PCOS patient and trying to conceive, pls share experience here.

ruggles
u may be right. my hubby did his test 3 yrs back - 3% only...i was so upset.
my chinese doc said i should not rely on test done 3 yrs back. in fact, guy's fertility changes more drastically then girl's.

u took the binding out immediately? no wonder.
i did slimming massage and wrap after confinement. went down a little but it's still there!

yah SA really can go up or down.. haha.. I think that time my hubby had such bad SA, then he got v v sick and he took v powerful antibiotics.. after that, we conceived! Ah well.. whereas my BIL who's younger and took all that stuff eventually had to go IUI.

thewife, I really gave up on BBT.. too much agony for me and mine was so erratic, no pattern at all.

eh, if men's SA so erratic then might as well don't test. cos if the results turn out to be negative, it'll even be more depressing since we're not without problems.

thewife, your temperature is really low. I thought normal human temp is around 36.7. for me, my temp range from 36.2 - 36.8 before ovulation. after ovulation, my temp usually above the 37 mark.

thewife and Ruggs, I m seeing this massage lady who works from home. She stays in Bedok North and hardly does house visits. Her massage is gentle but effective.
happy.gif
U want? I PM u her contact?

Oh, the Dr Fong I was seeing previously was from Glen E. Called Dr Fong Chuan Wee. Someone I dun really like but unknowingly striked under him. I really say its sheer luck coz he didn't do anything to me except penalising my results and giving me metformin. Hmmm... I wudn't rec him to you unless u r someone who can take a lot of criticism.

I m seeing Prof Biswas in NUH now. One of my psychologist friend rec him to me. I found him nice and got him to deliver brid. So this time, I m seeing him to try for no. 2. I dunno if it will work out. Thought maybe just give it shot and c how first. At the same time, takg TCM also.

thewife, BBT is something I m trying to understand also. I cldnt u/s the charting pattern when I was TTCing. But when I striked, I was like oh ya hor, this dip is where O occurs, and blah blah blah..... I tink u juz forget abt it and dun fret. Mayb u get good news this time round lei?
happy.gif

catz
wow then u are really lucky, twice!
happy.gif

dingdong
i belong to the cold body type. my temp is usually 36.1-36.4 before ovulation. went higher when i was taking clomid. this cycle not taking clomid. just confirmed via fertility friend tat i ovulated on CD45. amazing, i conceived by bb on CD45 too.

my temps were erratic prior to ovulation. also cant tell whether i ovulated by looking at the strips, so in the end had to keep trying not to miss the chance..tiring! phobia now! haha.

tweetie
your massage lady doesnt do house visits? a bit tough cos i stay pretty far from Bedok.
ya i saw the dip and the shift in temp but subsequent temps were low and stagnant so i thought gone case, egg must be playing hide and seek with me. at least temp went up today so confirmed ovulated.

thewife,
yah, the BBT is more to reflect back and detect ovulation but not to predict. that's y must do many cycles then can estimate when the O is. if the BBT is stressing you out, then forget about doing it lah. that was what happened when i TTC #2 also. cos Kieran was still waking up in the night and so i couldn't be consistent in the temp taking. after a while i didn't really do it properly. just record whatever i could. my gynae also recommended me to stop BBT-ing since it was so stressful for me to do it.

tweetie,
thanks, but I don't think i have the time to go massage hahaha.. cos i still BFing Kiefer fully and I usu latch him for feeds. I'll get the contact from you again when i finally get out of this lazy mode yah!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Do you feel this pulling pain sometimes on your right ovary and sometimes left a few days after ovulation? It's not so much pain but more like a sensation. I've been getting it and it feels like muscle pull and have been very bloated and gassy for a few days. It's so uncomfortable. I am not sure if these are PMS...

ruggles
ya taking BBT can be stressful..
my chinese doc was saying if a couple can BD twice a week, should not be a problem but its not easy for those who has a kid.

Let there be HOPE
i do feel something at my ovary area at times. im not sure whether it means we're ovulating, or already ovulated.

thewife,

I know that some women feel a tugging feeling when abt to ovulate. I feel that this mth. But, I meant the pulling sensation a few days after ovulation. Any idea or anyone?

