(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

ann: mine record is 3 days also..tt was on similac...my boy was cranky n uncomfy for 3 days n ended up i went GP to get him the pill n make him poo...after tt make him drink lots of ebm n latching on to overpower FM...now he on nan pro 1..everything goes ok..even whole day FM he still poos a few times per day..

serene: i can't confirm til a nearer date coz nt sure if hubby can come along also..

i brought bb out alot of times..to doc to kkh to mum place to shopping centre...sometimes with maid but ended up i still like 1 woman show coz the maid abit slow hand slow leg...scared to handle him rough...haiz..

AK, when u feed bb with ebm, she also vomit right after feed? Or when u burp then she vomit out everything? My ger drink ebm ok, FM very thick, nowadays she reject FM. Nw tinking should I change back to normal formula.. Can try calling TMC Parentcraft, they do selling cup specially for cup feeding.

Hi phy,

Read that u actually dream feed ur BB at around 11pm.. did he manage to finish up the whole feed and oso did u manage to burp him after the feed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Phy,

Add on question on dream feed:

I tried DF my BB yesterday but he dun seems to finish his usual bottle of 150ml. only had 70ml. (half bottle) cos he is too sleepy at 11pm. no sucking motion leh.

How do you actually DF ur boy? did you introduce pacifier?

Serene/Jac - i will go with hubby too... but me juz started work - too busy to set up account to trf... will do so by friday hopefully

Hi to all,

haven't been logging on lately because I've already started work, so busy......

Mummies who have low bm supply can try taking fenugreek capsules. I got mine from guardian under the brand Greenlife. Taking 6 capsules a day, 3 morning and 3 night. Bm supply increased by about 50% in around 3 weeks' time. But can only get from a guardian store with a shaklee promoter

Going out with baby

I'm bringing my #1 to watch Barney live at expo next week, am still wondering shld I bring baby along as well. Any mummies went there to watch concert before? Is the place too cold for infant?

Hi all Mommies,

Hope all is doing well.Been really tied up with all the work as well as watching my bb change everyday with is actions...(cute!!)

FM: I have been using similac as well. Try changing to Friso comfort, however bb dont seem to like it..got more agigtated during the feed. What i do for similac(since i saw from here that it too heaty), i will add in more water to dilute the milk.Have been tempted to try other brands..however cant seem to get the smaller tin(400g) except for s26.

Poo-Bb hase been pooing quite regularly, at least once a day.So far it soft and greenish. Not sure if this is ok?The max that bb din poo was 2 days..after that was a huge chunk.

Gai Gai- been bringing my bb out to some shopping liao. Initally he rejected the stroller but after some time..he seem better as times goes.To bring bb out, really got to bring lots of stuff...but enjoy the process though..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tinkerbell,

wat's the timing for the previous feed b4 the dreamfeed? I give my boy df abt 3 hours after his previous feed tt sends him to zzzland.

I have not introduced pacifier and hope I won't need to. My boy could finish the whole bottle of ebm. As for burping, if I

can't get him to burp, will wake myhubby to do it. So my boy will still burp. For df, I didn't stop halfway to burp him. Just let

him finish whole bottle then burp.

Btw, I didn't start with 140ml. Started with 90ml then gradually increased. If my boy falls asleep while drinking, I will burp him, lay him down, unwrap him, tickle him to wake him to drink again. Now he doesn't fall asleep when I give him df. Will finish whole bottle b4 goingbk to zzzz.

U probably gotta try

1) testing amt ur bb can take then slowly increase

2) rousing ur bb when he falls asleep. Must try various methods. May take a few days for bb to get used to df

last night my boy got up at 2am again. Again I didn't feed him. Hubby managed to pat him bk to zzz. He zzz till 530am and got up to make some noise. I only latch him on at 6am.

3rd day tt my boy's feed is 7 hours apart for the night. 11pm then 6am.

Cherrymum,

me too! Intend to take my #1 to watch the show there! Just the 2 of us and won't be bringing along bb

Hi phy, thinking of doing the dreamfeed method for my girl too. you're very inspiring [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] For the past 3 nights she's been taking a feed at 8pm, 130am then 7am. Daytime still 3 to 4 hourly. She seems to be auto training herself but I think can be better heh. So if we feed her at 8pm, then dreamfeed at 11pm, she should sleep till 6 or 7?

Jasline: Sorry, I missed out on your msg earlier. I can post the oil to you but you must pay for the postage fee. If you interested, just PM me.

Cheese: Have your baby poop yet? Mine still had not poop and today is the fourth day le.

