Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

bluesea, thanks for e info, it shld come in handy should I decide to let my child joins a playgroup later.

chantelle, chloe is only 10.5mths old n she can utter so many words liao ar.
My girl first started with Pao Pao(wanting to be carried), then Pa Pa(to her dad) when she was ard 7mths. N it's only recently that she starts to say Mama (after she saw the Wan Wan teether biscuits advertisement where there's this caucasian mommy n bb and the mommy goes 'baby' n the infant 'ma ma'... hahaha)
But then hor, she will only say these words for a very short period of time leh...
sad.gif

mum05
chloe refuses to say mama now leh....
mebbe she quite advanced when it comes to speech but her inclination to learn new stuff cannot make it leh.... i try to teach her to sort shapes or wave byebye etc.... she refuses to learn... only this morning she started to wave! have been teaching her for more than a month already..... my husband always make fun of her "bu4 shi4 du2 shu1 de1 liao4"
she will say these things then ask her to repeat, she will keep qiuet one... very naughty... like last night, we were teaching her a for apple.... and after 20min of that, she uttered arh-pur! she said that once and i had to try for another 10min before i could get her to say it again.....

chantelle, sama sama but mine worser, cant get her to say it at all hahahhhah, I'll hv to teach her by repeating it to her, then when she's happy the next day, then will she utter e word. but she'll only say it for a few days e most, then she won't say it anymore no matter how much I prompt her... haiz.
oh, btw, at which mth do we train them to drink from cup ar? My girl is now 8mths+. N when we start, should we begin wif straw sucking or wat? I've juz got one training cup from PiyoPiyo(in fact I've bought quite alot of their things frm their office y/day morning ahhahah) and it comes wif 2 ways - 1: nipple sucking and the other is straw sucking. The cup in wif the handle type. I gave e cup with the nipple way to my girl but she juz keep pulling the cup away frm her mouth to look at it leh. she'll repeat the procedure lor haiz. How ar, shld I juz leave this cup training till later?

hi my princess are 30 mths and 14 mths respectively.

Wow all ur kids can speak so fast. My elder ger very chatty and learn fast too but my younger ger leh.....till now still refuse to call papa. she only say mum mum when she 1 2 eat, and 1 more if she wants more of the food. she only say ah ah when trying to call us. Me worried liao. but my mum keep saying every kid has different development. Any ideas how to make my ger speak leh?

i tried teaching straw drinking... she'd bite the straw and then occassionally suck... and when the water enters her mouth, she gets a shock nad immediately spits it out... very funny.... not much progress with this
the drinking spout better... she started out also getting a shock when alot of water went into her mouth and she'd spit it all out... now she's prepared to have alot of water go into her mouth and doesnt spit all out anymore hahaha

oh chantelle, I din get the cup wif spout leh, the one I hv is either I let her use wif the nipple or straw... wat u think?

Dear Village girl,

Dont worry too much. My daughter also speaks very little but once she is 24 mths hor, dunno kenna wat magic, picked up language veri fast leh! Then she can tells me clearly what she wanted, mimic the way we speak, and then when we started the bold step of teaching her numbers, A to Z... she also picked up veri fast! So amazing, and a month later at 25 mths, she can even recite a 4 phrases chinese poem!!
lol.gif

I think once she start speaking and learning veri fast, there's just no stopping them! Just keep talking to her, she understands and is absorbing the basics of language.

mum05
my cup is the nipple which can change to spout tip one.... straw, i let her try normal straw put into normal cup....
hmmm i really dunno which type of cup is better leh
for me it just never occured to me to buy the straw cup coz i always tot i could use normal straw and normal cup!

ya village girl, don't worry too much. My nephew only started his speech when he was ard 2 or 3 yrs old, and initially my sis was so worried n kept asking the doc if he's dumb of which the doc assured her that he's not. Then when he finally 'open' his mouth n talk, he was sooooo talkative and kept asking 'what this, what's that, why this, why that' when my sis was reading e newspaper until she buay tahan ahahhhah, ironic rite. ahhahahahahah

chantelle, ya, if they can drink from straw already, then i'm sure we can do it the way u've mentioned ahhaha, it's juz that this cup comes in this form, so i make use of it lor hehhhee.

hmmm, think i'll let her try the nipple way first... :p

Bluesea n mum05, ya hopefully soon she can pick up the language. We just hv to spend more time talking to her...coz we always chat with d elder ger as she knows how to chat...haha me so guilty now.