HOPE, yes, I felt that pulling pain too.. in fact, when I conceived my girl, well, before I conceived her, I had the egg knocking against my cyst and it was so bad I made an emergency appt with my gynae. Who knew that the egg got fertilised? :p But yeah, apart from that I did sometimes feel ovulation pains too. The pulling pains after ovulation, not sure but for my first pregnancy, I felt implantation pains.

thewife, yes, we were very blessed...

Let there be HOPE
im also in my 2ww. DPO6. feeling nothing special.I dun hold high hope this cycle, 6th sense?

dingdong
i conceived my gal after 30. gave birth at 31.5yr old...to be exact :p and most of my galfriends are not even married yet.

thewife, did you BD near your O for this cycle? If yes, hopes are high. Just be hopeful till AF arrives. I am still having the occassional twinge and pull near my pelvic area and my boobs are getting fuller. I hope this is not my imagination. I still hold hopes it maybe positive. I am at 11DPO today.

thewife, i'm not sure if it's coincidental or what but my friends around me gave birth to babies one by one last year. 6 of them in total, this not including my hubby's friends. makes me feel very demoralised.

dingdong,
it's like that la, when i was ttc, everyone around me seemed to get preggers so darn easily like that. even my sis got pregs with #2 just before i conceived #1. it was really upsetting. but think positive ya. i dun think it's really that a lot of them are pregs, just that we tend to be more selective where we look when we are so focussed on TTCing,
happy.gif
Baby dust to you!

hope,
full boobs are good!!! good luck!
happy.gif

ruggles, I hope so too. Thanks!
happy.gif

Is it possible to test positive only say 5 days after AF is due and negative before that 5days? Just a hypothetical qn.

dingdong
agree with ruggles! we tend to notice preggie women when we are trying to TTC
happy.gif

Let there be Hope
ya we BD prior to ovulation day...we couldnt make it for the ovulation day itself cos we tried consecutively 3 days! hahaha.
i rather not hold high hope as i felt quite upset when I thought it should happen but it didnt.

my boobs fuller - i told myself i put on a bit due to the sinful xmas chocolate.

i did came across women who tested positive few days after AF is due. i tested +ve on DPO12 (miscarriage) and DPO10 (my first child)

Dingdong, thewife, lotsa bb dust to u!
happy.gif

I hvn really started... its been dunno dunno when we last had BD. Haha... come to tink of it, feel so bad coz I m always so tired n the nxt thing, i just fall asleep lia. HB sometimes look abit sad but nxt day he will sayang me and say its ok since I am tired. hee...hee...

Ruggs, can check with you if you ever brought K for hols in states? I remember you went with him is it? Hw did u manage to bring him? I thought of gg this year since HB gg on trip but I worry I cant cope with brid alone.

hi tweetie,
Kieran's been to the states twice (3 if you count the time when I was pregs with him.. :p) Will you be flying in with your Hubby or on your own? Which part of states are u going? We've only done California. Why don't you email me and I'll try to help with your queries?

catz,
i think he is too! haha..

I think I'm ok le. at least finally not LS-ing anymore and not feeling anymore cramps. but still having a really gassy tummy. hope it totally clears by tmr . this is one of the longest duration of GE I've ever kenna man. But I'm thankful that I could still get out of bed and do stuff. I used to get GE that confined me to bed motionless!!!

hi all

yeah, i used to ask my hubby whether is it because there're more preggie women recently or because i've been paying more attention to them.

tweetie, thanks for the bbdust.
happy.gif

but then we've not been working hard for a long time lo.

hey ruggles
did you take infant fare (no seat for the child) or child fare (seat for the child) when u bring Keiran to US? It was a hassle when I brought my gal to bangkok, bought infant fare, she kept moving non-stop and we cant have our meal in peace even for such a short flight.
im thinking whether to bring my gal to brisbane.

Tweetie
my hubby and i did not BD thru out the period when I was pregnant. After delivery, action picks up few months later and subsequently we were not as active anymore. however, he is very cooperative when it comes to bb-making, he's more eager as compared to the time when i was TTC-ing no.1

dingdong, let there by HOPE
both of you are seeing Dr Tan rite? wow the med nmakes me feel sooo heaty.

hi thewife,
i think the moment the kid can stand and walk a bit, it's time to get a seat for them. We took infant fare for Kieran when he was 6 mths and that was ok cos he could still go into the bassinet and it was only the 3 of us so it was manageable. At 1 yo, it was still ok to fly without a seat for him cos he still didn't know how to walk, tho he was a quite wriggly la. but he slept on the entire flight to Japan that time so again there was no problem.

