Hong Kong Disneyland

Hi Mummies,

Would appreciate some advise from mummies who have been to HK disneyland.

1) When purchasing the entrance tickets, do they accept cash only or do they accept credit card as well?

2) If I were to purchase the tickets online, and it so happen that the weather is no good that day (eg rain), can I change the entrance date to another day?

3) Would like to know what are the food available for sale in disneyland as we'll be having our meals there. Restaurant? food court? fast food? Are there many choices/variety?

4) Roughly what's the price range of food sold in disneyland? I know that things in disneyland are more expensive, just want to have a rough idea of how ex.

5) For the rides in disneyland, any idea what's the minimum height/age for most of the rides? I do not know whether they go by height or age, but are there many rides for a 100cm child?

Many thanks in advance.
happy.gif

Just back from HK.

Weather is hot there. So, be prepare to get tan. hehe

Maple,
1) I think they accept cc there.
2) I think cannot change date if you have purchase for that date. Why not buy when you go there? For the few days I am there, no rain, and it's hot.
3) Food is available in disneyland, but price on the steep side. I didn't really eat there so can't tell you the price range.
5) for height of 100cm, should be able to take most ride except for the roller coaster. But the roller coaster not fun at all, so can skip it. haha

Hi poohie,

I still thot the weather is cooling 20-25C.... am going to HK in mid Apr, the weather will likely to be hotter then.

Have u gone to ocean park when u were in HK? their renovation completed?

thks

kwala,
For day time, it's abt 26C to 28C bah. Cos I got tanned down there. However, when there is wind, it's cool wind. At night it's slightly cool, but still don't need to wear jacket.

Ya, I think April will be hotter.

I didn't go Ocean Park, can't imagine carrying my 2 boys as they refuse to walk.

Hi Mommies,

Really get lot of tips after read this thread, will bring my 5 yrs old girl to HK & Macau on beg of apr.

hi jane
happy.gif
me also going HK beginning of apr ;p but my gal will only be 21 mths at time of travel hehe have u booked your hotel?
happy.gif

Hi Sweet, u also going HK on beg of apr? searching for hotel, still no idea which hotel to book, which hotel did you booked?

Maybe also can share with me which part of HK you will go? I'm so blur really no idea where should bring my girl to, only think abt disneyland & ocean park.
happy.gif

Bring kid can't go so much of shopping, don't think she can take it.

Hi pigletz,

Thanks for your advice. Really appreciate that.
Weather is hot? That's a surprise to me. Thanks for sharing with us.

Btw, do we need to declare FM and medication? Must the FM be sealed and unopened? Is it alright to bring an opened pack of FM?

hi jane, we booked nathan hotel which is near jordan MTR. will be visiting the popular spots like disneyland, the peak, lantau island and some shopping. sponsoring my parents + granny for the trip as well.. so we are a grp of 5 adults + 1 toddler

how many days will u be there for?

Hi Sweet,

We're grp of 3 adult + 1 kid. Will arriving Macau on 4 apr and visit Zhuhai on 5 apr.

Visiting HK from 6-9 apr. Places u mentioned definately will go, just worried time not enough
happy.gif

HI Jane, my previous trip last Nov, I've stayed in Dragon Hostel in Mongkok. It's quite convenient with Woman's street downstairs nia! Many makan places around also. Went with 3 adults n 2 children, taken their big room.

Hi natellehcim,

Thanks for ur advise, either will book Dragon Hostel or Ah Shan Hostel, waiting for my friend's confirmation.
happy.gif

Maple,
I didn't declare my FM. But I packed it like 1 feeding, 1 pkt. Looks like those drug pack. hehe. Anyway, I check in luggage, so it's okay.

As for medication, if it's those syrup type for kids, as long as the label has the kids name, it's okay. The rest like panadol, etc, don't need to declare.

hoho03,
My colleague stays in Panda hotel before, he say okay. But then, he went there alone for business trip for 3 weeks. So I guess, if it's with family, might not be the same lor.

jane, where is zhuhai? hehe paiseh, me so blur ;p since u have 4 days in HK, should be able to complete the few popular sites

Sweet,
Zhuhai is in China, very near to Macau, just like s'pore to JB. Since I'll landed at Macau, so just visit Zhuhai, never been there before. Heard from friend stuff over there really cheap.