BTW, how old are all of ur children?

hi village girl,
i agree with bluesea and mum05
babies all develop at different rates... just continue to talk to her.... when u are doing something while carrying her, u can explain to her what u are doing... let her see your lips moving.. that's how they learn to speak.... they will watch your lips and try to imitate

Hi mummies, I'm back! I was so busy with work, not only busy, I'm extremely tired these days and I have dizzy spells too... sometimes feel like fainting but so far that has not happened yet *crossed fingers*. Thanks for your congrats mummies and just some updates for you, I went to my gynae's last Sat and he has confirmed my pregnancy!! "Less than 5 weeks" he said and I'll be back to see him again next wed before I go for my holiday in Gold Coast. Yes! I can't wait man! But then... I dun think I can take those rides right? Sheesh... so wasted. Do you think I should take those "normal" rides. Gynae said you can but try not to coz it will stress my womb. Haiz...

Actually we planned to have a second one during our Gold Coast trip, but it came earlier than expected, i think hubby sharp shooter, our first one also hits bulls-eye after a few tries. bor bian... in fact i'm very happy and really looking forward to this pregnancy and we're planning for 3 kids, so what the heck, one time finish up the job and then close factory. I hope it's a boy this time round and the 3rd I want a girl girl.

Hey Chantelle, you quite the "on" man... almost everyday see you online. hee...

Btw, I entered my son into the Mothercare Baby contest. So need your support to vote for him. Please click on this website to vote:
http://www.tangerined.com/KZ_talent/WhatsOn/TrendyBabes_1_N-Z.htm
Closing date is 4th Nov.

Thank you very much!!
happy.gif

326499.jpg

hi cloud9 and missylan,
me voted for ur darlings already
good luck!

cloud9,
me got a computer to myself in my room so very convenient to log on ;) so in between patients or during lunch hour, me will log on ;)
how many days late were u when u went to test? did u feel funny before u tested? my hb adn i trying for 2nd one... this time round more kancheong coz when i conceived chloe, it was unplanned...

Ya mummies, i guess i hv to wait patiently for my ger to talk.

Chantelle, r u a doc? So u r planning a 2nd bb, dats great. How old is ur chloe now? guess u wld hv fun when having 2 children.

Now my 2 gers always fighting. Initially, elder ger bully younger 1, now younger 1 oso retaliate liao so always fighting. haha

hi village girl,
me dental surgeon
totally agree with u.... kids are just so adorable and so much fun... the innocent things that they say, the funny things they think of to do... very cute la....
chloe is 10.5mths now
me now 5 days late.... dun wan to test coz afraid to be disappointed.... so will wait another 2 wks or somethg and see how... hahaha i very funny hor.....

oh chantelle, where's yr clinic... we got discount or not? hahaha
ey, me also late leh this mth(it's more regular after I've given birth) but I still hv abit of the PMS - like bloatedness, breakouts, but not that 'strong' as usual, jialat man... my hubby said good but I'm not entirely prepared, I was hoping to try for the 2nd one beginning next year when my girl has turned 1 yr old lor.

village girl, my bb girl will be turning 9 mths soon...

mum05,
paragon... haha can, a bit of discount shld be ok la... me not my own boss leh
how many days u late already?
me usually pretty on the dot except last month 2 days early and the month b4 4 days late.... dtill get hte bloating but no breakouts (except this month and last month).... fortunately cramps not as bad a before pregnancy ;)
i think it's a good thing if u are! there are so many couples out there trying fro babies but cant conceive... we should really be appreciative that we are able to ;)

chantelle, aiyoh, abit is how much ahahha... paragon's clinic sure high fees one! ;P

my menstruation was only regular a few mths before my 1st pregnancy, then after childbirth, when the hormones resumed liao, ok lor. Hmmm, I'm abt 1 wk late liao. nvm, see how lor, later then 'think' abt it ahhaha scarli false alarm.
ya, i'm not entirely 'against' being pregnant now, it's juz tat i wld hope to wait till my girl is 1 yr old at least. But if pregnant now, then be it lor, fate mah :D

