IVF in 2021?

Hello!
Me! I did egg retrieval on 9 June. 34 retrieved. The very night I reached home I was not able to eat nor drink. The stomach was super bloat n soreness everywhere. On 14 June after days of suffering I called my doc to inform him the situation - urination decreased, nauseous, not able to eat , drink and sleep. Tummy is as round as 7 months pregnant. I was told to go in clinic for blood test and admitted straight away for 5 days.
Yes I was told not able to do fresh as my progesterone hormone was high and too risky. Please take a good rest. Today is 2 weeks post retrieval I started to feel alive again. Weight slowly to drop.
Hi, how many blast did u get in the end?

Hello!
Me! I did egg retrieval on 9 June. 34 retrieved. The very night I reached home I was not able to eat nor drink. The stomach was super bloat n soreness everywhere. On 14 June after days of suffering I called my doc to inform him the situation - urination decreased, nauseous, not able to eat , drink and sleep. Tummy is as round as 7 months pregnant. I was told to go in clinic for blood test and admitted straight away for 5 days.
Yes I was told not able to do fresh as my progesterone hormone was high and too risky. Please take a good rest. Today is 2 weeks post retrieval I started to feel alive again. Weight slowly to drop.
Thanks for sharing! I think I'm going through as what you described! I don't wanna be hospitalised though hahaha!

Glad you're feeling better alrdy!! You had 34 oocytes retrieved?! Wow!! And you have 6 good embryos lucky you!! I hope everything goes well for you during your FET!! Baby dust to you!!

How was your diet like prior to the egg retrieval? I have yet to know how many embryos I have & I'm kinda nervous coz I didn't eat healthy most times

Thanks for sharing! I think I'm going through as what you described! I don't wanna be hospitalised though hahaha!

Glad you're feeling better alrdy!! You had 34 oocytes retrieved?! Wow!! And you have 6 good embryos lucky you!! I hope everything goes well for you during your FET!! Baby dust to you!!

How was your diet like prior to the egg retrieval? I have yet to know how many embryos I have & I'm kinda nervous coz I didn't eat healthy most times
Monitor your urine. Trust me please drink a lot of water and 100plus. Proteins like egg whites. I was not able to eat nor drink end up I was dehydrated when admitted. I had protein drips for few days.

yeah 34 retrieved. Prior to that my doc did tell me he’s looking at 30 inside me. 23 was matured and 18 fertilized but freeze 6 blastocysts. He said they arelooking super good ones. I have yet to see the pics. Hehehe baby dust to you too. Maybe our FET will be around the same period.

I never had proper diet. I eat what I wanted but I avoided spicy food. Just have balance diet I would say.

Thanks for the advice! I've been trying to drink a lot & my urine output is ok so far. Just the appetite & ballooning tummy. You must have had it real bad & worse than mine! Poor thing! We're you allowed to have visitors during your 5 day stay?

I guess our FET will be around end July/early August like you mentioned. Haha it's nice to have someone going through this around the same time.

Ahh I see! I ate whatever I wanted too don't know if diet really would make a difference. But I'm gonna force myself to eat healthy after FET hehe.

Thanks for the advice! I've been trying to drink a lot & my urine output is ok so far. Just the appetite & ballooning tummy. You must have had it real bad & worse than mine! Poor thing! We're you allowed to have visitors during your 5 day stay?

I guess our FET will be around end July/early August like you mentioned. Haha it's nice to have someone going through this around the same time.

Ahh I see! I ate whatever I wanted too don't know if diet really would make a difference. But I'm gonna force myself to eat healthy after FET hehe.
Take it easy ya.. I think you will be fine. Just drink enough and make sure urine output is not concentrated. Mine was very bad.. so dehydrated that the nurses were not confident to put drip needles. Hehe .. bout the visitor I think just 1 only, anyway just my hub nobody else knows.

yeah it’s nice to know someone is going through the same phase. Keep me posted.

after FET just make sure avoid spicy and raw food I guess?

Oh ya, sidetrack a bit for your current diet you need to take care too. Avoid beans or cabbage that create winds. U can google avoid cooling veges. You don’t want to add winds. My gyne prescribed me some meds to tackle the winds and aromag will help a lil to fight the bloatness. You can get aromag from unity.

