Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Vera,
Sorry you had to waste time on tt gynae...Mind telling us which gynae was that?

I think most gynaes do not think it neccessary to check on sperm quality b4 pregnancy... Like they will tell u to try first. So most imptly is to get gynae whom u are comfortable with and whom thinking is similar as yours.

So now is there anything that can be done to improve quality of sperm?

Hi Modi,

Not sure if PCOS cause early dying of woman cell but pple with PCOS will tend to have low HCG during early pregnancy which is required for the 1st 3 months. I believe I had low HCG during my last pregnancy cos when I was on the 5th week I went to GP to confirm my pregancy but they are not able to detect it using their own test kit. They even used 2 different test kits to test still showed negative. I related this to my gynae not the one that I went for pre-pregnancy checkup. He did not take note of it and never check my HCG level.

I truly agree with you. Why I go for pre-checkup is to make sure of course not 100% that things go right before we plan to conceive.

Hi Linda,

The gynae that I went is KC Yeo at TMC. Currently my hubby is taking zinc and Vit E supplements. It helps. Last checkup the gynae said no problem. I also ask him to eat lots of fish and sometimes oysters.

Now I'm seeing a chinese physician and she told me that for PCOS pregnant lady must check HCG level if not sufficient have to take jabs. Some western gynae believe this theory some don't. But as a layman and since I had a history, I choose to believe and make sure I had more checks during my next pregancy.

Hi all,

I chanced upon this thread and I felt so happy to find dat such a thread exists.

I was 8 weeks plus pregnant as of last week. but after a couple of checks and scans for the past one week plus, my gynae told me dat my bb's growth was not progressing and there was no heartbeat, which shld hv been detected at abt 6 weeks. Hence, I went for wash late last week and is now resting at home.

kind of upset at first but i hv come to deal with it pretty well. i guess its meant to be and me and hubby can always try again. now recuperating and building my health back. in fact, intending to lead a healthier lifestyle than b4.

Hi tintin,

Do stay strong and rest well. Remember to take 'PU' to build up your body again.

We shall try again, ok.

Hi Tintin,
Sorry to hear abt your lost. All of us here went thru the pain and disappointment. Glad that you are taking it well. Vera is right, tonics are neccessary and good for you. And do not perform heavy chores nor carry heavy things. I didn't believe it until I tried it for myself. I had cramps like bad and more bleeding after doing that.

hi vera and linda...
thanks v much for ur words of encouragement.

right now, i'm sort of doing my confinement. not the full-fledge ones but i do take tonics now and then which my mum prepares for me.

btw, i need to check with u... how long does it take (from date of wash/d&c etc) for the first menses to come?

i know i need to rest at least 2 weeks b4 anymore intercourse, but i wld like to know abt the menses cos i cant possibly conceive so soon again.

thanks.
happy.gif

Hi tintin,

Normally after d&c, menses come ard 4 to 6 weeks later. Depends on individual. Mine came after 4 weeks. I was told to have pretective intercourse during the first 3 months.

Which gynae did you go to ?

Hi tintin,
My menses after d&c came exactly 3 weeks later. Ehh...My doctor did not tell me not to have intercourse leh. We assume relations soon after my bleeding stops after D&C. But we did practise contraceptive methods. My gynae advised me to start trying only after 2 cycles.
As for conceiving after d&c, a lot of people do say that after a birth or m/c, one very easy to conceive again.

Hi Tin Tin,

Sorry about your lost but glad that you're able to handle it. My menses came 5+ weeks after D&C. During my review visit to my gyane 2wks after D&C, she say can try after one month. Like what the others say, build up your body during this period, prepare yourself for next pregnancy.

hi modi, vera and linda
thanks for ur response.

i go to a gynae at kk. she said that i will be able to try conceiving again after 2 cycles like wat linda said. and i hv been told to stay off intercourse for 2 weeks after the wash.

it looks like when the menses come varies... wow... as for easy to conceive again but i notice the timing seems to tally. 2 weeks after wash/d&c cant hv intercourse and menses come after abt 3 to 6 weeks after wash, which means by the time able to hv intercourse, its more or less ovulation period i guess...
happy.gif
looks like i hv to take precautions already. ;)

thanks to all...

btw, are u gals on any vitamins or nourishment pills which ur gynae gv after the wash/d&c? i m oni given antibiotics and painkillers (in case of cramps)

Hi tintin
happy.gif
Glad that you are feeling good. After the D&C, the timing is kind of thrown upside down. I think that is also why gynaes advise trying after 2 cycles first cos then you can better monitor your cycle again. Just take your precautions.

