Hong Kong Disneyland

encounter85

Hi,

I am intending to bring my children to Hong Kong Disneyland this holidays and is wondering if any of you have done it before. Where do you stay and is it better to get a package tour or can we do it ourselves ?

Hi
I brought my boy to disneyland one year back. Stayed in stanford hotel at Mongkok. Our trip was free n easy. Most places, including Disneyland, are easily accessible by MTR.

hi
I am also going to HK end May, will be bring my boy along. I am on a F&E, will be there for 5D4N. Will be staying at Langham Place Hotel. My F&E comes with 1/2 day city tour and 1 day shenzhen with lunch tour, but had decided to forego them as I had been to HK 2yrs back and there's nothing much on the 1/2 day city tour, mostly bring you go buy things which I am not interested in (jewellery, jade etc) and some sightseeing which I find boring. As for shenzhen, been there last trip and find not worth going again. I will be getting octopus pass for moving within HK to the various place I intent to go via MTR.

hi encounter85

i brought my kids there 2 months ago. stayed at hollywood disney hotel for 2 nights and 2 nights at kowloon.

F&E and feel its a good move as the kids spent 2.5 days at disney and they love it. they even took their nap at the park
happy.gif

have a gd trip.

hi constance, can share the review on stanford hotel cos i have booked my stay there. am veri worried that the room is small..
TIA

Hi Mavis,

Heard lots of ppl commenting this Disneyland is very small and can complete in half a day. Is it true? Care to share your experience at Disneyland and does your kids enjoy it? How about the Disney hotel? Is it a good experience to stay there? Or we can just spend 1 day at Disneyland and travel back to Kowloon hotel after the tour? Thanks.

hi joyful

yes its very small, we didnt even have to open up the map and we could finish all the rides.

our aim is for the kids to enjoy Disneyland thus staying at the disney hotel was a wise choice. we didnt have to rush and the kids had repeated rides as many as they wanted..plus nightly fireworks at 7pm
happy.gif

Hi dor11
sorie, just saw ur qn. Dunno whether you have already came back from HK...
If you have, then you have known that Stanford's rooms are very small. Just enuff space for a double bed and a side table. But okie for us, cos we were out the whole day and went back only to sleep at nite.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

FYI, I've been to Paris, Tokyo & HK disney. For comparison, Paris & Tokyo disney is about the same size but their show is in French & Tokyo in Japanese, don't understand but for ride only can lah... As for HK disney show is in cantonese, it's really quite small but if your kids is 2 to 4 years old still can make it cause plus naptime just nice... Personally I prefer Tokyo disney better as their parade are so much better than HK. As for accommdation I stay at Hilton which is one of the official disney hotel & the price is almost the same as HK hollywood hotel.

bt anyone can reccomend shopping areas in Hong kong? night market type...where can get bargains...shopping centre items prices are almost the same everywhere right?

So happy to find this thread becos I am planning to go HK in Oct.

Eong, how's hilton hotel? I havent booked my accomodation yet and I hope to get some feedback from pple who have been to HK before I make my decision. Issit easy to get to Disneyland?

lydia, r u a fan of CRocs or Birkenstock? I heard the prices are really cheap. Also, there's this bookshop that sells only children and parenting books. I will get the name and add from my fren then I will post it here if u are interested.

Hi Missk,

Please post the add and name when you get from your fren as planning to go HK this sept. Will be great if I can drop by that place to take a look.

Anyone has any comments on the 2 hotesl for HK disney? Which is better? What abt HK hotels? Where should I stay?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

tzac, my fren was telling me that Hollywood is cheaper.

I might want to get a serviced apt actually. But I am not sure which is a good one. So far, I have shortlisted a few: Salisbury, Kowloon Hotel, Royal Plaza. I havent made any decision yet. How about you?

A few mothers emailed me regarding travelling in HK. If u are interested, just pm me yah?

Hi all, hoping to make a trip to HK towards end of the year, and thinking of staying in disneyland. Am bringing kids ranging from 2 years to 16!

Which hotels better? Comfort and cost wise? HOw many days would you recommend?

What are some of the popular or must-see attractions there?

Thanks!

hey cowandchick..havent seen u for a long time.

