A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

Good Morning Ladies!
Hi tidyfairy, thats a unique name....
My hb had done the sperm analysis before...It is actually a very simple procedure. HB will be given a container from the gynae we see and he wld need to book an appt with endro clinic and on the day of appt b4 1 hr, he has to ejaculate into the container his semen and bring it to the clinic in time.
The clinic will perform the analysis and will forward the results to our gynae. Then our gynae will enlighten us on the results. Hope this is useful to you.

Hi ladies good morning.

cafe,
look like we r quite similar... same CD, same try for ttc. Jia you! Jia You!

Sneaky,
You mentioned that $80 is consultation fee & $90 is for scan, did u do pap smear test? Do u know how much for hubby SA?
Hope you can strike this time, baby made in china!!

Hi joice n gebbera,
initially I also thout that it is easy to get pregnant, silly me ...
Anyway, ur r just 25, still young .. just need to be jia you! jia you ! Me already 28
sad.gif

I jst get married this yr, hope to hav a kid next yr
happy.gif

Anyone here know any lady gynae in west such as bkt batok? I m looking for one.
My colleague recommend me Dr. Lisa Chin fr Gleneagles, anyone try her before?

Hi sugarbun,

most of us here used to think that getting pregnant is as easy as ABC.... but the truth is not what turn out to be... *sigh* 28 is still alright for pregnancy, so dont worry so much... me too, just got married this year... and hoping to have a kid soon.... perhaps we have to tell ourselves not to rush into things as that might have caused stress in us. This is one of the factors that could have obstruct our ways. maybe we just have to let nature takes its course.

I do not have any lady gynae to recommend.... me havent found a gynae yet... hopefully the other ladies can help...
happy.gif

Hi sugarbun,
There is a clinic at Bt Batok central called gynaecoloy and associates. My previous gynae from Mt E also practices there but only is there in the clinic 1 a wk. She is Dr Kek. But a bit ex.
If u do not mind NUH, there is Dr Annapoorna, 2 of lady friends have seen her and they have good opinion of her.

Hi Gebbera

I got married at age 25 too and we immediately ttc a month before my wedding...sad news is...till date Im still not pregnant. 25 is just right for ttc.

Hi hopeformiracle,
Hmm... if you dont mind me asking, how old are you now? i do have friends who are like you too. tried ttcing a month or 2 before the actual wedding... even my mum told me to do that too. but i didnt. are you seeing any gynae now? which gynae did you go to?

Hi Gebbera

I am 26 this year so which mean I have been ttc for 1 year 5 months with no luck. My Gynae is at GlenE, Prof Ng SC. Very experience too and the clinic charges are reasonable. Now I am taking break, trying on our own without Gynae help.

hello hopeformiracle,

you are young too... only a year different from me. for how long have you been seeing this gynae? did he mentioned what is the cause that is obstructing you from being pregnant?
girl, no matter what happens, dont give up hope okie.... must continue to keep trying... and you will succeed one day.
happy.gif

How much is your gynae, Prof Ng SC charging per visit? I'm on a lookout for a gynae now. Do you know of any good gynaes that deliver in Mt.A?

194063.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ 21 Oct 04
tidyfairy ...... CD 03
garfield ....... CD 03
kelly .......... CD 04
yasmin ......... CD 05
sneaky ......... CD 05
sugarbun ....... CD 06
caf ........... CD 06
choo ........... CD 07
pooh ........... CD 08
gebbera ........ CD 10
miso ........... CD 11
tuffy .......... CD 12
mrstan ......... CD 13
jenifur ........ CD 14
snowball ....... CD 14
meijia ......... CD 15
nik ............ CD 16
hopeful ........ CD 20
hopeformiracle . CD 21
bookworm ....... CD 21
sandy .......... CD 21
woofy .......... CD 23
yippy .......... CD 26
joice .......... CD 30
classy ......... CD 30
happy88 ........ CD 38
JL ............. CD 46
mayling ........ CD 46
Karen .......... CD 52
rikku .......... CD 60
Jling .......... CD 70
dawn ........... CD 78
</font><font color="aa00aa">
Graduates - EDD
Mickey ......... 23/10/04
YeeYee ......... 24/10/04
chihiro ........ 30/11/04
Jen ............ 09/12/04
Emma ........... 09/12/04
wendypooh ...... 15/12/04
jov ............ 05/01/05
huggie ......... ??/02/05
jara ........... 28/02/05
lbs ............ 07/03/05
seiko .......... 08/03/05
lilac .......... 09/03/05
KC ............. 14/03/05
ribena ......... 19/03/05
funny .......... 15/04/05
oreo ........... 14/05/05
sharon ......... 17/05/05
bluesea ........ 22/05/05
ras ............ 07/06/05
jamci .......... 15/06/05
megtan ......... 21/06/05