I was also only given antibiotics and painkillers. Nothing else.

Hi,
Let me share my experience.

I was diagnosed with PCO by a chinese physician and during my visit to the gynae to do a ultrasound scan, I discovered I was pregnant.

Indeed, my HCG level was exceptionally low. Right away I was given hormonal jab to boost the HCG. My HCG shot up after the daily hormone jabs but there wasn't a heartbeat towards wk 7. My gynae warn me abt a D&C.

The chinese physician also diagnosed my hb with varicoceles - where the dirty blood flow backwards into the kidney and affect the sperm quality.

http://www.varicoceles.com

My hb went for a sperm analysis and results shows that he has low percentage of good sperm. Like what you all have discussed, some tail missing, short tail etc etc...This adds to our fear that our bb may not make it.

My gal is celebrating her 10th month next week. We managed to find the heartbeat in wk 7. I was put on daily hormonal jab throughout my 1st trimester. For the peace of mind, I stick to this famous gynae specializies in fertilty. In my 6th month, I was told I had weak cervix and may need a stitch if condition worsen. I was put on medication. Overall, it cost me quite a lot of $$ throughout my pregnancy.

Frankly I had doubts...I am not sure whether the hormone jabs and the frequent checkups were necessary. One of my colleague who had PCO was never check for HCG. Was I being "con" for $$ or I wrongly "accused" my saviour who helped to save my baby???

hi BubbleBB

I think you've got a saviour. the moment my gynae detected zero heartbeat from my 7th week embryo, immediately the gynae advised a d&C. no monitoring, no mention of hormonal jabs or bedrest. Not sure what the gynaes used to actually gauge, but I am sure that you should be glad for perservring your daily jabs to sustain your pregnancy. U never know when you will be able to conceive again if he hadn't done all that he had for your baby to show her heartbeat at 7th week.

mind if I ask who's ur gynae and how much did u spent?

my miscarriage happened 5mths ago and i am still unsuccessful. the fear is always there for not being able to conceive again. sometimes I wonder if I made a haste decision to go ahead with the D&C immediately after discovering there is no heartbeat.

be thankful and thks for sharing your story.

Hi all,

Anyone pregnant after miscarriage?
I've just found out that I'm preggie again after m/c 3 months ago, and fearful that the same thing will happen again....

Also is it common for breasts to be less tender than b4?

Hi worried,

So happy for you ! Must take real good care. How many weeks you are pregnant now ? Which gynae you intend to go ?

I haven't try yet. Waiting for my hubby SA result b4 trying again. Frankly speaking I don't have much confidence...

Update us on your progress.

Hi worried!
CONGRATS!!!!! Have u seen a gynae yet?? I heard from my gynae that have to see one ASAP to see if anything can be given to stablise the pregnancy if necessary. And also to settle your fears. Actually 3 months after m/c is fine lah. Some gynaes even say can try immediately. So you dun worry..... Keep us informed!!!

hi ladies

have been a long time since i posted anything.

like to check, do you feel some tummy cramps every now and then. i do experience it even before and after my mense. i am a bit worried. though i have consulted a gynae and he said nothing wrong but still cannot help but worry why is it so? even when i am typing this message, i can feel a little pull at my left side of my tummy.

Hi Worried,

How are you getting on ? Pray that everything is fine for you.

Hi Soft,

For the first cycle, I do feel some discomfort, slight cramp but subsequently it was ok. If the gynae said is ok, I believe it should be fine. May be the tummy is strinking back to its normal size.

Hi Vera,

Thanks for your concern....
Have been busy the last wk, no time to log on....

I'm alright, now 8 wks... Keeping my fingers crossed this time.... Fortunately no spotting so far....