Hello!
Hi did your doc suggest lupron trigger to reduce OHSS?

Nope.. I have been using ovidrel as trigger shot. My doc kinda predicted I may have OHSS prior to egg retrieval. I have plenty of eggs. We have been reducing the dosage of the puregon till ER yet can’t be avoided.

2 weeks + 1 day later now I’m experiencing discharge blood clot. I hope this OHSS is getting better each day.

Nope.. I have been using ovidrel as trigger shot. My doc kinda predicted I may have OHSS prior to egg retrieval. I have plenty of eggs. We have been reducing the dosage of the puregon till ER yet can’t be avoided.

2 weeks + 1 day later now I’m experiencing discharge blood clot. I hope this OHSS is getting better each day.
Oh ok maybe next time they might use lupron trigger as that prevents OHSS, but downside is you need to freeze your eggs as your lining won’t be that good.

Oh ok maybe next time they might use lupron trigger as that prevents OHSS, but downside is you need to freeze your eggs as your lining won’t be that good.
I hope with whatever i have now I can succeed. I don’t wish to go through another round of stimulation >.<

I have high AMH so high tendency for OHSS. This time even adjusted 3 times of iu still can’t be avoided. Fresh transfer seem not possible for me as my progesterone level is high. Even I do not have OHSS, the implantation may fail too.

I hope with whatever i have now I can succeed. I don’t wish to go through another round of stimulation >.<

I have high AMH so high tendency for OHSS. This time even adjusted 3 times of iu still can’t be avoided. Fresh transfer seem not possible for me as my progesterone level is high. Even I do not have OHSS, the implantation may fail too.
Yea I also hope I no need go thru another big cycle of ER. Hope we can succeed with the embryos we have now

Yea I also hope I no need go thru another big cycle of ER. Hope we can succeed with the embryos we have now
Yeah till now ER to OHSS is the hardest part of the journey I would say. Don’t worry we can succeed! Have faith and hope.

I have yet to see the pic of the blastocysts. Have you? My doc said will give me the pic next consultation.

Yeah till now ER to OHSS is the hardest part of the journey I would say. Don’t worry we can succeed! Have faith and hope.

I have yet to see the pic of the blastocysts. Have you? My doc said will give me the pic next consultation.
Are you with kkh? They only provide the photos after the ET

Yes of course! Who would want to go through another round :( you are very blessed with so many frozen embryo! I only have one but I decided to do fresh cos thay one is too risky to survive thawing :(

Yes of course! Who would want to go through another round :( you are very blessed with so many frozen embryo! I only have one but I decided to do fresh cos thay one is too risky to survive thawing :(
Don’t worry.. you will be blessed with good embryos. Take care of yourself and change your diet perhaps may help too. Are you intending to do FET or straight start a fresh eggs stimulation?

God is looking over all of us. We will be blessed when it’s time.

Don’t worry.. you will be blessed with good embryos. Take care of yourself and change your diet perhaps may help too. Are you intending to do FET or straight start a fresh eggs stimulation?

God is looking over all of us. We will be blessed when it’s time.
For me is start fresh.. but for the fresh cycle I need to freeze the eggs

Take it easy ya.. I think you will be fine. Just drink enough and make sure urine output is not concentrated. Mine was very bad.. so dehydrated that the nurses were not confident to put drip needles. Hehe .. bout the visitor I think just 1 only, anyway just my hub nobody else knows.

yeah it’s nice to know someone is going through the same phase. Keep me posted.

after FET just make sure avoid spicy and raw food I guess?

Oh ya, sidetrack a bit for your current diet you need to take care too. Avoid beans or cabbage that create winds. U can google avoid cooling veges. You don’t want to add winds. My gyne prescribed me some meds to tackle the winds and aromag will help a lil to fight the bloatness. You can get aromag from unity.
Thanks for another round of advice!

