IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi ladies...
Can i check, for those who had a hysterosopy done, how long after menses is it done?
and is hospitalisation required?is it under GA? and how is it scheduled?
Thanks

Hi meilingg .. How does this compare to your monthly AF? Do you get swollen breasts before AF? Both times, I knew I was going to get BFN cos before bt I already felt the swell go down .. And I feel mine ain't as swollen as yesterday .. I want twins like you !!
Makino, I didn't get swollen bust like AF kind. But it feels more tender. At certain angles, will hurt more esp when I am getting up from the bed.

i got put 1 blast so although i got a high hcg, still not confirm it is a twins.. haha... most important is a healthy bb...

Hmm.. i do get swollen breast before AF is coming, but i don't get the sharp pain... this time round, before the bt, the pain comes quite often...

don't give up, you will get yours soon~

Guess every women is different. Thanks for sharing .. Be keeping a lookout if you are getting twins or not .. Haha.. Congrats to you on your BFP again. Cheers

Makino, I didn't get swollen bust like AF kind. But it feels more tender. At certain angles, will hurt more esp when I am getting up from the bed.

Mine's heavy and swollen .. Can't even bear my DH to touch .. When I remove my bra I have to do it slowly .. Now I'm hoping the swell & heaviness will continue :)

Just done with my ET....

Dr Sadhanna prescribe me 8 days of cabergoline for prevention of ohss.. cos 23 eggs was retrieved.

Anyone had the same medication? Actually i m feeling ok and not too comfortable taking the medication cos i read it will affect fertility. :(

Just done with my ET....

Dr Sadhanna prescribe me 8 days of cabergoline for prevention of ohss.. cos 23 eggs was retrieved.

Anyone had the same medication? Actually i m feeling ok and not too comfortable taking the medication cos i read it will affect fertility. :(
Hi mschar, I was given that too cos I retrieved 35 eggs. I had very bad bloating and I think it helps me to sleep. At least I could sleep 7 out of the 8 days.

Wow... 35 eggs....

The bloating is painful... i felt pain when i go toilet...

Ok... i just hope i got good amouny of good qualuty embyros now..

hello girls,

i may not be active posting but i am always reading your posts. the encouraging ones, the happy and the sad ones. Thank you to everyone's tips on what to eat and avoid. Thank you for recommending which acupuncturist to go to.

Finally, after failing my fresh, my FET is positive. Numbers are not high but it surpasses the 250 mark!

Spreading baby dusts to you girls here!

Congrats babe! Have a healthy pregnancy!

Wow... 35 eggs....

The bloating is painful... i felt pain when i go toilet...

Ok... i just hope i got good amouny of good qualuty embyros now..
The same thing happened to me too! But all is worth it for good quality embryos!

I ate the medicine for 8 nights too and managed to bfp. So I think it is ok!

hello girls,

i may not be active posting but i am always reading your posts. the encouraging ones, the happy and the sad ones. Thank you to everyone's tips on what to eat and avoid. Thank you for recommending which acupuncturist to go to.

Finally, after failing my fresh, my FET is positive. Numbers are not high but it surpasses the 250 mark!

Spreading baby dusts to you girls here!
Congrats !! It is very encouraging to see so many bfp here...

hi ladies...
Can i check, for those who had a hysterosopy done, how long after menses is it done?
and is hospitalisation required?is it under GA? and how is it scheduled?
Thanks
The first time I did is was on day 9. Second time was day 14. I was given 2wk hospitalization leave. Wat is GA?

I dunno wor... i only know 23 retrieved.

@circlecircle, how do you know how many mature and how many good?
The embryologist will tell u the details. Usually done after the transfer. Ask hubby to take down details. My hubby smarter. Secretly on the recorder function on phone. So we can playback and listen to exactly what he says.

The embryologist will tell u the details. Usually done after the transfer. Ask hubby to take down details. My hubby smarter. Secretly on the recorder function on phone. So we can playback and listen to exactly what he says.
Your hubby so smart... Mine just look blur and ask me to explain to him after that! Haha

Hi, has anyone been prescribed with progynova after ET? Any experience of its effectiveness? Separately I am also prescribed aspirin.

seeking your thoughts...

my HCG levels are as below:

11 Mar - 51
13 Mar - 43
19 Mar - 850
26 Mar - 1500
After few ultrasounds yesterday, cannot detect anything. Dr Tan is concerned that it's ectopic and tomorrow may suggest to terminate. :(

Seeking opinion whether I should get another doctor's opinion.

Mich, tomorrow you going see dr tan again? I would suggest if he really say terminate tomorrow I guess he will give you a date for it won't be immediately right? Then after that go find a 2nd opinion and see what the other doctor say. Since come this far no harm trying another doctor. If he really fix tomorrow terminate then tell him you fix another date while you go find 2nd opinion soon.

The hcg levels did not show healthy growth. A pregnancy, bhcg doubles at least evrry 2~3 days. So, dr tan makes the right decision.

Progynova is for medicated FET. Must continue n cannot stop. Even after bhcg test n is pregnant. Need to take all the way till end of 1st tri after placenta is formed.

seeking your thoughts...

my HCG levels are as below:

11 Mar - 51
13 Mar - 43
19 Mar - 850
26 Mar - 1500
After few ultrasounds yesterday, cannot detect anything. Dr Tan is concerned that it's ectopic and tomorrow may suggest to terminate. :(

Seeking opinion whether I should get another doctor's opinion.

Do you have any spotting/bleeding or pain/cramping?

I don't like the stand in too... first time I blur blur just go ahead since I went all the way there n its the first time I feel it's painful n I actually bleed when she remove the needles. Recently I went dw n its the other dr again. .. I choose to wait for 4 hours to see dr zou.