I am going there in Oct for abt 6 days. So far, I havent booked the accomodation yet. Have you done any research?

Hi missk

No lah, not done anything yet. That's why have to ask the mummies here for advice.

So where you staying this time? Come back and let us know about your trip, ok?

Hi all,
I came across a service apartment in HK from another forum called Ashley Apartments at Tsim Sha Tsui.

Anyway, just came back from HK last Thurs. We stayed at Prudential Hotel on top of Jordan MTR. Our triple sharing room is quite big. Enough space to place and open up 3 suit cases. From there, we took the MTR north to Lai King and changed trains to go to DisneyLand
happy.gif

missk,

Sorry for the late reply. Hilton Tokyo Bay is quite good, the rooms are very spacious. I would say about the size of 4 super single size bed. I stay 2 night & book direct at Hilton website that come with daily breakfast + 1 dinner. (For breakfast, they actual give u coupon that u can either select to use it for breakfast or lunch). Price is ~$220 per night for my package.

For HK disney I stay at Hollywood which is around the same price as Hilton Tokyo Bay but I think the service level is lousy. The queue for breakfast was extremely long given that it's actually low season when I was there. Can't imgaine what would happen if it's a peak season. I was actually bitten by bed bugs which I have read about it from tripadvisor, some of the guest has the same experience but the staff just turn a deaf ear when I complain about it... sigh

U say that u'r going during Oct, pls note there is a golden week in China during Oct, AVOID that period or else u'll be there queueing with the China tourist....

If u plan to eat at HK disney, e.g. lunch pls made reservation. Cafe, resturant as simple packed even at 3pm!!! U can't even get a seat...

So if your budget allow & flight time (7hrs vs 3 1/2hrs), Tokyo will be a much better choice.

Hope this helps

Hi ladies,

Just came back fr HK last tuesday. I stayed at Kimberly hotel at TST area...not bad but as usual rm abit small. Initially I wanted to stay at YMCA Salisbury but it weas fully bked! As for Disneyland...it's v crowded!! i went on monday and it's still v crowded!! Q for the rides are v long.
I personally like Stanley Mkt alot! v nice place n alot of kid's clothes to buy!

tzac, I havent had time to open my mailbox. Will do so shortly. Do wait patiently yah ...sorry yah

Eong, thanks for sharing. Your info is absolutely useful. Unfortunately, I have already booked the tickets to HK. I really hope everything will go smoothly there. So many people complainted abt HK disneyland. Hopefully, the management would do something about it. Bedbugs....I absolutely dread that!! That happend to me once..i think in HK or China...terrible yah? What are they doing man ...

cocoa, I am intending to stay in Salibsbury too. My gf who goes there often told me is a really nice place to stay. Actually I was considering Acesite Hotel. Anyone know anything abt that hotel?

tzac ..mamaged to find the email:

The room is pretty small, but it comes with 2 queen bed for the one I
book,
cos we indicated 2 adult , 2 kids, so not sure if there is another
configuration (my dh book the room thru net).

As for your question, I guess it is personal preference.

For Hollywood hotel, if you have more time to spare, you can check out
kids
activities held in a room (cant remember its name, maybe it is Malibu).
It
is a kind of playroom where there are lots of wooden toys set (kitchen,
fridge, oven etc with toy foods and toy pots and pans of cos), story
books
etc where the hotel guest can utilize. This room (they call it toy shop
I
think, which made me confused at first) provides free activities like
making
of fan, kaleidoscope etc when I m there. Too bad I did not hv the time
to
join the activities. You shd go for it if you hv time to spare.

hi missk,
Acesite looks quite a distance from the MTR. Unless you will be using the MTR quite often then I think Salisbury would be a better choice as there is a subway exit nearby to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR. HTHs
happy.gif

http://www.acesitehotel.com/acesite_map.pdf

Lastly, we were at Disneyland last Tuesday. Had read in another forum that it's really crowded on Monday. So we decided to go on Tuesday. It wasn't really crowded. Just needed to wait about 5 to max 10 mins to take the rides. I remembered waiting for at least 30mins for some rides at California's Disneyland some years back.

hello wenn

Did u enjoy yourself in Disneyland? Issit as bad as what so many pple make it out to be? How old is your child? Mine will be abt 16 mths when we go to HK.

