Support group - Miscarriages

I was browsing thru the website/forum and tying to find some clues for myself, but cant really find an answer. Maybe some of you out there can help me!

I have a miscarriage a month ago with no fetus in the sac at week 7. My gynae says this is rather common and does not recommend any further tests. In any case, my hubby request for SA analysis. It was later found out that he has 0% Morphology (which is 0% healthy sperm). We were quite surprise, if this is so, how can I get pregnant in the first place?

We decided to visit Chinese doctors in order to liao yang my body and at the same time, trying to get supplements for my husbands too. We went to visit the Chinese doctors in Jurong that is pretty popular. Just as I track from some of the discussions in this forum, the same problem has been repeated on me again The Chinese doctor says that Im suffering from PCO and my husband has low sperm count, low volume and unhealthy sperm. Again, she recommended me the gynae in Gleneagles. I asked the doctor whether I could get pregnant even though my husband has 0% good sperm, she say is impossible because I was pregnant. After I told her that my husband analysis shows 0% good sperm, she told me that my unhealthy pregnancy maybe caused by this unhealthy sperms. Rather contradicting!

I wanted to again when Im ready but Im really worried that if I ever get pregnant again, history will be repeated. Do any of your knows whether no good sperm can penetrates into woman eggs which eventually cause unhealthy pregnancy?

Hi Modi
What is PCO
Last time i used to see the doc at Jurong but after almost 1yr not much improvements seem??

I have a similar case to you but for my case didn't even see the sac & I didn't go through
any further test

Hi Linda,

Guess what? The AF got much heavier.... guess 1st AF after miscarriage is really quite diff.... quite bad cramping too
sad.gif

Hi Modi,

I had the same situation as you... I think the professional term is a blighted ovum, and from what I've read, the commonest reason is a genetic abnormality, so it could be due to poor sperm quality... Perhaps it would be good to check up with a fertility expert?

Hi Rainbow,

PCO - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome! I just know about this medical term since few days ago. I only know that it can be diagnose thru ultrascan and blood test. Symptoms like irregular menses, acne, hairy, overweight, etc). Still trying to find more information on this area. For my case, I started with bleeding. I saw the sac during my 1st virginal scan, my gynae give me 2 jabs and when I went back for reviewed few days later, the sac is gone. I've D&C on that day itself.

Hi Meg,

I read from some website and it stated that "chromosomal abnormality lies in the individaul egg; sperm chromosomal anomalies are infrequent." That's why I'm afraid that both myself and hb got problem.
I saw this article from website (if you're interested):
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/blightedovum/index.htm
I'm thinking also to find an expert in this area, beside Christopher Chen in Gleneagles, is there any other recommendation? I'm trying to get a doctor whereby both myself and my husband can visit.

Poor meg, take care of yourself... Drink hot water... It helps..after it clears, eat Bai Feng Yuan.
I guess my case was also the same as blighted ovum.... I never ask for any analysis.... So I wldn't know if it is cos of poor sperm and/or egg...How would I know?? Should i ask my gynae?

Hi Modi,
Thanks for the website....Will go take a look.

Me too, blighted ovum. Normally when you M/C for the 1st time, gynae will not do any analysis, to them it is common.

But if the egg or sperm is not healthy, how come we still can get pregnant ?

Just heard from SIL say that her friend went for a jab cost $300, to make her eggs more healthy...

hi modi, I ever seen Christopher Chen before I got pregnant but do not feel at ease with him, hence stop, though heard that he is one of the pioneer in fertility area.

hi Linda, heard that we must relax ourselves if not the eggs produced will not be good....For the 3 months before I was conceived in Feb, I was very stress over my work, even work past midnight till morning....

Hi Vera,

This is something I can't find an answer! If unhealthy sperm fertilize healthy egg or healthy sperm fertilize unhealthy egg, will we still get pregnant, which eventually lead to miscarriage? Yah, dun think I want to visit Christopher Chen as his charges are ex.

I heard that man analsyis are simpler than woman, that's why, my hb request for SA test. Anyway, it's cheaper, $40+ for SA test!

Hi Modi,
I believe that unhealthy egg/sperm fused with healthy sperm/egg, pregnancy still occurs. It is just that as the cells split, they do not develop in the correct way. So your body dispel it as "un-natural".