I really hope he poop today or else have to bring to see doc this evening.

ya ann,as posted in fb. Finali! Tat time oso 4days..wori.. Btw,my boy dun accept DF.he rather sleep!yesterday was power.he wana z le,drink 70ml at 9pm then wake up at 4am for milk! E day b4 was 4hr interval.bt he cant increase intake eh.110 the most for FM,BM 130ml e most

Envy u mommies whose bb drink at 3-4 hrs intervals. Mine on avg is abt 2-2.5 hrs interval, but today since morning, it's like 1 - 1.5 hrs interval!

bt if e interval is long,mean tat we can increase intake?i nv increase y can z so long?hmm..i try 2 increase 10ml lter.

Ann-nw i hav 2 wait 4 poo again!n c if he can take new FM a nt..another headache..

For mummies feeding EBM, do u go by timing? Sometimes baby crying for milk, no time to wait 15 mins for the milk to warm up, end up i will feed FM. Do u all warm it ard the timing of her feed?

By the way, those mummies who tried supplements to increase milk supply, did they help? After my mastitis my supply dipped a lot, till now...

my pump also like quite lousy, cant seem to empty my breasts despite pumping for 20mins on max suction. i'm using Ameda and thinking of getting a new one so i can place one in office. those who used the medela freestyle, is it gd? i tried the medela PIS in Thomson Parentcraft, quite gd .. when i went for my prenatal course, my trainer also recommended PIS. but scared too bulky cos freestyle like more lightweight.

Just to share:

Babycare Fair

From Thursday, 2nd Sep 2010 - Sunday, 5th Sep 2010

Time: 11am – 9pm

Venue: Square 2 (Novena MRT station)

Programme on 4 & 5 Sep:

1pm - Collection of goodie bags (submission of lucky draw coupons)

2pm - Balloon sculpting and magic show

2.30pm - "Best Dressed Parent and Child" Contest by Skinfood

3.30pm - Talk by Baby Slings and Carriers

4pm - The Royals Creative Cake Decoration Contest

4.30pm - Lorna Whiston Speech and Drama Centre presents The Ibot and Dotty Show

5pm - Lucky draw

Lucky draw prize: 3D/2N stay with breakfast for 2 at Sari Pacifica Resort in Redang worth $1750.

Sponsors:

-Baby slings & carriers

-Innokidz

-Scorpio east

-Kodomo

-Bellaluna

-Johnson & Johnson

-Asiaweb direct

-Lorna Whiston Speech & Drama

-Skin Food

-Educational Technologies

-Hasbro

-Royals premium cakes & pies

Think Drypers should also be at the fair cos on Drypers facebook there's a post on the fair.

sweetkiss: My son normally cries for milk every 2hrs - 3 hrs.. so lets say if I fed him at 1pm.. i will predict he cries for milk around 2:15-2:45. So what I do is to heat up the milk at 2pm. Anyway milk warmed up can last outside room temperature for awhile so dont worry too much. As long as not TOO many hours [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sweetkiss: i using avent warmer so only need to wait for 5 min. when he start showing sign of wanting milk, like keep opening his mouth wanna suck or trying to suck my breast when i carry him, then we'll start to warm the milk. i took fenugreek pill & the nursing tea. at first fenugreek pill was quite useful but stagnant after a while. then i tried nursing tea and supply start to increase slightly after abt 1 week. I using medela PIS and find it good to use.

jaclyn: okie..will try to heat it in advance next time. i seldom do that though cos my bb's feeding time in the day sometimes hard to predict...

irene: thanks! wads the brand of the nursing tea and where u got it?

i have the avent warmer and pigeon warmer. gosh, the avent warmer sucks! hell lot of buttons to push, downright confusing!

Peanut

Looks like ur gal is ready to drop night feed on her own! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So good. Ya, u can try giving her a feed say 11pm? Then test what time she will get up next. Of coz best is that she gets up around 7am [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I read that by 6 months, most babies would have dropped the night feeds. Babies who are still waking up for feeds are due to several reasons. One possible one is it has become a habit.

Cheese,

Monitor ur boy again tonight. If he still does the 9pm then 4am, it also means he's ready! Then you may want to try df again at 11pm? Hopefully bb sleeps till 6 or 7am.

The idea is that as babies grow and stomach able to hold more, there shouldn't be a need to wake up to drink. Hmm, if babies have enough for the day and then a tank up feed to last through the night, babies should be able to last through the night, say 7 hours.

BTW, each bb is different so no garantee it will work 100%. Probably gotta adjust as you go along. What I'm sharing is what worked for my #1 and what I'm doing for my #2 too. I wanna be able to sleep through too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My plan currently is for bb to last from 11pm till 7am (keeping finger crossed). Then by 6 months, when I start to introduce solids, 930pm (no more dreamfeed then) till 7or 8am the next morning.

yesterday we fed our gal at 11.15pm, gave her full fedd but she only finished half...she woke up sllightly at 1pm. I put pacifier on her and she slept thru almost 5am... so happy - 6hrs straight...almost!

Gathering

No prob.. jus cut and paste and add ur name. thats a gauge for us... cause jaclyn might have to book a room if too many pax.

as for the payment, jus do it and email her say... by 20th Sept... so she can go make the booking for buffet...