Hi missk,

thanks for the info...i am still thinking which hotel to stay in HK. after reading abt bed bugs in Disnet Hollywood above, am wondering whether it is a good idea to stay there liao :) Thought that it will be good to stay in the park ss likely my dd will like it and can play till late late...

juz checked with tour agent n seem like special fare for tix are sold out for my selected departure dates :-(

Hi Wenn,

Will like to know how's your visit to disneyland? Fun and enjoyable?

thanks

Hi missk & tzac,
It was fun & enjoyable for my 2 year old girl
happy.gif
She kept insisting on going back to queue for the rides.. kekeke... We did enjoy taking the rides with her & going thru all that merchandise in the shops.

For the rest of us adults, the weather was very very hot! ha ha... It's a stark contrast as the previous days & that tues morning were raining. And suddenly at Disney, it's hot hot hot! We din stay for the fireworks as my inlaws were quite exhausted by the heat. In fact, they also queued with us for the rides. kekeke...

We booked a triple share room at Prudential for me, hub, daughter & my mum. Din stay at Disney Hotels. Chose this hotel as it is on top of Jordan MTR station. Took the train to Lai King and changed to the Tung Chung line to get to Ngong Pin & Sunny Bay station where you change trains to Disneyland.

Here is the link to our trip to disney land.
http://elodieyeung.blogspot.com/2007/08/2nd-hk-trip-day-3-po-lam-disney.html

We watched the 3pm parade down Main Street called Mickey's Summer Blast and they will spray water at us :p The video is in hub's video cam so I haven't posted any videos of the parade yet. The parade was fun & I quite enjoy it as my previous Disneyland experience was 10 years ago
happy.gif

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/events/summerLanding?name=SummerLandingPage

So far, we only encountered 2 instances of queue-cutting in Disney. 1st was by a couple of HK teenagers. The 2nd was by this middle-age China couple.

hi wenn,

from your photos, me wanna go disney leh :) Like the photo of your dd with Minnie..she looks so adorable....Hope my dd will love disney and willing to take pictures w the character but guess she may be scared of them...

Have finally made up my mind on the hotel that I will be staying - Kimberly Hotel. Price is reasonable..

Looking forward to the trip tis Sep.

hi tzac,
sorry for the late reply :p
I'm sure ur dd will like Disney. My aunt just went last week & she complained that it's HOT!

Ooo, we oso stayed at Kimberly Hotel last year. Rooms are quite small though. Sep is a good time to go. Oct will be crowded with mainland visitors as it's their Golden Week hols.

wenn, coincidentally, I also booked a rom at Prudential Hotel. How issit? I am a little worried cos my mother will be coming with us and we will all be staying in one room. Is it convenient to move around? I will be staying there for 4 nights and another two nights in Disneyland Hotel. I just realised that I am going durin the Golden Week...argh! But I dun have much of a choice ...it's also the big hols here...

hey tzac..how have u been?

hi missk
happy.gif

hee hee, my mum oso shared the same room with us. she took 1 bed, then me, hubby & daughter took the other 2 single beds which the hotel placed together side-by-side. The room is big. I can still leave the stroller opened next to the TV console.

943329.jpg

After shifting the sofa, we can still put the luggage on the floor. The space in the room is enough for our 2 small size luggage & 2 mid size luggage & shopping bags! kekeke
943330.jpg

hi missk,

hv yet to book the disney hotel yet....will b staying at the disney hollywood as price is cheaper....

looking forward to the trip but dunno wat to expect as this is the 1st time tat I am bring my dd overseas for a holiday.

Any advice on where to go to shop and eat?

Oh yeah, with the new regulations on what to bring on board the plane, anyone know whether we can bring water up on board the plane? M taking cathay....

hello gers...wow..u gers really make my trip more exciting by sharing so much info ..hehe. .thanks man

Hey wenn, thanks man ...your pictures really comfort me....now i feel more at ease.

ish, I cant remember the place. Let me go ask her again and I'll post it here. OIh yah, she also suggested I go visit this parenting bookshop at Mid-level.

tzac, I tried booking Disney Hollywood, but guess what...it's fully booked. I was rather upset and decided to book the other one instead. Not much choice right? Now, they have this promotion which allows u to have 2 days of fun when u buy a one-day ticket.