Hi Vera,
Really ah??? My hubby forever stress leh... Me still okay... sigh...
sad.gif
I heard abt Christopher Chen, think he quite high and mighty.... And btw, my SIL's sister also tried for many many years and she never gave up with the help of her gynae, she is now the mother to two. I go ask my brother which doc she see.
happy.gif
Maybe it could be of help.

Hi Modi,

Man analysis is simplier and cheaper, ard $40. Just follow the instruction to collect the sperm will do. There are bound to have good and bad sperm and egg. It's a matter of good more than bad or vice versa. The sad thing is that we can check the quality of sperm but not egg.

Hi Linda,

Me worse, my hubby and I always stress....especially month end....I believe there should be more than one gynae who are good in this area.

Hi Linda,

That's what my gynae told me also. I guess it's really pure luck! I think I almost giving up in finding the reason why and concentrate to wait upon for my AF to come so that I can try again!

Hope that everyone of us are in good shape and best of luck next round!

Hi Vera,
Yah I think there are other good gynaes around as long as we ask. I think I will be seeing Dr Kowa in Mt E for my next pregnancy.....I have not seen him before but he comes recommended by my brother. So will see him then see how.....

Hi modi,
Yah, actually my gynae advised me not to think who is right who is wrong...it is natural to blame oneself for the m/c. But we will almost never know....

Yesterday, I saw a very pretty mum to be on the train, couldn't help it and I kept staring at her.... I could almost imagine that my tummy would be abt her size should I still be pregnant ...I would have been 13 weeks along now.... Couldn't help but feel a bit sick and tired... I hate to go back to the TTC again feeling..... And my collegue keeps lamenting to me how badly she feels and how scare she is for her this pregnancy....she doesn't like to be pregnant... I mean, how I wish to be given her position man.....

Just happened to chance upon this thread.

I know how bad miscarriages can be as i had one last year at ard 9 weeks. i remember the doc remarking that baby doesn't seem to be growing at 9 weeks but as can still see heartbeat, i was to go for a review at 11 weeks. It was during that review that the doc say the baby is gone. i couldn't believe it as i thot i will be past the danger period already. i was so full of hope that i will step into the second trimester. i was confused, upset, and totally lost. i had a D&C done and lapsed into momentary depression.

i cry everytime i see pregnant ladies, babies and hurts so much when i go back to the hospital for review. didn't help when some of my colleagues who are pregnant are walking ard with their big tummies. i wanted so much to be in their position.

i read everything i could and took vitamins. As much as i wanted to try the following month, i made myself wait for 2 cycles cos i'm scared that the same thing will happen again. i didn't want to take any chances. Now, i'm so happy and proud to say that i'm a mummy of a 2 months old baby.

For all mummies who have experienced miscarriages, please let no one tell you how long you need to mourn and cry and well being words or encouragement are helpful but i also know that they can get too much at times and in my case, i felt even worse. Just take your time to really get over your sorrows and try for another baby as soon as you feel you are ready.

Thanks for reading and i hope that i have helped someone out there in need of advice.

Hi upset
Thanks for sharing. It is indeed comforting to know that you had a smooth 2 pregnancy. I think I will be real terrified of my next one...

Can I ask how long did yo take to get pregnant the second round? How long did you wait?

hi upset,

Am really happy for you that now you are a mother of a 2 months old baby. Really hope that I will have a smooth pregnancy the next round....

Hi Upset,

Thanks for sharing your experience, really boost up my confident level.

Hi All,

I'm hoping to have my AF soon, do your think it's okay to take mensus prone fruits like pineapple? It's already into my 5 weeks after D&C. Got slight cramp...always thought that it's coming...

you are welcome, linda, vera and modi.

i wish this thread was available then as i felt so lost and had nowhere to turn to. Everyone keep telling me that i can still try again, miscarriages are common, no one is to blame etc, all of which i know but i needed to know the specifics like when i can try again, what food can boost fertility etc.

I waited for 2 cycles (2 months) so that i can regulate my period and was pregnant in the third month. i couldn't wait to try as i know that women are more fertile after a miscarriage. i also took a lot of chicken essence and evening primrose oil and got my hubby to take vit E to boost his health. i became a vitamin freak. if i'm not wrong, i took the EPO daily and stopped abt 14 days before my period. i did some reading but forgot the reason abt the EPO. not sure if the health stuff played a part but i was willing to try anything then.