Same... Think she made me bleed to. Kept telling her it was painful. Anw I avoid her. Rem she said tt she comes on Tue and Fri mornings haha...

As long it is a stable pregnancy, thats most important to me.

Sometimes stomach very bloated, sometimes not. Normal right?

Now i feel the tww to 1st scan is soooo long!!!!

Meilingg, i never even felt bloated once. Haha. Think it is normal la for bloatedness to come and go. Anw, how are u feeling? When is ur scan?

Anyone with negative hpt but positive beta?
I know I can never believe hpt.
My last three pregnancy got faint line. This time is my first time looking at non-faint hpt and I have no symptoms.
Guess I am not pregnant. It is ok for me to accept the sad news. The fate shall be and God decides for me.

Now I have to wait for the menses to come after I stop supports next week.

Meilingg, i never even felt bloated once. Haha. Think it is normal la for bloatedness to come and go. Anw, how are u feeling? When is ur scan?

Today not so bloated. Yesterday was so bloated till like preggy for 3mths liao hahaha...

I guess cos constipation for the past few days...

My 1st scan is 8th apr... so long... very hard to stay positive sia lol.

Miracle_bb, hpt is fairly accurate to pick up pregnancy. Unless bhcg is super low like below 30. If so, may not b a good sign also

hazel,
It looks like so. I am ready to accept the results already when I first tested hpt on Tue. Today is my 2nd test and I've become more prepared for it.
I need time to get over my sadness quickly and move on.
I do enjoy both IVF and pregnancy journey keke.. How time flies and I miss feeling being pregnant so much, even IVF too... I must be very silly. Am I?

Miracle_bb, at least u hv 2 kids. Is always gd to hv more kids.. at times, i wonder maybe is God's will i only have belle. Coz she is expensive to maintain, am not even talking abt education cost yet. and is long term. If i tell u more u will understand the predicament i m in.. Sigh....

Education is super ex too. I just paid the registration fees, downpayment and first mth sch fees for 3.5hr N1 morning class starting in Jan 2015. The q is super long. So i am offered a plc better pay up. end of the yr still need to bring her for interview and confirmation is subject to that!

Mich, tomorrow you going see dr tan again? I would suggest if he really say terminate tomorrow I guess he will give you a date for it won't be immediately right? Then after that go find a 2nd opinion and see what the other doctor say. Since come this far no harm trying another doctor. If he really fix tomorrow terminate then tell him you fix another date while you go find 2nd opinion soon.

He has asked me to take additional BT to prep for the injection. Thanks for your thots.
Hazel thanks for your thots too.

Hi all,
I started TTC 3 years ago, failed 1 IVF cycle at KKH with only 1 egg fertilized. According to fertility doc, my case is considered quite impossible to get pregnant naturally. After my failed cycle I went to healing session with Lao Shi (Mdm Tan) , to give myself a break. I got to know Mdm Tan’s healing session through this forum, some sisters shared their experience and I thought no harm giving a try. Mdm Tan always encouraged me to TTC naturally and think positively, after few healing sessions, I felt that my body warmer and am not afraid of coldness, more importantly, I learnt to take things easily and stay positive, leave it to the God. Even though during my TTC naturally I did not succeed, I was never like in the past—that last time I would cry or thought negatively. Instead, I continued to see Mdm Tan, to prep my body for the TTC journey and I believed that I could get pregnant naturally. Last year, while waiting to arrange my new IVF appointment, I lived life as usual and went for a trip, miraculously, I got pregnant after the trip and am holding bundle of joy in my arms now. I would not say there is one sole factor anyone of us can refer to for successful TTC. But I really appreciate Mdm Tan for what she has helped and listened to me along this journey, she is not just a healer but also a friend to accompany us through this journey. I am sharing this because I can understand the feeling of TTC, knowing that besides medical help, we also need help in other ways. Just hope that my little story can motivate everyone to strive on and miracles can happen! No matter how hard it is, don’t lose heart and explore a way that you feel most comfortable with to carry on this TTC journey. Give yourself a chance when you are ready.

Miracle_bb, at least u hv 2 kids. Is always gd to hv more kids.. at times, i wonder maybe is God's will i only have belle. Coz she is expensive to maintain, am not even talking abt education cost yet. and is long term. If i tell u more u will understand the predicament i m in.. Sigh....

Education is super ex too. I just paid the registration fees, downpayment and first mth sch fees for 3.5hr N1 morning class starting in Jan 2015. The q is super long. So i am offered a plc better pay up. end of the yr still need to bring her for interview and confirmation is subject to that!
hazel which nursery are u sending belle? How come there is interview at such young age??

Gan, Chiltern House at East. Coast. There's no learning support at N1, so if the toddler's development is behind, they wun take. The head of Centre will interview both parent n toddler. Also, the interview will also allow the head of centre to assess which n1 class To place the child in.. also, was told is a prerequisite that the toddler is toilet train.. so, thru the interview, all these the head of centre will ask..

Belle will attend berries, once a wk chinese class too in Jan 2015 separately.

Gan, Chiltern House at East. Coast. There's no learning support at N1, so if the toddler's development is behind, they wun take. The head of Centre will interview both parent n toddler. Also, the interview will also allow the head of centre to assess which n1 class To place the child in.. also, was told is a prerequisite that the toddler is toilet train.. so, thru the interview, all these the head of centre will ask..

Belle will attend berries, once a wk chinese class too in Jan 2015 separately.
Oh, chiltern house is good. I think if u r Julia Gabriel student has priority. I am not sending my gal for any enrichment class now....think will wait till primary school then decide since she is already in school 5 days a week now.

Have u decided about doing a fresh cycle?

Back