Another gf who frequents HK is going to write me a list of places to eat and drink. When I get the info, I will also post it here.

The last time I took the plane, I had no problem with my son's food and drinks. But they had a major problem with my Frappacino.

Hopefully, more people can contribute in this thread....
happy.gif

u girls making me dying for a trip to go hk disney. but i fear so much that it will be cold in Feb
sad.gif

i will plan the trip well so that we will have good time with our girl. guess daddy is really tired from his work and really wan a good deserving break.

missk!!!!! yes yes.. very much wanted too. hb says, a short deserving break for the family after shifting to my in laws plc After cny 15th lunar. :p

any pointers to share? from airport to hotels? i would love to bring my monster to disney land, she already know minnie n mickey .
happy.gif

hb has tot abt staying there for 5 days, 2 days in disney n to city area for some jalan jalan.. so city area hotel will be a problem. nt sure which is good for children.

hey tzac,
the officials at changi airport wanted us to drink the water that we brought for my girl. we filled the water in her barney water bottle. he also inspected the 2 packets of UHT strawberry milk in her diaper bag and cross-checked her passport with her name printed on the medicine bottles. they are so stringent. we din faced any of the above at HKIA.

Some info for those going HK
happy.gif

http://elodieyeung.blogspot.com/2007/08/extra-info-for-those-going-to-hk.html

hi missk,
dun mention it
happy.gif

wenn, thats why i afraid. i was telling hb, faster go for a break when my girl still on Bf-ing, at least i can bring the least to travel except for the pampers

Hi Carole,
Went the kids are older, still can bring milk powder
happy.gif

I noticed that our Changi Airport keep updating the new guidelines. Now they mentioned that baby food, meds etc will be subjected to extra checks at the security screening points. When I checked in Jul/Aug, they din mention about extra checks. However, do note that they always mentioned that you bring ENOUGH JUST FOR THE FLIGHT.

V. Exemptions for Medications, Baby Food and Special Dietary Items
<font color="0000ff">Q1.Are there any exemptions to the new restrictions on carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels in hand-carried luggage?</font>

Exemptions will be made for medications, baby food and special dietary items in liquids, aerosols and gels form. These items will be subjected to additional checks at the security screening point.

<font color="0000ff">Q2.What are the exemptions for medications in liquids, aerosols and gels form?</font>

Medications in liquids, aerosols and gels form, such as insulin, cough syrups and nasal sprays, will be exempted from the new restrictions. Such items should be taken in quantities that are sufficient for the flight.

A doctors letter or prescription, while not mandated, would be helpful in facilitating the security screening process.

If the medications are in containers with a maximum capacity of not more than 100ml, passengers are encouraged to place the containers in the 1-litre transparent re-sealable plastic bag. If this is not possible or if the medications are in containers larger than 100ml, the medications will be subjected to further checks at the security screening point. Passengers may also be asked to taste their medications.

<font color="0000ff">Q3.What are the exemptions for baby food in liquids, aerosols and gels form?</font>

Baby foods in liquids, aerosols and gels form, such as milk, juice and porridge, will be exempted from the restrictions, if there is a baby travelling with the adult passenger. Such items should be taken in quantities that are sufficient for the flight.

If the baby food is in containers with a maximum capacity of not more than 100ml, passengers are encouraged to place these containers in the 1-litre transparent re-sealable plastic bag. If this is not possible or if the baby food is in containers larger than 100ml, the baby food will be subjected to further checks at the security screening point. The baby must also be present at the security screening point. Passengers may also be asked to taste the baby food.

<font color="0000ff">Q4.Is there a restriction on the amount of baby milk powder that can be carried in hand-carried luggage?</font>

No. Milk powder is not considered a liquids, aerosols and gels item.

<font color="0000ff">Q5. Can I carry hot water in a flask to prepare baby food?</font>

Yes. Hot water will be allowed for carriage in a flask if there is a baby travelling with the adult passenger, even though hot water should be available from the airline onboard the flight. The hot water should be taken in quantities that are sufficient for the flight. It will also be subjected to further checks at the security screening point.