It is natural to be scared for the next pregnancy. Believe me, i was very nervous and paranoid throughout my whole 9 months. Every check up became a source of joy and also anxiety. But i keep telling myself that i will carry my healthy baby to full term.

Modi,
i think better to wait for period to come naturally so that you can monitor the timing more accurately. mine came abt 2 weeks after my D&C and it seems to be ard the time of my period befor the pregnancy.

Hi upset,
You are a GREAT confidence booster!!!
happy.gif
Third month and you strike???!!! Hmm.... I can only hope and pray tt we will ALL be as lucky as you!!! EPO helps??? I go buy some to try... I had spotting when I just discovered I was pregnant then.... And I am worried tt it meant my womb is weak...what you think?

Hi Modi,
Me too think like upset, tt you shld let your body works it own way out naturally. My menses came exactly 3 weeks after D&C and the m/c took place (heavy bleeding) abt time that my menses shld have came then.....

Upset, abt the menses' timing and m/c thingy...you think there is a relationship out there???

Thanks for the compliment, Linda. : )
I certainly hope that all you ladies out there will also be as lucky. Hoping that all will have a smooth next pregnancy. Babydust to all!!!!

i had spotting also but as i heard that it is normal, i didn't really think much of it and the doc did prescribed some pills for me. But alas, it didn't work. Another colleague not only have the pills, she also took a jab to stabilise her baby. She went on to deliver her son safely. For my second pregnancy, i dun have spotting but one day, i bled and rushed straight to hospital. Doc checked that heartbeat is still strong and say sometimes bleed for no reason. Put on bedrest for 2 days and luckily, the bleeding stopped.

dun know abt the timing leh, but admit very coincident.

Hi modi,

Better let menses come naturally so that you can judge your period cycle. Some people period cycle will change after the D&C.

Hi upset, I not only become a vitamin freak, also a DOM and herbs freak. I'm taking royal jelly now, is EPO better than RJ ? Why you stop taking 14 days before your period ?

Hi upset,
Yah..my doc tt time also say quite normal unless it is fresh stains.... I was given this white fat tablet to eat daily to "stablise" the pregnancy... Also didn't work....
sad.gif

Did you change gynae for your second pregnancy? I was told to see a gynae IMMEDIATELY should i next discover i am pregnant....

Hi vera
Wow...I cannot drink DOM leh... That night I drank less than one tiny chinese tea cup and I was mah-bok liao...quite bad leh...
sad.gif

And girls...I very sianz today.... VERY.... i dreamt last night I was preggie again, only to lose it (not again??!!) This whole morning was thinking how to castrate husband so that I won't have to go thru this hurt again.... Shit....

Hi all,

I'm now 5 weeks pregnant but is spotting...brown stain...very worried now cos' gynae said that the sac is not growing. Worse still, except for the heavy breast, I don't have other symptoms of pregnancy. Gynae said we can't do much except to wait, monitor the growth of the sac and to see if we could hear the heartbeat.

Morale very low at the moment.

Given a jab and the dosage of medicine increased but bleeding has not ceased.

I know you guys will be uncomfortable to give me any advice but just needs to ventilate...

Hi Upset, Linda & Vera,

Thanks for you advise! I'll wait for my mensus to come naturally then. It'll be better for my body also.

Linda, it's normal that people who have m/c previously have the fear of getting pregnant again with the same problem. Me too! But, you must be too stress out especially now you're planning for 2nd try. Try not to think about it and like what you told me, let's natural take it's path. Sometime, I feel that this is part of life that we've to pull through. Once it's over, will be like Upset, sharing with others on her experience and at the same time helping those who need help.

Hi Ryan
My heart goes to you. It must be really maddening to wait for each check... How long apart are your checks at the gynae? You mean the sac didn't grow the second time you went to check?
Let us know. In the meanwhile, maybe you could rest more and eat healthier.

Hi modi,
Yah, I will try...just that when i am alone at night, my imagination runs wild....

Hi Ryan,

Rest Well! I mean bed rest! Dun walk too much and just relax for the time being. It's just 5th week, quite difficult to decide now. Some people do encounter spotting in the beginning stage and still also able to pull through. I've heard my colleague telling me that this blood stain may caused by remaining of last mensus. All the best to you!

Ryan,

strongly advised you to really rest well, like what Modi said. try not to do any hsework or strenous work. I know it is easier said than done, but try to think positive and dun dwell too much on the negative part. i understand it is frustrating to have to wait for each gynae check to review. i know i always wished that i have my own ultrasound machine so that i can monitor myself. Actually, i have heard of cases whereby some women will spot and bleed thr out the whole pregnancy and still be able to deliver safely.

