Hong Kong Disneyland

hi adidasmom,

they are just located at the tung chung mtr station mall
happy.gif

have fun...

Hi,

anybody has used hong kong disneyland ticket to spare? we just went this May. my 4yo little girl loves the ticket so much but yesterday she lost the ticket with the Mickey Mouse print on it. she is very very upset. any kind soul who has extra, can spare 1 to me? please~~

Hi,

anybody has used hong kong disneyland ticket to spare? we just went this May. my 4yo little girl loves the ticket so much but yesterday she lost the ticket with the Mickey Mouse print on it. she is very very upset. any kind soul who has extra, can spare 1 to me? please~~

hi i intend to bring my 2yr old and 11 mths bb to disneyland. would they be able to take rides or they can oni go there to take pic? can anyone advise?

Hi mushloom,

i brought my 2yr 5mths child there. was ok. can take the spinning cups, winnie the pooh ride, the flying ride that goes up and down (cant remember the name), buzz lightyr shooting game...think only can't take the roller coaster....even the rides at the jungle/adventure side, no problem
happy.gif

have a gd trip...

hi wan,
my family are going in mid-Nov too! First time going to hk. Noah's Adv. look interesting but not sure whether suitable for kids 4-7yrs old. hope other mummies can help.

Cutebuddies,

r u gg free & easy too? I've been to hkg many times as I have relatives there. They suggested noah's ark. The website say suitable for 3yo & above. I have a 5yo boy & 3yo girl. Just wanna find out if any mummies have been there with kids cos the place look big. Quite tiring to cover the whole place. But I find the treasure house quite interesting. May spend the whole day there

wan,
yes. free & easy n 1st time going to hk! Bringing along 2 kids, 3/6 yrs old. looking forward to try their local food. Have u try curry fish ball??

If u r adventurous with 街边food, u can try 臭豆腐. Of course safer choices will be 鱼蛋 they don't call fishball 鱼圆. I'm not a big fan of fishballs. I plan to eat breakfast at 茶餐厅, dimsum for lunch & 打边炉which is steamboat. Not to be missed dishes are wanton mee & beef noodles. Of course we will be having vegetarian at big Buddha & Disney breakfast on "excursion" days. U may want to check out http://www.foodeasy.com/iphone/

wow so many food to try :p thanks for sharing. hk food name sound so strange n interesting to me! 街边food it is safe for kids 3/6 yrs old? my kids love 鱼蛋 heehee sound like fish eggs. I am looking forward to try the wanton mee n egg tarts
happy.gif
we will also going to big Buddha. We are going on 17-22Nov. When will u be going?

Hope I can bring another stomach along though. But I promise myself not to overeat (again) considering my low metabolic rate now. One of my previous hkg trip, I ate so much until I came back sick & didn't eat for the next day. That was before kids...whether kids can take it ah, I can't answer this question. I will usu ask my kids if they want to try, mb a little of everything. Portugese egg tarts - we r eating at Macau
We r gg on 4nov. Will be back b4 u go. Can update u latest find.

enjoy your holiday! look forward to your update :p 街边food will give it a miss thou just to be safe. heehee

We r back from hkg after 6 tiring days. It rained on 4-5nov when we spent the night at Disneyland. It turned warmer on 7nov. Weather is dry & abt 20-26deg now. Noah's ark is quite educational, with some religious stuff & green message for kids. Quite a fresh kids attraction in hkg

Bring raincoat just in case. Surprisingly my girl didn't enjoy Disneyland as much as her brother. She was traumatized by lifesize Chip & Dale who were supposed to be tiny in the cartoon. She kept telling me not to go where there is Chip & Dale. My boy had a great time taking photos with Mickey over breakfast at Disneyland hotel. He was chasing Mickey all over the restaurant.

