Hong Kong Disneyland

Hi starfruit

We'll be there from dec 16 till christmas. Thx for the tip for airport express
happy.gif

Any advise for cold weather dressing (toddlers)? Will long sleeves, long pants and cotton jacket suffice?
Anyone one knows where to get long stockings for boys? Ive only seen for girls in eg Pumpkin patch /Fox
s disneyland colder than HK island/kowloon?

Sweetbaby/Starfuit,

There's no 7-Eleven there in Disneyland. However, they do have bakery shop / chinese food as in chicken rice, roast pork rice, mee etc(fantasyland) there. you may like to check out this link: http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/hkdl/dining/index.html

Also if you are staying in Hollywood hotel, there's a eatery beside the Malibu Toy shop, which sells some snacks.

Hope the above info helps
happy.gif

hi worrymum,

tks for info
happy.gif

anyone can help regarding advice for dressing kids? i've same concern as sweetbaby
happy.gif

TIA

hmm, as for dressing kids, is rather hard to justify nowadays.. cos the weather is unpredictable.. so I would suggest u gals to dress the young one with 3 layer.. from normal thin, then thicker, and thickest + windbreaker.. When I went on 12 Nov, the forecast is 18 to 22 degree. However, it turns out to be 27 degree and under the hot sun. Hence, we got to change my ds on the spot! left only 1 piece
sad.gif
. But do note that at night it will be cooler. Do remember to bring an umbrella...

Hi forumers,

Just back from HK DIsneyland, thought of sharing some tips here...

- some people complain its small- yes, true when compared to other disneylands, but it makes it really compact and easy to navigate, so you can explore more of the park in one day
- choose a weekday if possible, we were there on Wed on Thurs, not too crowded, wait about 5-10 min per ride, very nice!
- can take the train ride as the first stop, then you can see the entire park, and decide what you want to play first...
- for those staying at the disney hotels, there is an ongoing promotion- buy one day, get the next free, so you can go twice to disneyland- very worth it
- food- not very ex there- tempura ramen, pizza, steak and fries, chinese food about S$10 per item, so quite affordable
- for those who do not want to eat there, just take the MTR (train) two stops to Tung Chung Mall- factory outlet- lots of food choices there like food republic; McD; chinese or vietnamese restuarant
- Tung Chung Factory Outlet= shops quite nice like Nike outlet (I bought 2 dry fit Tees for about S$22 each) and Le Saunda shoes- huge variety; other shops like Kate Spade (about S'pore prices); Polo RL (quite ex); Esprit (like the outlet in IMM, good prices); Puma/ Adidas outlets- shops open around 10am, and close at 9:30pm- on day 2, I bought my kids there for McD breakfast before proceeding to Disneyland...

Weather- progressively cooling down, but when I was there this week- super hot- can wear t-shirt...do not overdress the kids, or they can heat up and sweat...

That's all I can think of...will post more later...

Fairyprincess

thx you for sharing.
For the rides in desneyland, do we have to pay extra or inclusive in entrance fees?
Is Tung Chung Factory Outlet same as Citygate?

sweet baby: wow, so coindidental, i will be in HK from 18 to xmas as well.
happy.gif
what airline are u taking?
My gf will be there from 17 to 23rd and she is staying at BPI
happy.gif

try mothercare for the stocking,. just get a plain colour one w/o design if u can't more boy looking ones.
Wow, 10 days in HK, thats a long time. what are u planning to do there?

sweetbaby and Pp02 - layer layer and layer. start with sleevless tank, then a long sleeves and then a tshirt, should be fine with at least 3 layers. if they are hot, u can take off one. much better this way. get a wind proof and rain proof jacket though. dec should be colder

Worry mum: thanks for the tip on umbrella.. yeah i almost forgot.. hehe

fairyprincess: i have a question on disneyland. can we re-enter again (within the same day) after we exit from the park? i am thinking of going to Citygate for lunch then back to disney again later in the afternoon. any idea?

tks so much for the sharings mummies
happy.gif
certainly makes planning to go easier
happy.gif

fairyprincess - what time does mac at tung chung open? cos i know disney opens at 10am right? so u caught b/fast at mac then went to park? is the train ride very long? did u get those per ride ticket or the stored value ones? TIA
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Disneyland:
- one day ticket means you can enter and leave as many times as you like in the same day- just produce your ticket when you want to re-enter
- do not bring any fastfood into disneyland, as the guards search all bags thoroughly- they want you to purchase food in disneyland
- best to bring stroller for young kids, in case they get tired and whinny...can rent strollers inthe park too, but not sure how much it costs
- all rides are part of the park ticket prices, no need to pay extra
- disney shops- huge variety of goods, cannot be found in other places, but very ex, even though people are buying like no tomorrow- kids Tees around S$30 each; magnets about S$10; cups around S$10; wallets about S$18; bags around S$50...