</font><font color="119911">CD = Cycle Day; AF = Aunt Flo = menses;</font>

Common Terms used</font>
Checking your CM and Folic Acid
The TTC Prayer

<font color="ff0000">If you like to join us, please let me know, so that I can add you into our CD Update List.
happy.gif
</font>
194064.gif
194065.gif
194066.gif

Morning ladies!

gebbera,
me oso not on pills before. heard abt their side effects so nvr try tat... I have been trying for almost a year liao.. at first was quite anxious but now try to take things more easily. Let god decides on when is the right time to have a baby..
happy.gif

hi ladies good morning

Wow, today's posting fast lei. Juz finished reading. Most of you are very young, i mean still in your 20s.... me already reached mid 30s liao... so i m more kan cheong than u gals as my chance of conceiving is lower than anyone of u her coz of my age....sigh!!

sugarbun, may i know your CD??? 28, 30 or more than 30 days? For me, my CD is around 33 days. Also very coincident hor, u aso stay at bt batok, me too. yes, me aso tot of looking for a gynae around bt batok area..... yesterday juz discuss wif hb tat i tot of going for body checkup but then hb disagrees as he felt tat i m giving myself pressure unconsciously... he said we hv only tried for 2 cycles, y so kan cheong?

good morning everyone!!!! happy Thursday!!!

welcome all newbies!!! welcome to this warm family...

sugarbun: i did not do pap smear test because i'm still having my AF. only did a scan. if consultation is only for 1 person, Dr Kowa charges only $50. the SA cost us $45.15 and i've submitted the samples this morning....thanks for your well wishes...hope to strike too...but might not ovulate then...too early liao...

Joi*ce : Pls add me in your CD update list.
I am in CD15 liao. Have been trying for almost a year and quite xian liao. Hope thru this forum we can encourage each other in TTC.
Thank you.

Gebbera
Ya, I am still young but if keep trying and no good news, my age will catch up too haha...we tried on our own for six months, no news so we visit Gynae to do a medical checkup. DH SA show that sperm swimming slow and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis 3 months later because I have very irregular and painful menses. I underwent an operation in March and my menses was stopped by Gynae to prevent Endo from growing. This month, my mense just came back, so we back on track to TTC. Very sad, this month, my follicle not growing well. So DH said not to put pressure and stress and we stop going to Gynae first.

Hi Emon
I tried for more then a year, getting very xian too but I really want to have a baby. Sometime want to give up but when I see all my friends, relative got pregnant, I get nervous and try again.

Good morning ladies...

A warm welcome to all newcomers.. Hope all of us will encourage each other and 'jia you' together..

cafe
i can accompany U in the mid 30.. cos me 32 this yr.. we shall work hard together..

joice
u r in yr CD30 today.. pray that U will be 1 of the graduate..take care

Hi Hopeformiracle,
I was feeling really stressed 2~3 months again. Every married couples are pregnant except me. Now they are back from the maternity and I am still here trying very hard. Every corner I turn in the office, there bound to be someone asking me not to wait any longer. I long long ago know liao mah. By the way I am 34 this year.
Ganbatte la.
Joice: Wish you can graduate soon.

