IVF in 2021?

Nope it doesn't. I transferred a BC grade and i'm currently 20 weeks pregnant.

Congrats! I just trsf a Grade C blasto today.. don't have much hope for it as I read that there are even clinics who don't bother to tsf grade C embryos. :( but am also trying my hardest to think positive. Praying for a miracle.

Did anyone transfer BC grade ,did home test kit on day 8 negative but beta test positive on day 14?I have transferred two embryos BC grade,till now my body did not have any pregnancy symptom and negative pregnancy test kit.Quite disappointed

Congrats! I just trsf a Grade C blasto today.. don't have much hope for it as I read that there are even clinics who don't bother to tsf grade C embryos. :( but am also trying my hardest to think positive. Praying for a miracle.

Rest well & don't stress...talk to your little embryo during this 2ww. Keep urself nourish with nutritious food - like eggs, bone broth, avocados, supplements etc...sleep early too. I did TCM acupuncture as well during 2ww & you might want to consider going for that if you're seeing one now. Baby Dust to you!!

Rest well & don't stress...talk to your little embryo during this 2ww. Keep urself nourish with nutritious food - like eggs, bone broth, avocados, supplements etc...sleep early too. I did TCM acupuncture as well during 2ww & you might want to consider going for that if you're seeing one now. Baby Dust to you!!

Thank you dear for your kind words and advice. ‍♀️ Hope all my months of acupuncture and supplements will pay off :) eggs as in hard-boiled ones right? I should avoid half-boiled eggs- like those runny ones in traditional breakfast set kind?

Thank you dear for your kind words and advice. ‍♀ Hope all my months of acupuncture and supplements will pay off :) eggs as in hard-boiled ones right? I should avoid half-boiled eggs- like those runny ones in traditional breakfast set kind?
You can take egg whites for protein.Some of the mummies here took just egg whites but I took both yolk & whites.. Soft boiled eggs are pretty nutritious & I took pasteurised eggs.

Hi. So how is the 10 embryos at day 3? What grade they become on day5? Anyway transfer already so thinking of the positive side.

I was actually scheduled for day 3 tsf.. which I dunno why bcos I thought doctors would try to grow them to blasto stage since my day 3 embryos were "looking good".. Anyway, apparently on day 3 all my 10 embryos were good grade. I had 5 that became blastocysts,but I dunno the grade for the rest. My doc said they tsf the best looking embryo but it's still a low grade.. yeah! I'm trying to talk positively to my embryo as much as I can ✌️

I was actually scheduled for day 3 tsf.. which I dunno why bcos I thought doctors would try to grow them to blasto stage since my day 3 embryos were "looking good".. Anyway, apparently on day 3 all my 10 embryos were good grade. I had 5 that became blastocysts,but I dunno the grade for the rest. My doc said they tsf the best looking embryo but it's still a low grade.. yeah! I'm trying to talk positively to my embryo as much as I can ✌
Ic. I think it's quite hard to determine at day 3. My this round oso have 12 good grade ranging from grade 3 to 5 at day3. But when it reach day5, I am left with two blastocyst. Gd luck to u!

Anyone here experienced light bleeding 10days post tsf? I had a short light spotting just now and it was brownish. Am so scared it's my menses but it's not due till the 16th. Also not sure is it due to irritation of the cervix becos of the crinone gel inserts. My temperature is 37.5 but I don't feel hot or any pain.

Anyone here experienced light bleeding 10days post tsf? I had a short light spotting just now and it was brownish. Am so scared it's my menses but it's not due till the 16th. Also not sure is it due to irritation of the cervix becos of the crinone gel inserts. My temperature is 37.5 but I don't feel hot or any pain.
Hi. U mention ur transfer is las Thur right? Then is 5dp5dt. Maybe is implantation bleeding tat some will experience. Myself I din experience tat before.

Hi. U mention ur transfer is las Thur right? Then is 5dp5dt. Maybe is implantation bleeding tat some will experience. Myself I din experience tat before.