missylan, chantelle, cxope - thanks for your votes!
happy.gif

btw, it's my birthday today! i'm on leave and just came back from a haircut and hubby will be bringing me to a french restaurant for dinner. he's so secretive about where it is, what going to happend during dinner and what he has bought for me. i'm really looking forward to it!
happy.gif

chantelle, i was late 1 month. initally 1 or 2 weeks late that time, i bought preggy test and tested but it was negative, so waited and waited and it was strange that this time round my menses was late usually quite on the dot. then waited till 1 month still haven't come so i tested again, this time round positive! i tested 3 times coz i couldn't believe it! thinking the tests ain't accurate... xiao right? haha... hey if you're preggy share the good news yah? all the best!

happy birthday cloud9 ;)
oh really? okie, justifies my waiting for another 2 weeks or so then go test ;) or better still... wait till a month late la.... 2nd menses dun come then more or less confrimed liao
yes will keep u gals updated ;)

will let u know if positive but dun hv high hopes lah ehehhe... u also, scarli u're the one who's really pregnant
happy.gif
let us know ya!

cloud9, happy birthday! come back n let us know the surprises u've recved from yr husband ya! He must really want to 'reward' u for giving him another wonderful child
happy.gif

Chantelle, wow dental surgeon in Paragon, agree with mum05, the fees sure very x. hv not seen a dentist for 2 yrs liao. Will try to go this yr.

Chantelle n mum05, i try to conceive the 2nd bb when my ger was ard 8-9 mths. Dh say its beta to give birth to them at a close gap coz they can grow up together n while we still hv d stamina. Haha oso my elder ger sleep daily from 7+ to ard 7+ the next morning lah since abt 2mths old so quite easy to take care.

I very kan cheong when i try to conceive, for both my pregnancy, once try to conceive only, i bot the pregnanct kit a week later to test liao even before my mens came (haha cant even wait to miss my mens). Surprisingly, twice oso tested +ve even thou it was 1 week b4 my mens. haha

Must update us the good news ok.

Belladona, u can oso try for the next one
happy.gif

Cloud9, happy belated bday. may all ur wishes comes true.

belladonna go for no 2!
village girl,
u mean u succeeded at conceiving both ur kids after just trying once each? wow!
ur hcg levels must be really high for the kit to pick it up even b4 ur menses due! u prob had bad morning sickness for both?

Yes both after 1 try.

ya, i have very very bad not morning sickness but whole day sickness for my elder ger. It was really terrible. I vomited day n night. Luckily it ended ard 5 mths + of pregnancy.

As for my 2nd ger, i oso vomited but not as serious lor.

I hv to carry plastic bag whereever i go. can vomit while shopping half way, vomit in the car, vomit while hving dinner outside....

oh u mean if hv very high hcg level will hv very bad morning sickness? my mil thot i'm carrying a boi coz of my vomiting. haha.

yes high hcg will cause bad morning sickness...tats why those with twin or triplets even worse coz their hcg levels are much higher with more babies inside thus morning sickness super jialat

oh I didn't experience too much of the 'morning sickness' during my 1st tri but i vomitted gastric acid EVERY day throughout the rest of my pregnancy, after the GTT(Glucose Tolerance Test) triggered my already stabilised gastric problem... yucks!

Hi hi gals,

Long time din post.

Happy birthday cloud9!

WHile u gals are anticipating for good news - i am still waiting for my first mense to arrive, 8.5 mths after delivering my gal.. hmm

Village girl, u tested a wk b4 menses and u get positive result?? wow! U know for my 2nd one, my doctors and myself tested abt 4-5 times b4 we get positive result - after more than a mth of missing my period. Until my gynae ask if my hubby pressurising me to get 2nd one. The way she asked like i am a NUT case. She did an ultrasound scan also cannot see a single thing, when some ppl already can see heartbeat at 7 wks.