Hi Wan,

would like to ask abt Noah's ark
how much time did u spend there? which attractions did u go?

am trying to "squeeze" in this attraction :p

MTDT,

we spent 5hrs there, covering the treasure house, park, watched exhibition & 2 movies. Had our lunch there too. We took the bus from grand century place in mongkong east. 20min ride

hi,
thinking of bringing my family of 4 (hubby, me, 2 kids 3 and 6) to HK mid January, mainly to Disneyland. We may just put up at disney hollywood for the entire trip, 4 nights (about S$200 per night with annual pass, is that cheaper than city hotels?) and visit only Tung Chung and Noah's Ark for a leisurely trip. Any other nice places we can go near Disney? What's the best way to get to Noah's Ark from Disney and how long does it take and how much it costs? are gloves necessary in january? also, dressing kids in long sleeves and cotton jackets sufficient? thanks for all advice.

bbee,

I'm sure ur kids will enjoy their stay at Disney hotels. Our kids r ard the same age. MTR to anywhere is accessible. U can cover citygates shopping & 大屿山 area. I only know noah's ark is at Ma Wan. Took the shuttle from mongkok, so not sure about MTR ride. U can check out their webpg I linked a few threads back

Of course they do. They met their cousins at hkg & had a great time exploring the treasure house & outdoor exhibits. If ur kids know the story of noah's ark, they will appreciate more esp ur 6yo. Of course there is religious background to noah's story but another interpretation is saving the earth & going green. Kids nowadays r exposed to greed efforts since young

Heard that a lot of kids got abducted at HK Disneyland.....there are Singaporeans too

My fren colleague brought her 2 kids there n got missing since....so must be careful cos according to the police there, its a syndicate working there....they are very fast n resourceful

Poor thing...I heard all these stories b4 I went hkg too. I warned my kids not to follow any strangers under any circumstances. Of course, we made sure we stayed together as a family. Esp when visiting the washrooms & queuing for rides. Be vigilant at all times but enjoy hols at the same time.

I know the rooms can sleep up to four adults. Twin bedded room comes with 2 double beds. Not sure if they allow 4 adults + 1 kid. I know that for the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel they used to provide a free rollaway bed for a family of four sharing a room - not sure if they still do. I don't know if Disney Hollywood Hotel provides the same for a family of four sharing a room.

If you want to try and get away with 4A + 1C in a room, then maybe don't register the child when you check in so on paper it looks like 4 adults?

If you want to contact the Hong Kong Disneyland Reservations about the maximum room capcity, here's their email address [email protected]

hI
can anyone advise if i should do Disney land first or go Hong Kong island first?

i plan to leave for HK in sept on a Wed for 4 dyas till sat

so if i were to arrive at HK late morning, its advisable to start Disney land first since my kids are still young i don't think i will spend that much time playing in Disney.

but if i do Disney on last leg of my tour then it would be on fri/sat which may be crowded.

any advise?

Hi mummies,

Thought you mummies should be aware about my experience yesterday...

The cries of this helpless mummy still rung in my head that I decided to google to see (after we return to the hotel) if I find any news update if she is united with her kid...

We just entered the Royal Banquet Hall in Fantasyland for lunch and one of my kids needed to use the washroom. As we approached, there was this young lady (I think from China) wailing loudly and pounding on her male companion (supposedly her husband) by the phone booth, with a few disney personnel by their side. I overheard that her child was missing... I felt so so bad and recalled the near lost kid's news report recently in Asiaone, I held my kid hands so tightly then. This is not mine nor my kids 1st trip to disneyland and I really felt for that mummy...

We went to finish our lunch and since the weather was so hot, we decided to take our time to rest our feet and kids are also contented with the aircon. We took about 2 hours and when we left, the couple are still in the same spot and still no sign of her child... really really very sad.

I am not discouraging anyone here but just don't be carried away and never lose sight of your kid anywhere!

I remember reading an article somewhere. It mentioned that e disneyland personnel stood out n insists that all those claims about missing children are false. I wonder how can such a big thing be covered up if those claims were true. I have been wanting to visit Disneyland hongkong and has this nagging fear of losing my kids. My hb is e careless sort n my kids r really a handful. Don't know if I shd bring them there...

