Support group - Miscarriages

Good morning gals!

I have a super long weekend, so I am happy today.. despite it being a Monday.
happy.gif

I bought a thermos flask on Friday. I have decided to try and bring lunch to work from now on till delivery. The glucose level at lunch time is not as ideal as it should be and dietitian and doc says that it could be due to the MSG and sugar used in the hawker cooking. Today, my mum made frog leg porridge using the slow cooking pot. It looked delicious. Hope I don't get bored with home cooked food!

Odie, glad to hear that your visit went well!
happy.gif
Keep it up gal!

Ok gals, I need to go catch up on my office mail first.
happy.gif
Talk to you gals later!

folic

Good morning gals,
228527.gif

I am very tired and sleepy.
228528.gif
Attended 1 christmas party and 1 wedding dinner over the weekend. Slept very little.....I need my bed now..........
228529.gif

Odie,
Isn't it great to see your BB waving at you??
228530.gif
Really feel so happy for you. Cheers!!!
228531.gif

hi folic & Odie,
glad to hear dat ur visit to gynae was fruitful...
happy.gif
happy for both of U...

hi tiantian,
wow... ur x'mas celebration sure starts early huh?? i hvnt' even done a single x'mas shopping.. my nephew is hinting dat his x'mas tree looks veri empty... ;p

gals,
i dint loggin since last thurs cos i was on bedrest... had a bad fright last thurs afternoon.. i was spotting dark brown... was at home when it happened... somehow, seeing my lil' one wif heartbeat last mon made me more 'zai'... i gave myself bedrest for 2 whole days... faithfully took my pills & went to see my own gynae on Sat... spotting cleared off completely... everything is fine.. gynae gave me a jab as well... i am back to work today.. will take extra careful to take care of myself..

gals...
can i ask something... the scan taken on sat.. i think the screen is not veri clear... but hubby, gynae & I can clearly see the flickering heartbeat... but i was disturbed by the shape of my sac... it's oval in shape... i dunno whether is it becos i dun hv a full bladder when doing the scan dat affected dis... but i'm quite disturbed... gynae dint say anything abt dis... i dunno whether i shd be concerned abt the shape of the sac.... hhmm....

Hi everybody,
Hope your weekend is an njoyable one!

Hamasaki, Odie,
Thank you very much for your advice...I'm less pessimistic now. Slowly coping well with my emotions now :)

Tubby,
Glad that you're fine :) Please don't worry too much ok? I can understand how you feel, but if u worry too much, it may affect your mood & baby can feel that mummy is worried. So stay cool. If you still feel uneasy, it's best to call up gynae & check with him. I think with his assurance, you'll feel much better, isn't it?

My hubby & I are planning to try for another bb after Chinese New Year. Hope I've good news for everyone next year. Keep my fingers cross!

Hi ladies

Glad to hear all the MTBs are getting on fine!Tubby, can see the heartbeat flickering should be ok, don't give yrself pressure. If its nt right, yr gynae will say something or u do not feel safe give him or her a ring!

Last wkend went to my in law's place, she keeps signalling to me that its time for me to have a baby & tell me who & who went to see Sinseh have babies etc
I nearly wanted to tell her I have m/c not I cannot have baby
sad.gif

Positiveme,
I can understand how u feel now...perhaps u can ask your hubby to help talk to your MIL (mum-in-law). Easy than for us to talk.

My MIL & I also not on good terms. We never quarrel or argue, juz that I can't tolerate her nagging. When I juz gave birth to my gal 2 yrs ago, she visited me at my mum's place (I was doing confinement at my mum's place), MIL saw me lying on the bed, resting, walked into my room & told me not to sleep & rest too much during confinement. Even my mum also said MIL is ridiculous. Then this time I had m/c, was doing a mini confinement at my mum's place again, MIL visited me & told me the same thing! I was already so depressed then & she told me not to sleep & rest so much. Asked me since what time I had been lying on bed etc. Sigh...very problematic.

