IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sisters, I have been in and off this forum. Great to hear a number of successful Ivf cases recently.

What is saline sonohystergraphy? What does it test?

May I also ask, sisters who did lap under sf Loh in TMC, how much does the procedure cost?

Hi sisters, I have been in and off this forum. Great to hear a number of successful Ivf cases recently.

May I also ask, sisters who did lap under sf Loh in TMC, how much does the procedure cost?

Saline Infusion Sonohysterography (SIS) or Saline Ultrasound Uterine Scan is a test where a small volume of saline (salt solution) is inserted into the uterus (or womb). This allows the lining of the uterus (endometrium) to be clearly seen on an ultrasound scan. It is also known as a Saline Ultrasound Uterine scan. SIS helps to see if there is any thickening of the endometrium of the uterus, or if there are polyps. Polyps are small growths of the endometrium.

Makino88, what do u intend to do next? How many fresh had u gone through? I've also failed 3 cycles. Gg to do the SIS in 9days time

Hi, i m new here. I just wanted to check with u ladies if its ok to take TCM during pregnancy. Gynae said not to take and TCM doc said take. I m confused....i need some help.

Makino88, what do u intend to do next? How many fresh had u gone through? I've also failed 3 cycles. Gg to do the SIS in 9days time

Hi mbbhopeful, I'm not sure.. I have 9 embryos in the freeze .. I may do an FET next. I'm not sure. I'll be 40 next month I'm not sure I want to have a baby that late in life. But I went to dr Loh for a second opinion. I asked him if it's too early for AF to arrive at 11dp3dt. He agreed and gave me a progesterone support jab this afternoon. I'm still spotting and hates using the uterogestan while I'm bleeding. What's SIS?

This is my 3rd fresh & my TTC journey is as follows:

2003 - IUI - failed twice
End 2003 - Pregnant but miscarried
Early 2004 - Pregnant naturally with lots of weight loss & prayers
Nov 2004 - Delivered my boy at full term 39 weeks
2008 - 2011 - TTC
2011 - 1st IVF (Dr Loh, 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 ET, froze 2)
2011 - FET cancelled (embryos didn't make the thaw)
2012 - failed SO-IUI at TMC
22 Aug 13 - 2nd IVF (Dr Sadhana, ER 21 eggs, 8 fertilized & cultured for blastocyst)
27 Aug 13 - 1 good grade blastocyst & 1 morula transferred, 0 frozen)
3 Sep 13 - beta 2.3 at 7dp5dt
7 Sep 13 - begin spotting. Onset of AF. Stopped progesterone inserts
6 Mar 14 - day 2 scan at KKH, followed by day 1 jab
17 Mar 14 - 3rd IVF (Dr Sadhana, ER 24 eggs, 19 matured, 17 fertilized via ICSI out of which 5 are grade 4, 6 grade 3, 5 under observations)
20 Mar 14 - transferred 3 x day3 Grade 4 embryos
31 Mar 14 - spotting at 11dp3dt & went to sf loh TMC for progesterone support jab

Hi hi tsf, I did lap under SF Loh end last year. My bill came up to about $8-9k. I removed endo and polyps. I think if you have fibroids, the charges will also varies. I did not stay overnight at the ward hence you need to add in the room charges if you intend to stay overnight. Anyway, all the charges are covered by my insurance. Check with your insurance agent if you can claim in full. Did Loh suggest Lap for you? He is very skillful and I am up and running after 3 days.

Dear bb blues, thanks for yr info! Ya. Dr Loh may suggest me to do a lap as he had found a blood cyst. Suspect I have endo also. So is lap a day surgery??? How severe is yr endo? R u trying Ivf now or oredi pregnant??

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. Did lap 3 weeks ago to remove cyst. Doc also informed that both tubes are blocked and can't be cleared.
Like to ask.. is IVF the only solution for me?
Is IVF painful? How much does it cost?

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. Did lap 3 weeks ago to remove cyst. Doc also informed that both tubes are blocked and can't be cleared.
Like to ask.. is IVF the only solution for me?
Is IVF painful? How much does it cost?

It will be extremely tricky for the eggs to reach the uterus if both tubes are blocked. That is why ivf is suggested.

