(2012/06) Jun 2012

Mission- don't give up on bf so fast if u really intend to bf. if ur engorgement is bad, try to squeeze or pump out alittle first to release the "engorged" feeling then let bb try to latch. When breasts r too super-engorged sometimes it's difficult for bb to latch properly. Let ur bb learn to latch a few times n he/she will get the hang of it n ur supply can come naturally. Which pump r u using? Mayb the suction isn't gd enough? Breastfeeding is really a wonderful feeling.

Nattan - glad u ve no prob bf ur bb. Keep it up! U can ask the nurses to feed bb fm using syringe, spoon or cup. May not necessary b bottle.

Thanks peeps for all the well wishes. Really very happy n surreal. Recovery is really splendid. If not for my age, I might not mind going thru again. Hehee....

Mission, agree w cyn. U might want to try again. It's a very wonderful feeling for BF. I din pump at all but bb small eater n hv to be woken up to eat for just few mins. Slightly full now n scared of engorgement but since I only direct latch, the supply shud auto meet demand required I think. So supply shud slow down till she's ready. U cn consider no pumping first.

Nattan congrats!!!! Thankfully u had c sect! my boy was staying in nursery for 1wk plus w high jaundice. I had to visit daily too just to try latching while I pump at hm. After he's out took awhile to learn how to latch again but they will mk it if we persevere. Most imptly u do ur part to rest well first cos c sect really taxing on body. I was trying to do everything n din really rest. That was bad on hindsight as I took much longer to recover fully.

Glass me also no full mth celebration for #1 n dun plan to do so for #2. I just asked both sets of grandparents over for a potluck. Haha. But #1 I had a baby dedication close to 1.5mths. Really it's more for parents than the kid. Even for 1st yr birthday I also did it w extended family in same fashion but added cake cutting, games w kid as center of attention n pic taking to mk the afternoon more fun.

Actually after attending do many parties, even frens might find it a chore to come. :p

Hi mummies, I am looking for a nanny to take care of my 2 - 3 months old baby boy when I go back to work. Appreciate if anyone could recommend/ introduce a responsible and experienced nanny or ask their nanny if they have friends who are keen. I am looking at Bt Batok Central/ Bt Batok St 31/ CCK Central/ Bt Panjang/ Hume Ave areas. Please PM me or email at [email protected]

Hi nattan,

Congrats!! Don't worry too mUch about your baby. My baby also got readmitted to hosp for jaundice. He is under gd care. Most important now, take the change to have gd rest. If not when baby back u will be busy.

Liligal, so happy for u.. damn envious
happy.gif

I suay. Chris not ard when I popped.. but well, it's all over.. I'm nvr gonna have vbac in this lifetime le...
How was e feeling of delivery? Shiok?

Kadice, jiayou!

<font color="aa00aa">Wow! Quite a number of new "silent readers" &amp; births. Welcome &amp; congrats!

I'm not doing 1st month celebration. Guess I will just send some cakes or vouchers to my office, neighbours &amp; relatives.</font>

Hello, my turn to post my birth story after the insane first few days. Edd was 30th June but I had bloody show on 25th June. Was really sick and down with heavy flu then, so din expect to go into labor. Anyway I thought I burst my water bag during my nap as there was water coming out. Rushed to shower and noticed bloody show on pad. Immd call hubby to come back and send me to hospital. I was still in denial.

Reached KKH around 6pm, was 4cm dilated. Admitted into labor ward. Gynea broke my water bag at 7pm. It's scary how the water soaked the whole bed. Even my gynea was shocked. Contractions kicked in thereafter and I quickly request for epi. Got my epi around 8+, and I was in happy lala land thereafter. Even VE don't hurt at all. Reached full dilation at 1am and gynea came to start delivery process. My son was born at 1.25am.

The only problem I faced was I did not take much food due to my flu. Drank too much water while in labor ward which resulted in vomitting post delivery. It was a terrible feeling...I was shivering and vomitting so badly that I din even want to look at my son. Thank God I felt better an hour later and hugged my son for the first time. Reached ward at 4am and was so weak and tired that I fainted in toilet when trying to do my first pee. Luckily nurses were around to help me...I din even know how I ended up on the toilet floor.

