IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, did any of your docs say there's no scientific evidence that Coq10 improves egg quality and doesn't recommend it? Roland Chieng said so and advised me to start egg retrieval soonest instead of taking Coq10 supplements for 3 months first. He said supplements are not proven to improve egg quality. I'm confused as a lot of websites recommend taking Coq10 for 3 months before egg retrieval to improve egg quality. But not sure if it's coz I've low AMH so no point waiting.
Would think a high protein diet would have a better chance of improving egg quality. Since your doc advised to do the ER, perhaps he didnt want to waste more time; afterall, time waits for no woman when it comes to IVF. Every year, success rate dips.

Some swear by coq10 but for me, i have not taken a single coq10, hence I have no idea if it works or not.

Suggest that you stick to your doc's advise since you have placed your faith (and money) on him and mutual trust and confidence is important in achieving what you want at the end of the day. Cheers!

Hi all,

I’m here again. Just did my FET last month and now I’m 7 weeks pregnant.

Had 1 fresh cycle + 1 frozen 6 years ago and had my daughter.

2 years ago I embarked into a frozen cycle (Day 6 Grade C Blast) but failed.

Last year I did 2 times of fresh and 1 time of frozen cycle this year then I got my bb who is in my tummy now.

I gone through more cycles and it was def much difficult to get pregnant due to my are compared to 6 years ago.

I had a tough pregnancy 6 years ago as I was having blot clots and spotting for entire 2 months and also HG with MS all day long for 4 months.

It was a courage for me to go through all over again and try but it seems worth it.

Now again, I having spotting since 3 weeks ago and I know what to do this time round (going O&G).

Also now having to deal with Morning Sickness again is not easy.

I hope we can graduate here with flying colours. Don’t lose hope, we are strong people ❤️
may i ask who is your ivf doctor and gynae now?

Hi, did any of your docs say there's no scientific evidence that Coq10 improves egg quality and doesn't recommend it? Roland Chieng said so and advised me to start egg retrieval soonest instead of taking Coq10 supplements for 3 months first. He said supplements are not proven to improve egg quality. I'm confused as a lot of websites recommend taking Coq10 for 3 months before egg retrieval to improve egg quality. But not sure if it's coz I've low AMH so no point waiting.
what is your AMH level and age?

Hi

I wanted to say that ivf is a high cost and high emotional investment. If you are not 100% convinced to do it before trying ubiquinol, it is your call not to start it first.

Start yr ivf only when you feel that you are prepared and ready for it. Afterall, how many ivf rounds can you undergo...choose the timing wisely!

All the best!

Hello anyone here experience this, due to sunday being an off day did their day 5 blastocyst - hatching blast on day 4 post ovulation instead for natural fet? This is my situation.. I have positive ovulation kit on Mon and strong peak on Tuesday. Tuesday the morning scan still can see the follicle and LH is surging, tue night I’m still positive. On wed, I became negative and morning scan shows that I’ve ovulated and LH test shows declined. Hence it means I ovulated on tue night and the transfer for day 5 would be Sunday but cos it’s closed I have to do it on sat- day 4 post ovulation instead. My blast is a hatching one during the day 4 transfer, will there be any issue with the implantation period or the blast don’t match the uterine age?

Hi all,

I have lost my baby at 11 weeks. Did a surgery to remove her.

I’m truly very sad that I almost reaching tri 2.

I had very HG (severe morning sickness) and prenatal depression as well.

I wanted to start my frozen cycle soon but my family asked me to rest first.

I am thinking to do a frozen cycle next year. But I have used up my grant, and this will be my 4th frozen cycle.

May I know those who paid cash how much u paid for frozen cycle FET?

Also, I am looking at way to reduce my HG if I am pregnant next year.

Hi all,

I have lost my baby at 11 weeks. Did a surgery to remove her.

I’m truly very sad that I almost reaching tri 2.

I had very HG (severe morning sickness) and prenatal depression as well.

I wanted to start my frozen cycle soon but my family asked me to rest first.

I am thinking to do a frozen cycle next year. But I have used up my grant, and this will be my 4th frozen cycle.

May I know those who paid cash how much u paid for frozen cycle FET?

Also, I am looking at way to reduce my HG if I am pregnant next year.
Hi Jill, sorry for your loss :(

Sorry, I cannot remember an exact breakdown. I paid hard cash (no medisave, no govt support) for my full cycle in 2022 - from STIMMS to ET, i spent about S$20-22K?

Usually I would advise to start soon cos the waiting time for the doc is equivalent to the body's waiting time (I'm referring to kkh, which could be a good 3-4 months), but perhaps for you, it might be a good idea to rest for a while before embarking the next cycle...

Hi Jill, sorry for your loss :(

Sorry, I cannot remember an exact breakdown. I paid hard cash (no medisave, no govt support) for my full cycle in 2022 - from STIMMS to ET, i spent about S$20-22K?

Usually I would advise to start soon cos the waiting time for the doc is equivalent to the body's waiting time (I'm referring to kkh, which could be a good 3-4 months), but perhaps for you, it might be a good idea to rest for a while before embarking the next cycle...
Thanks babe:

I am truly very sad. I keep crying for the past few days. My husband suggested we can go for consultation with Dr Liu first then slowly start the procedure. I think will take 1 year.

Also I’m also gonna eat tonics and also TCM.

Did u had HG (severe morning sickness)?

Thanks babe:

I am truly very sad. I keep crying for the past few days. My husband suggested we can go for consultation with Dr Liu first then slowly start the procedure. I think will take 1 year.

Also I’m also gonna eat tonics and also TCM.

Did u had HG (severe morning sickness)?
I understand, no words of consolation helps...*hugs*

I did have morning sickness like no appetite and the gag feeling, but I didnt vomit or got dehydrated...

It’s ok babe. I will start a frozen FET probably next year.

Just hope everything will go well.
Hi Jill, just want to send some hugs to you. I too, just had a miscarriage 1.5 weeks ago. Had one loss 3 years back too, still praying for my rainbow baby. Now I am going to run some tests to check first since it’s recurrent, before starting my first IVF journey. Haven’t decide between private and public… so many things to consider and prepare for, physically and emotionally

Hi Jill, just want to send some hugs to you. I too, just had a miscarriage 1.5 weeks ago. Had one loss 3 years back too, still praying for my rainbow baby. Now I am going to run some tests to check first since it’s recurrent, before starting my first IVF journey. Haven’t decide between private and public… so many things to consider and prepare for, physically and emotionally
Thanks Babe. Yes it’s very devastating. When I am alone I usually cry out loud. I miss my baby and I want back my baby..

I will doing my frozen cycle with Dr Liu from KKH.

I hope both of us can have our rainbow baby soon

Back