IVF in 2021?

Asking for advice here - For those who are KKH subsidized patient before starting IVF, will you return to subsidized after the IVF cycle is successful? E.g. subsidized rates for antenatal scans, dr consultations, blood tests, OSCAR etc.

Hi all, my twins (conceived thru IVF) turned one month old today. We will be returning 88 red eggs to the Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery (TPY) this afternoon. Hoping to bless and spread the baby dust to all! <3

Hello everyone! Wanted to ask how your menses cycles are after an IVF cycle?

I got my menses 5 days after egg retrieval and now its coming again on my normal cycle 1 week after the menses from egg retrieval. Wonder anyone has an experience/opinions regarding this?

Much appreciated! xx

Hi all, I'm going through ivf and today's 12dp3dt (fresh embryo transfer). After my crinone progesterone gel insert (2nd insert for today), there's quite a bit of blood stain on the stick when taken out (it's red blood, not brownish but also not bright red). So worried that it's a sign that this ivf cycle will be unsuccessful. Anyone has similar experience but still turned out to be BFP?

I know how I sound like, I'm like searching for a glimpse of hope, even though it may be just a temporary assurance or self-deceit...

Hi all, I'm going through ivf and today's 12dp3dt (fresh embryo transfer). After my crinone progesterone gel insert (2nd insert for today), there's quite a bit of blood stain on the stick when taken out (it's red blood, not brownish but also not bright red). So worried that it's a sign that this ivf cycle will be unsuccessful. Anyone has similar experience but still turned out to be BFP?

I know how I sound like, I'm like searching for a glimpse of hope, even though it may be just a temporary assurance or self-deceit...
I had spotting 1 week after transfer previously. And did HPT. Turned out to be positive. U can test too if u wish. Otherwise its just a few more days to blood test right? Hang in there

I had spotting 1 week after transfer previously. And did HPT. Turned out to be positive. U can test too if u wish. Otherwise its just a few more days to blood test right? Hang in there
Appreciate your reply ♡ so much. Ya, my blood test in 2 more days. Hope to share positive result here by then. Tww is an agony (especially doing ivf cos the procedure already let us pin slightly higher hopes than our usual natural way of ttc, thinking already pass the fertilised egg stage). Really kudos to all mummies who had been through several tww. Will update again.

I'm on a tww now ( fresh transfer) with crinone inserts during this period ( 8dpt5dt). Relax and stay positive. Don't lose hope..all is not lost yet till you get your result. Jiayou!

Hi, new here.
i am in tww, now in 11 days with 3dt.Only the first few days with bloated stomach and sore breasts. After that, not much uncomfortableness or anything. Even the breast not sore anymore. Not very positive about this cycle.
Also wanted to ask, i also using the crinone gel inserts. Did not really walked it off too much. Just around the house and try not to sit down immediately.

But these 2 days, I feel a bit of itch below so I look at it using a small mirror and saw Mini clots of white which should be the gel. They are visible when I “peeled” open a bit. If you can get what I mean. Does anyone experience that? I used tissue and fingers and try to clear them. as I think, they may be causing the itch.

Hi, new here.
i am in tww, now in 11 days with 3dt.Only the first few days with bloated stomach and sore breasts. After that, not much uncomfortableness or anything. Even the breast not sore anymore. Not very positive about this cycle.
Also wanted to ask, i also using the crinone gel inserts. Did not really walked it off too much. Just around the house and try not to sit down immediately.

But these 2 days, I feel a bit of itch below so I look at it using a small mirror and saw Mini clots of white which should be the gel. They are visible when I “peeled” open a bit. If you can get what I mean. Does anyone experience that? I used tissue and fingers and try to clear them. as I think, they may be causing the itch.

I had the same issue it was so itchy and there are mini white clots. There is a kind lady who shared with me a feminine wash TS6 probiotic cleansing mousse. Tried to rub and remove the clots gently. The wash really helps for me and i changed my pantyliner very often due to the discharge. You can get it at Watson or online.

In fact, when I walked about 5 mins around the house before sitting down it will leak out less. The nurse told me it will help to coat the lining better. If you feel extremely itchy you should inform your doctor because some pp is sensitive to the gel. My doctor prescribed me chloprpheniramine to stop the itchiness.