Oops sorry, I think I'm carried away cos I've tonnes of unhappiness with MIL. But I shld stop here. Cos others may not like to hear me talking on this issue.

hi tubby,
Don't worry too much. If your gynae did not say anything, I'm sure its not a cause for concern. I remember my sac is like a bean shape, but it expands very fast, so the next time I saw it, it looks irregular shape. Just continue to talk to your bb, ask "it" to eat well, grow well and sleep well. In the meantime, dun over exert yourself and try to rest as much as possible.

Hi Tubby

Glad that the dark brown spotting stopped. What's the shape of the sac supposed to be? Round or wat? I cannot recal how my sac look like the last time. If u really feel disturbed by its shape, maybe u can call your gynae to check again?? Don't think so much, ok??

hi Sum, Positiveme, java & tiantian,
thks for ur encouragement... i jus went to view a few ultrasounds pics over the internet & most of it looks like mine... oval or long-ish... in fact, none dat i saw is in prefect circle shape...
i think i am over-paranoid lah... cos the last time i m/c, the gynae dat broke the bad news to me actually told me dat my waterbag for dat pregnancy is not a good shape... i was too distraught to ask him wat he meant back then... so all dis while, i tot waterbag must be in nice & round circle... i am thinking too much again!! ok ok... will not think abt it anymore...

my gynae gave me a nickname: the 'kan-cheong' one.. so paiseh... cos hor, i paged her on fri nite to request to see her on Sat... when she returned call, she recognized who i am & said 'oohh... u r dat 'kan-cheong' one... but i'm not angry wif her... she has been quite encouraging all dis while...
happy.gif

Haha tubby!
happy.gif
I can almost visualise your gynae's expression when she talked to you and call you the gan cheong one. Yah.. glad you realised that waterbag is not nice and round one.. it is usually longish, cos the baby is not one round ball mah
happy.gif

I just did my glucose reading. Glad to report that it is ok after eating home cooked food. Makes the effort to cook and bring food to work more worth it!
happy.gif

folic

hi tubby,
Ai yah u r not the only paranoid one here. I also very kan cheong spider one. Still remember I told you all I ask the gynae many questions like "Heartrate ok or not?", "water level enough or not?", then she also give me a shocked look, like as if I insult her professionalism! But your gynae will have to understand that the reason for your kan cheong-ness is becos of a previous bad experience. So relax....breathe in.....breathe out.

hi folic,
so nice, u got ur mum to cook for you. That's the benefit of staying with your parents.

hey folic,

so bad.. luff at me... but thks for reassuring me on the waterbag shape...
happy.gif

wow... dat means outside cooked food is really not healthy leh... now u make me think of ur frog leg porridge... my stomach is growling a lil'...

oh gals,
yesterday, i decided to announce the presence of my lil' one to my family... so i told my 5-yr old nephew dat i hv a small bb in my tummy... i think he understood it well... cos he told me his mummy (my elder sis) has 2 bbs in her tummy...
happy.gif
yes.. my sis is expecting twins..
happy.gif
i left my mum's plc to go MIL's hse & a few hrs later.. my sis called me to confirm the good news...
happy.gif
i am quite excited to go home later to see their expressions... & i think my mum will chide me for not telling them earlier... haha... ;p

Tubby,
I'm so happy for u!! I'm sure your family will be extremely delighted! Right now, be optimistic, never think wild, listen to soothe calming music. Eat healthy & stay healthy...njoy your pregnancy!!

Hi all,
Just a short update on my visit on Sat.

The gynae says the sugar level in my urine rather high but she says not be alarmed because it could be due to the breakfast that I ate that morning. But just have to monitor the kind of food intake lah.

