IVF/ICSI Support Group

MSFamily,

just to check, for the period you preparing to ET, did you eat anything in particular? What was your diet like? You mentioned eggs. When to eat them? Egg white or whole eggs? How many? Sorry so many qyestions for you. TIA.

LFB - i started when i am on GOnal F/puregon stage ... was advise to have 10 eggs/ day ... only egg white hor. My nurses advised me to take them raw... eat with milo BUT some others eat half boil ...

It help to reduce bloatedness and OHSS ....

Jan - quality that counts, jia you
happy.gif

Thanks MSFamily. I wont be having Lucrin Jabs. So means it will be 14days of Menogon la.
sad.gif
I can start eating egg whites once I start my jabs huh. Yucks.. U had to have raw 10egg whites a day????? How did u do it man? stir in Milo? all 10?? yucks.. Its nice to know all ur hard efforts paid off... Hope the same for all of us....

Dear MSFamily,

thanks. Puregon stage means the pen injection period, right? 2WW, any special diet you follow? TIA

nicole
don't take it raw lah.. cook it ok.. later ls then you know.. ya. can start taking once you start the jabs...

LFB
just take the eggwhites.. the eggyolks not much protein and it's high in cholesterol.

LFB
sorry. I used the wrong nick. yes. 8-10 eggwhites everyday as soon as you start the jabs. very siongz but bo bian.. got to perserve. think i finish 3 trays of 30 eggs at home during that period.

MSFamily,

wow! I will faint man! 90 egg whites in total! Ok, must start planning. Did you cook your own meal? My sis wanted me to have complete bed rest, must I?

Jan
Don't abt the qty, sometimes the last 2 days the eggs will grow v fast... mine oso, the doc said only 3 prospective one and after ER, I've 5 eggs retreived out.. Jia you
happy.gif

MS Family
Thanks for ur info..
Would like to chk w u, the AF cramp/Pain u experience during ur 2ww, it's sometimes v painful.. or all along bit cramp...

LFB
think you got the wrong person.. ha ha..didn't really cook my own meal. I didn't have complete bed rest lah.. but mine is different case. mine was converted from SO-IUI. Basically, i tried almost every way of eating eggs, hard boil, soft boil, fried, scrambled... now I still a bit scare of eggs.. must still continue after ER leh...

LFB
You don't need to complete bedrest, the nurse told me, don't do tat... jus rest when u feel tired and go for stroll for dinner...

Thk if u bed rest completely at home, thk u'll get crazy.. very bored leh, can't do anything... now i at home oso felt v "sian" liao... sometimes sleep too much there's backache....

Hi All, i eat 2 eggs white /drink ....drink 5 cups of milo for 1 days.... It taste awful ... the water use to make milo cannot be too hot ... otherwise eggs wite cook then not as nutritious liao.

Diet during 2WW - nothing special. Eat fish, chicken, vegetables & lots of fruits (avoid constipation)

I test alt days leh .... I think that clearblue test i was using is abt 30+ (for 2 tests)

I dun cook myself ... i have a helper at home to cook my meals for me .

Zeena - just like AF pain, on & off ...but througout the 2ww, tummy very bloated.... till now i still feel that way. some skirts cannot wear.

for my case, when i 1st started gonalF, the nurse told me to take 2 egg white daily. now after 1st scan, was told to increase to 6 eggs white.
but i usually KS, will try to take more. i oso take more high protien food, like red meat, milk, cheese.

LFB, Cuteangle,
i'll also gg to TFC tomorrow morning, but usually, very early. gg for my daily jab chop chop go in n come out.
just did my 1st scan today, respond should be ok, Dr nvr mention how many follicles but he shows me my chart with red n black crosses, quite a good nos. ranging from 4mm to 10mm.

hi rejoice,
honestly (like u) i don't have migraine before until i began IVF. so now m pretty nervous about taking new medic/jab as after ~5days, my body starts to react to it.
m with KKHIVF centre under Dr SF loh. what about you?
it seems both yourself & ML are cycle buddies.

hi blesswbb,
wonder if you're as anxious as myself looking forward to this fri?? were u also told to have 2 jabs (lucrin & puregon) daily till scan on 5/2?? m praying for us to have a smooth 1 wk & with gd number of follicles growing in our ovaries. is there any special diets you planned to emabrk? it seems we could start having egg whites since taking puregon...

hi budderball & zeena,
all the best of luck to both of you for seeing positive outcomes.... understand time can seem very slow while waiting.... but comfort yourselves with positive stuff okie!

MS Family
Wow.. u ate so much egg white.. thumbs up for u !

My stomach on and off bloatness, now not tat bloatness but AF pain getting more and more painful sometimes, so worried, everytime go toilet, pray hard...
sad.gif

hi penguin,
it's encouraging to see the many follicles in your scan. i wonder if docs @KKHIVF will show us such results like yours did.
and when is your ER date scheduled??
best of luck!!!

Hi everyone,
I am back and thanks to all the concerns...
I am v sad now & dun tink I can go ahead wif the IVF plans for now.
Good luck to all whom are in the journey...wish I cld join, bt sometimes really v difficult...

Babychloe, are u oks? Is ur dad ok? What happen... Dont give up. U need to give urself a chance to try at least before giving up completely..... We are here for you..... Keep us posted.

ML,
Honestly I am not ok, I tink I am on the verge of breaking down!
dun wan to ride on this thread & talk abt something else...I will update in my blog when I am more ok...Thanks for your concern.

Pretyylady
you can't see the follicles scan, but when scanning, the lady tell the nurse the size of the follicles, so able to knw probably how many.. and later when the KKIVF doc advice to you whether to increase the dos or inj pregnyl... from there u able to see how many at the chart there...

I've checked with the nurse yest when i went for inj, the nurse said is normal... maybe will call and check again..

Babychole
u sound v sad... hope you are ok,...

Babychole
so sorry to hear that. Don't think abt IVF at the moment. handle one thing at a time. please feel free to talk to us if it makes you feel better. Nothing we can do to ease the pain but we can help to listen if you want. Take care!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>14/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Approx 28/04/08</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>16/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Approx 30/04/08</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuteangle </TD><TD>ER</TD><TD></TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>LFB</TD><TD>Birth Control Bill</TD><TD>April</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>Puregon </TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>Lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Lo </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Babychloe, Im sorry that ur going thru this.. Than be with your dad... Dont be sad....... I know its easier said than done.. Pls know we are here for you..

U too babychloe.... Im sure it will all work out............ Pls be brave and be there for your Dad. U will too succedd with IVF.. We all will its a matter of time... Big Hugs...

Babychole,
Be strong and take care!

Zeena,
Sounds like you are giving youself too much stress, relax, you are still having hormone jab now, so don't be scared when to toilet.

nicole
ha ha.. dunno yet leh... No difference on the IVF thing lah.. but getting more and more gan cheong as the day draws nearer.

I know what u mean ML, I too getting sacred anxious dont even know how to discribe what Im feeling... Noticed u registered in 2003... How come so long time ago?

Oh... this was my SingaporeBrides id. long long time ago.

ya loh.. now getting more and more gan cheong.. really scare will fail loh... Take exam also not so stress.

budderball
not convenient to say here leh.. but they didn't handle it very well..told me some nasty stuff then later ask me if I'm willing to consider staying or not. no logical person would do that loh...

hope that the new place will be better...

Back