Things got better after that trauma and I was discharged on wed. I am really glad I chose KKH and Prof Han to be my gynea. Overall was a smooth process and the single bed ward is really very comfy. Nurses were nice as well. I'll surely go back there for my 2nd pregnancy...till then, it's feeding and milk frenzy!

Thanks petrina. Just visited him today &amp; scheduled to be admitted to hospital on next Tue to induce. He would be away this weekend, have to pray that nothing happens these 2 days!

Liligal, how was ur induce process? He said cannot inject epidural upon admission,must insert tablet first. How many cm dilated then he allows for epidural? He was telling me some ppl take very long to dilate so cannot administer epidural too soon. Haiz

Jus did my ctg, had 4 contractions over a matter of few min, abt every 6min one. Doc did VE n said cervix is v short Liao, I could b in labour anytime, even tonight! But she told nurses to arrange for Tmr morning, so Tmr I ve to admit at 6am. This Notti boy dont want to wait till 6th jul! I spoke to the senior nurse abt the mini tummy tuck, she said my Gynae doesn't do n don't encourage also, she worry abt complications. So jus now I see my Gynae expression look v serious when she told me she isnt happy with my ctg test result n ve, said I could b in labour anytime n worry abt my old csec wound under pressure, so see her so serious I also dare not ask abt the tummy tuck since everything now seem so last
Min! Anyway my priority is bb n my well being, tonight ve to make sure all is ready in house for bb arrival Also. So kan cheong now, so much to think abt. Suppose to go marketing Tmr somemore! Now veto get my sis or mum To help me Liao.

Cyn, they want u to go through contractions at home? Wat if u give birth anytime soon? Dilation can be quite fast too.

Don't worry abt aesthetic, bb welfare more impt. All the best for your delivery!

Kadice, we had the same Edd. U hv no symptoms yet? Abt epi, after 4cm u can request. But not too late. If induce, have to wait for cervix to shorten first. All the best for ya delivery!

Hi Prettibride
I m from July mtb. Will be deliver in KKH as well.

Appreciate u can share with me which A1 package u signed up? Classic or premiere? How much is yr hospital cost?
What will KKH provide?

Please pm me. Tks.

Prettibride - my contractions currently no pain yet. No dilation also yet. So the contractions r not "real" labour contractions yet. Those with pain only considered "real" labour. So if I ve any of the 3 signs of "real" labour anytime (1. Waterbag burst 2. "show" 3. Close n regular contractions with pain) then I need to admit right away. For now, no need yet. But doc was saying my contractions being so regular jus now, she say it could develop into "real" ones with pain anytime fr tonight onwards so she scheduled for csec Tmr.

No worries Prettibride! Just read your birth story.. Wah! V eventful ehs! Hope you are doing fine nw wor!!

Jia you cyn! Hope you see your Bb soon!!

Kadice, Oh manz.. not dilated enuff can't use epi? Then y e stupid glen nurses keep selling me e product?
Lol... I wasn't even 4cm dilated...
I'm so sore that Chris wasn't ard!! Argh... super hatez.. I gotta stop thinking abt my birth experience.. going crazy soon.

Kadice, u ask too early then if it runs out before u give birth, have to use another dose, more costly. So wait till u really need it.

Tea, have pm-ed u.

Cyn, y u need csec?can't natural?

Pet, maybe u too grouchy that day..the nurses thot u in pain. Lol...

Hi all, the good news is that I managed to bring home baby today! It's a miracle that the jaundice went from 200+ to almost nothing overnight. I was so tired and sad the night before I just drifted in and out of sleep, then overslept. I had wanted to wake up to pump more bm to bring to PEH to feed him. By then, I missed the feeding time and felt quite bad. Fortunately when we called the nursery, we were told we can bring him home so I was over the moon!

It's been quite crazy trying to adjust to having baby at home, feeding him and changing his diapers myself for the first time, but overall I think we did great
happy.gif
Seeing his happy face makes me forget all my tiredness.

Kadice, all the best for your induction next Tue! Have a smooth delivery!

cyn, all the best for your c-sec tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be fine and you'll get to enjoy your baby soon!
happy.gif

petrina..the nurses kept selling u ah..i think i would be the one asking, haha. So did they charge u cheaper since chris not around? he mentioned that he would not allow to let you push for so long if he is around..anyway, dun think about it, it has passed &amp; now both baby &amp; you are well
happy.gif

prettibride, one of my frens took at 2cm, but she dilated quite fast thereafter, so still ok..haiz, this kind really case to case basis hor. nobody knows...