We thought that he was going to be ok too when we flew to US again when he was 1.5yo. That trip was terrible cos he slept during the short leg of the flight into Narita and then stayed awake the whole 9hrs into SFO!! We wanted to save money and thus didn't get a seat for him. And because I was pregs with Kiefer at that time, I could let him jump around on me and so poor hubby had to handle him the whole flight. We wanted to get a seat for him on our return flights but was told that we would have to pay something like 2k for his one-way tix!! so again suffered on the way home.

So the last trip to Shanghai, we got Kieran his own seat (child fare) and Kiefer, infant fare. And it was good. There was space for Kieran to wriggle and do his own thing and cos he is so small, 1 seat is enough for him to lie down and sleep as well. But then again, Shanghai was a short flight with a stopover in HK, so it may be a diff scenario on a longer flight. Still I suggest, on long flights, I think must def get a seat for mobile kids and bring the car seat to strap them in.

tweetie,
you'll have to have a car seat for brid in US anyway, so if you get a seat for her, you can put her in the car seat in the plane. And if you are travelling on your own with Brid, try to fly asian airlines and inform them beforehand that you will be alone and need assistance.

And I need to ask you something, you were a fully pumping mum right? I am pumping once a day for Kiefer (i latch the other times) and for the last 2-3 weeks, I can't get the let-down reflex at all and it is just frustrating to need an entire 1 hr to pump when I used to be able to do so in 20mins. any advice on how to stimulate the let-down. tried to smell, the visual but still no have!! only way is to get kiefer to nurse then will have. so sometimes bluff him to nurse for the letdown to just to pump.. the poor baby!!

thewife, yr scenario same as mine. So now, like no momentum like tat. I guess hv to try to put in more gear liao!
kao_laugh.gif

Ruggs, I am still considering whether to bring her coz she always fidgets ard and can't sit still. My nxt alternative will be Japan since travelling time is shorter. Ya, if I can I prob try to take SQ.

K is abt 7mths now rite? I always had let down even though I nvr latch on. I started not hvg such let down was when my supply dropped tremendously when I reduced my freq from 3 to 2x. Just wanna ask did you c a reduction in EBM lately? If not, then its gotta do with the mind liao, maybe u r stressed.

hi tweetie,
Kiefer is 8 months already!
happy.gif
When I latch him I usually get the let-down, it's only when I pump, it doesn't come. And I'm getting worried cos I will not have the time to sit there for 1 hr just to pump when school starts next week for me!!! Think I may have to start him on some formula le...
sad.gif

tweetie
how many months old is brid?
based on my experience to bangkok which is only 2hrs, i already found it a hassle having to carry her all the time, we cant have peace during mealtime.
If you are going for longer flight, i suggest you choose childfare, at least she gets a seat and you can distract her by letting her draw on her doodle, play with the controller etc.

Ruggs, no let down = not much BM yield. R u stressed over starting school? Mayb that's the reason for it. If really like tat, then u really hv to start FM.

thewife, I guess hv to do a lot of planning before gg. And yes, mayb hv to lug a bag of toys onboard to keep her entertained.
sad.gif

tweetie,
dunno leh.. the no letdown started about 2 weeks back. but today i went back sch to do some stuff and I pumped for about 1/2h and the letdown came!! so I really dunno what's up. maybe my pump is getting old liao. I had it since Kieran.

abt the toys, the first trip with Kieran, I lugged quite a bit of small toys but didn't really use them and i also found that when they drop the small toys, it's quite hard to find them. Brid is about 1 right? does she like to doodle? I found crayons and paper the best the keep them entertained. and of cos, the inflight entertainment. Kieran watches Baby einstein on the flights. Ration the toys. don't take them out all at once and dun let her know that you have a bag of toys if not she'll want everything all at once.
Just take things slow and dun plan to do too many things and you'll be fine.
I think it's really great to bring your kids on holidays with you. Kieran is starting to be able to remember things that he sees and hear. It's been really fun having the boys on all our holidays.
happy.gif

Ruggs,

What pump did u hv? I was using the Medela PIS Advanced and it serves me good. Now that I hv stopped using, I m selling it cheap cheap coz dun even know if no. 2 will mk its appearance or not. Keep liao, also dunno if it will work later on.