Have not seen my gynae yet, but will be going down this wk....
happy.gif

How are things with you? Did you have the SA done with the gynae or the urologist?

Hi worried,

Glad you are fine !
Why you waited so long to see the gynae ? Which gynae you are going ? Do update us. In the mean time, take care.

My hubby did a SA test, everything is good except the quality. Only 4% is good, can you imagine that ! Now he is taking chinese medicine to improve of the quality. Hence can not try at the moment. Hope the medicine can help.

Hi Mae,
Sorry for the late reply. My gynae is Christopher Chen from Gleneagles. A estimation of $$ that I spend is around $ 7k - $8k, including delivery charges.

Hi Vera,
I think your hb has the same problem as mine. Did yr gyane suggest any op to prevent any further deterioration??

Hi Vera,

Wanted to ask you previously, but forgotten. Can let me know where is the chinese physican that you hb has visited? So far, has your hb perform any re-test?

Dear BubbleBB,

I have seen Dr Chen b4 and he did not suggest my hubby for any OP. Only gave some supplements and drugs like Vit E, BIO Zin etc. There's one time his condition has improved but once improved he did not 'kuai kuai' take his pills anymore. So now deteriorate again.

Dr Chen is ex but if you are comfortable with him I believe it's still worth to spend the $$.

Hi Modi,

The chinese physician that we went to is at Jurong East, Ying Chuan Medical Hall.

My hubby just started the med not long, has not done a retest. Will have to check with the physician again.

Hi BubbleBB,

Did you continue to see the chinese physician and take her medicine while you were pregnant ?

hi Soft

I also experienced crampy feelings at the bottom left of my stomach since my D&C. IT's been bugging me since 5mths ago . I visited my gynae who did my D&C and he has checked everything to be in order. Accdg to him, he says it's common for crampy feelings as the uterus is contracting. and this may pull at near the intestines.. Dunno if I shld do another check up..when i saw your post, was quite surprised someone experienced same as me. Somtimes when I carry heavy things, will oso feel an ache feeling on my left abdomen..
still monitoring to see if I will see doc again..

hi everyone...

i'm happy to know worried is preggie again... congrats... and take good care.
happy.gif

as for me, its been nearly a month since my D&C... now waiting for my menses to come... but so far no signs yet. hope i'm not preggie again... its a little too soon man...

hi mae

finally found someone who has the same symptons as me. i was as worried as you that something is wrong when i have the cramp and yes, its on the left and near to the intestines area but a checkup with my gynae said that all is well. now my pain is gone, so maybe like what you said, its the uterus contracting.

have you started trying again? me hope to have good news this month.

Hi Vera and Tin tin,

Just went to the gynae yesterday...

Actually now only 6 wks and not 8 wks, cycle was delayed cos of the m/c...

Did u/s and managed to see the heartbeat....

Crossing my fingers and hoping that all goes well
happy.gif

Good luck to the rest of you too!

hi worried..and hi to all gals here!!
i was rather active in the MTB thread..yesterdae went to see gynae suppose to be my 8th week...can only see sac and no baby..i had an abortion 3 years ago...coz too young to haf a baby. then now i am worried...high chance that the baby is not growing...its only 1.16am ..sob...very upset now...but trying to be very very strong coz hubby was actually tearing...

but my gynae say there could be many possiblilties why i cannot see baby..could be i calculate wrongly..i might be like worried...6 weeks instead of 8 weeks..

worried....can you see the definition of white n black in the sac oredi??..i remember 3 years ago..i can see white inside the black sac...and dat was "it"

Hi Worried,
Cheers!!!
happy.gif
We are all praying for you girl!!! Take care!!! How soon did you get preggie after the loss?

Hi bebechic,
It is true you cld have counted wrongly and also maybe ovulation took place later than expected. Because our bodies dun work like robots, so there is no definate day in which we ovulate. So the timing might be off sometimes. Take a while more and see what happens. In the meanwhile, stay cheerful.

Hi Worried,

So happy for you ! Must take care, ok. Pray for you. Which gynae did you see ?

Hi Bebechic,

Dun worry in the meantime. Wait for a while and see how, ok. Take Care.

Hi Linda,

Any news on your side ?