Before the v-scan, as I walked into her room, she asked me why I look so miserable! I told her because I'm worried. Then she say it's understandable that I'm worried.. because of the bad experience I've had. But she told me not to worry, just be happy..... because when the bb arrive, I'll have even more things to handle than this. Rather comforting huh!!
happy.gif

Well, I put on another kg of weight and my precious now measure approx 1.14cm... now I'm 7weeks plus 1 day on that Sat's visit. I also managed to hear the heartbeat.. for the first time... So overjoyed and relieved leh!!!
228781.gif

Nonetheless, my gynae still gives me another progesterone jab. Also additional supply of duphaston pills. Hope all will be ok!!
happy.gif
Will be seeing her again next Sat (18 Dec 04)

Tubby,
Read your post earlier, gave me a fright too when read about your dark brown discharge. Did you ask the gynae why so? I'm sure there should have an explanation to it one right?

In the meantime, you must rest well ok. I'm telling myself to relax my mind everyday now since my visit last sat. Ha! You too lor! Ok!
happy.gif

Hi Odie,
Good to know that your checkup went well. All the best also as you are approaching your 2nd tri. Jia You Jia You!! Yeah!!
228782.gif

Tubby,
happy.gif
just want you to relax lah.. don want you to become paranoid. I know it is tough and I have my down days also.. but we must all try to relax ok?

Miao, glad to hear that your visit went well. Just continue to monitor what you eat. I also have high sugar in my urine once, but in the last visit, it was back to normal again. If you need help with diabetic diet, feel free to PM me.

folic

Hi Miao2,
So happy that your checkup went well. It must be great hearing the heartbeat, isn't it???? Rest well and take care. Cheers.

take gd care tubby. glad that yr spooting has stopped.. rest completely..

positiveme, i'm sorry to hear of what yr in-laws said.. its indeed a bit hurtful i felt.. pls take care and i'm sure soon u will have yr own little one.. dun bother too much of what she said.. Rest well is the key..
maybe u can talk to her or hint her a bit.. hope she undertsnad what u mean..

sad to hear of what yr mil said to u Sum.. she is a bit unfeeling woman.. how can she asked u not to rest.. forget abt what she said..
take care gal..

hi miao, glad to hear that everything is fine with u and baby.. jus continue to monitor yr sugar intake..

rest well gal..

hi miao and tubby

rest well and have a great pregnancy.

My AF came on on Sat, 14DPO. Was rather hopeful coz temp remained high above coverline till 14DPO. So I tested but it was negative, AF came soon after. Will try again next cycle. Wanted to ask you guys, it doesn't mean that you will necessary conceive if you BD near/on ovulation day? For the prvious pregnancy, I was pregnant on the 1st cycle of temping, so I thought chances are high as long as you BD around ovulation.

hi white floral, maybe u can test it again after a few days later..

i got pregnate juz after my period. i was in a shock coz i thought that i should ovulate somewhere 2 weeks before my next period.. never did i expect that i ovulate so soon..

Hamasaki,
Thanks. MIL is not understanding. I trying hard to ignore all her comments on me & my daughter now.

Miao2,
So happy that your little one is doing fine. Take good care!

hi whitefloral,
Its always like that. When you BD without expectations, the chances of conceiving is higher. Now that you are trying again after a lost, its important to remain a relax attitude. Yes, its not a bulls eye kinda of thing that you can get pregnant when u BD near/on O day. You know how I got pregnant the first time round? We didn't even have penetrative sex and I strike toto liao. I still remember telling the doc not to test me for pregnancy, coz its impossible as my hymen is still intact! hahhaa, then the doc told me that sperms can still swim through the pores of the hymen. That's why I only discovered I was pregnant 4 mths later.

hey miaomiao,
glad to hear from u... congratz on hearing ur lil' one's heartbeat... sounds so soothing & nice isn't it? my hubby dint get to hear it last Sat.. i must remember to ask gynae to ON the speaker dis Sat...

happy for u day u got a caring gynae...meanwhile, we must remain positive for our lil' ones... of cos lah.. not so easy... but we MUST TRY... let's JIA YOU each other here... *hugz*

hi whitefloral,
i think RELAX is really the keyword in TTC... chances is of cos higher when we TTC near to our O-day, but it doesn't mean dat we'll be preggie.. i think Heaven really has way of deciding when is the best time for us to be parents... wish u all the best in ur nix TTC attempt k? JIA YOU!!
happy.gif

Hello! Sorry for the extended silence, and congrats to the new preggies!
happy.gif
I just went to see the gynae yesterday to check that everything is in order, and am glad to report that everything is fine! So I will be starting my ttc journey now. Blow some babydust my way please!
happy.gif

Hi ladies

May I know after mc what are the tests that I should go for to prevent another mc?
My gynae asks me to go back six months later & I forget to ask him when can I tcc again
I have gone for blood tests for myself nw waiting for results.