I had the same issue it was so itchy and there are mini white clots. There is a kind lady who shared with me a feminine wash TS6 probiotic cleansing mousse. Tried to rub and remove the clots gently. The wash really helps for me and i changed my pantyliner very often due to the discharge. You can get it at Watson or online.

In fact, when I walked about 5 mins around the house before sitting down it will leak out less. The nurse told me it will help to coat the lining better. If you feel extremely itchy you should inform your doctor because some pp is sensitive to the gel. My doctor prescribed me chloprpheniramine to stop the itchiness.
Ah… thank you for sharing! May I try getting the cleanser.
I will try to tahan until I go for blood test. Just 6 more days. If not I will call up the IVF clinic. I am with KK. Not easy to see the doc. Will change panty liner often. Thank u

Hi all, I’m in my IVF journey with Dr.Foong, gleneagles. Had my egg retrieval last Saturday. Managed to retrieve 13 eggs and 4 only fertilized. Out of four , 2 made it to blastocyst stage. One is B grade and other one is C grade. We planning to go frozen implantation, Is there any successful mum with B grade blastocyst? Is it positive to proceed with this quality embryos ? Pls advise. Thanks

I have few supplements when i took during IVF (note, i did not conceive thro IVF but thro TCM) for blessing.
DHEA is from Sincere IVF - 1 bottle is not open, the other 2 bottle is from iherbs. self collect at hougang

Attachments

• Supplement.jpg
    Supplement.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 126
Hi anyone pls give us an advise? We end up with two blastocysts. One is 4BB and other one is 4CC. Is it recommended to implant both together or one by one? We kindly seeking help from this forum. Thanks

hello all. this is my first post (ever) on a fertility forum. First of all and on contrary of most norms, I'm the husband doing the R&D on IVF instead of my wife. Need not ask me why and there is no singaporefatherhood.com :p so here I am - not sure if I'm welcomed haha but would be grateful to get some advice and to find out more from other mums and mum-to-be.

To start off, perhaps the more important question is how much IVF really costs in total - especially for those who share the same criteria as ours:
- KKH under private
- PR couple aged 40 (means zero subsidy), hence my username
- no major health or fertility issue other than my wife having HBP and she's on nifedipine. she's asked to attend a pre-admission check at anclin-anaesthetic KKH, which we aren't sure what will be done.

We have heard of various figures and some are, well, mind- and bank-blowing. Would be good to get some inputs. Thanks in advance!

hello all. this is my first post (ever) on a fertility forum. First of all and on contrary of most norms, I'm the husband doing the R&D on IVF instead of my wife. Need not ask me why and there is no singaporefatherhood.com so here I am - not sure if I'm welcomed haha but would be grateful to get some advice and to find out more from other mums and mum-to-be.

To start off, perhaps the more important question is how much IVF really costs in total - especially for those who share the same criteria as ours:
- KKH under private
- PR couple aged 40 (means zero subsidy), hence my username
- no major health or fertility issue other than my wife having HBP and she's on nifedipine. she's asked to attend a pre-admission check at anclin-anaesthetic KKH, which we aren't sure what will be done.

We have heard of various figures and some are, well, mind- and bank-blowing. Would be good to get some inputs. Thanks in advance!
Hi I'm not PR and not with KKH but I've reached a stage whereby I've zero subsidy as well.

The actual amount very much depends on the jab dosage your wife needs. Perhaps prepare to pay around 12k- 15k in kkh?

Just my 2 cents worth, if you have zero subsidy, it may be more worth while to go to private clinic as u get to have a fixed dr. KKH pte has no fixed dr. U only get to see ur chosen Dr during the 1st appt and during oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer.

If say pte clinic, the cost usually range from 15k to 20k depends on which dr and the dosage your wife needs as well.

Hope it helps and more people can advise.

All the best!