Hi Linda,

I got preggie this time 1 cycle after my m/c, so only had 1 AF in between.

Even though I was told that it should be alright but the fear will still be here....

Each time I go to the loo, will always get scared in case I see any spotting...

Guess having a previous m/c will always cloud the happiness of any new pregnancy

Hi Vera,

I'm now seeing Dr Mary Rauff at NUH
happy.gif

Hi Bebechic,

Could it be that your dates were wrong or your cycle irregular?
How long has it been since you were tested +ve?

I did manage to see a white in the black gestational sac, which was the developing embryo...

Hopefully yours is a problem with mixed up dates....

Do be strong and take care!

hi bebechic
do monitor ur condition a couple of weeks more and see ur gynae again.... by then ur bb shld hv a heartbeat, if still cant see.... will hv to learn to let go.... dun wori so much.... u're still young i suppose, can always try again.

btw, ur story reali sounds familar to me...

take care yeah?

Hi Bebechic,

There's possibilites that your baby may have made late. I understand your feelings when you mean not able to see white inside black. Do take care and monitor for some time! We're all here to support you!

Hi all,

I wonder how many of you are Christians here. After my m/c, my colleague gave me a book 'Supernatural Childbirth'.

The content is very encouraging. As shown by the cases in the Bible, there is no such thing as m/c listed. God also bless babies to women who were supposed to be barren.

The reason why we m/c could be due to our lack of faith which I believe is true cos I was overworrying during my last pregnancy. I have forgotten to seek God then.

Perhaps, for our next pregnancy, we should pray to God for a smooth pregnancy cos' God is the best healer and provider.

hi ryan,
I do not believe if that is true or not. But my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I really prayed for a 2nd one, asking God to bless me. My 2nd pregnancy, though bumpy in the first trimester, was considered smooth. I named my son samuel.

hello all..
today i am going to KK for the sensitive ultrasound my gynae was talking about...so dat if there is a baby..i would be able to see the heartbeat liao. frankly speaking, i have let go since the last week when i dun see the embryo in the sac, coz even if i miscalculate by 2 weeks, i should be able to see the white inside the black like "worried", coz i am supposed to be in my 8th week liao, gynae din wan to say much ,say todae after the scan then decide wat to do, yup still young, so i told hubby can always try 3 months later..hehe...oredi prepared myself for it...

like to ask gals who are as ill fated as me...wats the process i haf to go thru when gynae say no heartbeat??...do i go for the wash immediately or i haf to wait for another dae??.. is it the same as abortion?....wat is the D&C you guys haf been tokking abt?...pls advice..

Dear bebechic,
Sorry to hear this. But maybe the detail scan at KKH will show positive results?
happy.gif

If really there is no heartbeat, they will probably schedule you on the next working day for d&c. Cos you have to be without food for at least 12 hours. Technically, an abortion is done by D&C. D&C is the process of dilating your cervix and scrapping the lining of the womb. You will be given an injection which knocks me out flat. You will wake up about 1-2 hours later & if nothing serious, you will be allowed home. For me, no pain at all. Only mild cramps the next day or bad cramps when I exert myself. The doctor shld advise you on when to start trying again and what to avoid.

thanks linda..
so its juz like the abortion i had last time...been thru dat as well..sigh..people always say dat when you haf more than one abortion it will become dangerous, but now its m/c also same process..so cham..

dear nas..
i am okie at the moment...thanks for your concern,..prepared myself for this already...so dun haf to worry..juz a bit unlucky i guessed..after going thru 3 weeks of preparing myself for an unprepared pregnancy..now juz haf to tuned bk to my earlier mentality. now save the trouble to tell my boss lor..ehhe...

i think my hubby more upset,,i warned him not to announce it liao..but he went ahead...so now got to face the world and tell everyone dat this had happened..i think dats the upsetting part.

you muz take care you your lil' one okie...thanks!!

But I read from some sites that some bb heart beats cannot be detected until the 9th week or 10th week?

Of course most can be detected from the 6 or 7th weeks...Have the doc confirmed anything?

Nas

Hi bebechic,

I did my D&C at KKh too...

But I still hope you will get a positive result.

Take care !

Back