(2011/10) Oct 2011

Gilera, that's the cash upfront you need to pay lor.

If you want to pay the loan installments, add $100 to the agent fee. Quite standard cos the insurance itself is almost $300 already. Then the medical tests & English tests also $$$.

For monthly, it's the salary (range from $370 - 500) + $170 levy (for those with 1 kid or 1 elderly at home; if kid not born yet, it's $295 levy & you can apply to change to $170 after bb is born).

Not to mention adhoc stuff like medical check up every 6mths, when you maid fall sick, etc.

I make my maid take multi vits & loads of fruits so she won't fall sick easily. So far so good. She only had a tooth problem which we brought her to dentist to extract that tooth for $50.

& cos I'm quite anal about food hygiene, I make her go for a lot of vaccinations also (typhoid, hepatitis, etc etc).

Must remember: Happy & healthy maid can look after the house & kids better :D

I bring my maid out for meals with us & we let her order anything she wants & she sits with us to eat (sometimes she gotta eat first cos we take turns to look after my boy). If we go out without her, we will tabao something nice back for her :D

Hi Jinous,

sad to heard ur SIL like this [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I get my mum to come over my hse to take care my no. 1 and she go bk on weekends. It a nice arrangement, weekend she can rest and go play marjong. Mum is always the best.

Discuss with her and see what u can work out!

Hi guys... my sil said she dun wan bb stuffs to be in her new hse...

Yeah... feeling very emo I think. I just cried talking to my colleague.

She never bother to ask me so what I wanna do. Which in the first place, I was still considering. And even if I wanna put my bb there, I will not ask maid to wash the clothes or diapers. My bb is not there to stay till weekend. I will bring the stuffs back to wash.

I felt so hurt cuz I treat her as my sis. And she want me to talk to mum myself... she dun want to be involved. It was like always like this, I must be involved when it involves my mum.

I won't tell my mum cuz I know her character. She's the old-fashioned type and will sure scold my sil and then my sil will blame me. I only have 1 brother (whom I think I talked to his kid more than him) and I dun wanna my parents to be cuaght in btw.

But I might talk to my dad... when I'm feeling less emo. I'm so scared I'll cry when I talk to him. But I probably will leave out the hurting part... just say I'm not putting bb with them. Haiz... I'm thinking of asking my dad to write a will leh... haiz.... just to prevent things from going out of hand in future, like money and jewellery. Not that I want the money but it really makes me angry if I were to find out if my bro took all the money in future. I just feel they dun deserve it.

jgladys

may i noe which policy u bot n how much izzit per mth? cos i read tat they only cover max $5k, is tat right? wat happens to e policy aft 2 yrs of age if we have no claims?

jinnous

it's really up to ur mum to decide since she's ur mum n not hers.. i think u shld discuss wif ur mum n ask ur mum to tell her SIL directly tat she'll be taking care of ur bb then ur SIL is 'bo bian'

Jinnous, hv you sounded out your mum if she's willing to help you to TC of bb? Depending on your family dynamics, you hv to talk to your parents properly, with your brother present.

I know of many grandmas who go over to stay with their grandkids on weekdays, then weekends they are free to go their own stuff. Usually they are 'off' on Friday evenings once parents get back and will come back on Sunday night after dinner :D

This might be a good arrangement for you :D

BTW, just curious, your mum staying with your bro... the new condo is in your parent's names or your bro's name? Cos if it's technically your bro & SIL's house, then I feel should respect tt she doesn't want bb stuff in her house cos there's a sense of ownership also. But if it's your parent's house & she's just staying with them, I feel tt she has no say lor...

Good Morning Mummies,

Woaw hot sia.....

