(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hv been quite breathless n panting when talking excitedly n describing stuff. Sometimes lie on side , boobs somewhat squashed also like cannot breathe like that.

Strangely lying on my back feels relaxed now...

Fantastar: the shop opp bugis temple sells things in bulk right? I think cap dun need alot becos of weather. Maybe buy 1 or 2 at Taka since u going there. No point going back to bugis.

Snuppy: where is ur baby sleeping if u sell away ur playpen? If u hv a baby cot in the room then the playplen maybe can put in the living rm for baby to sleep or lie down during daytime? This is what I intend to do too... Cot in the baby room, playpen in the living room.. So that the baby can breathe freshair in the daytime by sleeping playpen in the livng rm and enjoy aircon at night in the baby room's baby cot

I know many mummies hv mentioned abt using disposable panties during confinement and I also intend to use it cos not comfortable to ask Confinement Lady to wash panties for me.

All these while, my personal habit is to handwash my panties separately from all other clothes and I dun wash them in the washing machine for hygiene purpose. But as my bump grows by the day, I find it more and more tedious to sit down and wash my panties even though I'm sitting on the toilet entrance ledge. Somemore our panties are always dirty everday with the white discharge that comes with pregnancy.. Really had the urge to switch to disposable panties now instead of during confinement period. So fedup washing my panties just now...

Morning to all.

My colleague just came back from maternity leave and she advised me not to buy breast pump til after birth Coz some babies do not like breast milk. Her kid doesn't, that's y she give fm. I've not heard of babies not liking breast milk b4.

Anyone read/hear anything like this b4?

karen: you are right; me going down to taka baby fair tomorrow and check out .. me intending to wear disposable panties few weeks prior EDD - too tired to be washing my lingerie with a big tummy ..

sweetsnow

maybe bb was given fm too early & bb is clever they know that from bottle is faster don't need to work so hard to get milk.

so far never hear that bb don't like bm. some may not be good in sucking but they are ok with bm in bottle. they only don't like fozen one but are ok with fresh one. bm taste sweet also.

creamdonut

i feel bb's hiccups too but i find it rather irritating oops haha! i tot by e time bb grows bigger it has lesser space to move? whole stomach still will move arh?

Fantastar,

Ya i'm gg tmr after work, hoping to get great deals !!! muahahaha..

Karenyeo,

I was thinking if able to sell, then i will buy a secure sleeper for baby to sleep beside me at night, hubby will be sleeping on the floor hahaha. day-time, i will put a mattress in living room for him to roll here and there, but hubby afraid bb will roll and crawl everywhere T,T hahha... his thinking sometime is off

if playpen cannot sell, then my elder brother has offer to switch rooms with me, which is also good (but i have to sit at void deck to wait) cos they shifting beds and stuff.

that time my hubby shifted my bed abit, my parents already made a lot of noise, wonder what will happen if they realised we are secretly doing shifting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pre-registration

when for my routine checkup at NUH and the doctor told the nurse I need to do pre-registration so I juz did it. it was more like financial counselling, the nurse will advise u on the package available, wat happens if yr baby needs to stay at NICU, how to downgrade if something really happen.

wat's FBI/SBI? the nurse juz gave me a bag after she finished talking n I signed on the document. she said inside is some freebies.

disposable panty

I have been using pantyliner so that I dun have to wash my panty so hard nowadays. ya.. bought disposable panty, will be bringing it to hospital.

weight

ya loh. i thot it was normal to gain 10-15kg.. haiz. but the weird thing is I am still only taking 3 meals a day, the same amt of food. so I really dunno how I gain 10kg within 20 weeks.. haha. maybe shld cut down on desserts on weekends when I m back to my parents' place, the supermarket is juz downstairs n make it so convenient to go down n get sweet stuffs to satisfy my cravings.

snuppy

is so nice of your brother to make the offer.

I would think is better to keep the playpen, when bb is older, know how to crawl everywhere, it will be good to confine him in there cos can't be following him everywhere. quite tiring.

hi happymomo

30 weeks. so that u can juz make yr way to the delivery room when u r in labour n can skip the paperwork ba. the nurse gave me a document and advise me to bring it when i m in labour. no payment is required to be make during pre-registration but she will informed u of the deposit amt to be placed on admission. HTH.

Hi, sorry to disturb you.

Do you interested for Red rice wine for your confinement cooking?

It is an traditional Chinese alcoholic drink made from fermenting glutinous rice and it is very healthy and nutritious. Most ladies are taking Glutinous rice wine to built up resistant and good health after birth during confinement.

if interested pls PM me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

disposable panty

I'm wearing panty liners, otherwise discharge will soak through to my clothes... so its ok to throw panty in the wash. Karen, you'll be wearing pads for at least 3 weeks after delivery anyway, so can stick to your usual and wash your panty in the machine right?

Date: 31 July 2011 (Sunday)

Time: 1230 - 330pm

Venue: Lenas @ Nex (there is a very small area for kids, a table n some toys)

Confirmed Attendees-

- Rox, hubby, my gal

- Eliz, hubby, my gal

- Jas, hubby, princess

- Sopdav, son

- Joanna (luv), hubby, son

- Yvonne, hubby, my gal

- Susan,hubby,my gal

- Irene, hubby,son

- Reina, hubby n 2 kids...