Cafe, my CD is 29 ~ 31, I have ever go up to CD 45 during the time when i m on diet (for my wedding). Now dun dare to skip meal anymore, my mum is nagging at me too...
nono.gif

Such a coincident hor, u stay at west side too...
Actually the body checkup is a must for every women, especially pap smear (for women above 25 yrs old and have sex activities), that y i m thinking of doing pap smear, at the same time ask my hubby to do the SA
happy.gif

hi cafe &amp; all girls

thanks for yr encouragement. Hope all will be ok.

I am confused after reading. why is there CD 38 to 78. I understand that CD is cycle day, 1st day of menses is CD1 right.. So does it mean the below girls are pregnant?

happy88 ........ CD 38
JL ............. CD 46
mayling ........ CD 46
Karen .......... CD 52
rikku .......... CD 60
Jling .......... CD 70
dawn ........... CD 78

Thanks Yasmin for your reply.

Hi Emon,
Welcome to the thread. Hope the discussion will help to ease your stress. We are all in the same TTC boat, let's jia you.

Angel,
SA is a sperm analysis. My hubby's going to submit a sample next week. Not only will they check the motility, but the sperm must be able to swim up, and not swim on the spot.

There are factors affecting sperm quality like hot showers, stress - all which decrease sperm quality.

Can anyone out there please help to list the recommended foods (including TCM) for before ovulation &amp; for after ovulation, and what foods to avoid too?

Thank you!!

hi joice

It is CD18 for me. I have a short menstrual cycle of 21-22 days. My next AF should be on 28 Oct which gives me max CD24 instead of CD28 or CD30.

Thanks

<font face="Calisto Mt"> Today's thread moving very fast, having problem catching up.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Amaze"> Welcome</font></font></font>, angle, emon and any other newcomers I missed.

<font color="0000ff">Joice/Classy</font> : will
194222.gif
&amp; sent u a
194223.gif
to block AF

<font color="0000ff">Yasmin/MrsTan</font>: Can I just check for SA, HB will hv to collect sperm @ e clinic or @ home then rush down? My HB is not very willing to do e test cuz he dun think can eject if gota do it in clinic.

<font color="0000ff">Snowball/Meijia</font>: R both of u working hard? I just tested +ve with OPK; meaning will be Ovulating in e next 24~36 hrs. Shld not hv BD yesterday; so tired. Still must continue to work hard for at least another 4 nites.
sad.gif
</font>

Jenifur,

since ur hubby dont wanna do in clinic then the only option is for him to collect it and bring it down to clinic asap after that lor. think it has to be immediate cos need to be fresh to be tested.

emon, we r same age.... most of my frenz (same age group) have already become mom except me. however for me...Partly becos i got married late (just this year June) so cannot compete wif frenz who got married during their mid 20s...

sandy, tks for sharing &amp; ya I am 2 years your senior..... letz jia u.... jia u...

Jenifur, work hard &amp; remember to relax wen BD these few nites since u hv test positive now...

sugarbun, i hv done my papsmear every year infact (coz before married me &amp; hb already BD..kekeke but wif protection of course). anyway will try to stay positive &amp; work hard again this cycle... u too work hard!

Joice &amp; Classy: Any good news???

emon,

Understand how u feel. When i started ttc together wif my colleagues, all got preggy except me. And when their bb turn 1, me still trying! The feeling is soo lousy. Juz when i decided to let nature takes its course, found out I m preggy. Now bb is 6 wks old. Wish u good luck!
happy.gif

hi gals, I'm back! Wow, took the whole morning to catch up on the postings.

A warm welcome to all the newcomers and not to forget, a BIG CONGRATS to jamci (althought a little bit late)!

Jenifur, your hb just like mine. Did not want to do did in the clinic. so, no choice, have to do it at home and then rush down to the clinic. He has to get to the clinic within 1.5 hrs.
happy.gif

I think best that hb feels comfortable. Just that have to get to clinic in time.
happy.gif

jenifur,
thank u....i'm keeping my fingers crossed too!!!

cafe,
hope to send out good news to the gals here soon....today is my cd30 liao..so far my longest cd is 28 so maybe will wait another few more days lor....

