IVF in 2021?

Wow that’s great! How many will you be doing blasto?
Dr Loh told you what could have been the reason for failed FET?
After explaining the options and his thoughts , he recommended to do 2 FET and use 3 embryos each without blasting
But it’s all up to us and he’ll do blastocyst if we want
So I guess we’ll consider a bit more since we still have some time

After explaining the options and his thoughts , he recommended to do 2 FET and use 3 embryos each without blasting
U mean transfer 3 embryos? Wow, imagine all 3 implanted.. did he say whats the odds?

Oh I see, thank you for the info! :)

Got my beta today and it’s BFN. Will also ask
dr Loh if can put 3 embryos for 1 FET, if not possible, will opt for blastocyst.

dr Loh if can put 3 embryos for 1 FET, if not possible, will opt for blastocyst.
I’m sorry to hear that.
Yes might be good to ask him. Also good to see what he thinks about blastocysts

I’m sorry to hear that.
Yes might be good to ask him. Also good to see what he thinks about blastocysts
I wasn’t really surprised with the result as i can feel my menses coming soon. 2nd FET wasn’t so heartbreaking, maybe i learned how to manage it.
When are you planning your next FET? Planning to take my covid vaccine first

I wasn’t really surprised with the result as i can feel my menses coming soon. 2nd FET wasn’t so heartbreaking, maybe i learned how to manage it.
When are you planning your next FET? Planning to take my covid vaccine first
I’m going for FET at my next menses

I've called to make an appt with Dr Roland Chieng and it's in August!! Guess with Dr Ann Tan away, it's bound to be busier for him.
i've already done all the blood tests, scans, semen tests, even HSG, with NUH. Only now moving forward with a different clinic because NUH IVF clinic undergoing reno. Else i would have just continued with them.
In any case, hopefully that cuts the initial costing.
The customer service officer said the cost is $22k minimum.

I also made appt with Dr SF Loh, it's next week! So i guess i'll be able to go and see if and how he thinks i can proceed (or not).

Just from the looks of the costs of the first consult, it seems Dr Roland is about 30% more
Hi, may I know how's your experience with Dr SF Loh? Am also considering between him and Dr Roland. Thanks in advance :)

Hi, may I know how's your experience with Dr SF Loh? Am also considering between him and Dr Roland. Thanks in advance :)
I haven’t gone to see Dr Roland but my experience with Dr Loh is this:
Clinic staff are pretty good
Apart from waiting to see the doc everything tends to be pretty quick
Average appt lasts about 3-15 min
Prices are mid point between public hospital and Virtus
Dr Loh himself is a straight talker but I get the impression that if options are available to you he’ll be open to go with your decision. If not then he’ll pretty much tell you ok we will do this do that let’s go
If you’re the type who needs to know details and reasons (like me!) then you may want to go with specific questions so u can ask him directly. He’ll be more than happy to answer.
The clinic philosophy is Day 2 transfer / freezing as he believes the body is the best environment
So if u know you prefer going blastocysts or only freezing at day 3 you might want to bring this up.
He’ll be open for alternative actions.
Hope this helps you :)

Actually sometimes he will propose blastocyst. After failing 2 transfers, he was the one who proposed to transfer blastocysts to me which was what exactly I had in mind too. I guess, it boils down to what your situation is.

Actually sometimes he will propose blastocyst. After failing 2 transfers, he was the one who proposed to transfer blastocysts to me which was what exactly I had in mind too. I guess, it boils down to what your situation is.
That’s very interesting
When I had my review he told me on his own words he’s very lukewarm about blastocysts. And he has ready stats and figures and stories to tell why he felt that way.
he maintained but if I want to do it he can do it for me.
Ultimately I asked ok what would you advise for my case?
That’s when he said ok do the FET with 3 embryos

hmm I think next time I see him I’ll need to really clarify if he’ll do day 2 transfer (mine are frozen Day 2) or will want to culture to day 3 or even blastocysts
In the end we’re all going to him cos of his expertise. Personally I just prefer to know what we’re doing and why :)

