A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

two cycles. first cycle - blur blur...second cycle better now. but no significant increase in temp yet. 36.3-36.6. Cycle day is 28-32 days. last cycle is 36 days...waiting patiently for my O to come...yeah...wish me luck.
happy.gif

louie,

the fertility monitor kit will prompt u to do a urine test...u dun have to do it everyday...U should get the pharmacist to explain in detail to u....

I tell u all smething funny today....I have an appt with the gyn today....then he wants to do a trans-vaginal U/S scan on me....But,I never do....
410581.gif

I have mentioned before I dun like the trans-vaginal U/S scan....My gyn oso BUAY TAHAN ME....Says I am a nurse and i still scared of this procedure.....Anyway,he says today CD10,the eggs maybe oso abit small...So he told me if I overcome my fear of the Vaginal scan,i have to go down and see him this friday....

Can some of u here give me some assurance of doing the Vagianl U/S scan....

Hayashi

Can can...I did so many times v-scan liao...it is not painful...it is jus like...errr...tat lor...whahaaaaaaaaa...

Dun worry...the gynae wil put the v-scan in a condom wif lubricant...so it doesnt hurt...

sharon
haha me lazy ma. no lah i think i enjoy having time to myself. can shop, watch tv, cook yummy things. anyway i doing part time; not that i have stopped work completely. so still ok

think sometimes we all have to try to distract ourselves. the more we think abt it the more we will be stressed. then cycle all goes haywire. or that we don't ovulate. easier said than done hor?

btw gals, vit b complex is good for stressed out souls like us!

Hayashi...

Try to relax durin the v-scan...otherwise yr muscles wil b tensed up...n it wil not b comfy...yr m/c experience was prob different...coupled wif yr then emotions n discomfort...it is inevitable tat u still hv tat phobia...but try to realx...it wont b as bad...really...okie, gal???!!!

A transvaginal transducer, also known as an endovaginal transducer or probe, uses a small electronic array as the scanhead and is inserted directly into the vagina for the scan. This is used as an alternative to an ultrasound examination done via an abdominal scanner. This technique produces a much sharper image, not only because of the scanhead's closer proximity to the uterus, but also because the transducer operates at a higher frequency and hence has a higher resolving power. Transvaginal examinationis are usually done for assessment of very early pregnancies.

A sterile condom is slipped over the handheld transducer (or probe), which is then covered with lubricating gel and placed in the vagina. The probe rests up against the cervix and is being moved in several directions by the sonographer. The rest of the test proceeds the same way as transabdominal ultrasound.

Hayashi...

No leh...jus loss of appetite...n change of appetite...but I sometimes kena stuffy feelin in my chest after a meal...

fizz,

u have any history of gastric problem?preggie woman tend to have more gastric reflux,therefore u wil feel abit tight at ur esophagus there

lp2,

please read this article:

The most common cysts found are the functional cysts. A functional cyst can be one of four types and are not malignant: follicular, corpus luteum, theca luteum, and polycystic ovaries.

A follicular cyst occurs when the normal follicle, or sac that matured to release an egg, does not shrink after release of the egg. These are soft, have thin membrane walls, and contain clear fluid. These can rupture, causing sudden, severe pain which gradually goes away over several days. Usually, however, they spontaneously disappear over the course of one or more menstrual cycles. They can cause changes in your periods and pelvic pain. Depending on the size of the cyst, it can just be observed or treated with birth control pills.

Corpus luteum cysts are less common, but cause more symptoms and problems. They become larger than follicular cysts, thus causing more pelvic pain. They result when bleeding occurs in the follicle after an egg is released. This type of cyst often causes a delayed period and if it ruptures, can cause bleeding into the abdomen which may neccesitate surgery.

Theca luteum cysts, the least common of the functional cycts, are often asscociated with an abnormal pregnancy. They most often occur in both ovaries, unlike the functional cycts described above. They disappear without treatment after the pregnancy is terminated.

Hayashi

I hv very mild gastric...I dun nid to take med...jus sleep n sleep...n the gastric wil go off...errr...where is our esophagus???...

I jus finished my work...gotta sleep liao...

U sleep too gal...dun tink so much abt the v-scan...jus try to relax...n every tink wil fall into place...*hugzzz*

Fizz,

esophagus is the linkway to bring down the food from the throat to our stomach....
<font color="aa00aa">Good Nite and take care</font>....