Hi mykono, remember reading earlier posting that you conceived by doggie style. Thought of trying that position since always trying on missionary postition for conception. Do I lie flat on stomach after sex or to lie on back so that sperm does not flow out? sorrie...i abit blur and very kiasu
happy.gif

hi good afternoon ladies..
happy.gif

hopeful, i am still here...thanks a lot!
happy.gif

emon, I really understand those feelings too.
Imagine i can even cried when i heard that my friend is pregnant cos she really love to compare and complete with me. Imagine she can call me and ask "i got two lines, think it's positive....then add in "when is your turn har cos i hope we can go shopping together"
I have not strike yet she already so sarcastic.
angry.gif

Then later i tell myself not to let her make me upset and get over it very soon.
biggrin.gif

Now i had bingo but i did not tell her anything yet. Don't intend to let her know lor cos it's my own biz, not hers
happy.gif
*don't want her to call me and ask "hey tell me your bb's girl or boy"*
crazy.gif

hi jamci

congratulations!!

Hi hopeformiracle

what is short luteal phase? sorry, I m very green in reproductive terms. My menses cycle has always been very short and it's been like that for many years (maybe abt 8 years). I have been seeing the same gynae for abt 10 years and at that time, he said it is not something I should be concerned abt. Now that I am ttcing, maybe it is A BIG CONCERN. :eek:(

Maybe I have a hormone defect cos I don't feel horny or had run out of eggs. My colleague passed me a phamphlet on fertility. It says there are about 400,000 follicles, which are balls of cells with an immature egg in the cetnre. Only about 300-500 of these will develop into mature eggs. I did a rough calculation. I started menstruating at 10year old (young hor) and about 14-15 times a year due to my short cycle. 300/14 = 21 years. I am 30 years old, I would have 'used up' 20 years of supply. Maybe my egg supply depleted liao :eek:(

Hi Geberra,

I have been ttc for 2 cycle. Currently is the third.

Such a concidence, I am staying in Bt.Gombak, same area as Bt. Batok.

Hi Jenifur,

Thanks for asking. was -ve yesterday. Will test later but I think still -ve.

Anyway I may stop ttc. I am too sad to try anything now.

Hi Ladies,
Has anyone heard of this b4? It also affects fertility.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)

Aiyoh, I have some of the sypmtoms for PID ....very confused.
sad.gif

hi everyone,
tks!! my normal cycle is ard 30-35 days so I have a few more days to go.. keeping my fingers crossed too..
happy.gif

classy,
u have high chance since ur longest cycle is 28 days... will pray hard for u now...
happy.gif

jenifur: in order to send samples for lab tests, your HB must abstain from ejaculation for at least 5 - 7 days and not more. anything more is considered old sperms and they don't want that. my HB did it at home and then we rushed down to the fertility centre at Mt E. it must be done in less than 1.5 hrs.

Hi gals,

May I just check with your. Do both you and your HB want a bb then you start ttc. Is there anyone who is just one-sided.

I feel that I am the one who wants a bb more. HB just say let it come natually. As he is very unhappy with his job and he is job searching now, he seems to not care abt ttc. Especially when he just rejected a offer yesterday as I told him that company is no good. He is very sad and have not been BD for 2 days. Sometimes it can be 1 week when we both unhappy.

I feel that I am always the one planning, checking my ovulation and asking for BD. On the other hand, he think that it is very 'fake' to plan all these. I told BD at the right time will increase the chances.

And also his back will pain when doing missionary position so I wonder how to let the baby come naturally when I am regulary, his back is pain, work stress.

Think I may just give up the whole ttc idea...cry...

<font face="calisto Mt"><font color="0000ff">Meijia</font>: Initial few cycles is like tt, U sure will feel very upset &amp; disappointed or even sian but don't give up so easily. A lot of the graduates here also tried a long time before striking. I nearly gave up a few times &amp; in fact tis morning I jus throw tantrum to HB saying I'm so sick &amp; tired of poping so many pills, checking for Ovulation everyday
sad.gif
. But don't give up; let's keep encouraging each other here.