That’s very interesting
When I had my review he told me on his own words he’s very lukewarm about blastocysts. And he has ready stats and figures and stories to tell why he felt that way.
he maintained but if I want to do it he can do it for me.
Ultimately I asked ok what would you advise for my case?
That’s when he said ok do the FET with 3 embryos

hmm I think next time I see him I’ll need to really clarify if he’ll do day 2 transfer (mine are frozen Day 2) or will want to culture to day 3 or even blastocysts
In the end we’re all going to him cos of his expertise. Personally I just prefer to know what we’re doing and why :)
Maybe it also depends on how many embryos you have? My first frozen he did 2xd3, second fresh he proposed 2xd2, last frozen was 2xd5. Basically I worked all permutations. I guess he did not propose 3 embryos because of age.

blastocyst transfers work well to weed out the not so good ones in my case? i guess so? Like for my blasts, d2 quality was comparable but come day 5, only one moved on to become a blast, one early blast, the rest were slower.

Last edited:
Maybe it also depends on how many embryos you have? My first frozen he did 2xd3, second fresh he proposed 2xd2, last frozen was 2xd5. Basically I worked all permutations. I guess he did not propose 3 embryos because of age.
I have 6 frozen at day 2.
May I ask did any of the last 3 transfers result in BFP? Since you’ve done all the permutations

I have 6 frozen at day 2.
May I ask did any of the last 3 transfers result in BFP? Since you’ve done all the permutations
My last 2x blast transfer resulted in a pair of twins :) It was unexpected and I had complications earlier the pregnancy so if he does 3 embryos for a single transfer and all implant, triplets will definitely carry a higher risk especially with increasing maternal age. Honestly he is a very experienced doctor and good in his skills but i find his risk appetite very high and he is very into pumping meds into his patients regardless the need. Heard from a lot of multiples pregnancy mums abt the amounts of meds he prescribed into their pregnancy to prevent preterm labour because I discontinued with him due to my complications.

My last 2x blast transfer resulted in a pair of twins :) It was unexpected and I had complications earlier the pregnancy so if he does 3 embryos for a single transfer and all implant, triplets will definitely carry a higher risk especially with increasing maternal age. Honestly he is a very experienced doctor and good in his skills but i find his risk appetite very high and he is very into pumping meds into his patients regardless the need. Heard from a lot of multiples pregnancy mums abt the amounts of meds he prescribed into their pregnancy to prevent preterm labour because I discontinued with him due to my complications.
I did also hear his nurse say he’s rather aggressive
Nurse said clinic had 10% twins.
I’m 42 now and if he’s recommending me to use 3 embryos I really hope he believes not all will take
So u had complications then changed docs cos he’s aggressive with meds?

I did also hear his nurse say he’s rather aggressive
Nurse said clinic had 10% twins.
I’m 42 now and if he’s recommending me to use 3 embryos I really hope he believes not all will take
So u had complications then changed docs cos he’s aggressive with meds?
He could not resolve my complications and gave me an answer that I wanted. And only just pumped me with a lot of meds which did not really help much despite the high dosage. I understood from other twin mums that he is used to prescribing lots of meds for them esp those with complications or even to prevent later complications midway through the pregnancy. I went to another gynae who took me off meds and never restarted me on any because he found it was unnecessary and I had a smooth pregnancy once the complication resolved itself post first trimester.

based on age and your history, he might guess not all 3 will take. Even if all 3 takes, he probably has all the confidence to ensure things run smoothly until delivery because he has handled cases with more than triplets (he kept repeating this during my first visit with him! Haha so it is ingrained in me!). Most importantly, it is your comfort level and confidence with him. I believe everyone needs a different doctor for assurance. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa, so if you have faith in him, just believe in it :)

for me,I am just sharing my experience with him for embryos of different days to provide a perspective :) ultimately I believe, if that batch of embryos is of good quality, somehow it will work out regardless of the number of days.With bad quality, no matter how many he puts in, it will not work out.