Jinnous,

what goes around come around ask your SIL beware of "KARMA"

hate such person, i thought only appear in TVB. who knows this person actually exists..

seriously if the house not under your bro's name then simply ask her to STFU man.. (pardon me)

sorry currently preggy, i cannot stand such personality.

sayang jinnous, not worth dropping your tears for such BXXXX.

then her maid in the house do what sia???

seduce your brother or hire her to sit at home ???

come on la.. it won't kill if the maid didn't complain and perhap you every month give her some allowance for washing bottles n clothing..

why she complains as though she is the maid in the house?

pardon for the crude language, too HOT!!

Jinnous

Is good that you see her realself now.

just ignore your SIL. If she don't want, she talk to your mum herself.

For me, I am not particular all bb cloth is machine wash.

1dog1rabbit... yes... precisely. The hse is theirs but my parents are selling the 5 room to finanace the condo. My dad paid part of the 5 room then transfer to my bro and sil.

I know what you mean, that I should respect since it's their hse but she could have done things in a different way. The msgs were really stark naked and hurting.

I told my hubby I feel like an unwanted child... like nobody loves me. And that my bro and I are just related cuz of blood that's all. No sibling love btw us.

I really cried when my hubby told me his sis willing to take unpaid leave to take care of her own kid if I give birth b4 school holidays. She said that's what siblings are for... you know how I felt... largi unloved and unwanted. My own bro and sil.

Snuppy, I also tot of giving maid some token if I put bb there. Thing is nobody gives me a chance to let me say what I'm planning, thinking. It's always about them. What about me?

Haiz... really sorry guys... I needed an outlet to vent my frustrations. Thanks for everyone's concerns!

Jinnous, ur mum also helping to take care of her kid? Maybe u can ask if ur mum is alright to go over to ur house over weekdays? U r so accomodating to your SIL.. But sometimes, u must stand up for yourself and not to get bullied. If this means that u gotta severe ties with the other person, at least u have seen thru her true colors.

Even own sis can be a BXXXX, not to mention outsiders... Dont be so upset, it will affect ur bb...No point wasting tears on such a person, not worth it!

Walao, no money still want to buy condo! Ur parents should keep their own HDB cos I doubt she will want to take care of ur parents when her kid grow up or when ur parents get older lor.... This kind of person, no heart de

Jinnous, so it's your parents who are financing the place but their names not in the property??? BAD MOVE. Serious. Talk to your dad about it. Cos if your SIL can say such nonsense to you, I won't be surprised if one day she kicks the old folks out & claims that the house is HERS.

I know what you mean by 'unwanted child in the family'. I'm in the middle. My bro is like the king cos only boy, my sis is the princess cos youngest (and large age gap, so all attention on her). I really struggled to make them notice me & make them respect me as a person.

You hv to talk to your parents, even if you cry in front of them, so be it. That's what your parents are for. Even if your bro is senseless & dun bother about u, your parents will help you.

During pregnancy the hormones will make you even more emotional than usual one. I also sometimes cry over nothing & my hubby will just sit there in shock.

Don't think too much. Just check out all possible arrangements & be open to them :D

Jinnous,

Don't feel sad, be happy cos many mummies here are giving you moral support, you just have to be mentally strong and speak up to them.

give yourself a chance to voice out your misery & let them understand what are you gg through.

morning mummies!

Jinnous, sorry to say but your SIL is really 'one kind'. Hope you're feeling better after last night. do air it out to ur dad/hubby/brother lo..? perhaps she should have voiced out her 'worries' in a friendlier way la.. preggy ladies tend to be more sensitive, esp to negative comments ma (i'm like that la).

bubblygeekypig, mine is PruFirstGift & PruMum2Be. My first installment is $420. for PruFirstGift', i opted for the lowest cat, $100 per mth. agent explained that the $300+ is for PruMum2Be, is to cover our life during our pregnancy. *touchwood. if i passed on then i guess hubby can claim. so for the 2nd mth onwards, i just need to pay $100 per mth for the whole insurance. after baby is born, we need to submit baby's details to agent, so he can change the policy name to baby's. it will become baby's life insurance at $100 per mth.

