Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Potatolover18,

may i ask if its your first miscarriage? and what your doc suggests?

my doc suggested medication so as not to hurt my womb thru d&c as there is risk albeit small and its my first miscarriage, and at 7 weeks. d&c is more straightforward than medication. but it also depends on how far you are along.

either way is fine if it can fit into your schedule too. medication better if you are wfh or able to stay at home. if not, it can get alil messy for the first few days with the bleeding

most importantly, take care of your body after the procedure. have a good rest. jiayou!
Hi Merrymirry,
It’s my first miscarriage and i’m 8 weeks along. My doc seems to prefer medication. Wondering how long it will take after medication to clear, and will the bleeding be a lot? Thanks and let’s jiayou together!

How long do you ladies take after a miscarriage to get pregnant again? I tried for this baby for more than 2 years, conceived naturally before I start my 2nd IVF so was quite upset

Hi, I took 2 weeks of post-miscarriage aka 小月子餐 with yuezile confinement catering.
Tbh I feel 1 week should be enough. At 1.5 weeks I am already tired of it and the amount of soup and rice is quite a lot.

Hello.

Hello, yeah agree. Always struggle to finish the soup while the rice i usually will just take few mouths.. abit wasted lar..maybe better with just 1 confinement meal a day but I was unable to find one that caters for just 7 days

Agree to both. I ordered 14 days lunch. Ate it for both lunch and dinner cause the portions are huge. Also the amount of herbs I'm taking to "pu" is making me feel heaty hearing day 9.

Hi I am new here happy to found this group.

I just had a miscarriage on mid-of March which baby in 9.5 weeks but stop growing since 8 weeks old and no more heartbeat.

Kkh doctor asked my to wait the embryo will come out naturally bcoz this is 自然淘汰法则.Afterthat I waited for two weeks there is no symptoms, and it is hard for me to focus as I am working with young children. So I went to doctor to ask for pills to endure. The pills put inside vaginal. The embryo came out the next day.

Doctor did regular check-up weekly and let me do blood test for HCG few times. the HCG stop dropping after third week of miscarriage. And then Doctor gave me one week Moxiclay( antibiotic).HCG’s level still high.After long weekend then i just had a D&C today.

A lot of pp told me that the doctor drag too long. Found out the embryo no heartbeat since mid of March until now May. It is not good for my body. The doctor no good should let me have D&C earlier why delay it so long.

I am just wondering other doctor drag it so long also? Can anyone share your experience? Thank you!

It's mother's day today and I am having my 3rd miscarriage in a row. Not sure what went wrong again. Was it because I did aerobics exercise or mopped the floor? First time lasted 8 weeks, 2nd and 3rd time only 5, 6 weeks. Been having menstrual cramps for the last 2 preganancy like everyday

Read online that if u have 3 or more miscarriage in a row it is called recurrent. Anyone successfully managed to have a baby even after 3 miscarriages? I believe if I ask my gynae he would just say the reason is unknown and the one way is to try and try and no point doing those tests.

also do you all make an appointment to see gynae to ensure all material has been cleared after miscarriage? Last 2 miscarriage feels like menses, just that the cramp is more painful.

Read online that if u have 3 or more miscarriage in a row it is called recurrent. Anyone successfully managed to have a baby even after 3 miscarriages? I believe if I ask my gynae he would just say the reason is unknown and the one way is to try and try and no point doing those tests.

also do you all make an appointment to see gynae to ensure all material has been cleared after miscarriage? Last 2 miscarriage feels like menses, just that the cramp is more painful.

I think is depend on age? If u are older , higher chances of miscarriage or Down syndrome due to chromosomes abnormalities, so ya u can do chromosomes test on yourself , the test is called karotyping test, but sometimes mostly will come back normal, so just try and try unless u can find the root of problem

Last edited:

I’ve had 2 miscarriages, KKH told me if there’s a 3rd time, collect the discharge and send to another department, if I’m not wrong it’s high risk dept so they can test it out. Perhaps u can ask if your gynae can test the discharge and find out the reason?