He could not resolve my complications and gave me an answer that I wanted. And only just pumped me with a lot of meds which did not really help much despite the high dosage. I understood from other twin mums that he is used to prescribing lots of meds for them esp those with complications or even to prevent later complications midway through the pregnancy. I went to another gynae who took me off meds and never restarted me on any because he found it was unnecessary and I had a smooth pregnancy once the complication resolved itself post first trimester.

based on age and your history, he might guess not all 3 will take. Even if all 3 takes, he probably has all the confidence to ensure things run smoothly until delivery because he has handled cases with more than triplets (he kept repeating this during my first visit with him! Haha so it is ingrained in me!). Most importantly, it is your comfort level and confidence with him. I believe everyone needs a different doctor for assurance. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa, so if you have faith in him, just believe in it :)

for me,I am just sharing my experience with him for embryos of different days to provide a perspective :) ultimately I believe, if that batch of embryos is of good quality, somehow it will work out regardless of the number of days.With bad quality, no matter how many he puts in, it will not work out.
I think you’re right. If the eggs are good it would work out. If not then so the other alternatives are just to obtain that similar rates of success.
I don’t think I’ll be that ‘lucky’ lol
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

If I rem correctly u have 3 kids now? Just curious how many girls/ boys..

I think you’re right. If the eggs are good it would work out. If not then so the other alternatives are just to obtain that similar rates of success.
I don’t think I’ll be that ‘lucky’ lol
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!
You never know! I never thought I would ever have twins. For the years I struggled with IVF and infertility, I started off dreaming of having two kids then down to one and then wondering if I ever will have any and then I lucked out with my twins :) so don’t give up!

Last edited:
Reactions: JnA
You never know! I never thought I would ever have twins. For the years ai struggled with IVF and infertility, I started off dreaming fo two kids then down to one and then wondering if I ever will have any and then I lucked out with my twins :) so don’t give up!
what an inspiring IVF journey :) I’m left with 3 d3 embryos after 2 failed FET and curious what Dr Loh’s advice would be on our next appointment.. hoping i’d have the same successful experience as yours

Nope, my twin girls were my one and only successful cycle. All others prior failed me probably due to poor embryo quality. This cycle probably succeeded with better quality embryos.
So cute! Are they identical? I had twins too but mc. So I'm always very excited to see twins..

Anyways.. u still have any embryos left? Will u do any more FET?

what an inspiring IVF journey :) I’m left with 3 d3 embryos after 2 failed FET and curious what Dr Loh’s advice would be on our next appointment.. hoping i’d have the same successful experience as yours
Maybe blasts? I guess this or either just with other meds like intralipid or prednisolone or endo scratch then use the remaining d3s. His MO is quite like that. That would also be dependent on your risk appetite because blasting may also risk no transfers if all growth arrested before d5. It is never an easy decision.

good luck on your transfer. Ivf is very draining but actually it is just a timing game. Your time will come :) just work on building up your body for a good and successful transfer. I rest almost one year in between my transfers/cycles so I actually took a long while.

Last edited:
So cute! Are they identical? I had twins too but mc. So I'm always very excited to see twins..

Anyways.. u still have any embryos left? Will u do any more FET?
My babies are non identical. So it means both implanted. Ya, twins have higher risk of miscarriage. I went to my gynae due to the complications and because of it he told me very frankly, I might lose both, lose one, or keep both. It really is luck already (based on my condition then). Frankly speaking, I am very very lucky that’s why I said I really lucked out. And the mum’s body must be able to tahan the 37 weeks of pregnancy (minimum) to deliver full term. Late complications like pre-eclampsia and GD or growth issues usually set in due to the stress to the body and I really heard of many many stories of such, not even mentioning the mental, physical and emotional toll that takes to take care of them thereafter.
I still have embryos in the freezer. Not sure if I will do another FET because I am not desperate for one more liao. Plus I keep having this guilt of not giving them enough attention like I can never console both at the same time whenever they cry together so there is never this first born time solely even with one baby that people encounter. I guess having another will take away even more time and attention from them. Financial constraints and manpower at home to help is also another issue.
Coupled with the fact, I may spend money on another FET but I may not have anything implanted and growing which is a waste of money. I think I will definitely go for blasts again since the successful one was with blasts but my second fresh also failed despite embryos from the same batch so I am rather lukewarm about it.