Sil are hard to live with. I also got SIL problems. Mine not married, worst. Few weeks ago, quarrelled bcos of an aircon. My room window aircon working but cant use bcos of the newly installed window grill. There was 2 days the weather was so hot, till midnight me n gal cant sleep at all.

So my hubby ask us sleep in with PIL, de window aircon there was bought by her but before she bought it last time she never ask us for permission plus electricity bill is paid by us. So she get to know we slept in there, she post in FB early morning "i bought is for me and them, not for you all". Bcos of the hot weather and sleepless night, i took leave to rest at home. Early morning c that post super angry, wanted to confront MIL but i leave it to HB. These arguements go on for few days.

Cant she understand a preg woman feels hotter than anyone else, plus her niece also. Shame on her lor! As a elder sis, as a aunt!

Lucky for me, my r/s with inlaws are good.

Jinnous

*HUGS* I understand how u feel..

Talk to ur parents, voice everything out. Is ur own parents will be easier to talk to rather than inlaws. Ur parents have a share in that flat.

Jasmine, yucks. Your SIL is disgustingly childish. So your hubby scold her?

I read/hear horror stories abt SILs, I also worried :p My bro getting married soon. Hope I won't be a monster SIL!!

1d1r

My HB dont want to talk to her. Straight talk to MIL. MIL told us that she scold SIL alr and ask her not to post anything. My HB super angry, he want her leave the house immediately but MIL ask us ren abt a year+ more she will move out.

how come SIL(s) got so many problem.. mine is future-SIL problematic. dont know when they BIL gonna marry her cause they just 'broke up', AGAIN.

But for the harmony, we really must 'ren'. :s

1d1r

they always dun get along de. hahaha!!! she going to buy flat with her dad. mum side son more, dad side daughter more. Finally i got peace.. just a year more to go, my children got more space too =D

jgladys.l

before i got married, my aunt noe we going to stay with inlaws with sil, she sae sure dun get along de. hahaa!

jasmine,

no la.. cant stand those ppl who just do work blindly and when i asked her for the accuracy of the information , she say i have to go find out myself since im the 1 interested to know.

WTH!!!

jgladys

jus to chk wif u can i jus get PruFirstGift for my bb n is e claim limit to $5k if anything happen (touchwood). So this can be my bb's life insurance if i dun have any claims? (keep fingers crossed)

jas, my mum also told me, 'xiang jian hao, tong zhu nan'. lucky for me my MIL is quite understanding in this sense. dont show obvious favouritism (cause she got 3 DIL so to speak). only the future-SIL creating unwanted problems. so im also looking forward to my bto to be ready.. would feel more at ease at my own place.

vivi chill! oct will come before u know it. im also thinking of moving on to somewhere after my ML..

bubblygeekypig, ur qns too cheem. ;p sorry i dont have an answer for that.. cause i a bit kiasu.. so i bought both. didnt check with agent if i can just buy one. if we pass on *touchwood, ya the claim is only 5k. no matter what the insurance will be transferred to baby once born.. this is from my understanding of the policy la. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jgladys

no prob at least clear some of my doubts thanx [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] probably shld chk wif e agent 1st b4 deciding whether to buy..

haha also waiting for ML to move on to elsewhere.. by right i plan to move on 1st who noe...

vivi

cool it lunchtime soon.. another few mths to 'dong'

vivi

sometimes jus e tot of coming to work n going back during rush hr really sucks... CBD area v crowded n still got ppl wanna snatch seats from me as my tummy still not tat noticeable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jinnous,

jiayou! don't think about your silly sil. There are lots of people like her. Mine isn't much better. The important thing now is to concentrate, concentrate on your precious baby. All other matters secondary. Be happy for your baby and for yourself. If nobody look after, can look for other options like IFC, nanny etc. Sure will find a way. Could be more tiring or even more time consuming and troublesome but in the end it will be all worth it because its for your baby. Ignore her. My sil is a nasty lady. I was branded infertile, etc etc and endured her crude remarks etc for years. Now that I am finally pregnant, she isn't happy too. No words to congradulate. I was quite affected too but i told myself, with all the mummies encouragement and advice from the forum, I don't need her at all. I can depend on myself and hubby and get advice from friends in the forum. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Be happy. One more day to weekend!

