Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

myfairlady, forgot to tell you don't use walker. Research shows putting baby inside, they end up using different muscles from those needed for walking so don't learn to walk at all. Morever, KKH website (home safety tips section) also says don't get one coz they see many babies who kena accidents while in walkers. In fact Canada already banned walkers and other countries considering the same.

Sama-sama don't use sarong cradle as when baby starts moving more can climb out and fall + break bone. My hubby kena broken collar-bone when about 1+ coz of this. Worst is babies once started on cradle gets very used to it so only sleeps when in that position -- becomes one more problem to wean them off from.

FYI.

melody tmr busy.. shirley can't drive wif bb... only sleek is free, but her son is sick.. hmm...
very hard to have gathering liao..
happy.gif

darling: abit difficult to meet tmr. maybe nxt wk we fix a date.. pot luck? someone's plc? mine? hehe...

anyone wanna suggest a date?

hi petrina,u staying holland blk4,rite?my aunt staying there.sometime i goes holland eat supper during e weekend,alway walk past ur blk.hehe....
kidzskidz:i agree once baby start to learn walk etc better not to slp sarong.they will try to cum out.but wouldn't get used to it as my 2kids also slp in sarong.my gal stop around 1yr+ hershelf saying dun wan then my boy nw still slping in it.bt i alway wif him when he slp in it as i looking through e nets.hehe.....

i'm interested in gathering leh....bt dun potluck,can as i dun cook then duno bring wat leh.....

elvis: i staying holland blk 10.

ermm, no pot luck then any suggestions? cause all have kids.. so abit hard to eat outside..
my hse quite empty.. so i can hold mini gathering here.. hehe..
happy.gif

Petrina: The total cost including Chris charge is about $3k plus... They did a free transfer for me to A2...

Let me find out the bill and update you on the breakdown...

Petrina: Actually i thinking of gather at my place, i can cook for you gal simple meal... but i have a dog at home, i dun think other mummies might feel comfortable with it...

If at your place, maybe i can buy some stuffs and cook[if you dun mind]

kidzkidz
I was praying to God to send me good people to encourage and help my hubby and I in this new journey of adoption (and parenthood) and He sent one who lived so near! I am so thankful now I've a friend whom I can turn to for advice and help in parenting a newborn closeby. Thanks for visiting Ashley's blog. In fact, tomorrow we'll be attending the Children's Memorial at East Coast Park (5pm) organised by Singapore Child Bereavement Support (CBS). There'll be poetry reading, names dedication and all bereaved parents who are present will be releasing balloons en-mass to our babies together in the hope that they'll bring our kisses to them straight to Heaven. To see what last year's Memorial was like, check it out here: http://www.childbereavementsupport.org.sg/memorial_event_next%202.html

I'm fine for a meet-up too ladies. Shirley, I have a dog too at home and KidzKidz has a cat. We're animal lovers
happy.gif

shirley: my plc lots things dun have... cause we dun cook at home de.. tats y i suggested potluck. so we can each bring something.. i was thinking of preparing fruits or agar agar..
happy.gif

cause i scared animals.. hehe, i only have hamsters at home...
happy.gif
shirley, i dun mind ur hse, but while i'm there, maybe ur dog can slp in the rm for those moments?

OK, i'll start ball rolling...

Gathering
Location - Shirley's Hse / My Hse
Date - Mid Wk *3rd-7th Mar*
Time - Lunch *12noon-4pm*

Attendees
1) Petrina
2) Shirley
3) Angel
4) Sleek

anymore?

Hi Angel

All the best in your adoption. Hope the process is smooth for you. Note that it is not ez being a parent esp mum hehehe..... but I am sure you will be a good and patience one not like me.

All the best and Take good care ya.

Petrina
lunch I can't cos am working...maybe the SAHMs can meet up 1st then...

Sandy
yes, i know it's not going to be easy being a 1st time mummy that's why I am here for support!
happy.gif

oh, angel. paiseh.. i think evening is difficult cause most hbs will be home by then? maybe anyone can suggest a alternative?

Angel, I'm very honoured. Am also very, very happy to have new friend! Like you said, how come we never met before though just staying one flr apart? Next time our kidz can play together and terrorise the neighbourhood. Heheh...

The event 2mr sounds beautiful. Will pray for nice breezy sunset to be a wonderful canvas for it to take place. May both of you be ministered by the sharing.

Mommies, I'm actually was wondering if anybody wants to go to JL preview sale next wk - 3days from Tu-Thu. I was thinking of going to the Marina one then to Carrefour. Both have delivery services when you purchase $150/$180 respectively so nowadays I go and do bulk purchase of baby wipes, etc @ JL (got member discount) and @ Carrefour do bulk purchase of fabric softener, laundry detergent, etc. They deliver to door so we needn't break our backs carrying back. Especially since both also no licence -- only licence to drive people up the wall...

