Hong Kong Disneyland

also.. is it worth to make booking with jetstar and the hotels thro site like zuji?

or i shld just book w the tour agency for F&E?

can share w me why u do the booking yourself or why u use the agencey?

thanks.

Pkum,
Citygate outlet is nearer Disneyland. U can take mtr to tung Chung station http://www.citygateoutlets.com.hk/about/transportation/Pages/cgo_about_details_2.aspx?lang=EN

I usu book F&E package which includes Entrace tix to destinations I plan to go, eg. Disneyland & Ocean Park. Comes with transport so no hassle as I'm travelling with 2 kids. U can check out SQ or Cathay packages. Sometimes got good offer.

I've also travelled with jetstar & booked hotel online when traveling without kids. Mb cheaper but need to arrange own transport, take cab or mtr.

Staying at mongkok has its advantage bcos can go back hotel rest anytime. I like hkg night streets. Very vibrant with over-hanging neon light signages over their roads. I grew up watching TVB drama, hahaha...We like to roam the streets late at night, buy supper (my son loves smelly toufu) & people watch.

IMO, Disneyland is just another tourist attraction which u can visit elsewhere in Tokyo, Europe, Florida. But the pulse in hkg is in its city life. Hong Kong island side also very vibrant but didn't get to shop this recent trip. U can see the traditional & modern stuff coexisting as compared to sterile Singapore. Well...

Hi thks Wan!

We dun mind the traveling because we take public transport on most sats. I'm worried that half she wants to slp! Like today we went Chinatown then ard 3pm she was so tired I had to carry her.

Disneyland is more for her as we r trying for num 2 n may not get to travel again so soon. But our next one shld b tokyo disney sea again. Coz there's a under water world kinda thingy. She loves mermaid most.

Do u bring stroller? Is it convenient to bring one?

Thanks.

In that case u can try to book online & entrance tickets separately. Hoping to go Tokyo but plan on hold due to radiation, hb say play safe with kids. So another 2 yrs bah.

When my girl was 2yo, I survived using sarong sling bcos hkg terrain diff to use stroller. U can rent stroller at Disneyland. She also needed to take nap so missed many rides & shows. This trip we covered all thise we miss & new toy story.

The difficult part will be transfer from hotel to hotel with luggage & kids. Ask the conceige to book a taxi for u & pray for smooth traffic. Taking mtr around shopping area during off peak should be managable. Can buy an octopus card if u take mtr everyday.

Yes we put on hold due to the radiation too.

Thanks for the advice n suggestion! I can't wait to bring my little girl to hk! ;)

@Momresource (momresource)

This kidnapping @ disney hk is true. My friend (a singaporean) actually knows the parent & kids that got kidnapped.

The father was waiting outside the toilets with his 4yrs old daughter for his 10yrs old son to go to bathroom. After a long wait he decided to go inside to find his son leaving his daughter on the bench alone. And when he came out the daughter also went missing.

And now the mother is on pills cos she can't handle the fact that both children were kidnapped.

I find it amazing how I've never heard of this on hk news. The government must be really good at concealing things that will endanger their investments.

It doesn't only happen in Disneyland. Just be careful & don't lose sight of ur kids, even going to the toilets

Don't spoil ur trip bcos of this. Just take precaution. Saw some alerts from hkg fb friends. Some schs & shopping malls

yah very scary. my MIL keep chanting for us to be careful. hiaz... we r going in april...

we might b going to ocean park too... any other nice plc for kids to go there..

Dear Mummies
Any hotel to recommend? I'm bringing my kids to Hongkong on End May, still looking out for hotel.
TIA

kidnapping @ disney hk.

It's my Mil friend's friend. His son, 7 years old got kidnapped while watching the fireworks in just a split second.

Really very sad.

about the kidnapping cases...how come it wasnt reported in our papers at all?

i oso heard fr my ex-colleague that she knew of a couple whose 2 gers were kidnapped over there. till now i still dun believe it, maybe its coz its never being reported in our papers...

Agree... Does anybody on this forum actually know directly the parents of the kidnapped children? It seems always to be a friend's friend or a friend's colleague or a relative's friend, dat's why a lot of people think the Disney kidnappings of S'porean children are an urban legend.

But, better safe than sorry. Momsresource's experience is a useful reminder to parents.

actually it seems that it is quite safe in HK. we saw policemen walking around doing patrol and the disney security is also quite safe.. but its super crowded. u need to hold on to your child at all times. my friend lent us his 'leash' but we never use on our child.

btw, we stayed at metropark mongkok near to prince edward. our friends stayed in central.. there r lots of gd food there. why we not staying at central because we went to lantau island n some other plcs not in central.

I also intend to bring my son to Disneyland...
And its just the two of us...
Not sure to bring him or not...Or just purely staying in the city area.

Hi mummies,

Just want to check, will you stay at Disneyland hotel Hong Kong if you travel with a 1 year old toddler. I am still considering should we stay there for a night. Thanks!

u can stay in disney hotel for the convenience sake... its quite tiring if u hav to tk mtr or cab after the theme park visit... though exp, its more comfy and convenient... that's what i feel.

my girl is 3.5yr old, she can appreciates the characters and most of the show. except for those that need certain height... but she slpt a few times while queuing. its quite tiring for us but she really enjoys it...

hi mummies!!
we are planning to go HK this coming sept...
after reading all the kidnapped cases.. i so scare... is it true?

twinsmummy, regarding the marco polo hotel? is it really nice? i'm considering it with metropark hotel and sunnyday hotel..
couldn't decide...

can mummies advise me on the hotel?

hi

Anyone has been to HK during Nov period?

AM planning a trip to HK disneyland in end Nov. Was wondering how I should dress the kids?

My DD wants to wear her princess costume to Disneyland but I am afraid it will be too cold.

BTW, is Nov considered a peak period for Disneyland? Hope the queues won't be too long!

Hi Mommies,

I have winter jkt to let go at 1/2 price. Just used once in HK this Mar'12. pls pm me.

7520629.jpg

Anyone knows how much is the fast pass for disneyland HKG? Cant find this information in their website.

For hotel, is it cheaper to book direct or through travel agents?

Its really very expensive !!! I remember i went there few years ago and i only paid like close to S$300 for one night now its over S$400 !!

Back