(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

dewdew, thank you. She will not show her gums now. Her 1st teeth is still very small,just cut thru.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gwen really is water tank hoh, can drink so much water. Miss her leh, she is so cute[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

amuro, ah.. poor thing! I heard of experiences from friends how their infants refuses to poo out the hard stool, damn poor thing!

Leah refuses to drink water when we feed her during the weekend, during weekdays, MIL has no prob feeding her. =( Headache.

TenQ, 120ml of apple juice! That's alot! I hope he meant really diluted apple juice.

Juliana, I agree! I more worry when Leah didn't eat enough or didn't poo...

Stefie, yay! Alexis is out of the bo geh club liao! I was laughing at Leah this morning that she's still bo geh.. think she knows I'm laughing at her, she whined. =P

Ribena, maybe Leah has teeth liao cos Alexis shows no symptoms at all. Until I use wash cloth to clean her gums yesterday. Now need to worry about brushing her teeth liao... Ha!! ha!!

Stefie, hmm... I actually did suspect Leah might have tooth liao coz she has been having some odd behaviour like boo-ing for no reason, sticking out her tongue... I felt her gum with my fingers, still nothing. My MIL wants us to ask the doc during the next appt if Leah is lack of any vitamin or nutrients hence no tooth yet... =S haiz...

Ribena, Alexis teacher said she has been biting her fingers and when they feed her, the feel of her biting the spoon is different from before. Maybe Leah also like that.

Sian lor, not really lack of any vits or nutruents. It is time is not ripe yet. Why your MIL like that, bo liao comment, just ignore lah[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie, haizz.. yah lor. I think coz SIL's daughter's tooth popped at ard 4 mth, and she said old folks say by 9 mth should have tooth. This morning she also asked who are my friends are who always tell me what to feed, etc; young or old... etc. I told it's friends and their mothers who recommend what to feed.. if I tell her I got the information off you all and websites, she sure has more things to say. She also says cannot feed chicken to Leah wor.. sigh... I'm going to feed chicken to Leah anyway, minced and put in porridge, over the weekend.

Ribena, Alexis is already on chicken or fish in her porridge liao since 7th month. Her IFC fed her that cos Muslim certified mah, so no pork.

As long as Leah is growing well, just ignore her comment lah.

Now the sequence of 7th month sit, 8th month crawl, 9th month teething is not accurate liao lah, very old school leh.

hello mommies, i'm on MC today cos i'm nursing a bad flu that made me so lethargic that I can't drive to work.... Liz seems cranky, n I see signs of her sixth tooth coming out.

Stefie: Congrats to alexis first tooth!

thanks muddy. Take care, rest well and drink more water. Weather very siao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie, yah lor! No such sequence liao la.. if really stick to the old school saying, then SIL's daughter is not 'correct' also mah, coz her tooth popped at 4th mth! If really becoz of lack vitamins or nutrients according to her that's slowly down Leah's tooth popping out, it's her who is the cause. Pear cannot eat, apple cannot feed too much, chicken cannot feed, cereal not as good as porridge, ikan bilis cannot put in porridge, carrot Leah don't like, can only eat threadfin, etc etc etc. I ren her all becoz of her health, else long time ago no give face liao.

Ribena, just 1 phrase can push all her li you. "Everything in moderation" Weekend you feed chicken lor, just don't let her see lah.

Cereal is in fact better than porridge cos of the iron in it. Which baby needs now.

Ikan Bilis has calcium, good for baby.

Carrot/Apple/ Pear in moderation.

My sis said threadfin better cos it is easier to digest, cos can break up easier and good for heart. That's all.

Just do what you want on weekends. Weekday have to close 2 eyes lah. Sayang Sayang.

Stefie, lol! That's what I'm doing nowadays. Weekday close 2 eyes, weekend do what I want.

Muddy, rest more! The weather is making everyone sick... I'm down with alittle flu too, pop my usual flu med from doc, now better.