So anyone wants to go? I'm going to take leave to shop from like 10am - 4pm (gotta send princess to infant care and pick her up)

Gathering
Location - Shirley's Hse / My Hse

Attendees
1) Petrina
2) Shirley
3) Angel
4) Sleek
5) Shauna (count me in!)(but cannot cook, can i buy food? keke)

kidzskidz, thanks for the childcare info, will call to find out more.
My girl used a walker last time also but I pass it to someone so now for my boy, I'm looking for one. I believe in not using the walker if possible but then as my mil is the main caregiver, I can't reallly say no...

Sarong, my 2 kids use it. My girl after 2yr+ she dont want, then boy still sleeping but only in the afternoon. You know he fall down when he's about 2m+. Partially my fault cos rushing to work, din hook properly so when mil use it, drop the sarong down. Luckily no head injury!

We brought him to see PD Chia, say nothing wrong but after 2nd day mil still find not safe, just ask me to bring boy to KKH. Then this KKH doctor also say looks aright but ask me to let him stay to monitor cos according to handbook, baby below 3mths if fall down, need to stay for close monitoring. Luckily I ask if my baby stay in hospital will he be given any CCT scan cos the doctor din do any scan on him, apparently no scan even if admitted to hospital! Then what for I need to pay so much to stay 1 night when I can monitor my baby at home, seriously sucking money.

Angela, I used 2 massages for my 2 pregnancies. Mdm Siti: 98363699 use traditional cloth wrap, need to buy the cloth at $10 if din remember wrongly. She charge $60 per session.
Mdm Khatijah use tummy binder, its a package, I think around $55-60 per session, give 2 free baby massage. She's good but the last session I'm not too happy with her cos she keep on changing her time slot.
There's another one, din try her but charge less than $50/session: Mdm Noor: 90048804

You can start massaging after 2 wks from c-section. Try to do in the morning after your wash up, cos the muscle is more relax and easier to massage.

myfairlady - understand with your MIL being caregiver. Exactly with the sarong sling thing lor...

For me I used a baby carrier and so my princess was leaning on me mostly -- she was able to do so from about 2.5M when able to hold head up. I was able to work @ PC like that. Heheh.

But she's had a few bumps already -- usually when she in my care! Sigh. So always observe her to see if any vomiting which is sigh of concuss.

myfairlady: i heard tat PD Chia is no good? got abo chap attitude?

angela is looking for massage lady? i have some references...

Angela, I used this Chinese Massage Lady after my C-section last year. Quite good, I recommended it to MyFairLady too.

Caroline 96806422 (say you're recommended by Angeline from Clementi).

Shuana you also the same problem with mdm khatijah, she also sms me on that day only after I sms her asking if she's coming, not once fly kite but 3 times until I give up and ask mdm siti.

yah Kidz, no choice cos I'm staying with my in laws, so I already learn to compromise, my friends say I already "chen xian". Which infant care your girl goes to? Near clementi?

Petrina, my hb don't like PD Chia, feels she's stuck up attitude, for me I think she din display that type of caring compare to the GP we always went. But there's no other PD around clementi, not that I know of, so if really no choice, still have to go to PD Chia.

myfairlady: ya.. cause there is a thread on PD Chia... very horrible. gave NB due to expire eyedrop. then parents dun wan, they wan prescription, PD Chia wanna charge them.
eventually they paid $66 in total for nothing...

Caroline sounds familiar... My fren also recommend me. $60 per hr rite? very good i heard.
CSI also used her...

Hi mommies
Since we are on the topic of massage, can i check if is it useful to do massage after few months of giving birth? I gave birth 8 months ago. (c -section) but couldnt do massage at that time. is it too late now? will it be effective? If you ask the massage ladies directly, I'm sure they'll say its effective. just want a general opinion.
thanks

Gathering
Location - Shirley's Hse / petrina's Hse

Attendees
1) Petrina
2) Shirley
3) Angel
4) Sleek (mon/ tues cannot)
5) Shauna (count me in!)(but cannot cook, can i buy food? keke)

Mummies, please take my name off the list as I'm working full-time, can't meet from 12 to 4pm (though I would love to!). Thanks!

Petrina: serious? I din know so horrible :p
Angel recommends me Caroline too, hehe paisey angel, I din use her. Her charges is $68/session, if goes to her shop is $60 or $65 I can't remember.

2pregnant: my last massage is 6month after I delivery, seriously overdue...
Did you do any massage after 1-2 months? From my experience, it will be 6-7 sessions then for C-section have to wait 1 month later to push up the womb. If you haven't have any, can try 1 to ask the massage lady to push up your womb, if talk about slimming, maybe might need to use a binder for more than a month to be effective? Need to ask the massage lady on that. Mdm siti told me for us ladies, it seems benefical to have massage quarterly to push up the womb once a while, but not too high, difficult to conceive
happy.gif

Kidz, received your pm, thanks!

