A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

linda

Hi all, thought I'd start a new thread on this topic....

Welcome anyone with experiences to share.
happy.gif

Ohaiyo,

well, me for sure is now TTC. Mmmm...Tried for abt 5 cycles liao, still no gd news....Went to gynae sometime back, gave me clomid for 2 cycles & still no news, so fedup!!! But at least, during my gynae visit, i can see my egg, which shows tat at least i do ovulate....

But my period is irregular, so sometimes, juz anihow do lor.... But i guess even if the couple is healthy, if u r not fated to hv children...No matter how much u spend/ think, u still will not make it.... SO LET NATURE TAKES ITS COURSE!!! Very impt, is tat a couple shld cooperate & understand each other....

Me & hubby will blame each other for not making it happen, but now, dun care liao!!! Rather than being unhappy, we cherish each other more!!!

Hi monkey,
Kekkeke...U very funny...
biggrin.gif
So jovial...

Not to worry lah...last round I had to tried for 6 months leh!
happy.gif
Now still trying lah...but not as 'desperate' as last time.. Do you estimate your cycle? I judge by my cervical mucus... How about you?

HULLO.......

Linda,
I'm here to "report".liao..hehehe
biggrin.gif

have u start trying liao?

dunno when will be my turn..been drooling on the bb thingy but cant buy...

Monkey,
i oso like you leh...i hve irregular menses so quite hard to "predict" when is my O day..

though my hubby n i decided to let nature takes its own course,but then sometimes cant help thinking tt when will be my turn...esp when u see pple ard u seems to get preggie quite fast...

forgetmenot, Good Girl!
biggrin.gif

Me started although not very actively. You no news yet? menses still irregular ah? Have you seen a doc regarding this? I feel that judging cervical mucus more accurate for you leh....

Hi gals,

me now taking temperature...Actually my period is ok lah, but since TTC, a bit haywire here & there liao... I tink sometimes too stressed can caused all tis....Well, i guess god is asking us to be patient lor..., we will be repaid wif all the efforts of Nite OT one day...

Actually see gynae oso useless lah, they oni prescribe clomid, like me...But i give up on clomid as hor, very stressed leh...Every mth, hv to go to my gynae for scanning when i took the clomid. He needs to monitor to see the size of my egg, & then will advise my & Hubby to do it on which day for conceiving... My heart beat everytime when see him leh.....

My hubby then tell us to take it easy lah...His colleague oso faced tis problem & then even went to TIBET, but oso no news...Then later, they give up all tis, & let everything naturally, then they conceived liao... U see, dun give up!!! We must encourage ourselves...At least, we r still young rite??? Me 26 tis yr...HEE!HEE!HEE! Not so young after all....

Hi Linda,

I've read some of what happened to you.. hoping everything will be going smoothly for you now..

As for me, got married last year, but not yet planning to have kids yet.. but me kinda worried cos I always have quite bad cramp on first day of my period.. so worried that this may affect my chances later..

Btw, how do you judge by the mucus?

JenJen,

if ur mucus is stretchy like egg white, its shows tat u r at ur fertile stage & hence shld baby-danceig to maximise ur chances of conceiving.... but as its quite similar to semen after sex, i oso sometimes get confused.....Me period not very regular so very "luan" oso!!!

All tat i can advise u is tat i find sometimes when u want to hv bb, it dun happen easily...Esp for the youngest now, i tink maybe due to peer pressure & society pressure, makes us not easy to conceive...U shld try young if u can, how old r u har?

Gals, can i know ur occupation? Me in accounts, dun noe whether izzit due to the work, causes me not very easy to conceive...Sian.....

me oso "trying" but not really so hardworking.. my menses oso pretty irregular, then hor, we only wkend got time to do, cos hubby always say wkday very tired. but hor, even wkend do, sometimes hubby oso no "output", so most of the time oso wasted effort lor.
sad.gif

hope this July honeymoon trip will hv some good news. but again, we'll be spending abt 3 days on the plane (2 days to-fro SIN-LON, 1 day to-fro Lon-Turkey), 13 days in Turkey, and abt 3 days in London... dunno got time to really "relax & romance" or not... hahahahaa

monkey,
i oso thinking of going to gynae.. at least find out that i can conceive lor. then at least set mind at ease
happy.gif

jen,
hehe.. so surprised to c u here.. wanna equip wif info first huh? hahaha...