Oh, so far, I hvn really given her crayons and paper yet, intending to do so this weekend when I buy her some. Brid has the tendency to put whatever she sees in her mouth. We caught her eating leaves in the garden just last week, and yesterday she had a bit of tummy upset.
sad.gif

Brid loves Winnie the Pooh and Baby Einstein, do they hv on flights? Oh, toys are the usual back up if all else fails, rite? haha!!! Oh yes, I tink so too esp when they r able to respond to you when they see things that interest them.

tweetie,
i am using the ameda lactaline. i find that it is very good, considering it is only about half the price of the medela & the avent and I've had it since Kieran. I think it's the stress lah.. today i pumped in sch and i had the letdown and everything. will see how it goes. anyway i intend to bf Kiefer till he is one and that's only 4 more months.
happy.gif
Now i'm quite lazy to go think about how and when to start him on some formula!! haha.

NWA has Baby Einstein on their inflight entertainment, dunno about the other airlines. When I went Shanghai this time round, we took CX and there wasn't Baby einstein tho'. you can also consider bringing along a portable DVD player. but must ration the watching time lah.. unless you can get the seats with the power , then you can charge them.

hi ladies!
im using ameda as well tho' i didnt have much milk. Im keeping it for my next one.

tweetie
im bringing my gal to bali this march to attend a friend's wedding. good luck to me. i actually thought of bringing the maid instead of daddy who can't really help
sad.gif

Ameda is a gd pump too. I heard gd reviews abt it.

Ruggs, ya lar... i tink its the stress that is causing u all these hiccups. Try to let loose and prob drink a warm cup of beverage before expressing. It will help. 4mths is easy. I was milking until 11.5mths, excess stock lasted her till last friday. Then dunno y, she is on milk strike this wk again. I dun tink its the FM prob, I tink its like the time of the mth again for her. Every 1.5mths, she will hv this ongoing strike which will last for 1mth. Strange girl and until now, I dunno the reason why. Did u give K GainIQ when he was 1?

Trip.. Haiz... mayb change of plans, might go Jpn instead. Nearer coz I dun feel so confident abt gg with her alone. Plus I nid a break, I feel I nid to get out of S'pore. Work is too stressful.
sad.gif
Kids these day so fortunate, can get to go hols n still hv TV programmes to watch on flight.

thewife, bali shd b ok lar. Huh... y bring a maid? If I were you, I rather not bring. I m sure u can cope la. No fret!!! Talk abt Bali, r u familiar w tat place? Any nice resorts to rec?

Tweetie
i went japan after i deliver, w/o my gal. lots of walking but its a clean and child-friendly place. Lots of walking and shopping.

i just booked my tix, not bringing maid anymore. i thought of buying infant tix for my gal and bring my maid along but she turned 2 by the time we depart, so i have to 'buy' a seat for my gal. I've been there a few times. first stay was at hard rock cafe hotel near kuta beach, central location, u can shop around. 2nd stay was in a villa in a ulu place for company trip. this time round, will be staying at ritz carlton - wedding place of galfren.
if you prefer somewhere more peaceful and not so crowded, try nusa dua..my colleague stayed in Grand Hyatt, heard its very nice.

tweetie,
yah.. think is the start of school thingy lah.. now i got a case of blocked ducts/ infection or something. darn painful but there's no swelling or lumps in the boob. suddenly appeared in the middle of the night! sigh..

I started Kieran on Enfalac when he was about 1, then Enfapro, and then Dugro when he was about 18 mths and he is still on Dugro now.

Japan is a nice place to go, just that the train stations are not exactly very stroller friendly cos they have a lot of stairs. We tend to carry Kieran instead when we were there the last time. Other than that, the place is nice and clean and the people are friendly.

Ruggs, are u getting better? Did you use warm towel to help soothe the blocked ducts or not? Guess u must be gan cheong abt gg bk to school, tat's y u got this whole load of probs.

Hmmm... I started Brid on GainIQ but I didn't quite like the texture of it coz it produces a lot of bubbles when the child is takg it. Brid is trying to adapt to the taste of it, so I shall keep it as it is for now. Dun really wanna confuse her again.