Kadice, it's up to u then. But first few cm really not that painful. Pain comes in from 4cm onwards. For my case, I nearly had to take 2nd dose due to timing and I am already dilating quite fast. Rather save the $ for my son's toys etc.

Prettibride - my 1st 2 deliveries also csec, so 3rd one no choice but csec. 1st one op position, tried natural but unsuccessful then emergency csec, 2nd one was bb in transverse position n had early contractions with pain so again csec.

For epi, last time when I had my #1, I haven't dilate I already ask for epi bvos my contraction pains was unbearable after they induce.

Nattan- glad u can bring bb home

Anyone went thru 3 csec with all half body epi? (not ga). My doc advise me to go for ga this time bvos she said the procedure will take alittle longer since its the 3rd time n also will b more uncomfortable.

Thanks everyone for well wishes. My house is in panick mode for me n maid! Doing all clearing of things n getting things ready within tonight!! Thought I still ve 1 wk time! Wanted to cut hair next wk, go mktg Tmr, buy cloth to make pillowcase for my bb bean sprout pillow (since we search high n low dunno where we kept them last time), but now all can't Liao!

petrina, i think last time i took epi even tho i was 3cm dilated only. deps on the pain then. this time no pain leh.. even when contractions went up to 120+ on the monitor, it was just whole body tightening, no pain but super draining when it's off. then it comes again. it's only when i start thinking of epi then pain came even when it was only measuring at 60 on the monitor. on hindsight i was thinking how powerful the mind over body is. also maybe becos this time i was induced so in a way... a controlled environment. all the membrane sweeps din worked.

yah also agree with kadice that if chris around, he might persuade you to cut earlier and u might not get to try so hard.

kadice, the nurses din allow me to go for epi when i was 3cm this time round.. dunno why. this filippino nurse kept saying usually around 5-6cm then can. not sure if delivery suite not available or wat. they took very very long to get me in on epi. but last time i had show and went into delivery suite straight away. then i requested and they gave.

all the best to mummies who are inducing or going for c-sect soon! joy of having baby outside you is definitely better than having him/her inside... personal opinion since day 1! hahahah..

liligal, you only had one tablet? chris was saying if not dilation might have to put another one. maybe different nurses different.. want to check, did they keep doing VE check after they placed the tablet or only use CTG to monitor contractions?

prettibride, true la..if can tahan, save the $ better. see how.

thanks nattan!

Cyn, all the best for tmr!
happy.gif

Cyn, Jia you! Soon you will be holding the baby in your arms. dont worry about the logistics cos everything will fall in place by themselves.

Nattan : happie for you that baby is going home sweet home with you I oso find that all tiredness is worthwhile if we see baby smiling heheee

I was so tired yesterday settle people from open net to install the tins, then went on to settle some full month stuffs. yeah such that I slept thru from 11pm to 3am. I know baby cry for milk n CL gave it to her. Hahaha I know all night duties are on me after CL left.

Wow liligal u did it heheee everything according to what you want leh...

Jus wondering how come after so many days, my lochia flow turns more ? Anyone got such experience? When lochia will stop huh?

Great news Nattan!! You've just took a big leap to motherhood! More late nights to come and more diaper changing and more... Hahaaa! This silly boy can keep pooping while I change him! Poop, change, haven't touch the sticky tapes to put diaper in place, poop again, change AGAIN:..

Sunbelle
Lochia lasts anything from 2 plus wks to a month odd.. Depending on individual..

Mummies, my boy has flaky skin.. Is it normal? Too dry? I slather on moisturizer for him already.. Doesn't seem to be improving =(

Have you all place names for cc/playgrp/nursery? I think by nw places like St James have a wait list alr, considering dragon yr.. During tiger yr, fren was on waitlist in july

Morning ladies... I survived the first night with baby in the house!
happy.gif
Hehe..