My babies are non identical. So it means both implanted. Ya, twins have higher risk of miscarriage. I went to my gynae due to the complications and because of it he told me very frankly, I might lose both, lose one, or keep both. It really is luck already (based on my condition then). Frankly speaking, I am very very lucky that’s why I said I really lucked out. And the mum’s body must be able to tahan the 37 weeks of pregnancy (minimum) to deliver full term. Late complications like pre-eclampsia and GD or growth issues usually set in due to the stress to the body and I really heard of many many stories of such, not even mentioning the mental, physical and emotional toll that takes to take care of them thereafter.
I still have embryos in the freezer. Not sure if I will do another FET because I am not desperate for one more liao. Plus I keep having this guilt of not giving them enough attention like I can never console both at the same time whenever they cry together so there is never this first born time solely even with one baby that people encounter. I guess having another will take away even more time and attention from them. Financial constraints and manpower at home to help is also another issue.
Coupled with the fact, I may spend money on another FET but I may not have anything implanted and growing which is a waste of money. I think I will definitely go for blasts again since the successful one was with blasts but my second fresh also failed despite embryos from the same batch so I am rather lukewarm about it.
Haha I sometimes do feel guilty towards my kid too even though she's the only child for now. Cos I also feel tired and want to rest and don't keep spending time with her. But I get what u mean. Whenever she cries I will hug her immediately, if have 2 kids crying together then it might be tough to console 2 at a go.
Nonetheless, the twin sisters will grow up closer and console each other soon

How old are u by the way? Can always wait till the twins are older.. just have to keep paying storage fees

But ya its not cheap to raise kids and really takes a whole village to raise 1 kid, let alone twins

Maybe blasts? I guess this or either just with other meds like intralipid or prednisolone or endo scratch then use the remaining d3s. His MO is quite like that. That would also be dependent on your risk appetite because blasting may also risk no transfers if all growth arrested before d5. It is never an easy decision.

good luck on your transfer. Ivf is very draining but actually it is just a timing game. Your time will come :) just work on building up your body for a good and successful transfer. I rest almost one year in between my transfers/cycles so I actually took a long while.
Thank you! :) Praying that next FET would be successful..
Btw, prior to your ER, did you take supplements like coq10/ubiquinol to prepare for healthy eggs?

Thank you! :) Praying that next FET would be successful..
Btw, prior to your ER, did you take supplements like coq10/ubiquinol to prepare for healthy eggs?
Yes I did. And a whole lot of other supplements. Haha desperate! Took for a year when I rested to prep for my ivf :)

Hi All. I am new to this forum and looking forward to connecting with everyone. Knowing there are other ladies fighting out there makes me feel not alone in this journey.

I am in my natural FET 2ww (7dp5dt now) after a failed fresh transfer. I feel so pessimistic about this cycle after doing hpt yesterday morning with bfn and regretted why I tested as I felt better not knowing. To make matters worse now I get brown spotting. I know I have to keep my chin up and wait for my beta test this Friday which seems like an eternity now.

For those of you who use Crinone during this 2ww, how long do you walk it off to minimize the discharge? Initially I would walk around the block for a good 20 min and there would only be very little discharge but recently been just within my unit as it gets difficult managing the time and now am having brown spotting. Does duration of walking affect the effectiveness of this medicine and how much spotting you have?

Hi All. I am new to this forum and looking forward to connecting with everyone. Knowing there are other ladies fighting out there makes me feel not alone in this journey.

I am in my natural FET 2ww (7dp5dt now) after a failed fresh transfer. I feel so pessimistic about this cycle after doing hpt yesterday morning with bfn and regretted why I tested as I felt better not knowing. To make matters worse now I get brown spotting. I know I have to keep my chin up and wait for my beta test this Friday which seems like an eternity now.

For those of you who use Crinone during this 2ww, how long do you walk it off to minimize the discharge? Initially I would walk around the block for a good 20 min and there would only be very little discharge but recently been just within my unit as it gets difficult managing the time and now am having brown spotting. Does duration of walking affect the effectiveness of this medicine and how much spotting you have?
I actually didn't walk alot after crinone.. just normally around the house. I feel the gel has to be at room temp when u insert so won't have too much of the clots coming out..