I'll stay HK for 3 days 2 nite only, hope the famous point able to go
happy.gif

BTW, which day u'll arrive HK?

Sweet,
Zhuhai is in China, very near to Macau. Juz like S'pore to JB. Never been there before, since will landed at Macau, just spend day trip there lor. Heard from friend stuff there really cheap if compare to HK.

Will stay HK only for 3 days 2 nite, hope the famous point able to go
happy.gif

BTW, which day u'll arrive HK?

Hi Kwala,

Yes, went to the Kate Spade outlet at Citigate- rather limited range of bags, but have quite a lot of shoes- prices not particularly cheap- prob about the same as in S'pore when bags on sale...

I enjoyed Le Saunda much more- great looking and comfy shoes...
Also bought running Tees from Nike outlet...

thks for the info fairyprincess.

me still thought that kate spade outlet got a lot of handbags and wanted to get some from there instead of buying from the BP forum...

looks like nothing is particularly cheap there... but I am getting the pantene clinic care shampoo where i go HK since it is no available in s'pore

hi! me just back from HK yesterday
happy.gif

the weather was kinda cold for the 6 days i was there, except for day 5. have to wear jackets/cardigans kind...

thanks 4 the updates, cottoncandy.
btw, is it raining when u were there?

erkerk, the kate spade outlet is at citygate outlet mall.

Hi mummies,

Any tips on planning for F&E Hongkong?? Where to stay, shopping, which airline to take, & where to makan.....

need ur help...1st time going with my kids....

tks

amy, if you dun want child with bed, you can try staying at L hotel tsuen wan....but it is not in city....but have big and spacious room....5 star hotel.....much city compared to staying in city 3 star hotel etc

can take cab that cost on avg S$20....worth it if you have about 5 person since taxi can take in 5 pax excluding infant. End up cost per pax might be cheaper than taking train

shopping can go citygate at tung chung....and many other places...peak, stanley, sogo at causeway....langlam place at mong kok....its everywhere

makan also everywhere...for the best goose...can go yung kee at central....take cab, they sure know

airline...cathay more timing but they charge higher price for infant compared to SQ.

Very easy to travel in HK.....

kwala, the kate spade there nothing one...dun have too high expectation

i went from 7-11 april...didnt rain at all....i did not wear jacket...cooling enough...at night mayb can put on jacket for kids

now the weather changing to slightly warmer since summer approaching

HI amy, now SQ has the 2-to-go promo. So much cheaper than I bought last Nov.
kao_cry.gif

Last Nov, I went with my hubby, MIL and 2 kiddos. We took the airbus instead of the train or cab. Cheaper and also convenient. Some of them also alight at hotels destinations, depends on where you stay. Some hotels also have transfers.

As for hotel stay, due to I was there for many nights hence really got to budget on hotels and their rooms too small to cater all. Rather save the hotel stay money for food and other enjoyment.
kao_sticktongue.gif
Hence I've stayed in a hostel which is in Mongkok. Initially was skeptical about such hostels' cleaniless and security. But the experience was fine and my kids enjoyed it. The hostels were something like what we saw on the HK series.

Hi eMemum,natellehcim,

Tks for ur infor...did u try by flying with Jetstar??

Tot of trying, but scare kids can't sit still without any TV....

Any feedback on tat??

tks

Hi amy, I had not tried Jetstar for kids. Is there any special price for jetstar? I've seen lately SQ's promo seems competitive.

oh...I'm looking @ Dec which 2 way cost around 1k for family of 4...ok,rite?? But nothing is there for the kids..

tat y still looking around..

heard frm my friend, the plane is ok but sitting area is small compare to those normal plane....

So which 1 to book 1st?? Hotel or the plane?? Themeparks tixs can get when we there,rite?? Or hve to kb through internet??

hihi
Just came back from Disneyland
happy.gif
We fly via Tigerair to Shenzhen, cross over to HK for day trip.