She said probably my body having a fake 'pregnancy'. So if i dun get my menses in the next 2 mths, she'll terminate my cycle.
I only get positive result after wk 6.
Chantelle, as u can guess, I dun hv any morning sickness. In fact, i dun feel pregnant.
Was given hormone pill to keep baby.

chantelle, update update. False alarm lah ahhaha My menses came late on Saturday... no pregnancy yet :p

Qdee, when d 1st 1 i tested +ve, i quickly went to c a gynae at Rivervale Plaza. He got shocked that my mens was not due yet too. so he did a vagina scan as he said normal adominal scanning will not show...hehe true enough i was pregnant.

As for the 2nd pregnancy, i went back to my own gynae. He scan n scan...cant c so he ask me to wait patiently till it abt 6 weeks den the foetus wld be in the womb. i got worried, bot another kit to test n again it was +ve lor. but no choice hv to wait till abt 6 weeks. me very kan cheong lah. when d gynae confirmed my pregnancy in 6 weeks, i was so delighted.
happy.gif

Wow, u hv given birth 8.5 mths n u still waiting 4 ur mens. u still breastfeeding? gd hor, not mens. mine came abt 3 mths after my delivery.

mum05, aiyah not pregnant ah...try again ok. Its fun to hv 2.

cloud9mummy,
happy belated birthday
wishing you pretty and happy always
happy.gif

[dental visit]
when should we start bringing our kids for regular dental visit?

hi!
mum05, my menses not here yet leh.... will wait another week and see how... hahaha... but been feeling a little off since saturday... nausea

cxope,
it's up to the parents... the younger u start the better coz they wont be given a chance to hear stories from others which may scare them even before they set foot into a dental clinic... a good age to start is about 2-3

ya villagegirl...hmm nvm, maybe early next yr then try, then if kana anytime now wld be 'bonus'? :p

chantelle...maybe orh! :D oh oh, btw, can I ask if U know what this medical term "FAMS" represents?

Hi mummies
MIA for a loooong time. To refresh memory,I got a 3 years old boy & a going-to-be 10 months old gal. I'm a FTWM, 2 kiddos are well taken care by my retired parents.

cloud9
Gong xi Gong Xi!! I've got a fren & 2 colleagues also preggie. Very happy for them & for you too.

I got a bit confused to see so many names, maybe you all want to list down some info & tabulate into a table?
happy.gif

Mummy : Yvonne
Baby (ies) :Wayne (3 years), Summer (9+ months)
Address : Blk 307A Anchorvale Rd

Hello mummies, thanks for your well wishes. Yes I really enjoyed my birthday celebration. Hubby brought me to this French restaurant called Jaan at Equinox 70th floor and the food was great! See pictures what he bought for me: flowers and diamond ring-an upgrade for me...hee...

I'm going to my gynae's tomorrow to detect for heartbeat hope I can hear something tomorrow. How exciting!
happy.gif

Chantelle, I'm feeling quite nauseous these few days and I get really dizzy spells. So far, I only merlioned once at home. It's quite frustrating lor...

328464.jpg

328465.jpg

Cloud9, wow, ur dh so sweet leh, he still buy u flowers. You muz be very happy to receive the diamond ring. BTW, he chose himself or he brought u along to buy?

My dh dun know how to give me a surprise. He always worried dat he might buy something which i dun like. anyway his taste 'sucks' haha except dat he chose me as his wife.

Tell u all 1 good news. my ger started to walk n run yesterday. She walked 10 steps when she was a yr old n i was so delighted. After dat she stopped, prefer to crawl. Only yesterday, she walked d whole day. My mum say she even run n dance on d sofa. buay tahan her.

Yvonne, ya it is nice to list down the info

mummy, VG
Children : Cheryl (31 mths) Cherie (14 mths)

Hi village girl, dun envy lah... i'm sure your dh also can make you happy... try to tell him what you like, drop some hints sometimes and most importantly must communicate lor...

I've always love flowers and I believe most girls love flowers too right? Honestly, the diamond ring was really a surprise to me I din even have the slightest idea that he bought for me. That's an upgrade for me it's 0.61 carat. I was quite shock also how come he know my ring size. He told me that there's one day he ask me should I bring my old diamong ring which is the smaller one to go for a wash as we are attending a wedding dinner the next day, so he already plan with the guy in the shop to expect us in the shop and he secretly signalled to the guy to measure my ring size when I wasn't looking! I almost teared when I saw the ring. Actually I chided him for spending so much on me...