Hi Jujube
Wht did you check for?
I need some advise
Good luck to yr tcc journey

Hi Positiveme, thanks! The gynae took a swab of cervical fluid to check that there is no bacteria or infection, checked my ovaries to see if they are fine, and looked at my uterus - no growths, no fibroids, everything clear and lining in place. And told me to continue having sex 2-3 times a week!
happy.gif

hi sum, welcome.. its really a sad thing if loved ones dun understand our situation..

really pray hard for u that things will change for the better asap..

hi gals, have been busy clearing work. will be flying off tomorrow nite. very excited. will work tomorrow though...save one day's leave. hee...will come in and chat if i have time. or else, 'see' you when i return fr the trip.

tubby and miao miao, glad that your checkup went well. tubby, don't worry yah. it's normal to be kan cheong
happy.gif
relax and take care and look forward to seeing your baby again!
happy.gif

positiveme and sum, mil can be difficult right? my mil 'ignore' me when i m/c. 1st time, she just commented 'bo pian'. 2nd time and 3rd time, she simply said 'so unlucky...again!'. never ask how i am. think she can't be bothered. guess i am lucky she doesn't pressure me but yet, it can be quite hurting by her reaction.

positiveme, i had the same check as jujube plus blood tests (to see if there's any abnormality in our blood that does not accept the foetus). the gynae would know what blood tests to take.

folic,

did you try turkish bath when u went there last time? is it good? quite expensive. tour agency told me that it costs USD 35!

gals, can i go sauna during ttc? will it kill the sperms trying to swim towards goal? or harm the fertilised egg?

Hamasaki,
Thank you.

millie ang,
Thanks for sharing. Yes, MIL is indeed difficult. But I know some MILs are very good. Mine is juz opposite, fr day 1 already dun like me...cos my hubby is her favourite son. She always think I 'snatch' her favourite son away. Initially I tried hard to please her etc...but no improvement. Now almost 6 yrs liao, I also dun wan2 try pleasing her anymore. So tired.

Sorry I start again...stop here now.

Hi Millie,

hope you get to read this before you fly off tonite. I did not try turkish bath cos I had an impression that it is more for guys and it is guys who are scrubbing the bathers..:p I might be wrong though. HOpe you enjoy your trip! I think it should be ok to do Suana during TTC.
happy.gif
Just don't steam yourself for too long ok?
happy.gif

folic

Hi Jujube

My gynae only took blood & urine test for me, he didn't check the cervical fluid & didn't scan anything for me so I have to request that to be done, really wonder why he didn't do a further check on me??

Hi Millie
So envy you can go tour!
Feel v much like going after this m/c just my hubby too busy to go with me
sad.gif

At least yr in-laws didn't pressure you, but in law is ok bt she will hint hint :p & I try to act as blur as possible (HA HA HA)

So you also check the cervical fluid Plus all the scans? Should I self request, me going to send my hubby's sperm specimen for testing this weekend.

That time my gf told me guys nt advisable to go sauna or jaccuzi as the sperms will be destroyed...gals should be fine i think
bt just go for a short while don't stay too long inside
happy.gif

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy

Hi Sum
So sad your in law is jealous type
Just continue to treat her nice, one day she will realise she didn't lose her son but have one more daughter
happy.gif

Hello Jujube,
Welcome back. All the best to your TTC journey. Let's jia you together.

Millie,
Enjoy the trip and bring back a "made in turkey" bb ok?