Afternoon Mummies,

Weekend is round the corner again. =)

I'm so sleepy today. Little R decided not to sleep from 1230-3am this morning. I tried and tired to put him to sleep but his eyes just look at me big big in the dark. Then at 5am he cry again. This time I was too tired to lift myself off the bed, so he cry till hubby woke to carry him. Fed him milk then passed him over to my mum. Then at 7am I had to wake to prepare for work. Like a zombie man... need to catch a wink soon. #_#

Lovebyte, ahh poor thing! I know how you feel, Leah went thru that phase too. Esp when she started to know how to pull herself up at the cot, she just refused to sleep at night! Prob wanted to play with us, or wanted to practice her new-found skill, or overstimulate cos of the new-found skill. Take care, mommy! =))

Lovebyte,

Same here.. Last nite i had to give leah pacifier, feed or pat her at 1.30, 2.00, 3.30, 4.30, 6.00, 7.00... I had no rest at all, sigh... Now feeling brain dead at work.

Hello mummies! Been long since I last posted. Was down with flu and fever. Bad weather.

Re: baby crawling

mummies whose babies have started crawling, do you use knee protectors? My boy crawls mainly on playmat but sometimes on the floor, wondering if it hurts or not for them or whether we must protect their skin?

Re: introducing solids

mummies, don't be stressed if your baby not keen on solids k? Just take it easy. My boy finally started on solids and I really tried with him for very very long. But milk is still their main source of nutrients. So jiayou, don't worry! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] same goes to baby milestones, don't need kan chiong, healthy baby can alr. My boy started his milestones late but slowly picked up. I realised that such things will happen naturally. Don't bother about other ppl's comments on our bubs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mommies,

my poor baby is having a very bad cough n he was coughing thru out the night n cldnt slp... he got the cough frm my #1 who is also sick. sian...

I rmbr someone shared a remedy for cough last time, something like boiling pear. can anyone share again pls?? so heartpain to hear the little one cough n cough his lungs out last nite n cldnt slp...

Btw, dunno y but I think my boy hates banana... I tried to give him twice alrdy n both times, he vomitted BIG time after just 1-2 spoons.

I tried giving him the gerber banana puree n also banana cereal n both times ended up wz him vomitting.

Oh! I need help on children's dentist!

I need to bring my #1 for a dental chk soon... cos his PD said his teeth are not growing well. Anyone knows of any dentist who're good with kids??

Debbie, my boy does not wear knee protectors cos I didn't even know there's such a thing till you mentioned. I suppose I'm a careless mummy.

Yurieve, my boy's cough took ard 5 days to clear even when I gave him medication. I heard from my friends that it usually take a week or so for their babies' cough to clear too. Let us know how long it takes to recover with the pear remedy.

yurieve, me too bringing my #1 to dentist...is located at city square clinic call Q&M City Square Branch

Bboy, I can't rmbr the remedy. Hopefully someone can rmbr n share so tat I can try it out.

Mango, u brgt ur girl there b4? When're u going? Let me know ur experience there pls!

debbie: I bought knee protectors for liz but never used them cos it won't fit into liz' chubby thighs.

Oshgosh: don't worry too much about leah's ability to eat solids. I started liz at 4mths on plain Bellamy's rice cereal, then to oatmeal n 4grain at 5months, and porridge at 5.5mths. While she was ok with d idea of eating, she wasn't adventurous with different flavours or textures, so she would refuse bananas, or pure veg purees. We persisted and now we know she likes fresh fruits n porridge or pasta cooked in certain manner.

Debbie, hope u feeling better alrdy ya. Yup nothing to worry on bb milestones. Like like Juliana also say feeding is more worrying. I hav knee protector for my girl but sometimes disnt wear also cos lazy. Haa.

Yurieve, my girl hates banana too! Hope ur bb will recover soon ya.

Poor oshgosh hope this weekend can catch up on ur sleep ya.

yurieve, nt yet gng to bring her in sept..

all mummies, njoy the long weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies

havent been reading/posting here since I started work as I find it a bit cumbersome to check via iphone.

