(2011/11) Nov 2011

Diapers for newborn: I used nepia last time but will chg to pamper n c how. I feel the tape of nepia is not good for the baby skin or maybe my boy moved too much. Starry is huggies good? I chg the diaper on every 3 hrs so my boy don't get the rashes. I like destini diaper cream n my boy is still using it now. Can prepare calandula cream n baby vicks too. Will b handy if required. U can also chk up yr nearby pd. So can bring the baby to the pd 1st if not too serious. Did not know how to manage my boy cord n it get slightly infected in the 1st wk. Lucky that time only need to walk to a nearby pd.

Can prepare a small tin of fm too. My milk supply only increase in the 2nd mth. So it is good to hv fm so u don't feel so exhausted. For those want to hv tbf n hv cl can focus on pumping more so the supply will increase faster.

twink, i bout the drawer abt 2-3 mths ago. Toyogo is good too...my sil bout some too..

wow shjean, u had a vy long list. i dont remember i bout so many items....

Littlebb, i used avent nipple cream

Bluedream, Mt A using huggies for all new born so i just follow and its cheaper compare to the most of the brand...but im trying Goon NB which i bout at motherhood exhibition. Destini is good for bb rashes...highly recommend for bb rash. I bout bb vicks but i dont find it vy useful but it's gd to standby one.

Cloth Diaper:

Another brand is bumwear which i bout for #1 but hv not use it yet...

http://www.bumwear.com/shopping/clothdiaper/diaper-index.html

bluedream/littlebb, both of u sleep quite late or if not wake up so early wor..Shld sleep early so bb will follow suit...easier to take care. Not sure if it true, but it works for my friends..

Shjean, wow that's a long list to be prepared... i better record it down hehe...

Me too at my 21st week and had been feeling my baby moving inside, the feeling is really amazing!

Littlebb, how do you know when your bb turn? till now i still can't differentiate :")

Shjean/ little bb, it will be more amazing when u and ur hb can actually see and feel bb movement later part... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

berrypie, my problem with nepia is the tape too hard, and it kind of make my boy waist red. Think will buy one pack huggies nb n try too. Mt A last time use pamper nb for my boy.

BB vicks used when my boy running nose getting better, mostly when he sleep, so he can sleep better.

Sleep: always wake up n cannot sleep.. so will surf the net. :p My boy sleep habits is by training fr when he was 3 mths using the methods fr gina ford n tracy hogg. So far so good.. He sleeps ard 7+pm every night. Just hope no.2 will not disturb his sleep.

Janice, just print out and tick the list.. Need to prepare hospital bag early as don't know when baby will pop.

BlueDream, thanks for the advice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Will print out and slowly prepare them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bluedream, heard abt gina & tracy hogg method but i din get the books..i self train my boy when he was 4mth, initially, sleep at 7.30pm wakeup at 6am..but nowadays he sleep at 9 or 9.30pm, wake up at 7 or 8am.. and if we hv night activities, he will sleep in the car then i had problem putting him to sleep..will drag till past midnight...sign...

Bb vicks, i normally apply on the chest, back and foot. I din apply it on the nose wor..

Janice-Cant really feel my bb turning..I mean sometimes i can feel him kicking at the sides of my tummy then after awhile will go to the other side of my tummy then suddenly go to my lower tummy and kicked non stop.So i think he is turning here and there esp when using the babyplus.

Berrypie-Ya i sleep quite late.Im used to it..Morever my husband working london hours so sometimes when he came back i will wakeup then will cut some fruits for him,surf net then go back to sleep again.

Hi berrypie

What is the gina ford n tracy hogg's book are you talking about. Seems like many people are talking about it but have no idea what is it about. Seems interesting.

Care to share more?

janice/huishan/littlebb, my package cheap ah? i also duno cuz my fren's fren pass me her contact as she is freelance mdm nadia 81004091. mine dont have breast massage. i ask her abt the baby masage she say baby massage not confirm can do because have to see baby mood but she will teach me how to massage baby.