It was quite a crazy schedule, feeding, cleaning after him, coaxing him to sleep... My boy has a funny habit of doing things in 2 parts! He latches on 1 breast, feeds about 20-40min, dozes off, then wakes after 10-30min and wants to latch again. I can't really go to sleep when he's demanding to be fed again.

hopecg, my son also poo/pee quite fast after changing.. quite irritating leh.. I changed him after 1 poo, then after less than 30min need to change again! And he's very fussy about pee. The diaper isn't totally soaked yet, he also needs to change.. =.= Hubby and I are only getting 1hr sleep in between these feed/change cycles. But I have to commend my hubby for his efforts to coax our boy to sleep cos he likes to be cuddled before feeding and after changing :p

Re flaky skin, yes it's normal..my son's hands are also peeling. It's not dry skin, it's just old skin sloughing off as he grows.

Sunbelle, if you tbf, you'll find that the lochia is on and off... mine is quite light now at day 6, but after feeding, sometimes I'll see a big clot as the uterus contracts during letdown and expels the clots. Should become much lighter after about 2-4 weeks.

Hi ladies

I'm still waiting for my csec, no rm avail yet do waiting at delivery ward. Keep hearing bb first cries in the other rm, felt envious for those mummies.

Lochia - some confinement food will make ur lochia come out more. Like ginseng, Korean Ginseng n one more I can't remember what but these 3 my Gynae suggest to stay away during Confinemt as she say it cause unnecessary excessive bleeding. Black fungus can also make ur clot come out but it's ok to take.

Bb poo n pee - its like that Le; they poo n pee v often bcos bf mah. Gd enuf if they didn't shoot into u ! My #1 last time always pee suddenly while changing n Kena the face of the caregiver n ever shot his poo so strong that it reach the wall. So what we do is once we open diaper, b4 changing new one, we protect ourselves with the soil diaper partially holding up n make the "SH SH" sound to make him pee more n if he jus poo, we hold up his legs n make the poo poo sound to make him poo more then only clean n change new diapers.

Dry flaky skin on legs is normal, apply lotion a few times a day ESP after bath.. Don't peel them.

Morning ladies,

Haven't log on the past 2 days cos very pek chek with my postpartum rash - really tests my patience dealing with myself.!!

Anyway, I have gone back for my gyn checkup to remove my c sec dressing. All looks fine and my next visit will be in 6 weeks' time for pap smear.

Gyn says the rash is due to hormones - nothing much she can do but to give me medication to handle the itch and apply cream. Since the CL is still around, I have no choice but to apply the cream at night and then wash off in the morning (esp those on my arms area since I want to carry my girl during the day) to apply calamine lotion instead.

MIL says I can start taking tonics and chicken now. So had to drink the black chicken tonic soup last evening plus red dates water whole day, my tummy felt like a washing machine with all the liquid squishing inside. LOL! And I tried eating chicken cooked with DOM - yikes, it really tastes so sweet. Very odd. :p

Anyway - am glad it's the weekend cos hub is at home. YAY!

Nattan

Glad to know your boy is back at home!
happy.gif
Thank god the jaundice went down.

How are you guys settling your food? Did u order those confinment tingkat?

Cyn

Which hosp are you in? Roughly what time is your scheduled op?

Good luck for your op. Have a good rest when you are done.
happy.gif

Sunbelle

My lochia flow slowed down a lot the past few days then dunno why yesterday came back slightly more than usual. Maybe cos I went to the hosp to see doc and do birth cert registration so was walking around for a couple of hours outside and didn't get to take a short afternoon nap. Last night I was also tired and couldn't tong till midnight for my last pump - end up oversleeping till 3am and I crawled up to pump. :p

Diaper changes

Tell me about it man, they run through diapers so quickly! Must keep an eye out for gmarket diapers offer again. I am using those Pampers NB which I bought from Gmarket the last time. But I only bought 8 packets - will move on to size S diapers prob by next month.

Hi Ssmilezz, your rash must be quite bad.. poor thing! BTW, I'm not sure if eating chicken is a good idea since many people claim that it can cause itchiness? If you tried and it makes your rash worse, than switch to pork or other meat ya?

Food-wise for me, I didn't get a tingkat service. I'm eating a mix of outside food (usually econ mixed vege rice) and hubby's cooking. I just make sure I have lots of fish, vege and pork, as well as red dates tea.