Would like to get some advice on flight. For 8 hours flight (planning to go Oz end of the year) any idea if better to take a night flight to coincide with sleeping time or day flight?

Baby may be cranky and expect to get some nasty stares [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but trying to mininise that.

any experience to share?

stefie, wooo white pearly out? haha now sofie gg to have a hole. hehe...

bbriberna, 120ml of apple juice is those heinz or gerber type.

maybe i should try boiling the apple myself. but v lazy leh... haha

Hi

Off topic.

I am depressed. My dog still fighting to recover. It's really sad to see him like that. I changed his vet. Those Pet owners here, please do not send your dogs to mt pleasant. If my dog cannot recover, really wish can sue them. In the mean time, praying and hoping for miracle.

Solids

Belle has improved a little. More willing to open mouth. Still don't eat a lot. I read some of the babies here weight gain from 6 months is good. Belle slowed a lot. Think stagnant. Guess cos she not eating solids and sometimes distracted during milk feeds. Worrying....

Naps

Finally managed to get her to sleep in sarong. My back got chance to recover. But she likes human touch. Must sit with her and put hand on her if want her to sleep longer.

Yurieve

I recommend rmg dentist at one tampines. Dr lee hsien long. He super fatherly and gentle. Next time when belle older will bring to him. Most important is does a good job. A bit ex though.

Hi Samantha I used to have a cat for 21 years. Agree mt pleasant is a no no. U may like to go pet companion at balestier. My cat went to them and manage to have another happy 1.5 years... When mt pleasant vet was not encouraging

Bboy2010, no la you're not a careless mummy. Actually i only knew such things exist when i chance upon the singapore motherhood bulk purchase online shops. In fact, i still didn't buy them for my boy even though he is crawling. I think it's not a must la. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cherry, thanks for the concern! I'm almost fully recovered alr. Really felt sian when i fell sick. Hmm, maybe i will get the knee protectors for my boy to crawl on hard ground since he does that so often nowadays. Anyway i think Aly is of good weight so you don't worry so much that she's not eating much k? Got drink some milk can alr. My boy started solids late but also very heavy (9kg for 7.5mths).. even now, he doesn't eat a lot but there's marked improvemet. So milk most important.

Samantha, good to hear that Belle is starting to accept solids. Take it easy. My boy started with one or two mouths and then slowly increase. Do you feed her before feeding milk? I think for my boy, the best time to feed is about 30mins before his milk time, then he's not super super hungry so he can accept solids. Hope your dog will be fine.

Sam,

Oh no. Yes mt pleasant is not very good. They operated on my dog at least 4 times before they found the root cause.

Now I go to arvc at balestier. I hv a good experience there every time but they're very ex.

Hope yr dog recovers.

Gan, grumpus

Sigh, was with mt pleasant for more than 10 yrs. Had a cat and dog previously with them too. Tristed them but now, my dog paying the price. Now feel like they may have shorten my other pet's life. Anyway, I send my fog to arc at balestier. Now in icu. Really very upsetting. Hope can pull through for another few yrs. Yeah, very ex. Spend about 3k now. Should be more.

Debbie

Ya lor I also feed about 30-45min before next milk feed. Now thinking if I should add another meal cos her weight like stagnant. Solids help with weight gain ba???

Sam,

hope ur dog can pull through.. yes i also think mt pleasant not good.. both my dogs were put to sleep there cos the vets said no hope for them, now thinking back should hv brought for 2nd opinion..

anyway abt belle's weight, i remember she is of quite good weight now? so dun worry, they are not supposed to increase by a lot once they pass 6 mths.. most of their weight gain is during the 1st 6 mths.. u can use the baby weight percentile calculator to give u peace of mind.. to me, as long as bb is 50th percentile v good already.. unfortunately my girl is 25th percentile now, but i'm not too concerned cos my elder is off the chart (by which i mean less than 5 percentile).. sigh..

Oshgosh

I also hope my dog will make it. Later going to visit him. Sigh...