From the port Luo Hu to HK Disneyland, via double decker bus then train was a great experience, along the bus route, you get to see the Tsing Ma Bridge and the many sights of buildings.

Disneyland was great as usual, they added some new sights as compared to 2 years ago when I last went. but it rained and we paid $50+ for a umbrella and a raincoat...
sad.gif
So, pls bring your small umbrella and disposable raincoats for kids.

Park tickets can buy at site. Do hold on to your kids tightly, there has been recent cases of children lost in there and never found.

Shopping in HK, forget it unless you want branded stuff. The things are way too ex there, that's also why we stayed in Shenzhen. The food, hotel is cheap, the shopping is cheap. Massage is cheap, cost $20 for a 1hr foot massage, 2 hrs full body massage. Pedicure/Manicure $4. We had seafood dinner that has the lobster sashimi, elephant trunk sashimi, roast goose, fish, vege, double boiled soup, all for $200 SGD.

The stuff you get in HongKong all comes from Shenzhen, you see HK store owners talking to the SZ owners abt replenishing goods, which are sellable etc. 2 years ago, I stayed in HK, saw a pair of shoes, seller charged HKD 500 before bargaining. I crossed over to Shenzhen, same pair of shoe, RMB 280 before bargaining, and in the end, I got it for 50RMB.

Children's clothes shoes are fraction of the price you pay in Singapore. But must BARGAIN real hard. We go by 1/3 rule, they tell you the price RMB 100, you tell them RMB30, cannot? Walk away. Chances are next shop sells the same thing. If they ask you to go back into the shop, you get it at RMB 30. If they dun ask you back, means that thing will cost more than RMB30, so you go another shop and tell them RMB 40. :p

Hi Linda,
so you went Shenzhen with kids. Me brought them to Shenzhen for a day trip from HK last Dec instead. Didn't go shopping in Shenzhen but went to Windows of Wonders. Was skeptical of bringing and let the kids stay in Shenzhen that time, hence stayed in HK hostel. Since you've done so, would like to know your experience there? how old your kids? If ok, maybe next trip will want to fly Shenzhen direct instead. My kids are asking me to go Disneyland again. They are 5 & 6 years old.

We flew HK direct last nov and took the double deck bus to Mongkok and had enjoyed the scenery you've mentioned. that was night time, nice. Then returning took the same bus to the airport, and enjoyed the day scenery. did not take their MTR Express train at all.
happy.gif

Wow... u mummies sound hving fun over there....can't wait till Dec..do u know where can I shop for Hello Kitty for girl or stuff for boy??

If nt, kid will start to nag...nag... without buying their things....

As for me, dn't tink will go to Shenzhen..cause last time when I was there 10yrs ago, when i go to their maken place, the toilets door was so ???
either without the top door if nt is without the bottom door...aiyo, so diff to go and shh..shh...

back to HK, anyone went to the Madame Tussauds?? Any thing to see??

Hi Natellehcim

I have prefered Shenzhen to HK. Comparatively, I find Hong Kongers as rude as Shenzhen-ers, if not more rude. :p The people there all speak as though they are quarrelling.
Shenzhen people are pretty friendly actually, if you speak with them properly, their customs are pretty flexible with children too.

The kids are fine with Shenzhen. But alike all countries, hold on to your kids tightly. China is not a country where you want to lost your kids. Guard your belongings as pickpockets are plenty, but that would be the same said of most countries isn't it?

If you talk abt visiting places, I would think HK has more to see, like Lautau Island, Ocean Park, Disneyland, The Peak, Avenue of Stars etc.

Shenzhen is more for shopping and eating to our hearts' content and massages.
happy.gif

But as much as I like Shenzhen, I would say it will not be for the weak hearted or non-adventurous type. A lot of bargaining, squeezing, walking etc.

My kids are 5 years and another is 10 months.

PM me should you wish to know more.

Hi Amy,
Shenzhen 1 year ago is already so different from now, not to mention 10 years.
happy.gif
I been there 3x and each time, they impress me with their growth.

Of all the toilets I went to, only one have half door. The rest were full doors. But of course, their level of cleanliness is not to be mentioned.

