IVF/ICSI Support Group

oink oink
same here.. no patience to wait and to travel.. so IVF is the worst form of treatment because have to wait so long for everything.

today is a bad day.. stayed up too late last night to study.. now fighting to keep my eyes open...
sad.gif

Zeena,

Injected 250 units for KK just now. What about you? Actually how do they decide on the units to be injected. Procedure for Puregon seems more complicated, i was very worried when hubby jab for me just now, cos the needles are bigger - scared pain.....

Next scanning will be next Fri. Your must be next Thurs, am i right?

Hi Budderball,
Is at Bugis, 7.30pm on 18 April 2008
Any 1 interested can just send in your name when the nearest date may be 11 April next friday .. cos still need to do headcount and do booking...

Any suggestion ladies ? what food to eat ? so I can starts to look for places 1st if not later all got to sit on the floor liao...

lenny
I know of a friend's friend. she got 2 tubes blocked. lap cant clear them. she was successful on her first ivf at KKIVF. Now mum of triplets. 2 girls and a boy

Hi babydust,

thank u so much for answering all my doubts.I am very grateful.It's so useful to those who thinking of embarking on this journey.
Few more days result be will out,really shower u w lots of bb dust & for all the ladies here.

Hi Oinkoink,

Happy Belated Birthday to u.I really admire yr strong character.I am sure u will success cos u have a strong postive mind.

Hi all,

I am new in this forum. I am doing my IVF with Dr Cheng too, Apr/May. Actually I know not alot about IVF, just wanted to try since Dr Cheng told me IUI is not that helpful. Can I ask about accupunture? How can it help? Where do you go for it? And when is 2ww? I know it is after the embryo transfer, but is it after the daily injection? Sorry for asking these silly questions as TMC can only do counselling mid April. Thanks. Hubby told me not to be too hopeful but I will do my best to trust God and believe He will help.

Hi Babydust - on & off i also have some abdomen pain, also worried. Very scare that is a sign that menses coming ......This few days i very emotional... i not sure is it becuase i worried or really is AF coming.

Babydust - ur 2WW ending soon already ...
happy.gif
Jia you Jia you.

Budderball
I'm injecting 600iu, mine is alot cos previously I've tried IVF but later convert to IUI cos not many eggs... so doc increased the dosage... HOpe that tis round there'll be more eggs...
sad.gif

Eggs Eggs.... come come.... hehe....

Your hubby very "yong gan" inject for u... I do it myself cos hubby looks "jin zhang" than me, can feel his hand shivering when helping me holding the pen when I need to adj the dosage... haha....

I've many bruises on my stomach
sad.gif
so pain, sad... hope faster ER... follow by ET...

Will you be taking 2ww rest at home? Thk our ER will be almost same wk....

Zeena,

Initally my hubby also very nervous when jabbing for me, specially when doing the first jab, forgot all the procedures. Now he can tell me he's very professional.. haha

How can you have so many bruises? Must have kenna the veins. There is once i inject kenna the veins, blue black, then, i explore around, realise that lower abit will not be that painful. You can try to pinch youself abit, you will know where i referring to. But when i had my puregon jab in KK, nurse say too low, not enough fats. I don't really know the reason why, maybe needle for Puregon is bigger, that's why need to find 'fatty' area.

Will doctor automatically give HL for 2ww? If yes, that's the best, i can 'nua' at home. heehee.....who knows we might be doing ER on the same day.

MSfamily,
yah, me too. But cant let it overtake our lives. We have to believe that it IS OK and baby is growing inside. Until bld test day at least. Hang in there. Few more days only... !

Zeena and all those doing injections now...
Have you tried rubbing ice on the area just before injecting ? I found it took away some of the pain and created less bruising as well, compared to before that when i wasnt putting ice.