Belle was gaining well till maybe 6 months or so. Now like stagnant for weeks leh. Stuck at 9.1kg. Plus feel that she not drinking a lot. Maybe recently I very worrisome and stress which affect supply ba. Anyway, by a year old should eat 3 meals right? I really scared she not taking enough for growth. She not those kind that fuss for feed.

Playmat

By the way, I just receive the LG prime playmat. Really good and nice. I like it. Hubby see Liao say very good quality. Even my dad super niao also say very good. Finally can put belle on the floor without worrying she roll off bed...

sam: belle is of a good weight! Don't have to stress so much! My liz is prolly 8plus kg now only...

Mommies, this is a super embarrassing question to ask... Do you find that you start snoring since pregnancy? My hubs says that i've been snoring since I got pregnant, n now still snoring away in my sleep. he's been teasing me about it... So embarrassing. I wonder what caused me to snore...

Hi Debbie n Samantha,

I been passive reader. Jus gt to knw tat both of yr bb drink little. My bb is like tat too. He refuse to drink if milk is offer to him while he awake. Nw i hv no choice, ony feed him aft he fall aslp. Tiring cos must slowly n secretly insert teat into his mouth. He eat porridge twice a day. Ony abt 3-4tablespoon. Im v.sianz. Fren ask me chg FM but i hv nt done so cos my pd said all FM the same. Wat FM yrbb takin? My bb is drinkg similac nw. I realy duno wat to do.. Totally lost

But both of yr bb has v.gd weight. Mine ony 7.8kg n he is 7.5mth.

Oshkosh,

Wat yr bb weight?

2mini

I brought my son (6 months) to Tokyo (7 hours flight) and took an afternoon flight. Taking off was ok as I latched him. He fussed a couple of times during the journey when he wants to sleep. Landing can be hard cos the pressure on the ear can be uncomfortable. Try to latch or offer water/milk or suck on something may ease the uncomfortable feeling.

We took a midnight flight on return and it's so peaceful and easy for both me and my hubby. He slept all the way till landed.

HTHS

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Forgot to add

My mom taught me to put some ruyi oil on a piece of cloth. In the event our baby feel uncomfortable, let them smell n they will feel better. I mixed a bottle of water with gripe water too, to smooth him when he cry. Not forgetting to bring his favorite toys, 1-2 new toys and his lovey.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babe, actually for my case, my boy eats little but drinks moderately depending on mood. He drinks BM. Actually, how about requesting for a free sample of FM like friso. Friso is quite sweet. Some babies have different preference. They like a particular taste. Enfapro is not very sweet. Quite plain and some babies like that taste more. Strange but true. That happened to my two nephews who had different preference of FM. Nan Pro is widely acceptable but bear in mind that Nan pro 3 tend to have stronger fish oil smell. My nephew rejected it. So you try friso for your boy? Maybe it is tastier. How about feeding your boy the si shen fen brown rice by Moon Rabbit brand? I add into his milk and feed using super big teat initially when my boy refused to take solids. I heard some mummies secretly out a spoonful of fm powder into the cereal too just for additional nutrients. Don't worry k? If it still doesn't work, try to consult another PD for advice too

Samantha, hope ur dog will get well soon. I brought my cats to mt pleasant at sembawang but I only see one particular vet as he's good. Seen him for at least 10 yrs already. Maybe get a second opinion from another vet?

Hi

Suzysbear

thanks for the advice, shall book the night flight.

Shall try the ruyi oil too, hope other passengers dont complain.

Samantha,

hope your dog get well soon.

Samantha,

wowww ur girl v v good weight leh, why are you worried? i think u really hv nothing to worry about.. 9.1 kg prob 75 to 90th percentile already?

my bb 7.4kg at 7.5 mths.. and maybe this will make u feel better.. and i prob have post this many times.. my elder one is 10.4 kg at 27 months! so considering my girl is 20 months older than yours and only 1 kg heavier than yours, u can see tat u hv nothing to worry abt rite?

like wat other mummies here say, do give yourself some me-time.. think u're too hard on yourself, u need a break, or else really can go mad taking care of baby and dog 24/7..

