Intimacy after having children

glennng1702

Hi everyone,

I am a 47yo new father. After trying IVF 6 times, my wife and I finally succeeded having a child. Then came pregnancy and taking care of the child. Everything is great, except…

While we were doing IUIs and IVFs, sex started becoming just a baby making activity. I shunned being told it is ovulation day on the app.

Each IVF failure made things worse, it really took its toll on me even though all i needed to do is be there and make payments.

Our intimacy dropped to zero which is tough for any guy I am sure.

And then of course there was no sex during the whole pregnancy as that’s what the doctor said.

And now that there is a baby, I just dont see my wife have any time or interest in sex.

Just wanted to hear from other men and women out there if such a situation has happened to them as well.

How did you cope with a lack of intimacy? Is it gone forever? Does it ever come back? What do you do if you just have needs?

This is a female dominated forum. You won't get answers here. Most cannot even identify with your problem. They will think you are evil and selfish.

It is going to get worse for you.

I am in a support group of 200 with many men facing this issue. Sexless marriages. After the kids arrive.

Some as long as 3 years.

Personally I think you should work with your wife on this. Talk it out and find a compromise

Hi everyone,

I am a 47yo new father. After trying IVF 6 times, my wife and I finally succeeded having a child. Then came pregnancy and taking care of the child. Everything is great, except…

While we were doing IUIs and IVFs, sex started becoming just a baby making activity. I shunned being told it is ovulation day on the app.

Each IVF failure made things worse, it really took its toll on me even though all i needed to do is be there and make payments.

And then of course there was no sex during the whole pregnancy as that’s what the doctor said.

And now that there is a baby, I just dont see my wife have any time or interest in sex.

Just wanted to hear from other men and women out there if such a situation has happened to them as well.

How did you cope with a lack of intimacy? Is it gone forever? Does it ever come back? What do you do if you just have needs?

Well, it really depend. After birth, usually we woman, are tired. However we understand sometime intimacy (especially sex) is still needed in the marriage. So will try to accommodate to hubby as well. Of course not always/frequent ba.

Maybe can try communicate with her about it? Also how long after birth did you request sex from her?

Hi everyone,

It’s not easy to go thru ivf, so try to understand her. The important thing is you all have a baby.but she might need time to recover.

Try to initiate sex and use what ever method when you were dating her.

Try to buy her flower and bring Her out for show. Or go on a tour.
Sometime your wife might be concentrating too much on your child and neglect u.

Anyway don’t listen to those people that this is a female dominated forum.
We try out best to help husband.
But we despise those who always look down on women and still think that male are the superior race and everything have to accommodating to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Back