I just met my gynae earlier today & was told that my OHSS is under control despite being at high risk! Been taking cabergoline & letrozole along with orgalutran shot all at once to prevent OHSS. Just got my period today after day 5 of ER. Lol so soon but gynae said it's normal. I feel so so much better after getting my menses surprisingly! No need to be hospitalised thank god I get to escape my worse fear haha!

I need to wait for 2 cycles of menses to regulate my body & rest my ovary before FET. So I'll most likely be doing it in mid August. :)

Thanks for another round of advice!

I just met my gynae earlier today & was told that my OHSS is under control despite being at high risk! Been taking cabergoline & letrozole along with orgalutran shot all at once to prevent OHSS. Just got my period today after day 5 of ER. Lol so soon but gynae said it's normal. I feel so so much better after getting my menses surprisingly! No need to be hospitalised thank god I get to escape my worse fear haha!

I need to wait for 2 cycles of menses to regulate my body & rest my ovary before FET. So I'll most likely be doing it in mid August. :)
Wow 5 days after ER! Lucky you! My came after 2 weeks.. I was literally bedridden for 2 weeks. My menses came yday and I feel so much alive after. I’m glad that you are feeling better now.

ahh 2 cycles. Same as me! So we should be on same timing. Let’s keep each other updated! It’s nice to have someone on the same schedule. I will only go back for review mid of July to plan next step and also to know my blastocysts embryos. I didn’t get to speak details n see the pics as I was hospitalized. Everything was briefly discussed.

Thankfully! Glad that you've got your period too & feeling better!

Yes sure! Will keep you posted! My next review will be end July though, a little later than yours. This morning I was told that I have 8 out of 21 good eggs & 1 blastocyst is ready to be frozen. They are still monitoring the rest.. hopefully I have more blastocysts to freeze. Hope to be able to see pics of my potential babies end July. I guess we're in the same boat for not getting to see our blastocysts haha

You take care ya! Hope your review in July will follow with good news all the way through! Stay safe and healthy! *Virtual hug*

View attachment 729277

For those with husb’s swimmers not doing too well, I highly recommend these from iHerb.

We did our 1st SOIUI in March 2021, and it failed. My husb post wash was bare minimum of 1mil.

Then we chanced upon these supplements and thought no harm trying. He consumed less than 2 weeks before we did our 2nd SOIUI in May 2021. His post wash increased significantly of 9mil. Needlesstosay, It was a success alhamdullilah. The nurse called few hours after the compulsory blood test on 24/05/21 and confirmed it was a positive.

i don’t know if this will help but thought we would share our experience.

Looking forward to our first scan next monday.
Hi, where can buy these? Need to take all there? Means 1+1+1, 3 tablets every day ?

Hi, where can buy these? Need to take all there? Means 1+1+1, 3 tablets every day ?
IHerb is an apps which you can download from apps store.

my hub and bro-in-law are taking profertil. You can buy from lazada or ******. Please review the seller acc before make the purchase

Attachments

• BDF1F75B-02AD-4360-AD03-8D540FDC901C.png
    BDF1F75B-02AD-4360-AD03-8D540FDC901C.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 136
Hi @BusyBeeEve may i know what u did to get so many good grades embryo? Diet supplements or tcm? Is this your first ivf?
Yes it’s my first cycle of egg stimulation. To be honest no tcm and just folic acid. My body just can’t take tcm herbal meds. So during my egg stimulation I try to eat better like more fish, plant based protein shakes, avoid spicy food

as for my hub, he’s taking profertil and coq10.

I’m not sure which grade are they but the doc told me it’s textbook “AA or AB” grade. I will find out more in 3 weeks time.

I just got my first appt date at KKH. Usually what happens during the first appt?
You mean to see a doctor at clinic d? Usually doc will ask u how long u have been trying and what condition you have. For me I’ve done all my fertility checks at Thomson so doc see the report and told me to try ivf and she will let u know when can start.

We plan to go for one more IUI this month. Today is my 3rd day. Most probably will go for IVF by September. I booked for vaccination 3rd of July. Getting vaccination no harm for IVF ? Any advise ?