Littlebb, wow how do u now if ur bb is twisting inside?? hehe. i only know funny feeling but not exactly kicks. Is that twisting inside? sometimes i get funnyfeeling when i play babyplus. and other time got no reaction. haha.. maybe 1 or 2 kick only. this babyplus seem to use up battery very fast. i only replace new ones few days ago and now got low batt sign. or should i be using better battery. hee.. i use those $1 for 4 type.

shJean, yes feeling the baby is really wonderful! thanks for the detail listing of qty items! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Berrypie, think my boy knows what to expect so he will guai guai go bed after bath. When we go dinner, he sleep ard 10pm n when back just need to powder n chg him. Think he is too tired to play so mostly will sleep. at one stage he will delay his sleep time by asking me to read more book or the book again. But I limit the no. of books.

Rebeana, the books r abt training baby to a routine so baby can sleep better. U can borrow fr nlb n read.

Hi again ladies! Woww, looks like many of us are in our 21 weeks already! Have you all had your detailed scans? How many girls/boys? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm having a girl...Anyone else? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Twink: I agree the battery is running out very fast!! Grr!! Thinking of buying rechargable batteries...But it's nice to feel baby excited during BabyPlus sessions! Do you faithfully do twice a day for an hour each time?

The rest of you sound like experienced mums! Really concerned about the sleeping schedules man!

Dear All, the 2 lists I posted are from my relatives. In fact, I have not prepared most of the things.

TO little bb: For nipple cream, I got no idea which brand to buy now. Will do some research and share with you all.

I did not buy the babyplus as I just got to know it.I am a bit slow [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I just try to talk to him and sing to him every night before I sleep. I start having some stretch marks and recently feel the tummy a bit itchy. I am using Palmer's cocoa butter massge cream (organic type).Not sure if it is effective or not.

Shjean-Me also have stretch marks now esp my backside.i just realise i start to have a dark line from my belly button to the private area.Anyone had experienced that already..Oh no im becoming very ugly.

What is the correct sleeping position?i used to be side sleeper but becoz my tummy getting bigger i just cant get the sleeping position right,i tossed and turned all night.

Twink, ya yr package is cheap cos mine cost me $700+ after discount some more. Hee... I oso can't differentiate it's kicking or punching or wat but d feeling is amazing. Anybody experience pulling n tummy tight tight?

Ent29, I had my detailed scan last week n yes! I'm also expecting a girl

Littlebb, my tummy oso very itchy n was asked not to scratch as will leave scratch mark. I'm using olive oil n my colleague told me she use Palmer cocoa butter n no scratch mark. Many recommend clarins too...

Best sleeping position is sleeping on d left side. Me too twist n turn cos will b uncomfortable juz sleeping in 1 side whole nite

Hi little bb . Me too! I got the dark line also and I think it is normal coz my cousin in law told me she got it oso. And I always feel tummy tight as well. Especially after meals , the feeling is like expanding my tummy skin very hard. I also try to sleep on d left side. It was suggested by many ppl but sometimes I will turn to another side . It is impossible to sleep on the same position whole night. I like the Palmer cocoa butter organic one . Now watsons have sale and it's about 27 bucks . Usual price is 30 over . I also know a lot of mummies use clarins . It is more ex but heard u can get cheaper one from Chinatown.

Janice , congratulations ! You can buy pretty clothes to dress up ur little princess soon[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Janice: Congrats! Hehe, now can go shopping! Soooo many cute girls' clothes! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Little_bb & Shjean: I think the dark line will fade, that one is not considered stretch mark I think...So don't worry too much, just keep applying our stretch mark creams as faithfully as we can! Heh...

Re: Sleeping Positions

My doc just told me that especially in the third trimester or when tummy gets bigger, better to sleep on the left, supported by a pillow because there is some major artery on the right side of our body which may be pressed on if we sleep on our right or on our backs. He said to help us stay in that position, can put bolster behind us lor...

ent29, i thought i was using lousy batteries thats why they run out fast! hee.. maybe i should buy energizer and see if it last longer. I try to play 2 time daily but i could never play 1hr full for the morning on wkdays cuz need to rush for work.