My gynae did 3 blood tests for me. Antinuclear antibodies positive. my next visit is 3 months time. Does anyone know what should I do with a positive ANA test?

Kate Pang also miscarriage a few times and then successful in the end ?

Hello all, glad to have found this group for support.

I recently just had a stillbirth at 32 weeks. It happened so suddenly and to go through cremation plans in the delivery ward was really something I never expected... So far, tests have come back inconclusive, so no known reason why it happened. I guess my hubs and I found some peace when we saw her peaceful sleeping face and got to cuddle her.

I'm currently still doing my 28days confinement. Sucks to be stucked at home with no baby, but I'm doing it because I want to make my body strong before I try again. I can't wait for the doctor's review in a few weeks time so I can ask if there's any issue with me which led to the stillbirth, and also when we can try again.

Though I had a #1 and this second pregnancy, it wasn't easy because my period was too irregular. Somehow, I didn't have period (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) and it was hard to TTC without knowing my cycle.

Just praying for faith and miracles to happen for all of us who need some hope.

Hello, i recently had a missed miscarriage and i'm wondering if KKH sub does gender testing if i do a D&C. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Hello all, glad to have found this group for support.

I recently just had a stillbirth at 32 weeks. It happened so suddenly and to go through cremation plans in the delivery ward was really something I never expected... So far, tests have come back inconclusive, so no known reason why it happened. I guess my hubs and I found some peace when we saw her peaceful sleeping face and got to cuddle her.

I'm currently still doing my 28days confinement. Sucks to be stucked at home with no baby, but I'm doing it because I want to make my body strong before I try again. I can't wait for the doctor's review in a few weeks time so I can ask if there's any issue with me which led to the stillbirth, and also when we can try again.

Though I had a #1 and this second pregnancy, it wasn't easy because my period was too irregular. Somehow, I didn't have period (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) and it was hard to TTC without knowing my cycle.

Just praying for faith and miracles to happen for all of us who need some hope.

Hi @Jovi_faith, im so sorry for your lost. I hope you are fine now. I had a similar experience like you a few months back in June. It was my 1st pregnancy. I lost my daughter at week 32 without reason. All the while, the routine check-up has been normal and it's uneventful pregnancy. On week 30, I felt my baby didnt kick much but I did not go to the clinic due to work. Also, i didnt expect something is wrong. When we went to the routine check-up at week 31, doc announced that my daughter heartbeat has stopped. Out of sudden, we just lost our baby girl without reason. We were so shocked and upset. I had to deliver my baby in KKH vaginally via induce. After a few months, the postmortem report shows that my placenta weight is abnormally small. Doc explained this could be the reason. Doc also advised to take aspirin in future pregnancy. Did you do postmortem to find out the reason? Did the doc say how to prevent this in future pregnancy?

Hello all, came across this thread and wanna send some love to all who are struggling here.
This is a very new topic to me as I've not personally experienced loss with pregnancies. I am a mom of 2 and strongly believe in nurturing the woman body to an optimal state before conceiving. Did quite a bit of work on myself to improve the health status of my bodymind physically, mentally and emotionally. I believe I can help a lot of women here to achieve the same with tangible results.
PM me to know more. Big hugs to all.

Wanted to ask if anyone manage to conceive successfully after D&C?

My bb hb stopped at wk8 plus and I was given the abortion pills to initiate the process. I administered the pills on sun but until today (tue night), I didnt see any big/ liver looking clot. I'm very scared that the tissues are still in my uterus and I may need D&C to clear it.

Anyone mc at Wk8 plus with no big/ liver looking clot after administering the abortion pills and yet got the clear from gynae during the follow-up check?

Wanted to ask if anyone manage to conceive successfully after D&C?

My bb hb stopped at wk8 plus and I was given the abortion pills to initiate the process. I administered the pills on sun but until today (tue night), I didnt see any big/ liver looking clot. I'm very scared that the tissues are still in my uterus and I may need D&C to clear it.

Anyone mc at Wk8 plus with no big/ liver looking clot after administering the abortion pills and yet got the clear from gynae during the follow-up check?