Linda,
ya lor..still no news...
sad.gif

nope..dun intend to see a gynae..will try for a few more mths 1st...

but then sometimes quite hard to judge the CM one leh...

Hi Linda, I'm here to report too.........

For my case, I've been trying for 5 cycles also. My cycle is considered quite regular according to Babymed but it's not exactly 28 days. There is a range of 29-32 days. So I also don't know how to determine my O-day leh. For mucus, I got the same concern as monkey. That is, it looks similar as the semen after sex. So I also don't know how to determine my O-day from that method. Now I'm heeding my col's method, that is, take my temperature every morning and look for drop in temp to determine the O-day.

I've checked with gynae and she confirmed that I'm ovulating. Also she suggested the method of using ovulation kit to determine the O-day as it's the most accurate method. But then, I find using ovulation kit very stressful cos u may need to test a few times a day and once it's positive you've got to start dancing leh. Sigh........ too stressful for me.

What other method that anyone can share?

Linda,
Me here to report also!

Ladies, looks like all of us been trying for about the same time. Me tried for 5 cycles, no luck although menses pretty regular and i know it when i'm ovulating coz experience slight pain and temp going down. so when the pain comes and temp is low, i know lor me ovulating soon. but still no luck.

Monkey, i was also given clomid. no use one coz me already ovulating, so prescribe the medicine also no use. i took 3 cycles, next week fertile time.
actually, i very sian, dun feel like eating clomid and take temp, but cannot coz need to show gynae my chart..sianzzz

Let's all try hard together..

Hi all,

me very lazy lah, want to chart bcoz once i noe tat i oredi ovulated, then i stop bb-dancing... Sian lor....Now i dun njoy love-making liao,as now got motive mah, so love-making oso stressed....Cannot go toilet, must put pillow, dun move so much....etc..endless rules to follow....

Tell u gals, i so sian until...last nite, juz masturbate my hubby, & then insert inside me liao...But lucky, got output lah...No choice, fondle play oso lazy liao, maybe no energy...But my hubby more chiam, as he got to "CONCENTRATE"!!! He now got a wife tat is so lazy in making love, oni ask hubby to contribute. But at least hes very cooperative lah, as he oso wants to hv a bb mah...

But at least he neber rush me, he always say tat i too "kan-cheong"....Hes very pleased wif the life now, but bb will be a bonus to our marriage life....
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Dear Ladies,

I'm not trying yet cos hubby is stationed overseas. His assignment will be at least for another year. Initially, we intend to start after he has complete his assignment and back to Spore. But lately, I've been pestering him not to wait that long cos I feel that I'm aging....(in my late 20s liao). Also, I can't help but feel hubby is quite stressed at work, so may affect fertility. Aiyah, I'm very pessimistic lah...

He's coming back for holiday next month and I thought of visiting a gynae with him, probably also do a pre-natal test at the same time. I also find my menstruation cycle a bit weird. Most of the months, I have mid-cycle spotting and when it happens, my cycle will be lengthened for another week (35 days or longer). In certain months, rarely though, it'll be 28 days cycle without mid-cycle spotting. Also, I experience on-off cramping about 5 days before my menses are here. And for the past half year or so, I'll have spotting for 1st 2 days before I see fresh red blood during my menstruation. So, I can't help but feel my reproduction system has deteriorated... haha...

I was worried initially that I'm not ovulating cos one of the factors for mid-cycle spotting is non-ovulation. But I've tried taking my BBT temperature for the past few months and the trend shows that I'm ovulating... phew....

Now, I just hope to find a good gynae to look into my case and answer some of my questions. Linda, I've got the list of Gynaes from you the previous time. Thanks! But I don't know which one is good leh. So now, I'm trying to find out from the mums-to-be which Gynae they're visiting but not much response leh... Which gynae are you gals visiting?

WOW monkey, you and me came same..lazy to make love. just want contribution only, we very bad..keke

my hubby also said me very kan cheong, no bb also ok, but hv is bonus lor.

hi ladies, me also planning to conceive.... actually hubby wants to wait till end of year,.... so from now to end of year, i'm taking temp every morning trying to find trend in the figures.... so far only got one cycle but from what i observe, don't seem to be ovulating.... i also don't know la,... don't know how to interprete yet,... so just take temp for a few more cycles and learn along with u girls.

linda, just wondering why u start this thread when there is already one with similar title?