Last time I used to complain to dh that he dunno how to give me surprises and I would always know what he's going to buy for me and he's also worried that he might buy the wrong thing and I won't like it, so he will drag me along to buy, which is so like predictable and so boring... no kick... so after complaining, he improved quite a far bit lor...

My son sprouted his first tooth over the weekend, finally!! But he's very cranky and loves bouncing up and down!

Oh yah, I'm flying to Gold Coast this Sat for a holiday! Yeah!!!! Have been waiting for this day but dun think I'm able to take those rides man coz I've been throwing up quite frequent, sekali in the ride my puke lands on someone's face, YUCKS!!!

Seen my gynae yesterday and we managed to find and hear baby's heartbeat. He/she is 6 weeks 6 days old!! So happy...
happy.gif
Will be back to gynae's in a month's time.

cloud9mummy
Your hubby is soooo romantic. Got flowers & diamond ring!! Envy envy!! Wish my hubby read this thread
happy.gif
Take great care during the flight. I went to Phuket last year when I was also 1 - 2 months preggie.

Villagegirl
Congrats!! Your girl starts walking. Then next she will start chatting... and arguing... and our headaches never end lah...
happy.gif

hi mummies,
i just tested pregnant yesterday... woke up vomiting and deicded to just test la.... now 6 weeks (counting from 1st day of last menstrual cycle)

hi village girl,
congrats on ur girl walking and running... how exciting!

hi cxope,
now no need to start on toothpaste.... just start with toothbrush and get him used to it... once he can spit, then introduce toothpaste.... i've been brushing fro chloe using the toothbrush, she loves it but will sometimes bite the toothbrush

hi cloud9,
ur hubby really romantic leh..... my hb will only buy presents for me if i'm there to choose... for the same reason why ur hubby never used to surprise u... i complain already still the same leh

Cloud9, i complaint b4 laio still d same. Nvr mind lah, at least i always choose something dat i like.

Yvonne, yah..i waiting for the day for my ger to chat, now still refuse to call papan mama...now i'm so happy just to c the 2 gers running ard at hm.

Chantelle, congrats. u muz b exited rt. this x round u prefer a ger or boi? beta take care of urself.

Chantelle!! I'm sooooo happy for you! CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!!! You know when I read your message, I almost choked on my water! So that means we're about the same timing! I think you should be 1 week behind me. Hee... actually just now when I was talking on the phone with you, it was a bit inconvenient to tell you things lah... my last menses was b/w 27Aug to 03Sep. So my gynae told me kerna sometime late Sep. So now I'm about 7 weeks. EDD dunno yet coz gynae say usually to get more *zun* reading would be when I'm 20 weeks. If estimated EDD then it would be sometime mid Jun06 lor. Did your gynae tell you your EDD? NOw every morning I really feel nauseous man, in the shower keep making the puke sound but nothing come out, I wonder if I woke my neighbours up. LOL!!! I really feel so miserable when I feel nauseous man. I feel moody and like *sian* at times also... This 2nd time round I hope it's also a boy so that I dun have to buy clothes again. 3rd one then try for girl.
happy.gif
For what you know maybe this time round I really suffer from my labour pains then I dun wan #3 liao. COz my labour for #1 was easy and fast. Pray hard that #2 would be fast and easy like the first too. Hey guess you'll be hoping for a boy right? Hee... Do you know you can also play this ring game on your palm where it tells you the gender of your children and how many children? Ever heard off? So far quite *zun* for those who have played it. You can try. I can teach you if you dun noe. But then again, if it turns out otherwise, dun blame me ok?
happy.gif

No lah mummies, my hubby not the most romantic man on earth lah...
happy.gif
He needs pushing sometimes also...

Yvonne, I have actually added you in my list liao coz you wrote in quite some time back but then suddenly MIA?
happy.gif

Btw mummies have you voted for my son, Preston yet? If you've not, please see my message above dated: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:01 pm.

Closing date is 04Nov. Many thanks! ;)

Back