Dun worry,if really neccessary,I will try to overcome my phobia

(As of 25 April)

<font color="0000ff">Waiting to Ovulate</font>
410819.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD> CD</TD><TD> O date</TD><TD> AF Expected</TD><TD> Cycle length</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sharon</TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> 9 May </TD><TD> 22 May</TD><TD> 31-34</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yuki</TD><TD> 4</TD><TD> 7 May</TD><TD> 22 May</TD><TD> 28 31</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hoonie</TD><TD> 6</TD><TD> 8 May</TD><TD> 20 May</TD><TD> 32-35</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Louie</TD><TD> 6</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> 24-32</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tami</TD><TD> 7</TD><TD> 7 May</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> 34-36</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Koori</TD><TD> 9</TD><TD> 30 Apr</TD><TD> 15 May</TD><TD> 28</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hayashi Hakida</TD><TD>11</TD><TD> 29 Apr</TD><TD> 16-18 May</TD><TD> 30-32</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby26</TD><TD> 12</TD><TD> 29 Apr</TD><TD> 15 May</TD><TD> 31-35</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasnie</TD><TD> 18</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> 36-40</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD> 19</TD><TD> 24-27 Apr</TD><TD> 10 May</TD><TD> 32</td></tr></table>

<font color="0000ff">2WW</font>
410820.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD> CD</TD><TD> DPO</TD><TD> AF Expected</TD><TD> Cycle length</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fat Fat</TD><TD> 19</TD><TD> 5 dpo</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSN_Queen</TD><TD> 20</TD><TD> 5 dpo</TD><TD> 1 May</TD><TD> 28</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bettle_bug</TD><TD> 20</TD><TD> 20 Apr</TD><TD> 5 May</TD><TD> 28 30</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Roslyn</TD><TD> 21</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> 5 May</TD><TD> 27-33</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blueblue</TD><TD> 22</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Berries</TD><TD> 22</TD><TD> 17-19 Apr</TD><TD> 2 May</TD><TD> 30</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>penguin8</TD><TD> 23</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> 4 May</TD><TD> 30-32</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gladys bride</TD><TD> 23</TD><TD> 10 dpo</TD><TD> 27 April</TD><TD> 27-28</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD> 23</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> ?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paperplane</TD><TD> 27</TD><TD> 15 dpo</TD><TD> 23 Apr</TD><TD> 32-35</td></tr></table>

<font color="aa00aa">Gaduates</font>
Fizz
Kermit

yuki - can i ask u abt dr chua yang? does she do delivery also? means can stick w her thru the whole TTC to pregnancy to delivery? where does she deliver? sorry for e many qns.. wld like to get a gynae i can just stick to for e entire course..

minidach,
ya I will b seeing her next wk.. my friend oso tell me she quiet motherly.. hope she can give me more advise on the cyst things.
Fat fat, I have no sympton.. my menses v regular.. but from internet research, it say some will feel painful when AF come and will cause AF to delay..

Ip2,

some cyst will subside by itself,or with the aid of medication.....Do remember to see the gyn ASAP.....

I ever see CYSTS with <font color="ff0000">TEETH</font> and <font color="ff0000">HAIR.</font>

Hi Caitlyn

Eeerrr... I'm not very sure leh... but I think she does lah... coz sometimes hear that she goes to hospital for delivery...

U mean got gynae to deliver one meh? Think she delivers in Mt A, Mt E &amp; Glenagles...

Hi Hayashi

OMG... So scary... are u serious?????? where did the teeth &amp; hair came from????

yuki - okies.. thanks.. not gynae deliver one meh? i confused liao.. i always thot e gynae u see will be e one who delivers ur bb.. keke..

Hi Hayashi

I have tried V-Scan twice... not too scary lah... not even painful... but probably abit uncomfortable lor...