Hi all, may I ask for those who had tried ivf for the 3rd time, anymore subsidy from govt? And can we still pay by cpf on the 3rd try??
I'm thinking of embarking the journey for the 3rd time so doing the sums now....
I was lucky on my 1st try in 2009 and delivered my princess in 2010.
Tried my 2nd ivf nov'14. Retrieved 4 eggs. 2 fertilized but none transferred as grade was no good.
Thinking of trying again this year.....

Have you started having sore boobs?

Mmm sore boobs I find abit very very little. Personally I can't sense much but hubbs did mention abit fuller, but I guess it's due to the duphaston. Anyway I remember back then when I insert utrogeston During fresh cycle I got even fuller looking boobs. So I thought this time round still lose previous fresh cycle.

Feeling very nervous again for my 8 weeks scan today. *pray everything is fine and strong inside*

hahahaha each time nervous. im here at nuh for my jab. so empty chr. i asked why so empty? doctor and some nurses all on seminar. hahahahha they dont have scan or any ivf procedure during this period.

baby sparkles, i did a scan at week 7 at another private clinic outside. now is 1st checkup with kkh gynae the aptm bring forward instead of 14 april she is available today so must secure 1st lor.

Hi all, may I ask for those who had tried ivf for the 3rd time, anymore subsidy from govt? And can we still pay by cpf on the 3rd try??
I'm thinking of embarking the journey for the 3rd time so doing the sums now....
I was lucky on my 1st try in 2009 and delivered my princess in 2010.
Tried my 2nd ivf nov'14. Retrieved 4 eggs. 2 fertilized but none transferred as grade was no good.
Thinking of trying again this year.....

Yes if you are below 40 years old. Govt subsidies 3 fresh & 3 FET. Yes for CPF co-pay too.

Anybody know what decapeptyl jab for in medicated fet? my whole body is feeling so weak or is it because i woke up early today? :rolleyes:

I rem this jab is to help implantation cos I had to jab on day 6 after er...tats wat dr said

oh really? u have any side effect on the jab? mine ET also not yet. After this, wait for mensus to come, den come for blood test. den start on Progynova Pills.

Ooo then I dun knw y dr gave u... cos if my et is based on day 5 blasto then I jab this the next day after et.. if day 3 trsf then jab 3 days after et.. but I dun rem I have side effect. U can Google on the naming to check wat other help it gives

Ooo then I dun knw y dr gave u... cos if my et is based on day 5 blasto then I jab this the next day after et.. if day 3 trsf then jab 3 days after et.. but I dun rem I have side effect. U can Google on the naming to check wat other help it gives

hahahah google liao cannot find the answer that it is for.

@dolly_gal just found this. hahahaha But still, what has it to do with my fet? Not going for ER mah. lol

Lupron (also known as decapeptyl) is used to help the doctors take full charge of your hormones. It depresses your natural hormones, making the medication the sole source of ovarian stimulation.

Hi all... Today is my 8d ET. .. having headaches n cramps n backache... dunno if its normal ... tml I will b startin work... really hope all well ends well....

Hi all... Today is my 8d ET. .. having headaches n cramps n backache... dunno if its normal ... tml I will b startin work... really hope all well ends well....

Hi there,
Im also 8dp5dt. BT this friday. Having on n off cramps also. Sometimes progesterone pills can cause some side effects from wat I read n heard. I hope all goes well for u. Take care.
When is yr BT?

Dear Sisters,

May i know is anyone taking DHEA? Can one take DHEA during suppression stage? My frd is on this med called noristerone (for suppression). Thank you.

Dear Sisters,

May i know is anyone taking DHEA? Can one take DHEA during suppression stage? My frd is on this med called noristerone (for suppression). Thank you.

i took dhea for two months but i stopped a mth before i start injection. Because i cannot tahan the side effect, rashes. Ur friend is on nor-e pill right? i think can just continue dhea till ER. I took coq 10 all the way till ER.

Dear Sisters,

hi am on dhea yes and its been 5 months now
according to my clinic (TFC) you have to take dhea till day before ET then you stop

Im experiencing UTI right now during my medicated cycle after my decap jab... haiyoh lucky not so bad, still can control. But so uncomfortable everytime urine.

Back