Vera,
can't exactly recalled why i stopped 14 days before period but i read somewhere on the net that EPO is good for women fertility and helps the sperm to travel but u dun want the sperm to travel too far and missed the target, so that 14 day break is to enable sperm to travel smoothly.

Linda,
yup, i immediately switched to another gynae for my second pregnancy. i didn't like my first one at TMC, very professional but extremely distant when she broke the bad news to me. No comforting words or anything, just ask me when i want a D&C. I haven't even digested the news yet!!! And i dun even know what is a D&C. i actually went for second opinion and had it done at KK by a male gynae. i had a female gynae for my second pregnancy. So much better and caring too.

Hi Upset,

Do you mind telling who's your gyane in TMC and who's your gynae now? My gynae also from TMC with good reputation. However, I think she's too busy b'cos she got too many patients. As I mentioned previously that my hb has SA analysis with 0% morphology, he was asked to take Vit E daily and to go for another test called SA culture, suspecting that he might have infection. After detecting negative, she didn't give any direction as in when should we go back for retest and so on. In fact, all information were communicated thru clinic's nurse. Dun have chance to talk to her after D&C's review. I dun even know should I go back to have another review.

Hi Ryan,

I believe you have advices from the rest already. Just wish you luck and hope to hear good news from you that you can hear the heartbeat beating real strong ....BONG!BONG!BONG!...

Hi Linda,

YOur imagination really goes wild....but understand how you feel...I'm consider lucky cos now focus on house reno, if not will be like you thinking.....why don't you take up some short courses like in CC, to keep your mind occupy....

My second cycle of menses start today...not as heavy as previously.

Yah, Ryan. do take care of yourself huh? Rest more now.

Upset,
Yah, I agree that sometimes gynaes TOO professional like a bit heartless. My gynae is fine very gentle and very caring abt my emotional state. but location wise not very ideal. So that's a major reason why I want to change. Also my brother has been nagging me to go see Dr Kowa in mt E..... So see how...

Hi modi,
Your gynae sounds strange.... So what she wants you to do now??? Maybe u shld seek second opinion? I think she a bit too busy to take care of you leh.... Is your gynae Dr Ching?

Hi Linda,

Frankly speaking, I also dunno what should I do now. Not sure whether should ask my hb for another test a month later or should he finished the bottle of Vit E first. My gyane is WK Tan.
Recommended by people for her good delivery skills and she really got a lot of patients. 2 of my friends are with her too. I think she's good but at times must go after her to find out what's next. I'm thinking of getting 2nd opinion...still not sure yet...but I prefer to have a lady gynae. Heard that Dr Kowa is pretty good. He's the gynae for some of my friends.

Modi,

yup, we are tokking abt the same gynae. i'm sure she is good professionally but terrible EQ. Or maybe she just doesn't have the time to break bad news nicely to patients. when i started to cry, she just sat there like a stone and stare. Her nurse was nice, passed me a tissue and comforted me. i dun know but maybe working as a gynae for 20 over years made her immune.

My current gynae is Dr Judy Wong from KK. Nice and gentle lady. Her waiting time is ok.

Hi all,
I think only Linda knows abt my story. I wanted to start a thread for Stillbirths, but I think its not very common. 2 Saturdays ago, I delivered my baby at 35 weeks, but he has already passed away in my womb. The reason is cord accident. His umblical cord was wrapped around his neck.

I'm still trying to get over the lost. I think its very common whenever such things happen to ask alot of "what-ifs" and "why did it happen to me?" questions.

Continue later, gotta eat my confinement food dinner

Hi Snowcat,
'Good' to see you here...although of course I wld prefer not to... (if u know what I mean)
How u doing???

Hi Snowcat,

So sad to hear that...My hearts pain when i read ur posting...Sometime i will also think y GOD/"SHEN" blessed us with a baby, but took it away from us. N y gave a life, and took it away.

I'm not good at words, and dun know how to comfort u...But i think wat u needs are encouraging words and not comfort words...For me, comfort words will make me even more sad...U MUST BE STRONG...TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF...DON'T THINK TOO MUCH...

Here's something to share....