Janice, ya mb mine is freelance so prob cheaper than urs but i hope mine doesnt last min no show. OH i get sudden tight feeling lately! its really weird when suddenly feeling really hard like stone on one side and i can see the bulge! esp when i am lying on left than switch to right! most times is when i eat super full the tummy gets super tight too!

Little bb, the line on tummy normal n it will go away but mine is not so obvious yet. maybe when tummy gets bigger bah.

re:stretch mark cream

i bought the mustela cream since i preggy but til now too lazy to use it for more than 10 times cuz 1st trimester i didnt want to touch anywhere near my tummy cuz it was so sensitive and bloated. i think i should start using now.

my best position is left too! i do switch to right side sometimes for a short while cuz if not i will get stiff neck for sleeping too long on one side.

re:baby fair

anyone gg to bb fair tis wkend?

Ent29, ya ^^ I like gal too can hv many nice clothings

Twink, I think my package is also on the high side. Can see the bulge? Mine is always on the centre of my tummy.

Abt pillow. I bought 2 body pillows to put on right n left side. More comfy when sleeping

Twink: But when they put battery low, still like can play quite long. So far, the battery low sign has been out a while and I've been able to play it about 4 times and going...Have used for almost a month before battery low... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And I also rush to work, so only play for about 45 min in the morning! Hope it's okay!!

Hi Dear all,

I over stocked on my Desitin Creamy 6oz expiring Nov 2012 and hence would like to let go of some.

Please PM you are keen... thanks lots.

ent29, i find the sound like abit soft and slower when low batt for too long. so i normally use 1 or 2 more times only.

Janice, my bulge is at the lower abdomen sometimes when it feels really hard and tight. i wonder what the bb is doing inside at that time hee.. where did u buy ur body pillow? at first i was thinking of buying the dreamgenii but like quite ex. now it seels my current pillow big and bouncy does the job. so i use 1 for my leg and 1 for hugging at the tummy.

re:babyfair

i went yday nothing much.very small fair only. only thing i bought was 2 pair of booties socks and a bib for $10 and a $2 newborn bodysuit. found out abt cordlife too! are u mummies going to sign up with cord blood bank for ur babies?

Twink, u bought at robinson. It's a very long pillow.. I bought 2. Only microfiber cost 70+ after discount n the other normal @ $18+. Both same size different material

Hi SHJEAN,

What is the expiry date for the nipple cream? I have an existing one, but it never writes the expiry. Now not sure if I have to buy again or use the existing one.

When I gave birth to my 1st son in KKH, I didn't bring much things for the delivery leh. Most things was given to the hospital. I just bring myself, admission to hospital proof, some toiletries and necessities, clothings for both bb and me, baby's towel, mittens & booties.

Going Thailand soon. Really hope not so chaotic out there.

Just like to ask those experienced mummies out there....

Do u ever buy disposable bibs for your baby before? Is it good? Heard that it is ex & not so worth it compared to buying plastic or waterproof bibs.

hihi mommies! i'm having a bit of monday blues.. wishing weekend were longer. haha!

quite a number of you ladies went to the fair huh? i saw someone posted online the playpens. looks gd and cheap. hope you all managed to grab some good deals. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: nipple cream

actually no need to buy. best 'medication' for sore/cracked nipples is use your own colostrum/breastmilk! squeeze a bit out after every feed and rub around nipples and areola then leave it to dry up. the best i have know is the lansinoh nipple cream. really good and 1 tube can really last you your entire bfing career. BUT, it is very thick and i realize my girl always had a hard time latching on properly due to the nipple being 'slippery' with the cream + baby's saliva. and she always had her mouth sticky on the sides after bfing. it's hard to remove with tissue/cloth too. so in the end, i used a couple of days and stopped. :p

re: sleeping position

best position for pregnancy is on the left side as recommended by experts. but i like being on my back sometimes! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and i will have numbness in my right hand if i maintain that position for too long.

