in-1 incl. Hep B, 1st mth we only need to inject Hep B n the rest not so early, so if opting for 6-in-1, do we still need to go for jab at 1 mth?

Hi bobianah,
I already dun prefer to use nappy cloth. but my mum want to use saying that it is much more airy for bb and reduce nappy rashes.

shihui,
after reading what u said i laughed! coz was trying to imagine you wearing a skirt just below bust. same here! got exactly same prob. so funny thinking abt it now.

vanessa,
my boy also using pet pet for day and using mamy poko for night. cheap and good. but can only last my boy 2 hours. after that his pee will leak.

am now totally confused abt the 5in1 and 6in1 jabs. will just leave it to PD to tell us what to do then. but very ex lah. make us poor only...

vanessa,
i also die die want to squeeze into my pre preg clothes. pull until so high like some toot toot. then cannot zip i put rubber band and tie together. refuse to wear pregnancy jeans. only will wear those linen pants kind. then not so ugly. hate the after giving birth part. esp pple who don't know come ask if i pregnant. so feel like punching them. [angry]

Hi Vanessa Lu,
oic. that's why catherine wong mentioned that she dun heard abt 6 in 1 jab fr polyclinic. ppls said by choosing 6 in 1 more prompt to fever.

I also 'ruan'. when hubby asked polyclinic few wk ago when bb went for her jaunice test, the nurse said take Hep b first then later doc will tell u more.

yes, by opting for 6 in 1 jab, one dun need to go for hep b for ist mth.

chang, shihui
Dom (or coffee) drink either immediately after BF or at nite b4 sleep is ok. Cos by the next feed, won't be present in BM oredi. That's what i read. Last time i visit Dr Ong and ask him if there's any food to abstain from, he said no more...can go ahead eat sashimi, drink coffee etc. Im not observing the 100 days no seafood, so, shd be ok cos start eating seafood oredi.

Catherine,
thanks! I hope my bb won't get fever oso. *fingers crossed*

btw ladies,
lately my bb sometimes drink milk halfway will fuss, gek and cry. Does anybody's bb do same thing? Any idea why? I changed her, hold her same way to feed her, use same milk bottle, yet still lidat...i can't figure out wat's bothering her...
sad.gif

shihui, vanessa, abalone
i hv put on so much weight i think i still hv like 10kg to lose...
sad.gif
i still dare not try my pre-preg clothes except those wear at home type. I hv been wearing stretchable pants and tops that i wore during the early stage of preggie when i go out. I can wear my wedding ring, but my engagement ring is tight. My feet swelling completely gone after my MIL massage for 3-4days. So, the only pre-preg things i can wear are my SHOES!
happy.gif

abalone
i like the pampers premium cos it is the only one so far that dun leak urine or poo so easily...

bobianah,
same. my bb too. fuss and kick around and turn head here and there and let out single cries. then gek until face red red and furrow her brows. i don't care. just continue to feed her. she finish feeding then okie liao.

Back