What Doctors Do Know About Miscarriage

A number of problems can cause a miscarriage. The most common is a chromosomal abnormality where the genetic material from the sperm and egg do not fuse together in the right way. This accounts for about one-half of all miscarriages occurring during the first 13 weeks. <FONT COLOR="ff0000">The earlier the miscarriage, the more likely chromosomal factors are responsible.</FONT>

Another problem is a hormone imbalance. Some women do not make enough progesterone. Progesterone is the hormone that prepares the lining of the uterus to nourish a fertilized egg. If the uterine lining can't sustain an egg, miscarriage will occur.

Uterine and Cervix abnormalities can affect the growth and development of a baby. There may be some physical problems with the woman's body, which may be associated with an increased risk of miscarriage. However, not every woman who has a significant physical abnormality in her uterus or cervix experiences difficulty in carrying a pregnancy to term.

Chronic maternal illness can increase the risk of miscarriage. Women with poorly controlled diabetes, systemic lupus erythematosis, some heart conditions, kidney disease and uncontrolled high blood pressure may have an increased risk of miscarriage. However, treating or controlling the medical problem can improve the odds of a successful pregnancy.

Hi snowcat,
D&amp;C is dilation &amp; Curagette (spelling wrong though) = dilation of the cervix and scrapping of the womb to rid pregnancy.

I was asleep throughout the while process so no pain... Mild cramps if i carried heavy stuff after that though... but before i was knock out, I was a bunch of nerves, just kept crying on the bed....
sad.gif

I was bleeding then so no need to insert tablet to open up the cervix....

A question: Do all who go for D&amp;C gets GA? A girl after me seems to be able to walk by herself while I didn't even know who and how I was moved from the operation bed to the recovering bed with my panties put on liao....

hi linda, I was crying on the operation bed too and had an injection which knocked me out too. After that I woke up to find myself in a recovery bed with a thick maternity pad tied to my waist.

quite amazing I actually went thru it swiftly, without rembering anything abt it. According to doc, he used vacumm/ suction, so I suppose no scraping rite?

Hi Linda,

What's GA? I have the same process as both you and mae - sleep throughout, no pain. Dunno how they perform it. But, rather ironically, the gal before me was having caesarean in the theater. Heard her baby crying while lying outside waiting for my turn. Very sad and feel like running away then...

Hi Snowcat, read partial of your story in one of the threads. Be brave, take care!

GA = General Anesthetic ...
It is that thing tt makes us knock out... But I REALLY wonder if it is GA or something else....

Hi Mae,
Yah, that bed looks horrible in the first place right??? I was SO scared god.... Even as I think abt it, I wanna cry.... i didn't ask abt whether the doc scrap or use suction leh.... Normally is how one huh?

Hi Modi,
Poor you have to wait outside a delivery room...I wld have ran away....

How do all of you face the possiblity of another pregnancy?

Hi all,
Thanks for answering my question on the D&amp;C. I had the tablet inserted TWICE to induce labour, but it was not strong enough, so had to go on drip. Actually the contractions are bearable, but because I was very tired (after 24 hrs of labour) and hungry, so I didn't want to feel the pain anymore, so went on epidural. Shiok man, didn't feel any pain anymore. Actually I dun fear injections, contractions, etc, I fear most is the vaginal test for dilation. Its really so painful that even putting on the gas mask didn't help. That's why I ask abt the D&amp;C procedure, coz I'm scared of anything inserted into the vagina. Including the penis!!! BTW I got pregnant the first time with non-penetration. Therefore during the first vaginal test, my gynae broke my hymen. Maybe that's why I felt the pain.

Last night, I had alot of nightmares abt the pain. Felt quite traumatised by the whole process.

I can imagine the fear and pain you all felt when you went thru D&amp;C.

Another question, does all miscarriages have to go thru D&amp;C to remove the foetus? My mum said she passed out the foetus naturally during her miscarriage at 11 weeks. I read somewhere that if > 24 weeks, then gotta induce labour, else D&amp;C.

I reserved this book from the library, seems quite good. Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss by Ann Douglas.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0878331824/qid=1055562192/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/103-9180753-4967014?v=glance&amp;s=books

BTW when do you all start to try again for another baby?
I plan to start again mid next year, coz need to recuperate and exercise before trying again. Also need to save money for the next pregnancy. I'm planning to go to KKH or TMC as they have better neonatal facilities. I won't be going back to my gynae, coz I dun like the way she handled my case. So I took my medical records from her. Quite traumatising, coz the records included my first detailed scan at 4th month of my live baby and the last detailed scan at 35 weeks of my dead baby.