ent29, twink,

i used the cheapo battery and lasted only 1 couple of weeks. should use energizer. last for months! hee hee!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

twink,

i didn't sign up for cordlife for my first and second one won't also. hubby and i did consider for a long long time plus we did our own research. and still, we find a lot of controversies over this cordlife thing...

firstly, the cord blood can only be stored in 2 batches. if (touchwood!) a baby is found to have some form of illness and doctors think that the cordblood MAY (there's no 100% guarantee) help cure it, the cordblood is taken out to be tested and used. once it is thawed, cannot re-freeze. if succeed, that's the best. if not, the baby has only a bag of cordblood left to use. i feel that for the amount parents are paying, 2 bags of cordblood is really very little.

secondly, i've found out that you cannot use your own cordblood for certain illnesses/diseases, esp genetic ones. you may have to use someone else's from the public cordblood bank. that's why a lot of mummies actually made the option to donate their baby's cordblood instead. (thinking of doing this too.)

thirdly, this cordblood research still has a long long way to go... saw news on tv last year that researchers still find a lot of queries with the safety of cordblood usage. i don't know why they say this, but it sounded like no one can be 101% sure that cordblood is really that 'miraculous', can cure all the illnesses/diseases stated on the brochure.

finally, my hubby is a conservative man in this area. he will buy all the necessary insurances to cover his family, but with cordblood it sounds all too 'new' to him.

i hope i don't sound like i'm anti-cordblood. heh heh! i'm not. just sharing my point of view. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] like you, i was very very confused for many months to bank or not to bank. in the end, hubby and i chose not to as we ourselves don't have the in confidence in this type of service.

shirley,

i'm considering disposable bib when my girl starts to eat more advanced solids and can dine with us outside. for now, no... it's not worth it 'cos she drools a lot and disposables can't absorb the wetness. i'm still relying very much on hankies!

i remember i was VERY kiasu and packed a lot to the hospital. wahahhaaa!! packed like machiam going for holiday. :p but luckily i brought along extra PJ's and nursing cloths 'cos i was there for 5D4N staycation. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] does KKH allow you to wear their gowns thru out?? Mt A nurses asked me to change out of their gown the next day and told me to wear my own le.

Ooh..i long time never log in here.

For cordblood, i didnt store my no 1 cordblood.

I find the price doesnt equal the amount.

Instead, i donated to the public cord blood bank.

As for bibs, the disposable ones are not worth it.

Costs a lot more.

The best bib i ever used for drools n saliva is from mum 2 mum wonder bib.

It can really absorb n will prevent neck rash.

Think bebe et maman is selling them.

Very worth to get when they having sale.

For meals outside, i got the kiddopotamus bib that comes with food catcher.

Very useful.

After the meal, i just go washroom n rinse out the bib, dry with tissue n good to go.

Durable, used it for years n can be roll up to bring around in your bag easily.

lynzi,

where did you get the kiddopotamus bib from? i saw some on BP before but i don't think they are kiddopotamus ones and they look rigid.

starry,

I think I'll drop the idea of disposable bibs for now as I scared spending that amount might end up my boy can easily pull out, then it's not worth it anymore. Hankie is very useful. Normally, I will let him wear the cotton bib and wet the hankie before starting to feed. Anyone has been to IKEA? Yesterday seems to surf the net and found that the restaurant did provide free disposable bibs. Not sure if that is true.

Last time, I attended the course at KKH and they only mentioned very little necessities to bring over. So, I didn't pack much. Luckily coz they gave me a big bag of freebies and booklet. KKH nurse never mention abt asking me to change out of their gown leh. But might also because I only stay there for 1 night. I asked for discharge the next day coz couldn't sleep the whole night as I slept in a 4 bedder, I'm a light sleeper, day time KKH was having renovation (a lot of drilling noise) and there is always a nurse coming in the room very often (either to let mum nurse the baby or some different requests from patients).

lynzi,

Mum 2 mum wonder bib is super ex leh. I was tempted to buy coz it seems very good, but end up dropped the idea. Where do u get the kiddopotamus bib? Does it secure well? Is it heavy? I bought kiddopotamus placemat and it is really very good. Can save the trouble of wiping the table and can catch crumbs well.....hehe.

little bb,

enjoy your detailed scan! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] update us okay?

shirley,

i saw those disposable bibs on sale at kiddy palace. not cheap.. few pcs in the pack already few dollars. if feed outside then get a small wet bag and dump all the dirty/soiled feeding accessories and hankies inside bah.