vivi : my tummy is big because i am badly bloaded from medication etc. I stand in mrt from woodlands to city hall many times watching people fake sleep or reading their books, newspapers and magazines. Kind soul tough to find. hahaha. I always think, our Government say we have world class public transport and we are suppose to be gracious society and i can laugh. sigh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Roxanne, 1d1r : tell you. these days mil can be scared of dil ones if the dil are very shrewd. For my side, my sil took over the masterbedroom and spare room eventho the flat is not in her name. my inlaws got to sleep in the smallest room and use the common toilet. because my mil is worried she will lose her eldest son if they raise objections and get them to move out. so knowing such sentiments, my dil is actually the queen of the house. smart hor? and you are right too, expect her to care for them when they are sick, don't even think about it. all she is interested is sponging off my in laws and building up her bank account for investment. its selfish lah. but i was told only such selfish and self serving people get richer because they know how to maximise their own interest! wow. now i know what new value systems are considered smart.

pofy, must have been difficult for u before u were pregnant. so mean of her! u're all part of the family afterall ma. u all live together?

tummy: mine still small.. so its natural that people think its my tummy fats? though overall i've put on some extra flesh on my face. its chubbier now.

genesis28

it's ok thanx [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] as i alr have an agent wif Prudential but jus need to find out more b4 i give a call to them..

seats:

e last time ard my 3rd mth i seated at e reserved seat then someone wave v hard at me cos i was reading papers... this lady waving hard at me ask me to give up my seat for another preg lady but i was thinking im preg too (thou really cant tell).. so i tell this lady:"Actually im preg too" then she apologise n i jus con'd reading papers!! it's jus so squeezy n ppl keep banging on my bag whenever they walk pass me so irritating!

pofy

u stay at woodlands? u can alight at yishun to grab a seat in an empty train. i always do that, no choice, no ppl want to give up seats.

Ginn Cai

Welcome back!

hi mummies!

jinnous,

what a nasty SIL!! this kind of thing also can do? very horrid woman. she's like taking your place for a dumpster or what? get rid of bb stuff and tell you not to let ur mum take care of your child?! talk to your parents again and persuade them not to sell the 5-room? really not worth it. it is still better that they have a property to their name and not sell off to finance "other people's" nest. what is really worst case scenario get kicked out from the condo when they are old or when your SIL has more kids and find the condo too small for everyone??

re: seats

forever the same problems.. i also take the red line after work and always so jammed! had to ask ppl to give up seats on a few occasions le, 'cos all act bz on their phones, suddenly fall asleep or newspaper purposely raise high high. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i realize the commuters will give up seats if you ask nicely.

vivi, pofy,

i also hate alighting at JE. last time always get body-slammed left and right. this time round i step on the feet of those who come too near. once i had hands to literally shove this indian guy when he tried to use his body to push me backwards.

ginn,

welcome back! how was ur trip?

good noon ladies!

Jinnous: Guess you should really talk to your mummy about what happened! Surely you are not an unwanted child! Staying a happy mum2b is v impt! Jiayou kz! =)

pofy: Hope you are feeling much better now though I know ya still on medication! I also had some preggy complication. Just hope my next appt will show some improvement! =D

vivi: Yar I understand the agony. Was just chatting with another mummy fren over lunch. Hardly any kind souls gave up seats and I get a seat mainly cause people just so happen to alight! *touch wood* haha~ cause typically after saying this, I wont be that lucky anymore... =P

Is anyone going to the Motherhood Exhibition 2011 @ Expo (2 Jun 2011 - 5 Jun 2011)? Any mummies bought stuffs from there or it's more budgeted to get from places like Cheong Choon Store?

starry, i like your description - "suddenly fall asleep". plus some will 'wake up' at their station, looking extremely refreshed.

bubblygeekypig, i just checked w my agent. for the claim, its actually 100k if we pass on before birth of baby. 5k is after birth of baby, cause the 100k insured amt will become baby's after his/her birth.

motherhood exhibition: i will be going! but havent decided on the date yet. should i be buying bottles if they are cheap? what are the things that i shld look out for, and what will be priced much cheaper than departmental stores?