Yeah, sorri, I meant 5 days post transfer. I do hope it's really the implantation that caused the bleeding. Thanks for the reply.. Are you also on a cycle now?

hey ladies,
wondering if anyone did acupuncture on the day of ET or the day after? My wife is hesitant to do it due to concerns of it affecting the implantation, though some online research showed otherwise. prefer to hear it from the mummies out there. thanks much!

hey ladies,
wondering if anyone did acupuncture on the day of ET or the day after? My wife is hesitant to do it due to concerns of it affecting the implantation, though some online research showed otherwise. prefer to hear it from the mummies out there. thanks much!
I did acupunture before my ET & went on to do moxibustion & acu during the TWW. My first ET after failing two cycles previously. It was a successful cycle and i'm currently pregnant. You might wish to consult your TCM practitioner and fertility doctor for their views in this case as your wife is not comfortable with the idea of going thru acupuncture before her ET.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm a new member!
so glad to have found this forums. Feel more motivated
I've done 1 cycle of IUI and 1 cycle of SO-IUI but have no luck yet. Considering to another SO IUI before IVF. What do you all think?

Hi everyone, I'm a new member!
so glad to have found this forums. Feel more motivated
I've done 1 cycle of IUI and 1 cycle of SO-IUI but have no luck yet. Considering to another SO IUI before IVF. What do you all think?
Hi ! Welcome to the group. I also did IUI but one time only. Now I’m switching to IVF I don’t want to waste more time by doing IUI many times as I’m already touching 40 years old on February. Wish you good luck

Hi ! Welcome to the group. I also did IUI but one time only. Now I’m switching to IVF I don’t want to waste more time by doing IUI many times as I’m already touching 40 years old on February. Wish you good luck
Thank you
I'm kinda scared to go for IVF. Even for SO-IUI, the procedure alr stressed me out as I'm scared of transvaginal ultrasound, speculum and all. Very kancheong each time I went for the scan and all. Haizz.
Anyway which hospital you go for your IVF! All the best ‍♀️

Thank you
I'm kinda scared to go for IVF. Even for SO-IUI, the procedure alr stressed me out as I'm scared of transvaginal ultrasound, speculum and all. Very kancheong each time I went for the scan and all. Haizz.
Anyway which hospital you go for your IVF! All the best ‍♀
I’m also scared but we don’t have choice we have to try our best then Allah will make it easy. Insha’Allah.I’m planning to go to KKH I called for appointment with doctor Liu but it was far so they suggest dr. Jessica Phoon but I canceled it because my husband couldn’t follow me so I will take another appointment and I hope to have it with dr. Liu. All the best for you too

Hello hello. I'm new here. Glad to have this forum to allow me to share and exchange opinions of fertility journey. I'm currently at my TWW. I did my fresh cycle ET at KKH last Wed. It is a grade B day5 blast. I did a HPT - negative yesterday and I've no pregnancy symptoms at all. I know I need to stay positive but just couldn't help to feel sad about it.. (deep breathe) Let's continue to stay strong.

Hello everyone I am new here. Thinking of starting IVF early next year. For those starting IVF or have already done IVF, did you do anything to prepare your body for IVF, and for how long did you do it for?
I am just taking multivitamin which includes Folic acid for a few months. Not sure if I am doing enough. In our case it is male infertility factor and hubby is also taking supplements.

Hello hello. I'm new here. Glad to have this forum to allow me to share and exchange opinions of fertility journey. I'm currently at my TWW. I did my fresh cycle ET at KKH last Wed. It is a grade B day5 blast. I did a HPT - negative yesterday and I've no pregnancy symptoms at all. I know I need to stay positive but just couldn't help to feel sad about it.. (deep breathe) Let's continue to stay strong.

Don't give up hope.. sometimes the HPT is not able to detect hcg as accurately as the beta hcg test. nothing is confirmed until the blood test :) good luck!

Hello everyone I am new here. Thinking of starting IVF early next year. For those starting IVF or have already done IVF, did you do anything to prepare your body for IVF, and for how long did you do it for?
I am just taking multivitamin which includes Folic acid for a few months. Not sure if I am doing enough. In our case it is male infertility factor and hubby is also taking supplements.
Hihi. Welcome in.. Besides taking multi vitamins and folic, I went for TCM herbal medication and avoid alcoholic beverages. I will also try to keep myself warm like put on socks before going to bed.

hello personally for me I feel taking coq10 worked well for me. I also took fish oil, vitamin D(as I seldom go outdoors), I also took ovaboost from iherb. Folic acid is a must.
diet Wise try to eat more eggs and avocado during stimulation.
I did acupuncture too but not very frequent. Wear socks every night.

Hihi! I took multivitamins, coq10 as well as chicken essence from Tian Yuan Xiang (they have a pregnancy plan chicken essence) to prep before my ivf. Conceived in Apr and my baby boy is turning a month in 2 days time! Good luck to you!