I used to get the kiddopotamus ones from bp.

The lady lived near my area.

Now she no longer selling so i bought from metro when they have 20% storewide sale.

It does look bit rigid but after few uses the rubber gets softer.

Shirley,

yah its quite ex.

Thats why i only buy when got sale.

Bebe et maman has sale twice a year n they will usually update me thru email.

starry,

Will get from my mum the plastic bibs. Those cotton bibs or cotton with plastic backings might consider but see how my boy respond to plastic bibs first. Reason y I did ever consider abt disposable ones are that I don't really wish to do much washing when travelling overseas. Already did lots of washing every weekend liao. Hehehe... maybe I'm just a plain lazy mama. But disposable bibs price I think turned me off plus my son might pull it off at his age.

lynzi,

I wonder how much Metro sells for kiddopotamus bibs? Hmm... anyway, will try out the plastic ones bought from my mum first. Last time she bought a few, but I gave back to her as my boy doesn't like it. But thinking of trying again and see how.

lynzi,

I wonder how much Metro sells for kiddopotamus bibs? Hmm... anyway, will try out the plastic ones bought from my mum first. Last time she bought a few, but I gave back to her as my boy doesn't like it. But thinking of trying again and see how.

Hi mummies,

Hope everyone enjoy their weeked :D

Re: plastic bibs

I bout mine fm combi, so far so good. Its comes with the food catcher too.

Re: Massage lady

I had booked my previous massage lady. She massage my breast when i had a vy bad engorement, very nice lady and her charges is cheap at $35/hr. I engaged 5 sessions with her last time but din really lost much weight, perhaps will try 10 sessions this time round.

Shirley, I think foam bath should be okay? I got from Sephora, and can't remember the name, but I bought the pink one and it smells like white musk from BodyShop...Super like the smell, and it foams up a lot! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Berrypie: Wah, where did you get her from? I think 10 sessions would be just nice...So each session is 1 hour?

ent29, yes each session is 1hr. Actually it was recommanded by one of the mummies SMH sep2009. If you are interested i can pm you the contact but i not sure abt her skill as i din compare with others..I hv another contact which is $50 for 2hr but i think she only service those mummies in the east. ..

Thanks, Berrypie...I shall ask my sister in law first. But I remember my sis in law one was like $800 for 10 sessions!!! An hour per session...So much more ex!

ent29, i think perhaps its depend on their services/skill...like starry's massage lady got hot stone compress for breast & breast message..some offers bb massage in their package.

I think lavender oil is not good for pregnant woman is it? How about lavender bath? Marks & Spencer got many different floral scents, so will consider going there to buy. Otherwise maybe I consider other floral bubble bath foam instead.

ent29,

Ever considered Sephora, but I think maybe not many branches around. Actually was thinking of buying cheap and nice ones. Coz my home doesn't have bath tub, so only use during the holiday trip. So far, I think Marks & Spencer should be reasonable.

berrypie, mine package cost $800+ for 7 massage + 2 breast massage and 1 hot compress. I think they give 2 session of baby massage too, but i can't remember already.

janice, oh! thats not too expensive. i tink i havent been to robinson to check out the body pillow. any particular brand for this pillow? i tried asking from taka before. they have quite limited pillows one is just a wedge type. one of the brand tempur has this latex pillow just for the back and it cost $150+.

starry,wow i didnt really google much abt this cord blood thing problem. its like an insurance that we do not want to use but still duno if want to get or not cuz its really not cheap and its not 100% usable also. we are still reading up and deciding.

Back