The people still spit, but the areas we went were cleaner, brighter than one year ago. China is really growing VERY fast.

Hi Linda,
ya agree HK ppl are rude. My hubby dislike that and told me he won't want to go HK liao. He prefer Shenzhen instead. Wow, pei fu you for bring such young kids and go around there. I'm skeptical about that leh.. ha.. Shenzhen their Metro trains brings you to many of their places of interests. Quite convenient I would say. They have Happy Valley (which is opp Windows of Wonders) and 1 station ahead is the Cultural Villages. Very nice.

Hi Natellehcim
haha!!! *hi 5* My hubby also dislike HK the first time he went. From then on, it was SZ all the time.

We knew abt Happy Valley. But didn't managed to visit this round, as the #2 is still small and I dunno how much rides is there for him. On that "free day", hb went to HK for exhibition, so left us alone in SZ mah. Next trip will go visit.

Did your hubby try Le Yuan road for the seafood? YUMMY and CHEAP. We had lobster sashimi and "elephant trunk" clam sashimi.
happy.gif
Never had that in my entire life before leh. kekee...

If you like, can go to those recreational clubs with full massage facilities. You can bring the kids in. I got the 2 kids in FOC, #1 wore their club's bathrobe, so cute. This is 2nd time we went, she tried the sauna, the bubble pool etc. FOC PC games for the kids. Got billard, KTV etc. Take turns to mind the kids then the other can go massage. They have food to order in there too. Only thing is they do not have non smoking floors. Just sit far away from smoking pax.

Actually young babies are good to bring around. At least they dun complain and say they want to go back hotel. My eldest girl always like to go back to the hotel to just bounce all over the bed. :p

hi Linda,
for me, i like both HK and Shenzhen. For Shenzhen was just a 1-day trip hence did not managed to go many places. Took the MTR fm HK to WOW and can't even finish that place because we have to meet a friend around 7pm that day for a dinner. We went to a restaurant but not sure what's the name... Will definitely make another trip there again one day. This time round will stay for more days instead... Will get more info from you then.
happy.gif

Hi,

me just back from HK... weather can be quite warm in the day. out of the 5 days there, rained for 3 late afternoons...lucky brought disposable ponche along..

I saw that crocs is opening an outlet at the citygate outlet mall soon... they have a pushcart there at the moment and the kid mary jane is only selling @ HK88... but limited sizes and designs.. hope mummies going there in end april/may will be able to update whether there is any good buy @ the crocs outlet store..

Went to kate spade outlet as well and was a disappointment... not like those outlets store in US (posted by those BP organiser)..very few designs..

Hi mummies,
can i check on a few questions?

1. any of you went on a one day trip to macau before? if so, what was your itinerary like? what is there to do there? i have a 2 yo with us

2. disneyland - did you all stay the whole day there? what did you do when your child naps in the afternoon? Is it advisable to go to tung chung during that period? would it be too rushed?

thanks much!

hi toothy fairy,

i'll answer question 2
happy.gif
cos we stayed at disney hollywood hotel, we had 2 days at disneyland. 1st day we went back in the afternoon for kids nap then returned in evening for fire wks and after firewks cos of huge crowd, took mtr to tung chung to walk ard to recee and avoid crowd.

2nd day we stayed whole time and left disneyland ard 5pm then went to tung chung for dinner and shopping. my 2yr old fell asleep on our shoulder during her nap time...if u have a pram your child could sleep in it or u could rent one from disney land...

hope this helps
happy.gif
btw, most rides are suitable for your 2yr old...
happy.gif

thks p_p02 for your answers. certainly useful!
actually initially was hesitant to bring my 2 yo there coz thought the rides are for bigger kids, i.e. the winnie the pooh, dumbo ride etc. and for cartoon characters he only knows mickey and winnie the pooh, tigger, piglet.
guess you assured me
happy.gif

hi,

juz backie from hk. due to our huge group, i managed to secure 3 extra tix entry to ocean park. conditions are usage for either adult or child any day, from june 1st to june 31st. would like to let go @ 50% OF ocean park's entrance fee of ~42 sgd. Interested parties pls PM me asap.

Back