Talking abt JPN, I just missed the SQ promo at $750. Damn it!
sad.gif

hi tweetie,
that's cleared on its own aldy!! thankfully. I guess it's the stress. I'm pumping alright these days and I'm going to intro Fer to some formula soon lah. Just got to get out of the lazy mode to do it.
happy.gif

I'm sure there'll be other promos. bad economy so must have more promotions to get ppl to spend! ;>

Hi ladies...

newbie here. just did my SO-IUI. Scanned today & follicles grew to 15mm...the other 12mm. Praying hard that it'll reach 18mm on Thu. So that we can proceed with IUI.

Keeping fingers crossed
happy.gif

Hi Ruggs, that's good. Yeah, gotta slowly intro FM. Brid got into a bout of rashes again and this time PD says its eczema. Luckily considered mild, given some steriods to apply and it went bk to norm again.
happy.gif
These days, she is slightly better with milk and will ask for it when she is cranky but she still hates to hold her own bottle. I hope this craving milk episode continues till CNY coz I dun tink I can stand those mood swings and milk strikes during festive occassions where old folks will start asking me what's wrong with her, why she keeps rejecting milk etc etc. Haha, if you see all my laments and complaints, u will realise brid is really so girl, got her moodswings and temper all the time, like as if she is a little princess.
happy.gif

How heavy is Fer now? Brid lost all her weight coz of her milk strike and PD suggested to try to give her more. 9.4kg for a 14mth old girl.

Yeah, eager anticipating... btw any rec for hotel or ryokan stay in tokyo? Tinkg of venturing to hokkaido as well.

Devilina, lotsa luck and baby dust to you!!!
kao_babydust2.gif

Tweetie,
Haven weighed fer since his 6mth checkup. He was about 7.8kg that time. I would think he should be at least 8kg now?

Hotels in tokyo? I rec the Hilton man. I didn't stay there, but when I was there, my hubby's cousin was there at the same time and they were at the Hilton, nice and roomy. But double the price for what I paid.. :p

tweetie
SQ's offering attractive airfares for australia!
i've booked my air tix to bali, hopefully i can handle my gal even with hubby around.

HI devilina
welcome! which gynae are u seeing?
i've started seeing Dr Fong Yang who's asking me to see him at CD14 to see my follicle size.

my previous gynae simply gave me clomid and metformin, just had to 'work' hard when i think im ovulating. didnt have to go back to check follicle size. wondering why the difference.

Hi thewife

I'm seeing Dr Fong. Went to see him this morning & my follicles are @ 17.1mm now. Will be doing IUI this Sat.

Maybe Dr Fong wanna monitor your condition.

Ruggs, wah... hilton ah... my pkt will hv a big hole. Cannot lar....

thewife, shdnt b a prob handling yr gal. Its a short trip. Hope you will get good news soon!
happy.gif

Now, I m gg for the nxt round of sunolot, and then see if my cycle can come naturally before I start on clomid.

Tweetie,
I stayed at the Accent at Shinjuku and that was like S$200/day already. And the room was really tiny. According to my cousin who stayed at Hilton, it was only $300+ (he paid even lesser cos he booked using corporate rates). I just went Hilton Tokyo's webbie and it seems that they have some promo for a 3 night stay at about $310 per night.

Good luck on the clomid!!
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,
I started a support group for men & women with reproductive problems,incl. PCOS because my hubby & I are also going through it, please join our group. We can share our experiences, tips and experience the miracles of other members.
http://groups.google.com/group/maybebaby
Looking forward to your support & participation

Dear gals,
How are you? The wife and Catz and also ruggles. Thanks ruggles for giving me the url link, my husband formatted our old CPU and I lost the link and also suddently cannot remember what is this forum called... Really getting old and forgetful now sigh!!

Sorry for MIA for quite sometimes. I finally got to settle down a bit, after quitting my IT job since last year August. I started to give private tuition this year specialised in teaching primary school maths. Get trained in sakamoto method and also teaching in 1 tuition centre in sakamoto method. I also managed to find some private students and doing fine.

Quite happy of what I'm doing now cos I have more time with my girl and feel less stressful. Also feel a sense of satisfaction in teaching.

Cheers

Hi Siew Lei,

Long time no hear, I was thinkg what happened to you.

Wow, I admire your courage to quit and make such a big step out. Till now, I am still pondering to be a SAHM or not. Coz I reckon the stress I am getting is not gg to help me conceive my no. 2.

You stopping at 1?

Back