Hi raisin, I saw Dr Ann Tan from SGH the other time. She's currently at Mt E now. I find her good lor but I don't like the hospital. Anyway, I won't be seeing a gynae abt infertility until I try for abt a year. My gynae told me that there's actually only 25% for us to get pregnant every cycle. So not that easy one.

Hi monkey & micky, you two very bad hor. Lucky your hubby very understanding. What happened? How come no mood to dance?

Raisin,

i went to Dr Chan Kong Hon from Gleaneagles. Hes pretty ok. Initially, hes ok but as time goes by, i find tat i quite stressed after seeing him, tats y i stop taking clomid & seeing him, as sometimes wat he say sometimes hurts me. But he sometimes oso say encouraging tinks lah...But i guess doctors are like tat, if u r doing fine, he will say gd tinks, if u r not, he tend to say some bad things tat u dun like to hear...

But overall, hes ok & experienced enuf lah.... aniway oni go for pre-natal checkup is abt the same....

Waa... So many here liao...
happy.gif

Hi jenjen,
I am fine liao. Just feel cranky sometimes...
I find judging by mucus quite accurate leh... Semen is diff from EWCM (Egg White Cervical Mucus). I mean cos I very gross, I will test it with my fingers (rub the discharge btw forefinger and thumb) or smell it...
crazy.gif
For the sake of having a baby, I think it is worth it. EWCM is stretchy, clear in colour and rubbery... semen is not stretchable and more white in colour... I will try to find the notes on cervical mucus and post it here for you.

Hi Monkey Hi Micky
Hmm... actually both parties need to contribute leh in order to have babies... I learnt tt IF he is really "engrossed", he will 'shoot' further into you, thus helping the little swimmers to be deposited nearer to the target!
happy.gif

Hi giggler,
Dun give up !!!
happy.gif
Remember I tried for 6 months??? Maybe next month you will kena? The 6th month was when i stoped tracking EVERYTHING...no temp taking, no scrutinising my CM.... And BINGO!
happy.gif
We can all try together now.

Hi girls,

Just popped by to say 'hi'.. I'm also one of the TTC gang but only just started trying so fingers crossed. Just to add that I read that if the husband takes folic acid, his sperm count will be better. Thought I'd share it with you girls.. since I'm sure most of you are on folic acid already, no harm asking your husband to pop too!
happy.gif
Good luck, everyone!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi raisin
happy.gif
It is always good to check out your body for the preparation of pregnancy. I dun know which gynae is good. Maybe you shld ask around.

Hi bkl!
Welcome to the charting club!!!
biggrin.gif

Oh, cos the other thread got a lot of success stories and now mainly frequent by pregnant ladies. So the experiences sharing is different I guess....
happy.gif
personally felt a bit "lost" there cos nothing much to contribute to their stories.... This thread is for those trying ones...so hopefully we will all "GRADUATE" and move there lor!!!

Hello gals,

Long time no "see", happy to know all of us still working hard to reach our target...
happy.gif

Me same, have tried all means I know, charting, observe cervical mucus, clearplan, pray...still no luck, ai...
sad.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">monkey,</FONT>
You mentioned you could see your egg during the scan, may i know when(ie. is the scan during your fertility period?)

Good Luck to everybody!
happy.gif

Hi Luckybird, my gynae did the scan to see my egg on day22.

Hi Linda, ya I'll work hard lah but sometimes quite down when I see my da yi ma lor. But hubby has been very encouraging and supportive. He'll warm up chicken essence for me now and then. And force me to drink cos I hate the taste of it. Also, he buys Bai feng yuan for me to take after my menses stop.