Sunbelle, yeah thx. Everything that i wanted. Hehee
Confinement also fun n enjoyable so far. Baby also more or less on 2-3hr schedule n doesn't fuss that much so far (4days only). Resting well in fact. Just that I dun really enjoy CL's cooking n my one pile is driving me nuts. Painkillers r my best frens now.

Hopecg, really that bad for play group now?!

On poo n peeing, haha it's true. Everytime she's changed she poos or pees again! Eat halfway will poo big time then after she sometimes not interested to continue feeding. Ahhhh... But it's still fun. Haha when its ur CL doing the changing. Hehee

Hi, I need some advice if I should keep or let my confinement lady go...

1) I was induced on 12 june n My hubby called the confinement lady to inform her I will b delivering anytime. She replied by asking my husband to call her again when we are going to be discharged then she come. Mi n bb were discharged on 15 jun n my hubby called her on 15 jun morning. She say we should have called earlier n she can only reach 16 jun afternoon/evening. (she is from malacca n we are puzzled why she need more than a day to reach sg). End up hubby got to cook for me on 15 jun n 16 jun. My parents in law from Penang reach sg earlier than her even. When she arrived, she say she doin voluntary work on 15 jun so cannot come in. Husband n i not very happy cos we already call her few days earlier to tell her I m delivering n yet she did come ASAP n push the blame to husband for not calling her earlier.

2) She complain abt everything.. Complain bath tub too big, ask to buy small basin to shower baby, complain hanky too thick not soft, complain house small, toilet small, kitchen small n start telling us how big is her house in malacca. My hubby n parents in law will ask her every morning what food to buy to cook n thy will go buy. She complained how come never ask for more plastic bags to separate meat n how come never ask chicken seller chop the chicken into pcs, complain abt fish they buy not the one she talk abt. She asked for kaya so my husband buy for her. Then she complained kaya too sweet, should buy this brand kaya got write xo on the cap. She even complained my mum bringing so much pepper when my mum only bring 2 pig stomach for her to cook. She complained milk warmer difficult to use. Every time we got to heat up milk on our own then she feed the baby.

3) She dun cook longan red dates water everyday.. She cook black water or red bean water or white fungus water for those days she dun cook longan red dates water. If I can't finish the water, she keep overnight n being first time mum I will juz drink without asking it's ok. She will also pour leftover water into mineral water containers n keep in fridge. When I questioned her, she say my husband wan to drink n then she say she herself wan to drink.. She even commented if not becos I got massage, she also dun wan to cook longan red date water everyday.

4) She fried ginger slices n put them in uncapped container n put inside the kitchen cupboard. It seems so unhygienic. I dun even know if any lizard droppings or other insects will go inside the container. She fried sliced meat with ginger n put into capped container n leave them overnight. The next day, I found the capped container in the fridge. When I asked her, she say the meat half cooked only, coffee shop n zi char shop all do like that.. She say will cook again with vegetables. I ask my mum abt this n my mum say she must b lazy to separate the meat out n cook more times, so cook more me at one go. I even found a cook book inside the kitchen cupboard!

5) She loves to go shopping.. She ask my mum in law go walk walk at pasar malam! We bring her to the mall yesterday cos baby is in hospital for jaundice n we need to do some errands n buy diapers. While we do errands, she went shopping on her own. We go into supermarket buy diapers n stuff, she say she wan go walk walk. When we q up to pay n ask if she need anything, then she say need to buy pork ribs. I was pissed n told her why dun say earlier, she say can buy tomoro also. She thought we gg to bring her out everyday to shop around..

6) We bought kidneys n liver from supermarket. She juz put everything into the fridge without looking what are they. When I ask my mum then I know need to put kidneys soaked in water n not in freezer compartment. So I told her say how come never checked. She say she dunno we will buy kidney. I tell her she dun wan to go shopping with us at least got to see what we buy then out in fridge. She unhappy n complained to my mum n even threatened us can pay her salary she will leave lo..

7) She loves to keep talking n boast abt how fantastic her cooking is. My mum in law taste her cooking n say dun even taste like confinement food. She uses a lot of cooking oil. She finished my half bottle 1llitre oil n finish a brand new bottle of 1litre n asked my husband buy more. I have 4-5 bottle of sesame oil n she use very little which I dunno y n ask my husband buy vege oyster sauce n abalone sauce..