Have a gd talk with ur HB. Mayb u can try doggie style or Spoon position (harder to achieve but it's very relaxed position)</font>

194288.gif

Hi Jenifur,

I am tired because it seems like i am the one who is desparate for bb instead of me and HB. He told me recently he is sad so no mood. But he will be ok after a few days.

I am really very sad
sad.gif

hi meijia: i guess you're not alone. men are men lah.... for us women, when we're matured enough and want to have a kid, it's more like WE are the ones who'd like to have them. their reactions are not as great as us be it happy or disappointed. my hb was at first reluctant to see a gynae with me and said we should try on our own longer. ytday at the clinic, he was totally silent and seemed unhappy about it. i told him i want to give up and almost walked off when our names were called. after the gynae had checked on both of us and gave us some advices, he was slightly better and agreed that it's money worth spent to know that i have an introverted uterus, blah blah blah...

i want a bb badly because we do not have the "honeymoon" period anymore despite being married for only 4.5 months. life is so monotaneous cos he's not those very fun type of person. i thought by having a child, maybe i have something to keep me going and happy all the time.

Hi sneaky,

My hb also against the idea of seeing a gynae, he say we have to try longer. Maybe for a yr or so before we should consolt one.

But I think if we can know if we have any problem or if we are normal earlier, it is better.

I want to have a bb young so I have the energy to look after them. My target is to have 2 before 30. Now I think, quite hard liao.

Unless he changed to a better job, be more happy, otherwise think we are hard to have bb.

<font face="Calisto MT"> <font color="0000ff">Meijia</font>: I can understand how you feel cuz initially my HB
was like tt in e 1st 2 cycles. Always got progame planned when I want to BD but
now he very co-operative. But must make sure you are both enjoyng e BD session
&amp; not just "mating like animals". Mayb ur HB too pre-occuiped with his career
prospect &amp; worrying if he can provide for BB in future. Have a nice talk with him;
if really got problem then no harm postponing tcc for another few more mths till
he found a new job

As for visiting e gynae, mayb U go see alone 1st to confirm everything fine for urself then
try for another 2 more cycle. If still never strike then prob ask HB to go check.</font>

meijia: you're right to say that it's good to find out early if we have any problems. maybe you tell you hb that there's no harm in seeing a gynae early so that you can prepare YOURSELF better in order to have a healthy baby (when you're at the clinic, ask him to check at the same time loh). talking about life target...mine is way way off...i wanted to be a mother at the age of 23...but i only got to know my hb at 27...now i'm 29....old woman liaoz...don't despair okay...

Hi BeeKah

Don't be discouraged. It is understandable that your hubby is not so concerned over ttc now as his job situation is unstable. Bringing up a baby is very taxing financially, maybe that's why he doesn't feel like ttcing now until he finds a happier permanent job.

Quoting my husband, he said to enjoy the love making process and if baby comes, it's a bonus. Don't stress over it too much as it might reduce fertility even further and many couples conceive when they are on holiday as stress level is at it's lowest when there's enjoyment. :eek:)

Angel
Luteal Phase is the period after you ovulated. It usually last about 14 days before your next AF arrive. If luteal phase too short, your uterus lining will not be form properly and difficult for fertilized egg to implant.

Meijia
Last sunday I when to see Chinese physician with my HB, after the all procedure, my HB so angry with me because he said the chinese sensei keep looking at him when she diagnosed my problem. He said he got that impression that chinese sensei is blaming him for wanting a bb badly.

Hi angel, sneaky and jenifur,

Thanks for all your encouragement.

Maybe I will just go and see gynae myself to check if I am ovulating every month as I have very ireegular mensed during my teen. Only 4 times a year. But now AF comes every month but date is jumble up.

This morning I told me I made up my mind to postpone ttc but he say he want now. He say he want a bb and a new job at the same time. I don't know how to achieve that.

We did enjoy ourselves during BD when I am on top. But this is not a favourable position. HE say he feel back pain and din enjoy when during missionarry and we never able to achieve gooie style. think maybe we don't know how to do it.

If this continue, I don't know when then can I have bb.

Maybe I am too kan cheong abt it, I dun know. But i envy my friends who are pregnant and I really want a bb.

Back