The first time when my gynae pull out that scan, I nearly fainted... so, wat I did was to juz focus on the screen... though I dun understand the screen @ all... but that at least deviate my attention from that tool... hehehhee...

morning gals!

i also did v-scan before, not scary or painful too... the gynae keep on talking to me, explaining to what he is scanning... nurse also keep on talking to me to divert my attention

yuki - i dunno leh.. some of those women clinic gynaes dun if i not wrong.. thanks n sorry for e confusion! keke..

i did e v-scan once.. totally unprepared.. coz i just went to see the doc coz there was a period of time where my menses came every other week..each cycle was like 14 days... went on for almst two mths.. when she say she want to do u/s scan i thot just put on stomach or wat.. who noes she used tt thing! now i got phobia also lor!

The teeth and hair came from the cyst lor....

Cat,

pap smear is to detect for cervical cancer....bascically to detect any abnormal cells

yah,suppose to check once annually...i dun noe if its painful...i never do it before even when i am supposed to....
I will advise u to do it though,,,

caitlyn,

yup, suppose to do annually. my 1st gynae didn't even bother to ask if i did my pap smear when i first visited him. but my 2nd gynae asked me during my 1st visit and i did my pap smear during my first visit. no pain leh... it's a very fast procedure

Caitlyn,

i have done pap smear at polyclinics and pte doctor before. Ok lah, not painful just a little bit uncomfortable. Pain is more of psychological issue i think. Relax, and dun tense up the muscles.

paperplane opps, so that sotong and super ex gynae is a he.. Which area was he in? Will ask my friend not to go there! no biz for him, so irresponsible and black market!

blueblue, u mean you check with OPK still cannot get the +ve sign? Me also duno when I O. I already started to BD in between CD14 till CD18. Actually wanted to BD on CD20 or 21 but we stop already because my DH said he very tired. Those few nites he slept very early like 9pm - 10pm. In fact he slept early during some of days between my CD15-18, is me who go and "disturb" him. Then I felt that I very "cheap" like that.. like disturbing him for his bullet and like making bb is my biz.. I dun want to miss the boat, even so i dun want to miss my chance of having bb.

It's already my CD23 today, I have the feeling that my O was CD20 - 22, if so I would have miss it coz I had slight EWCM the day before and last night. Not alot but it come out by itself.

Tell u all also I go and measure my temp this morning,it's only 36.0 deg c, meaning i might not be preggy this time round, so disappointed. Disappointed with my DH also!!!

caitlyn, regarding the v scan thing, don't get phobia about it. Just treat it as some equipment. next time when you got preggy in the initiate stage, you must go through where they will do the same thing in order to detect the fetous and heartbeat also!

I hate the v-scan also but few months ago when i went for my pap test i do the u/s scan at the same time to check my womb due to my fibrod problem. I got pain every time AF come. Thought they are going to use the tummy scan, who knows they say cannot see must use v-scan! And tat thing was there for almost 20 mins, so angry!

BTW, I thought:

gynae = doctor who looks after women's health
obstetrcian = doctor who take care issue of childbirth
???

penguin
how come we both have the same O period and now today my temp oso 36.0. I tot maybe that means my O coming instead of not preggy...cos I haven detect O yet. Am I rite? I oso dun wan to miss the chance of conceiving. but no choice la...hee hee...it's fated...and God's gift. My hubby quite supportive. Din wan to stress him too much...I guess guys r like tat, if u talk abt it, they feel stressed, if u bo cha, they come n ka jiao you...so the trick is to pretend bo cha....ha ha, that's what I am doing now.
happy.gif

hi ladies...

pap smear not painful one lah! Never did v scan b4... sounds scary, but think its the best way to scan inside lor!
happy.gif

Hayashi, don't need so scared lah!! I'll be doing mine aft Labour Day! hee Think won't invest in the fertility monitor, me will spend the $$ to do IUI or something. ha ha..

minidaush, so u already have pet dog liao?? Me got 2 poms at home! hee... true, no kids will have more freedom &amp; $$, but I still want lah
happy.gif

Tis mth me got flu, BBT higher... now avg 36.6. Read fertility book, confirmed if sick, can bring BBT upwards one!

Penguin, think ur defn of gynae &amp; obstertrician correct
happy.gif
In Aus, my fren says she sees an obstertrician. In sg... we just generalise as gynae... heee

hayashi/lp2... the cyst tat I had was dermoid cyst... yes the one with TEETH &amp; HAIR. Not scary lah...
lol.gif
Its not recurring, so jus op to take out then ok liao!
happy.gif

louie
How long is the period from ur 1st appt with gynae to op day? I wan to estimate the day of the op.. must have xin li zhun bei first...