Okie, let me start by spraying bb dust to all of us here..............

~~~~~~BABY DUST BABY DUST BABY DUST~~~~~~~~

Luckybird,

well, i went to see him on my CD11 when i was on clomid, &amp; then i could see my egg thru the transvirginal scan. He will scan thru the ovary &amp; then i could see my egg lor.., until a certain size it will pop out, &amp; tats the ovulation day....
My gynae will based on the egg size to estimate my ovulation day, &amp; hence advise me to try on which day lor... but me oso no news lah...I guess luck is still not wif me yet...
sad.gif

But quite stressed oso lah, b4 seeing the gynae &amp; after seeing him...U know lah, the "CAN MAKE IT &amp; YET MIGHT NOT MAKE IT" tat kind of emotions lor...

Giggler,

u can see the egg on CD22. Funny, inside the ovary or in the womb...I see it in my ovary leh on CD12... Not yet pop out though, still inside my ovary waiting to grow bigger then pop out fm my ovary...

Hi all,

Me oso trying for the past six mths liao... although my menses veri regular at 28 days but still no sign yet...
sad.gif

hey thanks linda &amp; monkey.. keke.. i think i understand what you mean leow..
happy.gif
but my major worry is still the pain.. worry abt endometrosis.. will this affect the difficulty to conceive? monkey, age huh.. we sama sama.. keke

angie, yah lor.. try to get first hand info first.. so that may prepare myself mah..

Jen Jen
clomid is taken supposedly to induce ovulation or produce better quality eggs. according to what i heard, we can only take for max 3 cycles. and if proven that ovulation did occurs and no pregnancy, any addition to the dosage will not help. the gynae will only increase if no ovulation occurs.

Moomoo, dun lose heart. we have all been trying for many mths. really wish we can be preggie soon.

few days back, my colleague brought the scan pics of his bb boy, can see the bb quite clearly..5 mths liao..

Monkey,
u took clomid need to see your gynae every mth one ka? me no leh, my gynae never ask me to see him. just gave me 3 cycles of clomid and ask me to see him in another 3 mths time... ***sratch head****

Hi Giggler,
Why don't you like Mt. E? I did't really check out the hospital yet but I thought the location is good and convenient, especially when my hubby is mostly overseas. I'm thinking of seeing a Gynae for a regular check up and do some tests to make sure we're healthy before we start trying for a kid, just to play safe...

Hi Monkey,
Can understand the pressure you're going through, especially when the Gynae makes you more worried, yah?

Hi Catz,
Really surprised to hear that folic acid improves hubby's sperm count. That's something new to learn! I've heard that Vit C is good for hubby's sperm quality though.

Micky,

ya lor, he wants to see my egg &amp; then advise me when to hv sex to maximise my chances lor...I guess each gynae got their own style..Dun see gynae oso good lah, if not beri stressed like me...

I more worse ah, 1 colleague giving birth tis wk, &amp; then 2 more colleagues oso giving birth soon in July &amp; August..Keep on stressing me to work harder, lagi stressed ah!!! 3 pregnant ladies ahhhhh...Touch their tummies, sit their chair oso no luck ahhhh....FATED!!!! Aniway, dun stressed too much...NATURaLLY!!!!

Raisin,

no lah, my gynae say is Vitamin E...I dun think folic acid/Vit.C will help as my gynae oni advise Vit.E... And no hot spa/baths for hubby, will KILL SPERMS!!!

thks... actually your gynae's method sounds quite reasonable to me leh...saw a lot of positive comments on Dr. chan in this forum... I also planned to see him but delayed by the SARS thing...May I know what his charge like? Has any test been done on your hubby? Anyway it's always good to know the egg and semen both healthy, and assured that pregnancy is only a matter of time!
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">giggler</FONT>
Same question as monkey, where did you see your egg? or you had a late ovulation?
happy.gif

Monkey,
Oh... then I got mixed up... paiseh... Hey, why you use this nick? Very funny calling you monkey leh. Are you born in the year of monkey or you hope to have a monkey baby?
happy.gif

I have this funny thinking - if I start trying later this year and if heng heng conceive, then I'll have a monkey baby. And if it's a boy, he'll be very very active for me to handle! Everytime I think of that, I get really scared.... Especially when I see naughty boys throwing tantrums in public... wah... really stressed ah...

Don't you gals feel that there are many pregnant ladies around this year? My office only 20+ ladies, already got 5 pregnant! And a couple of the male colleagues' wives are pregnant!

raisin,
hahaha.. i oso hv the same thinking as u.. monkey kid, scarly need to run after them all the time.. hahaha...

Luckybird,