Sorrie I'm quite lor sor, coz been staying at home for the past 14 days with noone to talk to except my hubby.

Hi Snowcat,
I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you. As a mother myself, I can imagine the kind of pain that you are going thru. I really admire you for being so strong.

Actually I know I'm in no position to be in this thread becos I have a baby of 5 mths. But a lot of the scenarios that happens are what I have imagining and getting prepared (for the worst)during my pregnancy. That''s why more or less I can put myseld in your shoes.

Gals you are all great !

Hi,
Jux manage to finish the previous postings. Jux to let you all know, don take spotting lightly. Spotting is common but not normal.

I had spotting during my 5th weeks the other time. It was only a bit of brown spot, but I told my gynae. My gynae is a bit kiasu kind (which is good) and he never take chance throughout my whole pregnancy. Then throughout my 1st trimester, I was on the pill for stability.

So don take spotting lightly. Do not move about too much if have spotting.

Best Wishes to Everyone TTC

Hi all,

Remember me? Went to the gynae again cos' spotting became red and thick. Gynae did a vaginal scan and told me that baby was not healthy. Yeap, he declared that I had a miscarriage. Going for D&amp;C on Monday. Really scared.

Never expect that this pregnancy to come and go so soon...

Hi Snowcat,

Really sorry to hear about your experience...
My SIL had to have labour induced at 22 wks, which was v traumatic... so I can imagine how much worse it was for you....

I mc at 8 wks in April, and still taking time to get over it.
Do take care of your body, and build up your strength again.

Hi Ryan,

I went through something similar to you....

Started spotting too, which became heavier....
There was no foetus within the gestational sac, so the dr advised against injections to try to maintain the pregnancy. I passed out the sac the next day, so I didn't need to go for a d&amp;c

A mc is nature's way of ensuring quality control, nevertheless a v painful and trying experience...
Take care...

Hi Snowcat,
There are cases which if the mother is able to naturally discharge the sac, then there is no need for D&amp;C as Meg has explained.
It is good that u are thinking positively. Wait a while more than you can try again.
I am going thru a rough patch myself here and I am seiously considering if I should try again so soon.

Hi Ryan
Take care. Dun be afraid, the D&amp;C procedure is not painful. Most likely, you will be knocked off straight. There is no pain for me. Remember, it will be a mini-confinement for you. DUN carry heavy things or do heavy chores.

Hi Ryan,
Be brave, dun think abt it too much. It will soon be over. After that, remember to take more chicken essence, esp those with cordyceps.

Hi Linda,
Perhaps you can wait a few more months, in the meantime, do the things you want to do, exercise, eat and sleep well. Try for another baby when you are physically and emotionally ready.

I think such things happen to make one stronger to adversities. Most importantly, we must not lose hope. Keep trying until you succeed.
happy.gif

Hi snowcat,
Yah..I think emotionally I am quite conk out now...Sometimes thought I am over it, but then again, I hate going to work when my colleague is pregnant and she laments on how tough it is... I get so depressed thinking what I would give to be in her position... It is affecting my personal life.... I get so sick of it all and I dreamt once tt I was pregnant again only to lose it...Feel so terrible....

Hi Mao,
Some women just had textbook pregnancies...Smooth, no nothing to worry abt...The colleague of mine is abt 9 weeks pregnant from our calculation and she is still not seeing a gynae yet... How nice.... it makes me feel life is so unfair.
Actually, every pregnancy will have 20% of m/c if the women have not miscarriage before. After one m/c, the chance still remains at 20%, after two then it raises. Most m/c occurs cos of blighted ovum, the most common problem when the fertilised ovum is not healthy or with no heart beat or no foetus in sac.
There are a lot of myths as to prevent m/c, like not removing things from walls, not squatting, not lifting your hand above your head, not too much cooling things, not doing of heaby chores....
Spotting is kind of common and not all spotting results in m/c. However, NEVER EVER take spotting lightly. Rather be KS and see a doc whenever you spot in a pregnancy.

Hi Linda,
Maybe you should not let your fear overrule you. Did you think of trying again for another baby? Perhaps being pregnant again will help you to forget your previous MC. My mum also had a MC, but after that she gave birth to 3 of us. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. We should not give up and lose hope, but keep trying until we succeed.

Back