Am sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself. Its never easy.

There be a follow up with doctor after the abortion pills. Then doctor will determine if you have pass out everything and uterus is clean or you need D&C. Not everyone needs D&C. As long doctor check and uterus is clean, you are fine.

Just did my second d&c in 6mths. For the second mc, I tried taking the pill orally ( failed) and subsequently inserting ( also failed) , so ended up in d&c again. I did ask doc to see if I can go to the recurrent mc clinic, but he said as I have a healthy birth ( my #1), they might not accept me. The problem is I’m approaching 40 soon, I so scare of trying the next time.
I'm with you on this.

I had an ectopic as my first pregnancy in 2015. MC in 2018 then delivered a healthy #1 in 2021. Now, I'm having mc again and i dont even know if i hv passed all the pregnancy tissues out to get a clear!

And time is not on my side...going to 40yo soon and yet, so scare that the bad stuff will come back again. Phobia phobia...

i ordered 14 days single meal from tianwei for my last mc because my hb can cook too. But i never order this mc yet. I really like their food but this confinement i sort of know what to cook already. And they give the red date longan drink - i dont drink as i dont take sweet drinks. I boil my own daily. So i dont think i will order this time. But definitely will order 28 days for my real confinement in future.

yes our case is very similar. Mine also stop growth at 6w2d. I understand how u feel. Sorry about your loss.
I just tried yue zi le. The food was average and service wasnt fantastic...☹️

Hi Lisa,
I’m in the same situation as you. Did you manage to do the tests? I could only get an appt with Dr Choolani in Sep 23, I am scared to try again in case the same thing happens.

And how do you struggle with depression after?

no depression - 2nd miscarriage in 2016 or 2017...
I was sad... cried for a couple of days... then husband asked if I still want to attend the ice cream making class I signed up for... of course I will. Shouldn't let sadness overwhelm me, making me miss out on things I still enjoy... sometimes I also feel that I am not the only one being sad. Husband was sad too, but he was a really strong support.

subsequently 1 year of fruitless trying - that really drove me a bit more mental before we decided to go for fertility check-up, turned out everything is alright, doc said continue trying... another 4 months then success and visit gynae, took medication to stabilise the pregnancy.

i just got a 4th miscarriage in a row. age 42. 0 kids. every pregnancy didnt last more than 8 weeks. i have a 2cm uterine polyp. do you think the polyp could have caused the miscarriage?

i just got a 4th miscarriage in a row. age 42. 0 kids. every pregnancy didnt last more than 8 weeks. i have a 2cm uterine polyp. do you think the polyp could have caused the miscarriage?

Is age issue. As we are aging, our egg become abnormal , so miscarriages happen and getting Down syndrome baby the probability is higher. Nothing much u can do unless egg donation, doing PGD/PGS with ivf

since u suspect is polyp, u can try to eliminate this by removing it but there is no guarantee

Last edited:
i just done with ivf frozen ET with a day6 blastocyst pgs embryo. Today I learned that No guarantee that a pgs embryo will lead to a successful pregnancy. Cos my hcg in first blood test is only 200, 5 days later my 2nd blood test is only 300. Look like is a mc, yet doc stil ask me to continue with all the preg support medicine n jab until next Friday u/s. my heart was v sad , I rather the blood test shown me a neg elratger than now I hv to go thru this wait, by next week, shld b week5 already , look like I have to go thru a d&c again . This is my 2nd d&c. I always thought pgs will lead to a successful preg cos it is a tested to be a chromosome normal embryo , but I am wrong , so wrong.

i just done with ivf frozen ET with a day6 blastocyst pgs embryo. Today I learned that No guarantee that a pgs embryo will lead to a successful pregnancy. Cos my hcg in first blood test is only 200, 5 days later my 2nd blood test is only 300. Look like is a mc, yet doc stil ask me to continue with all the preg support medicine n jab until next Friday u/s. my heart was v sad , I rather the blood test shown me a neg elratger than now I hv to go thru this wait, by next week, shld b week5 already , look like I have to go thru a d&c again . This is my 2nd d&c. I always thought pgs will lead to a successful preg cos it is a tested to be a chromosome normal embryo , but I am wrong , so wrong.