quite reasonable, but if every mth see him, very expensive...So now dun see him, take the naturally way out, he oso advised me too, ask me dun be kan-cheong...HEE!HEE!HEE! I tink he oso tink i beri kan-cheong lor....His methods is gd lah, but stressed for me... My hubby took his SA wif Dr Chan, his results is ok lah...so its my problem or luck lor....

But still no results lor, my hubby tell me to take it easy, as he got colleagues &amp; friends oso encountered difficuties...Some oso took abt 2 yrs....so its all fated mah!!!

ya, we should take it easy... but for me, age is catching up, can't afford to wait too long...
happy.gif

i love monkey bb too, clever!

Hi, I really forgot where my gynae see my egg leh. Sorry huh...........

I have friend who try intensively for 3 years got nothing. But once they do nothing, they got a bb boy. So I guess sometimes, all these tests make u too stress and uptight that's why don't have.

reporting to LInda &amp; all familiar names like forgetmenot &amp; giggler, long time no "see"
happy.gif

like linda, I m less "On" than last time, so just try to let nature take its course.

LInda, I tried taking the BAI FENG YUAN and only managed to take in 80%. the rest I puked cos really smelly and too many pills. I wonder if it works. anyway, my ovulation may be approaching and today I have a brown stain. Wnder if it's implantation bleeding?? me having false hopes again..hehehe

anyway, just any how whack these days..u leh? still taking any tonics?

Hi all,

I'm reporting here too.... Actually only planned to 'start production' in 1-2 yrs time, but recently realised how diff it is to conceive and carry to term, since i had a m/c recently...
So decided to try earlier
happy.gif

Hopefully all of us will get lucky soon
happy.gif

Gee...sounds like a lot of us prefer non-monkey kids....
happy.gif
But right now, monkey or no monkey, I just ham-tam lah! Thought I could have a lambie baby..Haiz! Never mind...maybe I get a gentle monkey??? Kekekkekeke

To monkey, giggler, and those who see egg on scan.
Isn't too late to be baby dancing when already see egg? I read in www.babymed.com that normally pregnancy occurs when sex BEFORE ovulation leh... *Scratch Head* Enlighten me please....

Hi Mae,
Me got BIG mouth
biggrin.gif
so swallowing the pills not diff for me and I didn't think it was tt bitter.... Maybe you shld try to divide them into portions and swallow section by section. I am not taking anything liao...only bai feng yuan and some bird nest left over from last pregnancy....
lame.gif

Brown stain...hmmm.... Do you know if you had ovulated??? If yes, then could be implantation bleeding leh....

Hi raisin,
Yah,.TOO MANY pregnant ladies...on MRT, on buses, on the road... Hhahaha...makes me feel like i am a COMPLETE failure...Aiyoh!!! Depressing sometimes leh... My colleague sitting in front of me also... and she always 'complain' say pregnancy very tedious...and I always suan her by saying dun want give ME!!!

Hi everyone...

Me trying too though not very active after a recent m/c.

Sometimes wondering should i try so early but anyway leave it all to fate.

TONS OF BABYDUST TO ALL OF US!!!!!

Hi Linda, I also don't know leh. I think from Babymed what they mean is there's still a possibility for u to get preggie before ovulation cos egg can survive 24hrs but you can never get preggie after ovulation. I think the highest chance is still on the O-day lor.

Hi Mae, I'm taking Bai Feng Yuan also. What I do is I divided the portion into half. Which means I take a bottle twice a day. I agree with Linda that I don't really find it smelly leh. I'm taking Eu Yan Sang brand. But according to my mil, those traditional method which req brewing is still the best.

Cheers

~~~TONS TONS TONS OF BABY DUST TO ALL~~~

Morning gals,

HEE!HEE!HEE! I m the first one to report today. Everybody sleep well?

Linda,
for me, my egg was seen in the ovary not yet ovulated as it's still growing to the mature size..So my gynae will based on the size of the egg during the transvirginal scan to judge when the egg will pop out fm the ovary (Ovulation day).. Then he will advised u to try on which day close to ovulation. Now medical science is very advanced, can see the egg even it had not pop out... Even my hubby can see the egg, when he saw, he say "WOW"!!! So u see, tat is how my gynae works, like tat he could oso know tat clomid is working well on me.. &amp; tat is how he ask my hubby to participate, but even then i oso no gd news
sad.gif

Juz to know tat a ex-colleague got pregnant, but she oni knew it when she was 6 mths pregnant..She got irregular period, i tink 6 mths once, she did not realised tat she was pregnant...But luckily, her baby boy was healthy...Felt happy for her oso, as she's a very nice lady, glad tat god is blessing her oso...

We must neber give up hope.....BE POSITIVE!!!

Back