I remember reading an article somewhere. It mentioned that e disneyland personnel stood out n insists that all those claims about missing children are false. I wonder how can such a big thing be covered up if those claims were true. I have been wanting to visit Disneyland hongkong and has this nagging fear of losing my kids. My hb is e careless sort n my kids r really a handful. Don't know if I shd bring them there...

Hi,

is this child kidnap true, me too also have read articles mentioning that all these claims are not true, including HK police.

This is worrying as will be bringing my kid to HK in Nov.

JTS, the kidnapping is true. My mum's friends bought the kids to HK. And they are missing... It is jus a split second thingy... One of the parent actually stayed back to search... but in vain...

This happened last year... and I actually thought it was not real... but as that friend is also a mutual friend of my aunt... it was true...
sad.gif
Till now, the kids are still missing...
sad.gif

Gosh... It's really painful. Think I'll skip disneyland for now. This world is too hungry. To think that there is syndicates working on robbing people's children. Can't imagine what they did to those children... Sad...

Hi Ocean,
How did the kids went missing? I tot it was just only urban legend. Now a bit worry cos we r leaving to HK disneyland for another 1 wk. Will keep all my eyes wide open on my 2 young kids.

Hi Mummies,

I am bringing my daughter to Disney HK next Feb. I was wondering if we could book breakfast buffet @ Enchanted Garden at Disney Hotel even though we are staying at Disney Hollywood Hotel?
And can i make the reservations upon check in?

Jumanji,
Advise u to make advance booking by calling them now cos it's very popular! They have 2 slots: 7:30-9am & 9:30-11am. After choosing, they will give you a booking no. for confirmation. Hope tis helps.

re: kidnapped; i jus came back last week, jus be careful and look after ur kids and everything should be fine. we oso warned our kids abt the danger but i dunno if they understand. so as we adult jus be extra careful can le.

Hi I'm planning to go hk in end mar or first wk apr.

Now I'm a bit confuse if I shld stay in Disney hollywood or stay at mongkok n tk the mtr to Disney.

I hv not chk hw much is the annual pass but is it still worth it just so that can get discount for the hotel stay?

Can adv whr can I buy gd n cheap kids clothings. Thanks

i went hk disneyland twice , my advise is if u hv kids its better to stay at disney hollywood , its so near to the park and you can watch firework at night if u book for park view rooms .The staff there generally are friendly people and there is a park at the hotel , view is nice and windy.
i dun really like mongkok as i feel its very rowdy not suitable if u hv kids . The first time we stayed at langham place at mongkok , the hotel is nice but we do not like the surrounding . the second time we stayed at tsiam sha tui marco polo hotel and we think its a better choice .

Pkum,
Dep on how many days u intend to spend in disneyland vs shopping. Queues at some new rides, eg toy story can be quite long. So if u want to spend 2 days at Disneyland, can consider staying at Disney hotel for a night b4 transferring to city hotels.

Citygates have some branded outlets. But if u dun mind the quality, ladies market & mongkok streets have more affordable stuff

Enjoy ur trip!

Pkum,
why not do half half?
the 1st time we went with my gal (she then was 1 yr 7mths), we stayed 2 nites at tsim sha tsui and 2 nites at disney hotel.
the 2nd time we went (my gal was 2yrs 7mths), we stayed 3 nites at mongkok and 2 nites at disney.

as we had a toddler with us, we didn't want to waste time commuting. so stayed half half lor.

i would like to half half.. but maybe second part of the trip then go disney.

if we stay at disney, do we still hv to buy two day pass?

citygates is at kowloon or mongkok? is it near mtr?

my girl is 3 yr old and i figured that i wont get to do much shopping
sad.gif

i hv bn to ladies market, is like pasar malam to me.. but my hubby wld like to b near some night street kinda of thing too.

Back