Sum,
Most MIL are like that. Just have to "kan kai" lor.

Gals, I failed again this month. AF was one week early again. I am going back to my sinseh and ask her why my AF became so haywire....haiz, so difficult to plan now......

Hi Tian Tian

My ovaluation period also difficult to catch but I try to use the ovaluation kit & it works
so you can use that to help you so as not too stressful for you

Wah this morning so many postings!

Hi jujube,
Eh miss u leh, never come in for so long. Baby dust to you!

hi tiantian,
Dun be disheartened. Hopefully your sinseh can give u some herbs to prolong your post ovulation period.

Yesterday an ex-colleague of mine told me that she just discovered she is pregnant. As the gynae she wants to see is on leave until 20th Dec. So she ask me if its alright to wait. Sometimes I feel quite apprehensive giving advice to frens who are first-time pregnant, coz I dun wan to frighten them with the possible pregnancy complications. Its best to preserve their "innocence" so that they can have a stress-free pregnancy. She is so excited abt her pregnancy and knows nothing abt complications. I also hope she will have a complications-free pregnancy.

ok back to work liao. Today must do battle with my ge kiang colleague. Always arrow me with work.

hey jujube,
happy to hear dat u've been given the all-clear to TTC... *blow a truckload of bb-dust* to U...
happy.gif

hallo millie...
enjoy ur Turkish experience... take some nice scenary shots for us to drool k? regarding ur concern, i read b4 dat it's not advisable to take long hot bath... jus short dips will be fine.. i think for sauna, mabbe the same rules apply... for ur hubby, mabbe not advisable to go for both, cos hot temps r not ideal for spermies...

hi tiantian,
hope dat ur sinseh will be able to advise u on ur early AF... u mean now ur cycle is 3 weeks? mabbe u can start ur bb-dancing immediately after ur AF clears...
happy.gif
good luck...

hey java,
i think hor, as long as she feels physically well, it's ok to wait til 20th Dec... unless, *touchwood*, she call u & tell u she sense someting wrong, then u advise her to see a gynae right away... i hope she has a stress-free pregnancy as well...
happy.gif

hi tian tian, dun be sad, i hope yr gyane will be able to tell U and advise u on why yr AF came so early now..

Wish U success..

Hi Tubby and hamasaki,
Ya, my cycle this month is only 24 days and last month was 25 days. It has becomes shorter and shorter. Maybe the chinese herbs over "tiao li". Will check with the sinseh tomorrow.

Java,
Like wat Tubby says, if your friend don't feel physically unwell, then it is ok to wait until her gynae comes back.

Positiveme, tiantian,
Thank you.

tiantian,
pls dun feel disappointed. I think...maybe if u stop all the ovulation test, mth counting, temperature monitoring etc....juz feel relax & w/o pressure and bingo....you may have good news. I dunno...this is juz my opinion...cos I think sometimes it's rather stressful mentally that you've to monitor all these... Juz forget abt everything & try it, it may work...who knows?

Tiantian, when I was trying to conceive my first baby, I also experienced very short cycles. I had very long cycles, so I went to see the gynae. Then she ask me to take folic acid. The first month, it was 26 days and the second time it was 22. Then, on the third mth, it became 32 days and that was the cycle I got preg. Maybe your body is adjusting!

jujube, Good luck! I hope your TTC journey is a short one!

Gotta run.. talk later!

folic

halow ULN, welcome U back to S'pore.. So how's yr wedding preparation coming along.. its everything almost done yet..

Thanks Tubby!
happy.gif

Hi Tian Tian, yes, let's jia you together!
happy.gif

Hi Java, I am so glad you guys still remember me! Trying to sneak in as much as I can at work!
happy.gif

Thanks Folic! I have long cycles, so it's going to be a wait-and-see... but will enjoy the process anyway! ;)

Morning gals,
Did u all read yesterday's Life section "A mother never forgets"? It was an excerpt from the book "Dear America", its abt this mother who lost her 21 yr old son from the Vietnamese War. Very touching letter until I cry while reading it....

ok back to work now...