I feel like sleeping T,T

nowadays cannot sleep well at night, cos have to lie on left side, not used to it.

alwys manage to sleep soundly only ard 3-4plus.

anyone also having this ?

jgladys

oh ok thanx thanx [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

snuppy

i'll wake up in e middle of e nite for toilet break n i'll be having dreams almost every nite since im preg.. waking up totally tired but no choice..

Oh, my trip was tiring.... almost every nite change hotel... n spend most of my time travelling in the coach....

It wasnt a very enjoyable trip.. Paris is not as romantic as i expected..... & the stupid tour leader set a F&E day on sunday in Paris where most of the shop are close... so i coulnt get any longchamp bag from the boutique..... only manage to buy in italy where it's not the boutique... it's those shops selling bags so it's slightly more x & the colour r not the recent trend.....

Switzerland is a very nice county, clean with fresh air & nice sencery, cooling.... *thumbs up*

Italy is worse.. the pple there r so rude... always visit churches, or places of interest.. n it's hot in italy... ard 28-30 degree expect there's cold wind blowing occcsionally....

Overall, not a good trip & the food sucks... mayb cos the package is cheaper so cant expected much...

u're welcome bubbly.

i have dreams too! very funny dreams. sometimes i'll have 2-3 dreams in a night. i find is especially difficult to fall back to sleep after my toilet break, plus my hubby's snores and teeth grinding... grrrrrr....

ginn, u must have walked a lot too, visiting the places of interest.

bighungrybear: me me!! I am also not used to sleeping on my sides, and I am having these 'pins and needles' sensation for these past 2 nights when I turned to my sides .. Think perhaps baby is pressing on my nerves ..

So touched when a man gave up his seat on the train when he saw me, but I am alighting ..

It's sad mothers always side son n dil. Daughters are the filial ones actually.

Boss also showing discrimination at work ever since knowing I preg. n hv posted all his nonsense before. Just waiting for ML n look for new job. It's a torture to pull myself to work every am. Hb also stress me not to push my luck else I get push out e door. Envy 9 pm show can quit job to rest preg at home.

Went to taka sale today. Bought One pump airpot foc one pour out flask(tiger). Also got a 3 container food warmer + foc 350 ml bring out flask.( zorishi: sp) Total after sale n member $111

Met one lady said food warmer no need sep containers since store porridge only. But took up e offer one.

Is the 350ml bring out flask too little?

Is 300 ml

good evening mummies…

Jinnous, sad to know of your problems with SIL. I think you should discuss with your mum about childcare issues cos I did the same thing when I was having childcare dilemma and my huge problem is now resolved. Remember, you should be enjoying your pregnancy - not getting uptight over such people!

vivi, chill and cool down… i'm also looking forward to October when i can finally take my well-deserved rest! now counting down to end of May where peak period will be so over!

re: MRT seats i give up looking for seats. thank goodness my station is the 2nd last so i can make a U-turn and get guaranteed seats…

welcome back Ginn! your tour leader's service was terrible… even though cheaper package but travelling to Europe is not considered budget either.

gilera, hah~ my boss still hasn't found a temp replacement for me, making me real physically tired at end of the day. i hope he finds 1 soon... i dunno whether 350ml is too little as every bb's food intake is different.

Tomorrow's the soft weekend. TGIF mummies and jiayou!

Back