Then u wait for blood test ya. All the best!
AF today. It was my first failed fresh cycle. I'm dissapointed now, I thought my grade B embryo can be successful. Now, I can only can pin hopes on my 4 grade C blast on ice.

Anyone can give advice, what can I do or eat to improve my FET?
Anyone got successfully conceive with grade C embryo?

AF today. It was my first failed fresh cycle. I'm dissapointed now, I thought my grade B embryo can be successful. Now, I can only can pin hopes on my 4 grade C blast on ice.

Anyone can give advice, what can I do or eat to improve my FET?
Anyone got successfully conceive with grade C embryo?
I am now pregnant with 1 grade c and grade b (during frozen). Previous failed 2 FET with grade b and c too.
I didn’t ask for thegrade after thawing this last time but embryosist told me they are good embryos. So I’m glad I didn’t realli know the grade after thawing. Else I feel it would have affected my mood during the tww.
try not to drill into the grade so much as the grade alone does not constitute to the success of implantation. Jia you and don’t give up!

I am now pregnant with 1 grade c and grade b (during frozen). Previous failed 2 FET with grade b and c too.
I didn’t ask for thegrade after thawing this last time but embryosist told me they are good embryos. So I’m glad I didn’t realli know the grade after thawing. Else I feel it would have affected my mood during the tww.
try not to drill into the grade so much as the grade alone does not constitute to the success of implantation. Jia you and don’t give up!
Thank you for your advice. Is there anything u did or eat while waiting for FET?

Thank you for your advice. Is there anything u did or eat while waiting for FET?
Before Frozen transfer, eat Brazil nuts and pomegranate juice. Had red bean pancake too from mr bean as I read from ladies here it helped with lining.

I also switched to medicated FET as I had difficulty and find it very stressful to keep go down to scan to check for natural ovulation to time the transfer for the past two failed rounds.

I did acupuncture too and also did some strolling and walks on some nights per week. I also added vitamin d supplements for this time round FET.
1 week before FET managed to get triple lining first time.

Hi lildreams,

U mean u tsf 2 frozen embryos, one grade C and one grade B? Both implanted? I heard that for FET, there's a high chance the embryos dun survive thawing is that true? :( It's only thawed on the day of ET itself so if it doesn't survive, doesnt that mean all the estrogen and progesterone medicine n scans go down the drain...

Before Frozen transfer, eat Brazil nuts and pomegranate juice. Had red bean pancake too from mr bean as I read from ladies here it helped with lining.

I also switched to medicated FET as I had difficulty and find it very stressful to keep go down to scan to check for natural ovulation to time the transfer for the past two failed rounds.

I did acupuncture too and also did some strolling and walks on some nights per week. I also added vitamin d supplements for this time round FET.
1 week before FET managed to get triple lining first time.
Okay thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it. I've take note of it, hope all will be good for my next transfer.

Hi lildreams,

U mean u tsf 2 frozen embryos, one grade C and one grade B? Both implanted? I heard that for FET, there's a high chance the embryos dun survive thawing is that true? :( It's only thawed on the day of ET itself so if it doesn't survive, doesnt that mean all the estrogen and progesterone medicine n scans go down the drain...
Hihi oh I meant that 5 days after my egg retrieval and we have to meet the doc to get the “report card” my doc told me the grading of the embryos that will be freeze.
So I knew the grading before they went to freeze then. But on the day of my FET ( which was months later) I didn’t ask what’s the grade of the embryos after thawing.
I did total FET three times, and each time the e embryos survived thawing. I don’t think doing frozen means high chance the embryos don’t survive thawing..

both implanted, as of now I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant. Finger crossed

Hihi oh I meant that 5 days after my egg retrieval and we have to meet the doc to get the “report card” my doc told me the grading of the embryos that will be freeze.
So I knew the grading before they went to freeze then. But on the day of my FET ( which was months later) I didn’t ask what’s the grade of the embryos after thawing.
I did total FET three times, and each time the e embryos survived thawing. I don’t think doing frozen means high chance the embryos don’t survive thawing..

both implanted, as of now I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant. Finger crossed

Nice... Yep, lots of baby dust to you! Did u do your FET with the govt hospitals or with private ? For me, I only got a "embryo report" during the beta hcg BT. Well, I have only one grade C frozen, but I've read that frozen and fresh success rates are in fact the same. Hence, not very sure if I should go for this grade C Frozen or start fresh cycle again. This cycle, my fresh grade C failed.