Even pgs tested normal , yes there willl be other circumstances, like body can’t make it , water level low, other unforeseen circumstances that led to mid term termination .

even though we have pgs/pgd, some things are beyond our control.

I always thought pgs will lead to a successful preg cos it is a tested to be a chromosome normal embryo - is a wrong concept to think this way

Last edited:
I have sticky blood. But my sticky blood was only found out after getting pregnant. Before that my levels were all okay. The difference for my miscarriages after #1 was for those 2 miscarriages I didn’t take steriods (to prevent anti killer cells which by right I don’t have. But drs so mentioned that the might be some that we can’t tell). So for this pregnancy I’m back on steriods the moment I found. Out I was preggy. Clexane jabs as usual and baby aspirin to thin blood.

It really wasn’t easy losing lives for so many times and picking up the courage to try again. But I figured If I don’t try then I will definitely have nothing. I can only keep pushing myself to try again.

My pregnancy isn’t that smooth as both times my babies are small got some complications along the way etc. But I’m glad hubby and I managed to pull thru. My #2 not out yet and I know so long she’s not here I have to keep praying and have an open mind. Just in case.

Good luck ladies!

just curious how did you do the usual Chinese confinement with alot of herbs and TCM if you're on clexane jabs and medications post parturition 6 weeks?

My doc is telling me this likely the case for me and I'm having a big headache on how my confinement should be carried out.... can drink red date tea?

To all mum to be, I have a total of 7 pregnancy in this sequence : 2mc, 3 successful, 1 mc and 1 successful. My 4 miracles are 4mths, 3yrs, 5yrs, 7yrs using aspirin. For my latest mc, I didn't take aspirin as I wanted a baby with no aspirin. And I proof to myself that I need aspirin for successful pregnancy. I am very thankful to Dr Han from Raffles hospital. I didn't changed my gynaecology for all my 7 pregnancies. I feel that Dr Han is very experience and understand me well.

Hi Callyneo, thanks for sharing.
Are you still diagnosed with APS post pregnancy? or only during pregnancy?

sorry to hear that.. I just had my abortion to flush out the not developing foetus, not sure if I’m brave enough to try for a kid again…

How do we know if the not developing forty’s had been flashed out completely if we are flashing through naturally ? Cos I didn go for any scan aft the naturally flashed out.

How do we know if the not developing forty’s had been flashed out completely if we are flashing through naturally ? Cos I didn go for any scan aft the naturally flashed out.

Through blood test only, if still hv not become 0, mean the pregnancy still hv tissue inside

my gynae scanned me and said seems like might have remnants. Told me to let it bleed out and take a pregnancy test after 1 week. It should show negative. She left it up to me if I want to see her for another scan 4 weeks later.

my gynae scanned me and said seems like might have remnants. Told me to let it bleed out and take a pregnancy test after 1 week. It should show negative. She left it up to me if I want to see her for another scan 4 weeks later.
Mine is NUH, the nurse only asked me to wait n it will auto flashed out . After flashed out, I went for a blood test , the hcg went down to below 5. The nurse just called me to check my blood test result in the HealthHub , that all . No follow up with me anymore .

Same for me I had a pgs tested embryo, initially BT was low at 191 on day 11 but after 2-3 days it doubles up quite fast then one fine day I got spotting and I went to ane and the doc said the sac is not at the right position. It’s coming down near cervix then I started having heavy bleeding and miscarriage. So it’s not a confirm that pgs tested ones will be ok

Hi, anyone knows the rough timeline to get a karotyping done from the time of referral from polyclinic?
Had 2 m/c (week 5 and week 8) this year and though am ramping up to try again soon, now wondering if we should do further tests...

It’s like very bad cramp during menses. It’s manageable. When are you going back to gynae? Need to check if your body fully purge it.
Last yr mine didn’t purge fully, and I have to go for d&c.
hi LazyLinzy, can i check how did you find out your body didnt purge fully in the end? thanks!

Back