A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

Hi all,

am new here. have been ttc for 5mths. no success.bought those ovulation strips. but everyday test also negative.

Just seeking advice, where should i go to have checkup for both of us? you know just in case, there's something wrong with either of us? touch wood.

thanks in advance.

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from Straits Times and I'm doing a Sunday Lifestyle feature on Jan1, 2012 focusing on people who will undergo major life changes in 2012.
I'm looking to do a story on either:
- a woman who has taken a long time to conceive and is finally expecting her first baby in the first half of 2012.
Interviewee has to be open to talking about the journey and how they are planning for a life change, as well as a photo shoot. OR
- someone who is expecting triplets?

If you don't mind being interviewed, pls email me at [email protected] and leave your contact details?

Thanks!

Dear all ,
i had been ttcing since august 2011 , but recently just change gynea , then just 1 round of clomid with very intensive follicle tracking , i succeeded, currently in my 9th weeks ... very very lucky as i have pcos ... so really find this doc quite nice and experience ... so if u all would like , can try , her name is dr kelly loi ...

Spreading baby dust to all of you !!! Jiayou !!

Hi ladies,

Just wanna share my experience with clomid. I had been ttc for 3 yrs now. I had been ovulating over the years, but suddenly it stopped. I dunno why but doc prescribed clomid to help me ovulate. I took 5 cycles in total. First 3 cycles, it failed. 4th cycle I go for IUI, failed as well. My 5th cycle succeeded, but I got a mc in 9th week. Reason probably due to chromosome issue, either egg or sperm is unhealthy. Doc did mentioned it could be the side effects of clomid. Every mth our body will choose a healthy egg to release it. But clomid does not, so sometimes it might be a unhealthy egg being choosen which can lead to mc.

Thinking back, I do have a number of girlfriends who have conceived through IUI, but end up in mc eventually.

Since I am ovulating natually now, I try not to take clomid.

Babydust to all!! Hope to hear good news soon!!

trying to tcc for no2... baby dust to me
happy.gif

Hi all. I'm a newbie here.. Been TTC #1 for 6 months and felt very demoralised.

I have just made an appointment with a RE for a fertility assessment and going to start tcm treatment this wk.

Babydust to everyone who is ttc!!

Hi, anyone keen on SIMILAC MUM low fat milk powder?
Suitable for those planning for pregnancy, pregnant and breast feeding. Good for those who wants low fat but high protein (20.5g).
700g tin. Expiry 29Jan2014.
Selling at 2 for $45. Outside is $28.50 for 1.
Pls PM me if keen. Thanks.

(posting on behalf of my sister who is doing her uni paper)

Hi, I'm doing up a research paper and will like to seek some opinions on assisted reproduction technology (e.g IVF) and your views on adoption of babies.

If you are a mum who is considering ART and/or adoption, please help me by answering these few questions.

Thank you so much!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7NTQBY3

Just thought i would share with you what my TCM taught me for TTC-ing and tiao yang body to get ready for conceiving... Many took her advice and strike...

The Below are my Advice from my TCM.
But the last 3 points are what i read from internet sources about Men's fertility food.

1.Do Not take any more Cold Food/Drinks from now on.

2.NEVER NEVER take Tea/Liang Teh/Or any Cooling Stuff (in TCM term)
When I say Cooling Food, I meant food such as Cucumber, White Cabbage, Bitter Gourd, Watermelon, Green Tea, Cooling Chinese Tea, Barley Water etc etc
A Friend Share this List with me on cooling food and heaty food:
http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/heaty.html

3.If you really have to Take Fruits such as Grapes/oranges/apples etc, Please make sure they are Not Cold. Best is to take more Durians/Jackfruits/Mangoes (Heaty Tropical fruits)

4.Get A TCM to “Tiaoyang” your Body. It works. Many look for TCM and got their rainbow Baby. Both Husbands and Wives need to See TCM. Its Mutual Effort.

5.Take Bazhen at least Once a Week. If you don’t know what is bazhen, you can ask around in medical halls, Bazhen is very important and Good for Ladies. It consist of 8 herbs that are essential for Women’s health. Go to Any Medical Hall, tell them you want Bazhen, they will give a Set of herbs for you. Just Throw the herbs into slow cooker and Boil for 2 – 3 hours. My TCM advised me to Add DOM one hour before Consumption. After adding DOM, let it boil for one hour before you drink. Just add half Cap of DOM will do (The Bottle Cap of DOM)
But Do Not Take Ba Zhen during Menses.
For Best effect, Take Ba Zhen within 7 days after menses ended.