Tung Chung
- yes, same as Citygate outlets
- McD- not sure what time it opens for breakfast- but since they serve bkfst, should be quite early
- MTR- 2 stops: from Disneyland stop to Sunny Bay to Tung Chung- takes about 15 min, as the stops are quite far apart
- I bought the store value tickets- like Ezylink in S'pore- its called Octopus card for all of us including kids, so its easier without having to buy individual ride tickets

Hope this helps!

Disney stroller rental is HKD$50 if i am not wrong.

Hey mummies, if u plan to go back and forth to tung chung,i think can consoider buying the the daily tourist train ticket at HKD50 for unlimited MTR ride along the disney line.
And i was also told there is no expiry date for the octopus card, infact, i am still using my octopus card purchased when i was in HK in 1999.

Just to add.. for those whom intend to re-enter to Disneyland on the same day. Please REMEMBER to get a hand step before you exit, so that you are allowed to re-enter to it.
happy.gif

sweet baby & starfruit:
wow, so coincidental, i will be in HK from 19 to xmas oso. :)
what airline are your taking?
Me staying at Cityview :)
still thinking what to do there.
can let me hv a view of your iternitary?

sweetbaby: try a shop in Raffles city. Not sure of the name though but there is a shop jus left of the escalator got sell girls n boys legging.
Gap oso hv but pretty expensive.

sweet baby & starfruit,
I am travelling with my gal who is 14mths old too...
food is the most worry part... coz dunno what to give her while in HK..
as my gal dun like to drink milk, food prefer is veri difficult ...

can tell me what food i cn bring for her?

snowy casper
Will check out the shops, thx
happy.gif

No detailed plans, only planning to visit one attraction a day. etc 1 day ocean park , 2 days disneyland. The rest go with the flow.. hehe

Foodwise, I heard that we cant bring in food into disneyland? Not sure....

If its milk for kids and water- can bring in...but if it is food bought from outside like McD; pastries; buns etc- they will get you to consume it outside the park, before entering...

One old lady wanted to bring in some mixed nuts for snacking in the park- she was asked to leave it at the gate, and collect it when she leaves- I thought it was a bit too much, but the guards were pretty strict...

There was lots of snacks to be bought at the park- we had ice-cream; pop corn; candy floss- all very nice...

snowy_casper: i am flying by SQ>
will take it easy.. plan to go disney on friday, and ocean park another day. the rest will be depending on whether and what we want to do. Most of it will be spent shopping for me.. heheh.
U can give her porridge and bake rice if she takes.
ALternatively, u can get the pigeon packet food (from taka) and bring and heat it up for her. its come complete meal but i find each pack very salty and my girl do not like it.

Fairyprincess: wha nuts also cannot bring so serious. i need to bring buns/bread for my daughter. she is so fussy can only eat bread if she dun want proper meal.

Am just back from HK last week. Yes, the guards are pretty strict but i manage to bring in buns for my boys. I used my boy's jacket to wrap the bun and put it in my haversack. On top of the jacket, i'll put in my thermos flask/milk powder etc.. They only do random check.

Hi

Anyone knows the address for adidas factory outlet besides the one in citygate? other factory outlets to recomend? thx

Hi

Anyone knows the address for adidas factory outlet besides the one in citygate? other factory outlets to recomend? thx

sweetbaby:
Someone sent me this.. not sure it the outlets are still located at these addressess

Adidas
District: Kowloon
Address:
B12-13, 1/F., Block B, Hong Kong Industrial Centre, 489-491 Castle Peak Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Phone: 2959 0357
Comments: Opening hours : Mon - Sat 10:30 - 20:00 Sun and Public holiday 11:30 - 18:30

Adidas
Address:
Unit H, 11/F, Phase 2, Yip Fat Industrial Building, 73-75 Hoi Yuen Road
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Phone: 2793 2791

Adidas
Other Brands :Footwear, clothing
Address:
1st Floor, Flat G Kasier Estate
Phase 2 Man Yue Street Hung Hom,Kowloon
Phone:
2364 9122
Comments:
Mon - Sun 10:00am - 6:30pm 5C Bus from Star Ferry. Easier to take a taxi (HK$40 from Star Ferry Kowloon). Footwear, clothing., Factory prices. Staff told me discount is only 30% off normal retail prices and clothing is same as retail!.