8) For first 1 week plus, she had a gd sleep without needing to wake up at night to feed baby. Then we decided to get her help at night feed or carry baby if baby cry or awake at night. She complained say breast milk difficult, can alternate formula milk at night for easy feed. Once I wake her at 6am cos baby cried, she get unhappy n fedup n say should let baby sleep with her easier- fyi, baby sleep in our room with us. She say if baby cried abit n we wake up n wake her up then dun need sleep already..

After so much things happen in just 2 weeks, I m thinking of letting her go. No point keepin her n got to keep close supervision on her in case she bear grudges n ill treat or do something bad to baby.. My mum n husband say juz tolerate for another 2 weeks.. What should I do?? Any advise..??

Hi Smilez,

My rashes gone cos I apply skin cream n use not so hot water to bath the itchy areas. Cos itchy areas tend to worsen with hot water.

Hi Nattan, good to hear that u are coping well.jus to share that GPLS website has lots of confinement receipes . U might wan to see them
happy.gif

Hi Jenny, I will let her go if i m u. Cos if she is not helping with night feeds what is the point of keeping her. I oso pissed off with mine until I have a heart to heart talk with her n we meet our views n agree on tins. Not easy process but I m very sure now we win her over. yeah u definitely can cope with ur mum around. cos takes a while to get baby pattern. Mi oso observe my baby pattern so more or less can get baby pattern. yeah still learning.

My CL takes charge of all nite feeding n wake up. I will wake up few times to take a look or pump milk only. now I trust her. yeah urs is really terrible cos adding more stress. Is yours agency? Change another one

I have collegues whom contributed $20 instead of the normal $8 which vast majority contributed. yeah so thinking what I k give back to those whom contributed $20 lor heheee...

My guestlist for full month grew to 130 according to my hubby. Dunno why his side relatives so many people more than 50. I actually very sian cos original wanted a small cosy one hahaa dunno why expand to this scale. Then his sis also came every weekend to our house. last weekend both days they are here. Now also here. I wanted to sleep early but cannot. very tiring cos usually if no visitor I will go sleep now. tot is bei zi tong. sign....

jenny, personal opinion, from what i read, it sounded like u want her to be out as soon as possible. key is once she's gone do you need extra support and is that available? if u think u can survive and not have to stress over this, perhaps you can let her go and enjoy ur last 2 weeks of confinement. if extra hand is really needed and no other willing help is available, 2 weeks is actually not a very long time.

Yeah I jus told them I very tired so need to go sleep Liao cos I bei tahan leh. yeah cos need to wake up again later middle of the night again. Hmmhmm not sure whether hormones are playing me out now.

liligal
those popular ones i guess.. i only know the kua zhang one is st james cos colleague experienced it herself.. and of cos the nanyang kindy which was in the news

jenny
i think by typing all that out, you already have the mind to let her go? do wad u think is best for yourself and your bb.. after all, you are paying her.. it's a service that she should provide

nattan/cyn
yup thanks! i will just continue to butter him w more lotions then =) hope the flaky skins go away! i thought it was eczema!!

Nattan

Rem to take lots of fluids and drink soup (if you boil on your own). It will help you recover faster.
happy.gif

Sunbelle

Yeah, I also apply the cream on my rashes now and try to stay cool. But in the morning, I wash my entire arms cos I want to make sure the cream doesn't gana my girl. Hopefully, the rash will get better over the next few days. I hope it can heal before my CL goes man. Cos by then , I need to handle my baby myself, the last time I want to be bothered with is a horrid itchy rash.

I just confirmed my catering for full month and ordered the cakes today. We are expecting around 80 guests. One thing settled at least.

How come your hub's sister so not pai sei? stay till so late?!! I had two groups of visitors today too. My SIL's in laws as well as my own sister. So didn't get to rest in the afternoon. Quite tired. Tomo I think there are another 2 groups of people coming to visit but all family la...

Going to do my last pump for the night and get some rest soon.

Jenny

Based on what you shared with us, seems like you have already been tolerating and it's the last straw for you. If she's really making you so miserable and not much help with the baby nor around the house, no point keeping her. Personally, I'm very anal about food preparation - I don't want to end up having tummy ache or food poisoning. Similarly, she has to be good with the baby cos this is the main reason why I need a CL. If she cannot fulfill that basic criteria, I will not keep her. CL should be here to help you and not cause you more trouble and pain for all the money you are paying.