6.Frequently drink Longan Red Date Tea. (Longan + Red Date Boil using Slow Cooker). My TCM advised me to take Everyday. But if you scared that it will be too heaty, do try drinking on alternate days. In My Longan Red date Tea, I added Wolfberries and Ginger too. Ginger help to dispel the wind in our body.

7.During Menses days, Change above Drink from Longan to using Black Sugar (Black Sugar + Red Dates boil using Slow Cooker). Add Ginger to this drink.

8.Don’t Drink Fresh Milk/Yogurt/Soyabean. But you can Drink Formula Milk Powder.

9.Exercise Frequently But Only Do Brisk Walking during Menses Period if you intend to TTC. Exercising help to smoothen the “Qi” & Blood flow in your Body. Get More Morning Sun for your Body is the most important Part.

10.If you are able to take DOM, take DOM every night after Dinner (Half Cap will do). If you can’t take, then don’t take.
Do Not Take DOM during Menses.

11.Sleep Early !!! This is very Important… Sleeping Late Disrupt your Qi and Blood flow, which hinders your TTC process too. Please try to sleep early. Wear Socks when you sleep.

12.Zinc and Selenium are Very Important for Fertility for Both Women and Men. Do Take more Natural Food with Zinc and Selenium nutrients.

13.For the Hubbies, Let them Take Folic Acid too during TTC. Folic Acid brings Motility to the Sperms.

14.Sometimes, Fertility issue lies with the Men. So Let your hubbies Eat more Walnuts, Tomatoes, Asparagus. These Are fertility food, Walnuts are Especially Good.

All the best to you gals...

ladies

just to share....

I hv read about people drinking royal jelly with pollen in honey form to have better quality of eggs as well..... can google on it to find out more....
happy.gif

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from straits times. We're looking to feature a range of mums to be in 2013, for a year-end report. Pls PM me or email me at [email protected] if you don't mind being interviewed? Would be good if you have a compelling story on TTC which can encourage others. Can also pass the word around, Thanks!

@lsy8680, exercising will help to enhance your general fitness, I believe it should increase your chances of both conceiving, being fit also helps you when you do get pregnant, and in delivery. 3 years is a pretty long time, have you and your husband gone to a gynae/fertility doctor to check?

@lsy8680 I would agree with Jo78 that exercising will help increase success rate. In fact, recommendeded both husband and wife does it together.

There're testimonials of success cases after LOOSING the FATS.

Another aspect you may wanna look into is your DIET, on top of whatever recommended by the mummies, note that you still go for more fruits and veges, and even taking multi-vitamin to supplement the nutrients your body lacks. When your body has the right "resources", it should do it's miracle...

Lastly, if there's "problem" due to age, sperm count and etc.... An alternative to medical solutions, you can try the right SUPPLEMENTS combinations. There're a number of testimonials of people who cannot conceive / hard to conceive, but managed to succeed in around 2-3 months time, oldest I've heard of is above 45 (can't remember the exact age).

In short, the fundamental is still about right exercise to loose fats, and a right diet plan with the right supplements.

This is just 2 cents worth, hope it make sense to you.

I've been trying to conceive for a year but no luck. Have been to Dr Christopher Chen in Gleneagles and have been diagnosed with PCOS, ademyosis as well as endometriosis. i also have hyperthyroidism and a retroverted uterus. Using strips to track ovulation. Some months it's positive. some months it isn't. Very disheartened when people around me seemed to get pregnant effortlessly. on TCM now and taking folic acid. the disappointment and heartache each month is so torturing...

Hi everyone, I need advise. Went for check up last week and gynae mentioned my uterus is enlarged. I feel that I keep have the urge of going to pee, monthly menses is usually delayed by 10-15 days. 2nd to 4th days more heavier but manageable by taking painkiller. End about 7 days. I had gave birth to 2 kids and gynae ask me to remove uterus since I had gave birth. Anyone can advise me? No medication, iron pills, epo and fish oil is given. I had visited Dr Chen mei er and she gave me medicine.

I've been trying to conceive for a year but no luck. Have been to Dr Christopher Chen in Gleneagles and have been diagnosed with PCOS, ademyosis as well as endometriosis. i also have hyperthyroidism and a retroverted uterus. Using strips to track ovulation. Some months it's positive. some months it isn't. Very disheartened when people around me seemed to get pregnant effortlessly. on TCM now and taking folic acid. the disappointment and heartache each month is so torturing...
I have hyperthyroidism too. Did u manage to conceive?

Back