We plan to go for one more IUI this month. Today is my 3rd day. Most probably will go for IVF by September. I booked for vaccination 3rd of July. Getting vaccination no harm for IVF ? Any advise ?
For me I’ll wait to extract all eggs first then go for vaccine I still worry though.. but then so far kkh say if u take ur jab prior to ivf it’s ok. Like if u take first jab le then ivf then after that 2nd jab also ok, but she say best is to complete all 2 jabs prior to ivf.

Hello!

Hi @BusyBeeEve - I am looking for some advice. I did my egg retrieval on 30 June and I am so so bloated and constipated for 4 days in the row. I drank lot of water and took constipation softener but still no no effect. Do you have the same problem after your post IVF cycle?

Last edited:
Hi @BusyBeeEve - I am looking for some advice. I did my egg retrieval on 30 June and I am so so bloated and constipated for 4 days in the row. I drank lot of water and took constipation softener but still no no effect. Do you have the same problem after your post IVF cycle?
Hi @FT Lady , I didn’t have constipation in fact I had diarrhea. Diarrhea only stopped last Sunday that’s the sign the water is all out. Do you pee enough? If you do pee n not too concentrated should be fine. Else please go to see your gyne if the condition is not getting any better.

do take 100 plus and lots of egg white. I was super bloat and my gyne told me to take aromag. You can buy from unity.

Hi @FT Lady , I didn’t have constipation in fact I had diarrhea. Diarrhea only stopped last Sunday that’s the sign the water is all out. Do you pee enough? If you do pee n not too concentrated should be fine. Else please go to see your gyne if the condition is not getting any better.

do take 100 plus and lots of egg white. I was super bloat and my gyne told me to take aromag. You can buy from unity.

Thanks for your response and hope you are ok after your diarrhea. Yes, I did pee and not concentrated as of today. I feel so dehydrated, drinking 100 plus now after I read your post. SO bloated I can't even eat properly. ok thanks I should buy and take aromag later. :)

Hi, I always get constipated after each egg retrieval. The tips I learnt which help me after retrieval - start eating more leafy green vegetables, 1 apple a day, 1 tablespoon of chia seed mix with water each morning. Basically you need to increase your fiber intake. If still doesn’t work, buy prune juice (not concentrate) and drink 1 or 2 glass daily. Worse case is to buy lactulose , a stool softener, from pharmacy but this takes time to work. It’s safe for pregnancy and children.

For bloating, drink minimum 2 litres of fluid a day.

Thanks for your response and hope you are ok after your diarrhea. Yes, I did pee and not concentrated as of today. I feel so dehydrated, drinking 100 plus now after I read your post. SO bloated I can't even eat properly. ok thanks I should buy and take aromag later. :)
@FT Lady yes please drink a lot of 100plus. Aromag is to help with the bloatness. If you can drink some ginger water with honey? Ginger does help to release the winds.

my doc told me aromag has this magnesium that helps.

I totally understand how you feel when you can’t eat all. For almost 2 weeks i was not eating at all. >.<

Hi, I always get constipated after each egg retrieval. The tips I learnt which help me after retrieval - start eating more leafy green vegetables, 1 apple a day, 1 tablespoon of chia seed mix with water each morning. Basically you need to increase your fiber intake. If still doesn’t work, buy prune juice (not concentrate) and drink 1 or 2 glass daily. Worse case is to buy lactulose , a stool softener, from pharmacy but this takes time to work. It’s safe for pregnancy and children.

Hi,

I didn’t have constipation instead I have super bad diarrhea. I can go up to 5-6x a day.

I’m so glad that it’s all over for me. I feel better now.

thanks for the tips

Thank you for your tips! I will increase my fiber intake. Feel terrible for now, hope it will get better soon!

@FT Lady yes please drink a lot of 100plus. Aromag is to help with the bloatness. If you can drink some ginger water with honey? Ginger does help to release the winds.

my doc told me aromag has this magnesium that helps.

I totally understand how you feel when you can’t eat all. For almost 2 weeks i was not eating at all. >.QUOTE]

Yeah, the feeling sucks. This was my first ivf cycle. I feel for all the ladies who went through this. Thank you!
Indeed I find ivf the most unbearable stage is the ER. There’s so much wind inside. I feel passing out gas also helps to speed up the recovery process

Back