Hi Budderball,
I also had 250iu Puregon last time. I think in KK they start with about that dose & increase if responce is slow etc, hence Zeena is now on such a high dose. It's also one of the more expensive drug during the whole process, so if you're lucky, will not have to increase dose. I ended up having 43 eggs (hyperstimulation, and lot of pain after ER) even with 250iu, so dont worry about the dose, everyone responds differently.

Budderball,
Yah, had 2 egg whites/day and lots of plain water. it went away on its own. Luckily did not need admission to hospital. Wasnt so bad.

Budderball
Maybe I'm too fat, can't really pinch properly to my stomach,haha....
Thk KK only give 5days HL... heard frm the counselor... if they only give me 5 days, I'll take another wk leave... thk better play safe, me bit "kasu" must try to relax more cos my work quite stressful...

Babydust
Thanks for your advise, I'll try it tmr

Hi All,

Went to c TCM at Clementi, Dr Tan Kia Seng and showed him my hb's sperm count report from last year and he commented tat from the report last year, IVF success rate is not tat high leh....& he also suggested tat my hb go for another test again & meanwhile he give me some satchets of powder to consume for 6 days before going back to him. He also requires me to take my temp every mrning once I wake up to check my hormones level...
Anyone whom tried IVF successfully wif hb's sperm count quite low? My Hb's only 1% normal form, 2.2ml - vol....& Dr Tan say tis is not v good for IVF...
Bt Dr SF Loh say my chances are 40% leh....now i am confused cos I dunno wat to do next....Dun wish to wait any further to try for IVF, bt now abit scared to try since TCM said like tat....
Perhaps wait for the latest sperm count test and c hw...
Anyone has the same situation???
Please advise. Thanks.

Zeena,
Good mOrning. I had 43 ER, 13 embryos and put in 2 last time adn 2 this time (FET).
Had soft and hard boiled eggs- egg sandwich for lunch, soft boiled for breakfast etc etc.

MSFamily,
Luckily I didnt have to eat 10! How do you do it ? I could barely manage the 2eggs. How many embryos did you make in the end and how many put in now?

Babychloe,
I have a friend who had IVF and they were told hubby had almost no sperms and yet they struck gold the first time and now have a 2 yr old daughter. She was in late 30's some more, so dont worry about it. Another friend who conceived naturally when her gynae told her they may never have kids without ivf since hb sperm was almost 0 after he had cancer of he testes & chemotherapy. I believe its all in God's hands, NO one can tell, not any TCM or any gynae. Be optimistic. Hope this gives u some hope.

LFB
welcome to this thread. i am also under dr cheng starting birth control pills when menses reports in a week or so.

some of the girls here see dr zou, TCM in amk ave 8 block 505 tel 64560833. depending on the stage u are in, we usually take daily med (in powder form) and acu twice weekly. each acu session abt 40 mins costing $25 excluding med. call for appt.

Acu is said to "tiao" our body better to help implantation, eggs, etc.

The procedure for ivf -- birth control pills( depends on clinic), jabs with scans at clinic,
embryo removal, embryo transfer after fertilised with sperm then final 2ww, 2 weeks wait to see if one if pregnant. hope i have answered ur questions

Good Morning ladies,
Went to the clinic for briefing yesterday to discuse what to be done b4 embark to FET.
Was told to call the 1st when next menses come and will monitor my cycle, overluation timing to do "Natural FET" in June.

Any 1 here success in doing "Natural FET" ?

Babydust- i also put in 2, i have 12 embryos.... you intend to do hpt today ???

Was reading on the net that can IVF centre test 10 - 12 after transfer....

Hi ladies,
Has being thinking of places for our gathering on 18 April, after conserdertion, I really can't think of any places that is suitable for us at Bugis! due to our group size, a place where we can sit N have long talk, I was thinking of changing our gathering to Hotel Coffee house? How....? Pls suggust ?