Hope you make a decision soon and will at least feel happier.

Mummies,

I need some advise. I could not post in FB as scared my sister might See my post. My mum blow my baby ear dry as she say there is water in the ear. My hubby don't think it's right and should not do so as it harm the baby ear drum, but my mum
Is sensitive and I don't know how to tell her not to. And she will ask me let others take care since I don't trust the way she do. And now after my full month today, I also dunno how to adjust my baby. I do confinement at my mum place and my mum say should not bring baby back till around 4 months. But I stay with in law and it's not nice not to go back, my hubby also not used to stay mum place. Mum say ask me stay her place and hubby go back, but it's not healthy for relationship. I have a son and my son is from previous relation and all along mum take care, so I can't separate the sibiling. Haiz my mum also say can't let baby sleep air con but hubby say ok to let baby sleep air con. Cause when I go back, we will sleep in air con room. I am so headache and don't know what's the best way to do.

Joanne, ur mil take care after u go work? If so, pls go back in law plc after confinement. Husband n wife shld stay together..
If ur mom take care, her house no a/c then bb no slp a/c is fine.
If u bring bb home then where ur bbs slp is not up to ur mom right?
Ur boy from previous relationship is taken care by mom. Do u intend to let mil take care with baby or mom? No particular need for siblings to stay together 24/7. Some kids r weekend babies.

Jenny just ask her to go. Its pointless if u feel so stressed up when u r suppose to rest. Since you are already taking care of .bb on you own what is the difference? Since you mum and .mil can help a bit enlist their help for your meals or order? Being happy and stress free I think is more impt

Joanne
I agree with Petrina . If in laws are going to take care of .bb when u go back to work, u shld go back. Let them get use to handle bb and bb to get use to the environment. I also agree that your relationship with your hubby maybe affected if separated. Mil also may not be happy. You have to be firm.

Try to talk to your mum. If I am in your shoes, I will let mum know directly. Maybe I am always very direct with my family. If you can't maybe u can say it's doctor who says cannot blow into the ear?

Petrina my mil can't help me take care as she got another grandchild to take care. And we not so gd relation cause from the start she don't accept me. My mum Hse got air con but she say baby sleep air con not good then my hubby also don't agree but he keep quiet. I thought of bringing everyday back to in law place at night then morning bring to mum when I work. But in law say baby must come back before 8pm she also traditional type. Nowadays how to really come home before 8pm. I in insurance line so no maternity leave, I can go back work anytime. And evening usually got appt quite hard for me. Then I got to bring elder son back as well
happy.gif
then now my mum complain say I love this daughter more than my son, haiz. But still she is my mum. She help me take care of my elder son since young and give me a lot of support, and still help me with confinement.
I thought of trying to bring baby back to in law if I can before 8pm then take care myself. At least mum can rest. Humm thanks mummies for replying! Ya our fb group is it private and others can't see? Hee..

joanne, ya u can use tilsa's reason..either say that doctor/nurse says or u read from book/ internet that cannot blow into ear. at least she would feel upset since she is sensitive..
as for bring child back or leave with mum, did u discuss with ur hubby, maybe he has his views on it too?

Hi Smilez,

you can use QV brand cream cos i latter my skin a lot with these and the rashes gone. so u wan to give it a try.

oh yes, confirmed is my hormones last nite cos coupled with tiredness from the several visitors hor..then so tired and then hor mind go hay wire hahahahhaa

Smilez, what cakes are u ordering huh? hehehe
happy.gif

Joanne : i will be more tactful when speaking to mum about it cos is a bit sensitive. u can use tins like during your prenatal class, your teacher say this and that lor hahahha
happy.gif
hehee

Hi cyn,

hope you are recovering well ...yeah how is everything huh?

hi tilsa : have u selected your PD huh?

hi hopecg : have you started trying to bath your baby huh? my hubby is trying to learn the art of bathing todae hehe see see only we all hahaa
happy.gif

hey kadice, great minds tink alike leh hehe
happy.gif
use these kind of excuses at least not so hurting lor i feel..

Nattan and Petrina : how are you all coping huh?

got one question funny leh..how come my right breast only yield 20ml milk while my left hor gave up to 100ml huh? should they be balanced huh?

hehehe

Back