Hi Hamasaki,
Thanks. I am still busy getting things done for the wedding and the love nest. I am getting a bit stressed up now. I will be having one buffet dinner and another usual 9 course dinner. Just sent my wedding cards for printing and will get the inserts back this weekend and start writing the guests' names. Lucky my mum understanding, so no need me to go to Penang to give out invitations cos I got no time for that... I design and print my own wedding cards
happy.gif
not using hotel's one. Now preparing the shopping lists for guo da li and an chuang and wedding day. I gonna select a new wedding gown for my AD which is scheduled to be next week. Just found a bridesmaid yesterday
happy.gif
. Jie Mei haven't thought of who yet.

Last nite I saw a program on Channel U discussing about whether to have caesaerean or not. Did you gals see it? I saw at the later part and did not pay much attention to it... Seeing all these having babies programs make me feel quite sad for myself and reminds me that I lost mine...
sad.gif

I got one question...

Any of you experience pimples outbreak after miscarriage? I am having more and more pimples nowadays. I dunno is it becos I am stressed or becos of my hormones adjustment after the miscarriage...

hi ULN, wow, yr wedding preparations still got so much things not really done yet.. so super stress i can understand that coz i ever been through it before.. i was the one doing most of the work except the GUO DA LI thing.. my in-laws and my mum helped me with it, while i do the others..

yr mum is understanding in not asking u to send the invitations cards to Penang if not, i believe u will break down..

Jie Mei can ask yr siblings if u have any and get a few good friends of yrs to help out..

izzit there a program on Channel U last nite discussing abt the c-section thing.. mi miss the show..

Hi gals,

I am looking forward to not working again tomorrow. I will be going to Pontian, a small town about an hour away. My husband wants to go there to eat wanton mee.
happy.gif

ULN, I did watch that program but nothing much that had not been said before. Anyway, I thnk it is normal not wanting to watch such programs. I couldnt bring myself to watch those programs either.. even when I am pregnant again. Enjoy your wedding preparation!
happy.gif

jujube, long cycles doesnt mean no hope.. Get inspiration from me
happy.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

folic

hi

came across an article, for your reading. A bit long though.

<font color="0000ff">When u Divorce Me, Carry Me Out in Your Arms</font>

On my wedding day, I carried my wife in my arms. The bridal car stopped in front of our one-room flat. My buddies insisted that I carry her out of the car in my arms. So I carried her into our home. She was then plump and shy. I was a strong and happy bridegroom.

This was the scene of ten years ago.

The following days were as simple as a cup of pure water: we had a kid, I went into business and tried to make more money. When the assets were steadily increasing, the affections between us seemed to ebb. She was a civil servant. Every morning we left home together and got home almost at the same time. Our kid was studying in a boarding school.

Our marriage life seemed to be enviably happy. But the calm life was more likely to be affected by unpredictable changes.

Dew came into my life.

It was a sunny day. I stood on a spacious balcony. Dew hugged me from behind. My heart once again was immersed in her stream of love. This was the apartment I bought for her.

Dew said, You are the kind of man who best draws girls eyeballs.

Her words suddenly reminded me of my wife. When we just married, my wife said, Men like you, once successful, will be very attractive to girls.

Thinking of this, I became somewhat hesitant. I knew I had betrayed my wife. But I couldn't help doing so.

I moved Dew's hands aside and said, You go to select some furniture, O.K.? I've got something to do in the company. Obviously she was unhappy, because I had promised her to go and see with her. At the moment, the idea of divorce became clearer in my mind although it used to be something impossible to me.

However, I found it rather difficult to tell my wife about it. No matter how mildly I mentioned it to her, she would be deeply hurt. Honestly, she was a good wife. Every evening she was busy preparing dinner. I was sitting in front of the TV. The dinner was ready soon. Then we watched TV together. Or, I was lounging before the computer, visualizing Dew s body. This was the means of my entertainment.