I only have jas's number... Pls sms me ur no to 90992007, thanks

Thanks Fantastar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm going into week 29 now and starting to feel nausea again. Any other mummies feeling the same?

Super breathless too.

All these give me sleepless nights. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Winnie,

Thanks!! . ya heng my kor voluntary arbor really don't know how,

To all:

I am very excited about tmr Taka's fair, hope it will not disappoint us, because we (busy mummies) don't have much time to shop!!!

One Piece rompers:

guess what i just realised new born infant not suitable to wear (one piece rompers), according to my friend (experienced mama), she said their neck and head very fragile, hence it's better to buy those button front/kimono type..

and guess what i ONLY bought ONE button top, the rest are One-piece rompers.. initially didnt thought of how am i suppose to put it on for bb..

today this thought suddenly struck me !!!!

Today bb like very quiet.... zzz.... active I also worry... quiet I also worry.... really "养儿一百岁,长忧九十九"...

Jinnous,

I also feel so, somemore morning my hubby scared me from behind.. then i froze.. he is CRAZY hahaha..

i wonder does it frighten the bb as well.. haha

I realised when we are young, we didnt think far, as we are gg to be MAMA, will tend to think a lot.. is this so called the growing up process?

seems like alot of mummies have done the pre-registration.. I have not received any documents for the pre-registration.

Just to check with mummies who are registering at Thomson, how do you go about doing it? Do we need to wait till we receive the documents from them before we can register or we can just go to the registration counter like that?

snuppy: you can go shopping while waiting for them to do the shifting =p

you will just have to support baby's neck when you put on the romper .. i am opposite of you; i only got 1 romper so far .. the rest all button/kimono type ..

jinnous and snuppy: was worried this morning as i realized baby was unusual inactive yesterday night, and was using stethoscope this morning to listen to his movements/heartbeat .. luckily he kicked away the stethoscope .. and then, he started to be very active the whole of today, as if knowing my worries ..

finally understand parenting is not as easy .. felt guilty that i always argue with my mum in the past =p

Snuppy: My mum told me to buy separates Coz if bb wet herself then just change the top or bottom. If romper need to change whole piece.

I Oso got all my bb clothes from bugis... Shen Kwong

Esther: I'm also delivering at TMC. I din get any preregistration form leh

my hubby dun wan to go to the taka fair. said we had gotten all the stuff, dun go n waste money.. haha.

i took care of my bro when he was young so i knew abt the difficulty of wearing romper when u r young so all the rompers i gotten r for 6 months onwards. my mum only bought 3 kimono top but will be washing everyday plus others hand me down so shld be enuf ba.

I m trying to control my diet now, to prevent gaining more weight. my hubby said he will diet with me too but the thing is, he is so skinny liao, diet somemore dunno will faint anot. haha

I with TMC

clinic gave me ward booking form so I fill in after hospital tour n just hand to reg counter. The pre- reg form received by post to be returned. Most info just particulars n hb particulars.

gilera: yupz; taking ML earlier serves no purpose to me - 1) waiting in anxiety for baby's arrival 2) work will pile up and will still have to clear it when I go back after my ML 3) bitterness before sweetness -> ML can be utilized fully with baby at a later stage; planning to take approximately 2 months or so then take 1 or 2 days every mon or fri to keep baby company ..

i intend to take 1 week before EDD or hopefully doctor can give me MC/HL 1 week before EDD so that I can wait at home. can slp n rest more at home. if not, I will most probably request to work from home.

creamdonut

eh serious whole tummy will shake when bb hiccup but e hiccup i feel is so mild now.. actually i notice if my bb hit too hard my whole tummy will shake too n it's quite funny haha!

Vomit

i dun exactly feel nausea nowadays but i still vomit-like having natural instinct to 'get rid' of e acidic juice, think it's indigestion..

ML

im still thinking to take a wk b4 EDD or take last min-ie on e day of delivery.. but i heard 1 wk b4 quite ok as i've heard most of my fren pop ard 2 wk b4 their EDD except for 1 pop 1 wk aft EDD.. im clearing my lve as n when now so still not too bad

Sweetsnow, Esther: my clinic did the ward booking for me during my last gynae visit, then ard 3weeks later I received the Pre-registration fr TMC. Hv u both done the booking thru ur gynae?

ML: When I was having my elder one and still working, I didn't want to waste the ML coz thought of fully utilize it for my boy after his born, so what I did was to get my gynae to issue me HL one week b4 my EDD thought of doing final tidying in the end I popped on the 2nd day of my HL.

So I would actually prefer taking 1week b4 EDD coz by then we will be so lazy and IRS like dragging our feet to work.

Karen > nope I have not done the booking through my gynae, will check with them on my next check up then. Thank you.

When I delivered my elder one, I didn't know can do pre-registeration in the end my HB gotta run all over the place to get all the things done.

Up till now have not got the hiccup feeling yet, but can feel tummy getting tighter so sometimes when baby kick will feel the pain and dunno whether is the leg or the hand protruding out. But I'm definitely going to enjoy this moment and feeling. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back