I vaguely rem I have spotting from 7dp5dt or 8dp5dt but I tested faint positive that time. My spotting lasted all the way to 9 or 10weeks preggy

I actually didn't walk alot after crinone.. just normally around the house. I feel the gel has to be at room temp when u insert so won't have too much of the clots coming out..

I vaguely rem I have spotting from 7dp5dt or 8dp5dt but I tested faint positive that time. My spotting lasted all the way to 9 or 10weeks preggy

Thank you so much. It is hard to keep hopes up when you see spotting. It is a mental torture. How long did you have to use crinone after tested positive?

Haha I sometimes do feel guilty towards my kid too even though she's the only child for now. Cos I also feel tired and want to rest and don't keep spending time with her. But I get what u mean. Whenever she cries I will hug her immediately, if have 2 kids crying together then it might be tough to console 2 at a go.
Nonetheless, the twin sisters will grow up closer and console each other soon

How old are u by the way? Can always wait till the twins are older.. just have to keep paying storage fees

But ya its not cheap to raise kids and really takes a whole village to raise 1 kid, let alone twins
37 this year. So I don’t think I have much time more to wait if I going for another round of FET. The energy needed to go through the sleepless nights and chase after a toddler is a lot. If I need to, I think I must do FET latest next year

Thank you so much. It is hard to keep hopes up when you see spotting. It is a mental torture. How long did you have to use crinone after tested positive?
Just go for bt and don’t do hpt anymore. I keep telling myself if it is there it is there, if not no matter how many times I do hpt it will not be positive. Had too many heartbreaks through the ivf journey until I gave up hpts. Anyway, regardless positive or negative, I spot. So spotting is really not a very accurate measurement.

37 this year. So I don’t think I have much time more to wait if I going for another round of FET. The energy needed to go through the sleepless nights and chase after a toddler is a lot. If I need to, I think I must do FET latest next year
Yes agree.. its really tiring..

Just go for bt and don’t do hpt anymore. I keep telling myself if it is there it is there, if not no matter how many times I do hpt it will not be positive. Had too many heartbreaks through the ivf journey until I gave up hpts. Anyway, regardless positive or negative, I spot. So spotting is really not a very accurate measurement.
Yeah, I have decided I won't buy hpt anymore. If I don't have it, I won't be tempted to test. You are right, if it is there, it is there. Else, nothing will change.

Hi ladies am back. Anyone as blur as me left menopur jabs out of fridge overnight? Super worried.. tnight need to jab 150 menopur and I cant get new dose of menopur due to Public hol... am scared my current batch of menopur spoil/ contaminated sigh

Hi ladies am back. Anyone as blur as me left menopur jabs out of fridge overnight? Super worried.. tnight need to jab 150 menopur and I cant get new dose of menopur due to Public hol... am scared my current batch of menopur spoil/ contaminated sigh
Oh dear how many are there? I guess no choice u jab tonight tmr call clinic?

Hi Squarey, I have stage 4 endometriosis too. Have you had any cystectomy? If you have any cysts or polyps currently you will have to have them removed before the IVF.

Hi, I have stage 4 too. Did keyhole surgery, been through 1 IUI, 3 IVF, all failed, and I went tcm, got conceived naturally.

We will also be returning 100++ eggs to zhu sheng niang niang for blessing us with a healthy 3.895kg baby boy.
We will also be returning 100++ eggs to zhu sheng niang niang for blessing us with a healthy 3.895kg baby boy.

Please come down and take the eggs if you are free! Baby dust to all couple ttc! Have faith in the process.

Date: 24th July 2021 (Saturday)
Time: around 10am
Address: Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery 184 Jalan Toa Payoh S’319944)

Hi all,

Please come down and take the eggs if you are free! Baby dust to all couple ttc! Have faith in the process.

Hi all,

Hi, I have stage 4 too. Did keyhole surgery, been through 1 IUI, 3 IVF, all failed, and I went tcm, got conceived naturally.

Hi Xiao Xiao.. congratulations for ur new born… may I noe which TCMu went? And how to pray to Zhu Shen Niang Niang?

Back