One day I said to her in a slight joking way, suppose we divorce, what will you do? She stared at me for a few seconds without a word. Apparently she believed that divorce was something too far away from her. I couldn't imagine how she would react once she got to know I was serious.

When my wife went to my office, Dew had just stepped out. Almost all the staff looked at my wife with a sympathetic eye and tried to hide something while talking with her. She seemed to have got some hint. She gently smiled at my subordinates. But I read some hurt in her eyes.

Once again, Dew said to me, He Ning, divorce her, O.K.? Then we live together. I nodded. I knew I could not hesitate any more.

When my wife served the last dish, I held her hand. I've got something to tell you, I said.

She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want to divorce. I raised a serious topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be much annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? . I'm serious. I avoided her question. This so-called answer turned her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man!

At that night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer, because my heart had gone to Dew.

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. I felt a pain in my heart. The woman who had been living ten years with me would become a stranger one day. But I could not take back what I had said.

Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release.

The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer.

A late night, I came back home after entertaining my clients. I saw her writing something at the table. I fell asleep fast. When I woke up, I found she was still there. I turned over and was asleep again.

She brought up her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but I was supposed to give her one month's time before divorce, and in the month's time we must live as normal life as possible. Her reason was simple: our son would finish his summer vacation a month later and she didn't want him to see our marriage was broken.

She passed me the agreement she drafted, and then asked me, He Ning, do you still remember how I entered our bridal room on the wedding day? This question suddenly brought back all those wonderful memories to me.

I nodded and said, I remember . You carried me in your arms, she continued, so, I have a requirement, that is, you carry me out in your arms on the day when we divorce. From now to the end of this month, you must carry me out from the bedroom to the door every morning.

I accepted with a smile. I knew she missed those sweet days and wished to end her marriage with a romantic form.

I told Dew about my wife's divorce conditions. She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she does, she has to face the result of divorce, she said scornfully. Her words more or less made me feel uncomfortable.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. We even treated each other as a stranger.

So when I carried her out for the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mummy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly, Let us start from today, don t tell our son.

I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for bus, I drove to office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. We were so close that I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this intimate woman carefully for a long time. I found she was not young any more. There were some fine wrinkles on her face.

On the third day, she whispered to me, The outside garden is being demolished. Be careful when you pass there.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I seemed to feel that we were still an intimate couple and I was holding my sweetheart in my arms. The visualization of Dew became vaguer.

On the fifth and sixth day, she kept reminding me something, such as, where she put the ironed shirts, I should be careful while cooking, etc. I nodded. The sense of intimacy was even stronger.

I didn't tell Dew about this.

I felt it was easier to carry her. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger. I said to her, "It seems not difficult to carry you now."

She was picking her dresses. I was waiting to carry her out. She tried quite a few but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, All my dresses have grown fatter. I smiled. But I suddenly realized that it was because she was thinner that I could carry her more easily, not because I was stronger. I knew she had buried all the bitterness in her heart. Again, I felt a sense of pain. Subconsciously I reached out a hand to touch her head.

Our son came in at the moment. Dad, it s time to carry mum out. He said. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had been an essential part of his life. She gestured our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face because I was afraid I would change my mind at the last minute. I held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly, as if we came back to our wedding day. But her much lighter weight made me sad.

On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. She said, Actually I hope you will hold me in your arms until we are old.

I held her tightly and said, Both you and I didn't notice that our life was lack of such intimacy.

jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my decision. I walked upstairs. Dew opened the door. I said to her, Sorry, Dew, I won't divorce. I'm serious.

She looked at me, astonished. The she touched my forehead. You got no fever. She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Dew, I said, I can only say sorry to you, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of life, not because we didn't love each other any more. Now I understand that since I carried her into the home, she gave birth to our child, I am supposed to hold her until I am old. So I have to say sorry to you.

Dew seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into cry. I walked downstairs and drove to the office.

When I passed the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet for my wife which was her favorite. The salesgirl asked me to write the greeting words on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until we are old.

Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, it is the realization of how much you already have.

Back