Place - Marina Square
Hotel - Marina Mandrain 3 Level
Localion - Aqua Marine
Food - Buffet

Hi MSFamily & babydust2,

Thanks for your advice!
This is wat I thought also, low sperm count, tats y go for IVF....
Actually went to him with the intention for him to tiao both myself & hb, bt he dun give a positive answer...Ang Mo Kio (Dr Zou) is too far for us as we stay in the west area...
Anyway,will wait til my hb's latest sperm count test & for him to c my hormones 1st...I will still go ahead for the KK appt in May....

Hi Babydust
I've tried your advice tis morning, putting ice onto the stomach before injection... very good, not tat painful but still have abit bruises (thk cos I need to adjust the units again for 2nd inj)...

Oink OInk
Sound good... hope our gathering dun crash with my ER, looking forward to chit chat with you gals.... Hmm... how are we gonna recognise each other... hehe... wearing all black, haha....

Dear Nancy,

thanks for your detailed answers, you did clear my queries. In actual fact, I realised yesterday afternoon that Dr Zou is just 2 blocks from where I stay, so I went to her this morning. Managed to get my first AC. She was quite brief with her answers though. I have my own TCM doc, so I will go to Dr Zou only for AC. I really am very thankful for this forum as I know nothing abt IVF. Thanks again Nancy.

Nancy,

yep, I went in and took a look. If this month my menses arrive, I will go and take the medicine from Dr Cheng. You are also Apr/May cycle, right? I am now thinking when to apply leave to rest after the injection and all. Thanks!

Budder - Actually you will know if you are at risk maybe a couple of days after you start Puregon. The doctor are supposed to read your follicles growths and see the response to the puregon....

I was highlighted risk abt 1 week into puregon....

Good morning ladies !

Nancy - yes that what she told me , they will scan monitor my normal follicle and blood test to check when I ovulating . she said since my menses is very regular and it would be better to place in the embroys on the 2 months after my my IVF and no injection nor medication needed.(Cos my body react slow to medicine and also allergy to medicine, now whole body got rash so itchy lei)
The whole procedure sound very easy and cost $4k plus and can use medisave (Heng Er).

Zeena, Nancy and the rest of the ladies - So we shall fix a\our gathering at Marina square on 18 Apr , friday , at 7.30pm
will confirm again later b4 making reservation.

Morning gals!!!

Cheekygal, babydust
how how??? any good news in advance! All the BEST!!!

oink oink
should be ok with the date, time and place.. see ya...

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>11/4/2008</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>12/4/2008</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>8/4/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babydust2</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>9/4/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>birth control pills</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Good Morning Ladies....

Oink Oink count me in for dinner. Mayb put the reservations in one person's name and all of us can meet there and they can show us to the table! hehehehhe.. So exciting! hehe

ML, 8hrs more to go and 3hrs to lunch! hehehehe

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering if she had tubes removed before proceeding with IVF? I am thinking of having them both removed before FET. I did some research on block tubes (hydro tubes) chances of concieving during IVF is very slim bcoz of the fluid in block tubes will harm embies. I asked Dr Loh about my findings. His answer was its true but still possible. Most ladies only succeed only after tubes removal. So I was wondering if your friend did have her tubes removed? And I should have it done too?

Budderball
not sure if it's the same with your doc. The nurse at TMC was telling me that if you have more than 30 follicles, the doc will be concern that you might have OHSS.

hi lenny, i have blocked tubes and did IVF this Jan. Now 12weeks pregnant. I did not remove my tubes and my gynae did not suggest removing them even though she know via Lap that they are blocked and I need IVF.

Maybe u cld ask Dr Loh if they are any risk in removing the tubes...cos in every surgery there are risks.

Ladies, i cheated.... last night i cannot sleep, actually cannot sleep for 3 days already....

i persuaded HB to do HPT for me ... it is a positive .... even i know it might be a fake positive but .... i am glad lor at least is positive
happy.gif

Now more confident to approach this coming Fri for the blood test
happy.gif

ML,
Hope everything will goes on smoothly for me.
Today D4 for Puregon, will feel thirsty but my stomach filled with water already. Will monitor. Only D4, follicles will not grow that fast bah...

Back