Babe

My baby still on breastmilk. Not sure how much she drinks. I also stress when she dont drink properly. Her weight stagnant Liao.

Neko

The mt pleasant my dog went to also sembawang (springside). I think same vet. Senior vet there right? Dr K? Also with them for more than 10yrs. I have another dog and cat who passed on already.

I sent my dog to animal recovery centre at balestier for 2nd opinion. Now in icu. At least here, staff is better, treatment more holistic.

2mimi

Thanks. I also praying for the best.

Am thinking of buying insurance for my boy, any comments on the different type and agency offering the plan? I am looking at medical & saving for education.

moon_sky

thks so much for delivering e milk powder to me tis afternoon as its stl raining.

as for insurance, we bought frm AIA, e agent is vy gd,vy nice to tok to, we bought 3 ins frm her, intend to buy 1 one frm her aso...if u interested, i can recommend her to u. u can listen to wat she say den consider wan to buy or nt, she wldnt force ppl to buy if u nt interested. for me, i more concern abt a agent after-service, cos i hd a bad experience wif GE.

Oshkosh

Think just too overly anxious about my baby's growth cos weight stagnant for weeks. Like losing chubbiness. Maybe I just having the first-time-mommy-syndrome, so every detail also very particular.

My dog stays with my parents. That's why I feel sad cos this year I spend so little time with him. Really don't want to say goodbye.

Moon sky

My girl got prudential plans since birth. Got life plan and a education plan. Her education plan is pay for 15 yrs, but only mature at 18 or 20 (forgot which), and it gives higher returns. But they got the other normal kind of pay for 18 years kind but returns not as high.

Hi mummies

Haven had time to log in recently.. Was bz battling the viruses in the family.. All of us were down except for our helper *thank god!* lil Chloe juz managed to b better fr her blocked nose these 2days.. Before this, I was up wf her every nite and struggling wf few hrs of sleep at work... Even spent 2 nits wf her in the play yard since she din wana sleep.. Left her to play in there while I lie down beside her n catch my much needed rest haha handling sick kids n a sick hb is no fun!!

Re: friso

Anyone wants friso milk? I still got my sample wf me. If you want, can arrange for pick up fr my my sis's plc in sengkang [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Samantha- sorry to hear of your dog.. Hope it will b ok soon.. *hugz*

Muddypaws- I snored when I was preg but back to normal after delivery.. Or are u too fatigued that's y the snoring??

Hi mummies just like to check any of you bought the Lamaze worm or carter diaper bag? Saw it selling in the BP at $15 and $29. Wonder what's the feedback on it?

Btw dunno y Darius have been pooing a lot these 2 days. Yesterday was 4X and today 3 X... not very watery each time so not diarrohea but still too many times till his backside red red...think not so good also...

2mini

Dun think Passengers will complain cos unavoidable but flight attendants will be very kan cheong and will attend to you if your baby cry.

samantha: well our BUBS weight will remain stagnant and weight gain will reduce slowly as they are older especially after 6 mths and becoming 1 yr old cos they are getting more active burning the calories and energy

1st time mummies syndrome:

hee I can totally understand cos I was like you all before[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So cant blame the mummies here for being too gan cheong for your BUBS milestones and weightgain and compare wif one another...for me i really bochap for my #2 weight and milestone cos eventually he will catch up[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

think if you all were me will be panick :p cos my #1 weight gain was stagnant and slow and a late walker at 16 mths! :p ow she is an 11kg 29mth active toddler running ard and yakking away like a little adult which I count my blessing cos BUBS and toddlers active is good, bright and healthy!!

finally gng to my 1st paktor date wif my hubby after 8 mths!! cos he is not working on monday and my mum is off too so help me take care my boy,so looking fwd [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but after NDP, will be suffering of 20 days hm alone wif kiddos,boohooo...:p [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back