Hi Caitlyn

Based on penguin's explanation.... I saw that Dr Chua Yang is both Obstetrician &amp; gynaecologist... so think shld be able to deliver child...

Hi Penguin

It's only yr CD 23 leh... when is yr AF supposed to be due? a slight drop maybe means implantation dip? hard to say... so dun give up hope so fast...

blueblue u also 36.0 this morning? meaning we not yet O? Duno shld BD tonight or not to catch the last train for xmas/new yr 06 baby (if we still have the chances...)

You know what, I was 35.0degC 2 days ago, so perhaps i had O'ed liao..

very sad..
411096.gif

blueblue, ya lor my DH hor during my LH always come and ka-jiao me when I say I am tired and want to sleep early. Then come my fertile days, his turn to be lazy. That's why i say i am very disappointed with him and somex even very angry and argue / cold-war about ttc-g..

lp2, it was quite fast. From GP (co doc) to KKH (coz' i used my mum's gynae already familar wif him liao)... think everything was within 1 to 2 wks to admission for op.

No worries lah, everything will be v smooth
happy.gif

penguin - try no to be too stressed up over ttc-ing.. not very healthy for r/ship to argue/cold war over ttc-ing.. may have adverse effect.. my hb always has to remind me not to be so "obssessed" with bb making but to enjoy intimacy! haha

yuki/penguin, most gynaes do both. So far, never heard of one tat done deliever babies??! hee

Penguin, why cold war wif hubs leh? *pat pat* better to say things out then jus keep silent, resove NOTHING &amp; Qi for nothing also!! Aiyah, ML have to give &amp; take also... next time u give in althou u tired lah. So, when fertile period.. u can pester him bk also!! kekekek
biggrin.gif
If he's not really into TTC-ing, don't tell him its ur fertile period, just ML... he thinks u using him as baby fertilising machine isit?!

Oh ur temp 35 degree? Mine was ard 36.2 to 36.6 daily so I tot today dropped to 36.0 shld means "O"ing soon. but the OPK still neg.... sigh.
happy.gif

Yah i agree we cant be obessed with ttc, and forget abt the intimacy between hb and wife. Personally , i will also feel "sian" the purpose of love making become baby making.

actually it is not very healthy that our life is controlled by our cycle hor?

Hi Penguin

The term implantation dip is often used to refer to a luteal phase dip that occurs around the time of expected implantation (7-10 days past ovulation). While this pattern does not always result in pregnancy, the term is often used because of the timing of the dip and because this pattern appears with greater frequency on pregnancy charts than non-pregnancy charts. There are a couple of factors that may help to explain why this pattern appears with greater frequency on pregnancy charts.

The corpus luteum (which produces the heat inducing hormone, progesterone) normally peaks in its production of progesterone and then begins to recede around the middle of the luteal phase. In conception cycles, it is "rescued" when the embryo implants and then continues to produce progesterone until the placenta can take over hormone production.

Estrogen, in opposition to progesterone, has a lowering effect on temperatures. A secondary estrogen surge in the middle of the luteal phase may cause a temperature dip at this time. Indeed this may explain why this pattern also occurs on non-pregnant charts. Mid-luteal phase estrogen levels, however, have been found to be higher in conception cycles than non-conception cycles and this may also contribute to the greater frequency with which we see this pattern on pregnancy charts.
When you see a mid-luteal phase dip on your chart, however, it does not necessarily mean that you are pregnant. Likewise, you do not have to see this pattern to be pregnant. As long as you have intercourse in your fertile time, you have a chance to be pregnant with any ovulation pattern.

Louie, no lar, I'm not li hai as what you thought...if change career the job scope not much different only colleagues &amp; boss not the same ppl. I overtime no pay wan...what abt you?

Than I don't have cyst loh b'cos doing v-scan every now &amp; then. Touchwood! You mean your cyst grew teeth &amp; hair? That time my sis's removed her tumor don't know same as cyst or not hers as big as a human head...

My offical waking time not fix wan weekday 7.30am wkend 8plus &amp; sometimes later. Confusing
411157.gif
by the BBT thingy...my fertile days I can use opk to track O but during 2ww I need to keep track of my BBT mah...

Back