Nice... Yep, lots of baby dust to you! Did u do your FET with the govt hospitals or with private ? For me, I only got a "embryo report" during the beta hcg BT. Well, I have only one grade C frozen, but I've read that frozen and fresh success rates are in fact the same. Hence, not very sure if I should go for this grade C Frozen or start fresh cycle again. This cycle, my fresh grade C failed.

I did FET with kkh….
for me personally I would just do another FET for that one embryo and who knows you may just succeed! If it doesn’t work still it’s not too late to do another fresh cycle..

Also doing another fresh cycle,it’s mentally straining plus need to tiao the body for 2-3 months again.. give your embryo a try and you may not know!

I did FET with kkh….
for me personally I would just do another FET for that one embryo and who knows you may just succeed! If it doesn’t work still it’s not too late to do another fresh cycle..

Also doing another fresh cycle,it’s mentally straining plus need to tiao the body for 2-3 months again.. give your embryo a try and you may not know!

It is indeed really emotionally draining with all the stimulations. Plus I developed some panic attack during the ER and I had slight Ohss this round. I'm also actually keen to try FET but scared it's waste of time and efforts if fails again becos the grade is bad. Will really have to give it some thought and also see what the doctor recommends for me in my next review. Thanks for your advice and kind words! :)

It is indeed really emotionally draining with all the stimulations. Plus I developed some panic attack during the ER and I had slight Ohss this round. I'm also actually keen to try FET but scared it's waste of time and efforts if fails again becos the grade is bad. Will really have to give it some thought and also see what the doctor recommends for me in my next review. Thanks for your advice and kind words! :)

yea…totally understand. My last ER I almost can’t get discharged. Washaving Mild OHSS too and couldn’t imagine going thru another one again. I don’t think grade c is bad.A lot of women succeed with blastocyst grade c too. Have faith!

Hihi! I took multivitamins, coq10 as well as chicken essence from Tian Yuan Xiang (they have a pregnancy plan chicken essence) to prep before my ivf. Conceived in Apr and my baby boy is turning a month in 2 days time! Good luck to you!
Thank you so much for sharing and congrats to you for your baby boy turning 1 month old :-D

Hi, Coq which brand you took, and how many mg? What’s the multivitamin tab you took? Thanks

Hi, wondering if anyone is trying IVF this year? Husband and I have been ttc for 2 yrs, we've tried 2 cycles of IUI and both failed. We were referred to Dr Jessie Phoon at KKH, will be seeing her this week. I have 2 questions..
- Has anyone had bad side-effects from the IVF drugs? Like depression, etc caused by the elevated hormones
- Any good/bad personal experience with Dr Phoon?

I've been seeing dr Phoon. So far I found she's very good. A motherly type of gynea, her tone of voice is very calming that suits my liking as im those scared of seeing gynea and all the procedures and etc. And yes, sometimes the waiting time could be longer despite having appt time. But I think it's understandable since she went off to help urgent matters like delivery or so.

As per today, the earliest slot you could get for IVF will be July. This is what dr Phoon told me and she also directly registered for me as it's alr till July.

Anybody want to swop my ivf slot in feb with me? I have to go for a scope first before my ivf. Hope to swop for sometime in April/ may slot

I've been seeing dr Phoon. So far I found she's very good. A motherly type of gynea, her tone of voice is very calming that suits my liking as im those scared of seeing gynea and all the procedures and etc. And yes, sometimes the waiting time could be longer despite having appt time. But I think it's understandable since she went off to help urgent matters like delivery or so.

As per today, the earliest slot you could get for IVF will be July. This is what dr Phoon told me and she also directly registered for me as it's alr till July.
Dr phoon is my gynae now. Succeed under her on my third FET. I’m now carrying twins. So far the experience is okay and smooth. She is very confident and seems to know what she is doing. Hopefully this continue and I have a smooth delivery.

Aww congrats! Happy for you!!:)
hope to be successful soon as well
I'm sure she will! After all she's the IVF Director and senior consultant at KKH. And importantly really love her vibes so far, better than my previous gynea. Haha.
Stay safe ok and wishing you a smooth delivery!!

Hi. Im new here. I just started seeing the specialist at kkh and planning to let her know in the upcoming appointment that I wish to go through ivf. Usually how long after we agree then we will start the ivf treatment? Isit a long queue? Thank you!

Back