Hoping for views from any of you ladies who’ve had a similar experience. After being on estradiol (Progynova) for 3 weeks I’m still at 6.5 mm lining. My doc was satisfied with the triple layer appearance of my endometrium as well as my estrogen levels from the blood test. He recommended to go ahead with the transfer and I started my progesterone suppositories (Crinone). Three days to go until the transfer and I’m now having cold feet because of my lining. Wondering if I should cancel the transfer and try to build up my lining in a new cycle. I only have one good blastocyst so I do want to give it the best chance. Has anyone gone through a FET with a lining thinner than the recommend 7-8 mm? What was your experience or the advice given from your doctor?

On CD14 during my failed FET cycle, my lining was only 7.6mm and it didn’t have good appearance. So we waited for 4 more days it went up to 8.3mm still not evenly 3 layers. Doc suggested cancelled the cycle since we didn’t want to waste any embryo.

Second month we changed the protocol. We increase progynova from 3 to 4 tablets a day, duphaston 3 tablets, and added cardiprin 100mg 1 tablet a day. On CD14 the lining was 8.6mm and the appearance is better than last cycle. We proceeded with it n continued the protocol until now. On top of that yes I have to insert crinone gel too.

My gyne is quite particular with lining he wanted to make sure it’s good n thick enough for embryo to stick.

Hi all! Just got my bfp today after tww blood test. There’s a upcoming 6 week scan, after that if all is good, will there be any other scans. Anyone went to private gynae after 6 weeks scan?
Congrats! I was with KKH and my doctor arranged for biweekly scans for me to check baby's growth, we did our Oscar and Harmony with KKH and transfered to TMC after completing all the checks. Hope this helps!

Hi all! Just got my bfp today after tww blood test. There’s a upcoming 6 week scan, after that if all is good, will there be any other scans. Anyone went to private gynae after 6 weeks scan?
Congrats! Usually have to stick to your fertility dr till 12 weeks cos still need to be on support meds.

Hi anyone pls give us an advise? We end up with two blastocysts. One is 4BB and other one is 4CC. Is it recommended to implant both together or one by one? We kindly seeking help from this forum. Thanks
Hi. I succeeded with 5BB before. I think putting 1 or 2 really mus depend on whether u can take the risk of having twins.

Hi I'm not PR and not with KKH but I've reached a stage whereby I've zero subsidy as well.

The actual amount very much depends on the jab dosage your wife needs. Perhaps prepare to pay around 12k- 15k in kkh?

Just my 2 cents worth, if you have zero subsidy, it may be more worth while to go to private clinic as u get to have a fixed dr. KKH pte has no fixed dr. U only get to see ur chosen Dr during the 1st appt and during oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer.

If say pte clinic, the cost usually range from 15k to 20k depends on which dr and the dosage your wife needs as well.

Hope it helps and more people can advise.

All the best!
I agree with dreamcomestrue. If no subsidy u shld consider private clinic. I have exhausted all the subsidies at KKH and is now at private clinic. I can see the differences.

I just got call from kkh, saying to go scan on week 6 day 2. She say the amc is just walk in, scan 2 hrs before see doctor at clinic d. Is this the case for you all too?

Congratulations!!! That’s a great number! Do u feel any symptoms on or before the beta? Did u guess that it was a positive? ;)
No eh I didn’t… but breast sore was quite different that last 2 times I transfer. Apart from that the rest like cramps were like very similar to menses coming like that.. I didn’t take hpt till 14dp5dt morning before I go hosp take blood test

I’m fine with one or two.. as long as it’s a viable pregnancy and smooth one.. the worry doesn’t stop after bfp..
I was worried all the way till I gave birth! The bi weekly scans helped reassured me and when baby starts kicking you will start to feel better! Jia you!

Can I know the grade of the blastocyst u transferred?
Honestly I didn’t ask…I didn’t really wanna ask this time round cos I feel it affected me last time round. the embryosist and dr phoon just told me they thaw and expanded and they seems to be better than the last two I transferred.
When they were frozen in June it was grade B and C if I never remember wrong one day 5 one day 6

Hi everyone,
I have done two egg retrieval at private fertility using 2 times, unfortunately i still don't have embryos.
Would like to ask you guys, if i switch to KK hospital for my 3rd try, will i get subsided? I have used two times medisave at private clinic.
Thanks advanced.

Back