Gathering
Location - Shirley's Hse / petrina's Hse

Attendees
1) Petrina
2) Shirley
3) Sleek (mon/ tues cannot)
4) Shauna (count me in!)(but cannot cook, can i buy food? keke)
5) Elvis?

Gathering
Location - Shirley's Hse [dog will be cage in the kitchen] / petrina's Hse

Attendees
1) Petrina
2) Shirley
5) Elvis?

myfairlady: ya.. u can source through.. there is a new thread on tat. of course provide it's the same PD Chia.. high chance lah..

Gathering
Location - Shirley's Hse [dog will be cage in the kitchen] then we stick to ur hse bah..
happy.gif

Date - Mid Wk *3rd-7th Mar* Which Date?

Attendees
1) Petrina
2) Shirley
5) Elvis?

shirley: we dun mind... as long as ur dog is not anywhere near me.. keke... otherwise i may shock myself into labour? keke
happy.gif

i very scared of dogs/cats de.. lolz

petrina: i thought u want bb to come out earlier :p at least then you'll have us around to help rush you to hospital, keke

hi myfairlady!! no I did not do any massages aft delivery at all. however doctor after 1 month checkup did say that womb has gone back to normal. however I have a big tummy (fats), which I need to reduce,so I was wondering whether these massages really work?
thanks

wah...missed so many posts...

Thanks for the welcome!
happy.gif

My addy? Blk 356 Clementi Ave 2. Parents' place lah. Been living there my entire life till I got married and moved out. But now with baby, I'm there everyday...hahaha. Baby was born early December...

I'm going back to work next week liaoz!! sob sob...
sad.gif

hi,i'm ok with e timing but have to leave around 2pm as i fetching my gal e 2.30pm from e nursery.will bring my boy to e gathering.hw to get to shirley hse?any mummies like to met e 1 of e mrt to go 2gether?

I looked at a map online, can take bus 14, 33, 74, 166, 196 to shirley's place, her block is just beside heritage view.

sleek: haha... use shirley's dog to induce labour?? hmm... good idea hor..

elvis: i stay in holland ave. prob take bus?

CSI: u wan meet up?

mrt can't get to her place?actually i think of bring stroller so if take bus can't manage leh....hehe.....

Welcome dingdong!

Petrina: maybe we can even sell the idea to other mummies if it works, heh. i arrange with you another day for the bathtub, lazy to go out of house today, and tmr will be busy whole day. maybe can drop by your place before going to shirley's place.

<table border=1><tr><td>Shirley</TD><TD>Blk 4, Dover Road</TD><TD>7&amp;6 yo boys and 2m girl</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angela</TD><TD>Blk 18 Dover Crescent</TD><TD>EDD Mar 17</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Koori </TD><TD>Blk 18 Dover Crescent</TD><TD>EDD Mar 18</TD><TD>WM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melody05 </TD><TD>6 Dover Rise</TD><TD>22m boy</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>gecko</TD><TD>8 dover rise</TD><TD>2yo girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelsky</TD><TD>10 dover rise</TD><TD>1m girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaime</TD><TD>Blk 348, Clementi Ave 5</TD><TD>6m boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolyan </TD><TD>Blk 436, Clementi Ave 3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleek</TD><TD>clementi</TD><TD>7m boy</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cecilia </TD><TD>Blk 358 Clementi Avenue 2</TD><TD>2yo girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>myfairlady</TD><TD>clementi ave 4</TD><TD>girl &amp; boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2pregnant</TD><TD>Clementi Ave 6</TD><TD>7yo &amp; 8m boys</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>darling</TD><TD>clementi ave 2</TD><TD>EDD Mar</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelineyl</TD><TD>Blk 364 Clementi ave 2</TD><TD>7m</TD><TD>WM </TD></TR><TR><TD>CSI fan</TD><TD>Blk 356 Clementi Ave 2</TD><TD>2m girl</TD><TD>WM </TD></TR><TR><TD>dingdong</TD><TD>Blk 334 Clementi Ave 2.</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kidzskidz </TD><TD>Blk 413 Commonwealth Ave West</TD><TD>1yo girl</TD><TD>WM </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>Blk 413 Commonwealth Ave West</TD><TD>waiting to adopt a lovely girl
happy.gif
</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elvis</TD><TD>commonwealth drive</TD><TD>3+yo girl &amp; 1+yo boy</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shauna</TD><TD>west coast</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Grace</TD><TD>West Coast</TD><TD>19m boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bernice</TD><TD>Holland</TD><TD>4yo &amp; 14m girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Petrina </TD><TD>blk 10 holland ave</TD><TD>EDD Mar 25, boy</TD><TD>WM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hapi Melodius</TD><TD>Blk 73A Redhill Road</TD><TD>5yo boy and pair of 2yo twins</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy_mum </TD><TD>BLK 96 Henderson Road</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

please dont be shy about letting me know if I missed anyone out (just pm or tell me here
happy.gif

Back