Adidas Outlet
Location : Shop G9, Provident Shopping Centre, 21-53 Wharf Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Telephone : 2214 1088
Transportation : Nort

Hi mummies,

Anyone knows how's the weather like in HK currently? I know it's winter but wonder how cold it would be this yr.

hi jeng,

i just came back on thu. the weather was comfortable. my kids were just gg ard in long sleeve t shirt and a jacket. even at night that was fine. sun was really hot in the day. you can check the 7day forecast...temp when we were there was ard 19-23 so don't think need really thick clothing..then again..better check 7day forecast and confirm.
happy.gif

p_p02, thank you. My FIL's friend told him it is going to be a very cold Christmas, maybe below 10 degree this year so was a bit shock. Anyway thanks again, I will check the forecast.

Hi mummies,

Me n my family are juz bck fr HKG. The weather is nice and cozy, not too cold or warm. My boy oso went around in short sleeve t-shirt. Only at night and morning you may find it cold but with a jacket is more than enough.

Actually, for sports wear / foot wear,me find it rather cheap compare to s'pore. Bought elmo new balance shoe from Maritime Square (Tsching Yi) @ sale price around 45 compare to singapore selling @79. A pair of Mr Men addias sneaker( Tsim Shat shui) for kid @ 45 which I have not seen in Singapore Addias. A pair of Timberland toddler shoe at Tung chung citygate @ 50.

Not to forget Toy's r'us in hkg, they have some toys which are not available in s'pore and similar toys in s'pore and over there is cheaper due to conversion rate.

Hope it will help for those visiting HKG !

hi poohie,

i'm not sure abt kowloon but from disneyland station to hk central is about 1hr so maybe you can add another 20-30min?

hope this helps
happy.gif
have a gd trip...

p_p02,
Okay, so means if i reach hongkong at 3pm, check in to hollywood hotel and by the time i reach kowloon will be abt 7pm liao lor?

pigletz,

think by time u get to hollywood from airport and check in would be about 4sth at least? then settle down and move out...maybe 6sth can get there...don't forget peak hr so trains will be crowded too...and time taken for transfers and walking to station must also be factored in
happy.gif

chipchip n natellehcim,
thanks.
happy.gif

p_p02,
hopefully won't be too crowded. I am going there next sunday, 22 Feb.

Now just hoping that the weather is good.
happy.gif

Anything good and cheap to recommend for shopping there?

pigletz,

Hi! U bringing ur boys there? Usu when i go to HK, i'll go to Stanley mkt for cut label clothes. Fa Yuen Street for pyjamas, shoes and wat nots.
happy.gif
HTH...

hi poohie,

since you staying at hollywood, can check out tung chung station - citygate outlet i think. it's just a stop away from disney station. mainly a factory outlet place. esprit there is cheap
happy.gif
also has food republic! the bakery downstairs has bread going cheap after 8pm. useful if u don;t mind bread for b/fast the next morn...

we went there after watching firewks at disney cos too crowded to fight taking the shuttle back to hotel...could consider
happy.gif
but by that time, not many shops open but still can walk ard and survey or sth...

skyblue,
Hi!!! yup, bringing the boys to Disneyland.
happy.gif

Thanks for the tips. How's ur boys?

p_p02,
Read abt citygate from the thread here. Will drop by. Good idea for the bread.
happy.gif

Think we will go citygate for dinner, won't be watching the firewks, cos my boys don't like firewks.
sad.gif

pigletz,
It'll be a pity if u dun watch the fireworks cos it's very beautiful along with the music. If u wan, u can pm me, i'll share smthg with u.

My boys r fine, playing well on some days n fighting on other days. Hehe... How're urs?

Kieran has been asking me to bring him to HK again. Tinking of gg in June with both boys.

skyblue,
We will try to bring them to watch for 1 day, if they like, then go on the 2nd day. But I doubt they will like. Was at Chinatown last weekend and there's firework, Gareth keep asking to go home.

My boys play well and fight hard too. haha. Maybe should let the boys meet up and play.
happy.gif

Look out for good promotion then set a date to go again lor.
happy.gif
We decided to go all becos of the SQ promotion.
happy.gif

dear all,

I need some advise. Sorry that I do not have time to go thru the archives.

I intend to bring my now 26mth girl to HK disneyland.
I am not sure if it will be approriate and can mummies advise what are the rides.. shows that she can go for??

Thanks
happy.gif

Need to check with those mummies whom had just went to HK - ocean park on whether the park has finish renovation cos I went last oct and some part are closed for renovation.

thks

Back