<font color="0000ff">Q6.What are the exemptions for special dietary items in liquids, aerosols and gels form?</font>

Exemptions will be made for special dietary items in liquids, aerosols and gels form for passengers with special dietary requirements. Such special dietary items are food without which the passengers health is threatened. They should be taken in quantities that are sufficient for the flight.

A doctors letter or prescription, while not mandated, would be helpful in facilitating the security screening process.

If the dietary items are in containers with a maximum capacity of not more than 100ml each, passengers are encouraged to place the containers in the 1-litre transparent re-sealable plastic bag. If this is not possible or if the special dietary items are in containers larger than 100ml, the items will be subjected to further checks at the security screening point. Passengers may also be asked to taste the special dietary items, if necessary.

carole
i went to HK in April when my gal was about 14 mth old. stayed at Majestic hotel which is near Jordan. it's good. and they provided bb cot FOC.
happy.gif

i brought hot water in the flask, EBM, water bottle, food jar all on board when we came back to s'pore. at 1st the HK officer didn't let me go through. then i told them it's to prepare bb's food. if i didn't bring all these, what if bb get thirsty or hungry, then they let me go. all of these were more than 100ml. :p

for departing s'pore, not sure how strict s'pore officer is. 'cos at that time, s'pore didn't have such rules yet.

same as you, i went for the holiday when i was still bf my gal, so that can bring less stuff. hehe....

Dear All,

Just came back from HK on a short trip in Aug, the stay there was pretty ok... same as sunny, I stayed in Majestic Hotel... the room was abit small but still for it is still ok for a family of three. I would advise those who are bringing along young kids (toddlers or babies) to bring alot sarong sling cause HK wasn't very pram-friendly... There are alot of stairs and during evening time (abt 6pm) alot of ppl will be taking the MTR and will be very packed & I have a hard time squeezing my pram out during at that time...End up, hubby have to carry my boi most of the time...

At the airport, was pretty ok as I did not pack any water for my kid (on my handcarry) cause I believe I can always asked for hot & cold water while on the flight. All the liquids or medicines, I packed it inside my luggage with airtight (lock n lock) containers. Except for milk powder which i hand carry and the customs did not subject me to additional checks

At Disneyland, it is quite funny except for the long queues at the rides (Aug happened to be the summer holidays for china and hk children). I just spent half a day there cause my boi wasn't very interested in rides (probably too young, he is only 2 yrs old) but we did manage to catch the water parade

carole: haha..u still have some time to plan where to stay and shop! ACtually I wanted to book the suite at YMCA Salisbury because my fren told me it's a great location for a cheap price. Unfortunately, it's fully booked.

I am scheduled to go only in Oct. Will post more info abt the place here. Like you, we are going to stay in the city for 4 nights and 2 nights in Disneyland. The customer svc at Disneyland seems to be very helpful. Tickets for the park have already been reserved for us.

missk: thats nice... after u go, iwill collect more info from you and hope i can grab travelling directions too. frankly my last time i went hk was in Jan 04, now i think i will be lost.. esp with a toddles in tow

hi,
Just a note, my close fren's mum's good fren's 5 year old grandson got lost in Disneyland beginning of this year, till now, cannot find. Dunno is kidnapped or what...
sad.gif
So mummies, pls take care of your kids and keep them within sight at ALL times.

carole: I havent been there since 2001. A little scared actaully.

Linda, wah..that's really scary!!! In jkt, there's always such cases. So we are also very terrified. It's scary isnt it?

mine only 2 yrs old.. so ok, she usually stick to me like a Kola bear so no worries. maybe when she is bigger and more mobile she would be lost.

Some time back I read a mum's blog that her fren lost 2 of her 3 daughters at HK disney land. She went to the loo with the youngest. Told the other 2 to stay outside. But after she returned, both were missing. Till now still no news.
sad.gif
Have to be careful there. HK Disney have direct coach buses to Shen Zhen.

That's why when we were there, we always make sure that we are holding my 2yo girl's hand or strapped in the stroller as she refused the wrist leash/strap.

Back