Eliss,

Good for you!

How's adjusting back to working life? Now u have to work, pump then look after bb after work...

I am so jealous.. I wanna make my bb slp thru the night too.

Looks like i must monitor her feeding habit and give her a bit more at the last feed too! I realise that at times she can last abt 5 hrs between feeds so i guess she shld be ready to slp thru the night too!

Ann: Me too....also waiting for my boy to poo... 4 days too... he will usually poo every alternate day but this time round haven't poo yet... but the way, u gals are on TFM, TBM or mixed?

My bb has been able to sleep throu the night (last feed at 10pm then wake up at 5am plus for milk) but past 2 days she got wake up at 2 to 3am for milk. Growth spurt? Hopefully is only for few days and her schedule will get back to normal soon.

Thanks phy! Think we'll monitor tonight first. If still the same then try df. Hopefully can train her to slowly sleep through. Yay!

Pumping at work is very troublesome...everyday gotta bring two big bags to work... sigh, if work is busy, cant go for pumping like today... i got to endure engorgement and did not get to pump from 7am to 2pm! argh...painful sia

Keropi: You too? Same thing here.. the frequency of the poo just get longer and longer. Mine is on total FM. Yours?

Sweetkiss>> I'm using Pigeon food/bottle warmer, so usually i estimate abt 20mins before BB's feeding time (cuz currently he's on every 2hrs feed), I'll take the milk out from fridge and warm it @ 40 degree. Sometimes the milk can be left at the warmer for an hr! Cuz BB sleeps and only wake up for his feed later than the 2hr interval...

Re: Poo

Tdy's the 3rd day and finally my baby also poop..heng ah, else my MIL will everyday worry say why BB hvn't poo lah, etc, etc.

Re: Outing

I'm keen too but kept forgetting to ask HB if he's joining me & BB. Will update soon by the deadline.

Phy -

Thanks for the tips... yest got CL to push his sleep from 12am to 5am.. he managed to last but the last hour was 'bluffing' him with pacifier as he drift in and out of zzz... by 5am he was really v v hungry! Hopefully he will get used to it or I might try to increase the feed amt!

In the day.. how long does ur BB sleep? Mine can only last like 1/2 hour before he wakes up and cries.. sometimes goes back to sleep.. other times bluff with pacifier and drift in and out of sleep until 3 hrs up for next feed

Breast Pump / Sweetkiss -

I own a Medela Freestyle and have also used TMC's Medela Pump In Style.. I would recommend the PIS.. more powerful can suck out more! My freestyle like not that great..

hi mommies

sorry, i need to ask a quick question. is anyone of you here taking 12weeks of ML? how does your employer calculate the ML? by weeks or days? i have some disputes with my HR and i also wrote in to MOM but i think it's all been done differently, i.e. MOM calculates by days... 7 days x 12 weeks = 84 days, my coy HR does by weeks... so now i am confused...

>Jellypurin Go MOM website. they have the Maternity leave calculator! so easy. you'll know when u got to go back to work! btw, we have 4mths ML so its NOT 84days.

my gal seems to be able to sleep thru..but its me who worried and usually will woke her for feeds during the night..most importantly, its becos my breasts are really engorged and i'm too lazy to wake up to pump...

anyone use manual pump that u think its good? i hv the medela PIS but thought can use manual pump to pump out leaking milk (of the other breast that bb not sucking)...save time right? but the manual pump must be good and easy to handle while still can breastfeed at the same time...

Heng, I'm like you. My bb is sleeping away but I'm wide awake. I usually wake up at 2-3am to pump. If not boobs get engorged and I can't sleep. So even though bb can sleep thru the night, I still can't. How?

Claudia, my bb also sleeps about 30mins, 1hr max. Can't even bluff with pacifier cos she hates it. Dunno what to do to make her sleep more during the day.

Poo

Baby TBF need not poo every day. Apparently BM is so digestible that it could be all absorbed by the body leaving little to poo daily. My bb last week had a record of 6 days didn't poo. When he finally poop, it was a lot, texture same as if he does it daily. He was not behaving differently, and he is drinking and peeing normally. Doc said if stool not hard nor smell, it is ok. For formula fed baby, if didn't poo for many days, is likely to be constipated. Doc says check the type of formula bb is taking,can also give diluted prune juice in the bottle of formula milk. This is supposed to be a safe way to add fiber to newborn's diet.

Claudia,

In the day, my bb also can't sleep for very long. He is such a light sleeper, when there is a little noise, he will startle and wake up. Each nap is about half an hour or so, sometimes shorter. Any idea to make him sleep longer and more peaceful?

>peace jus asking..how ur bb sleep? if sleeping on bed or cot..bb tends to feel insecure..cos not comfortably surrounds by our arms...SO, what u can do is: very slowly put him down to cot or bed and put your warm hand on his chest, then, place the bean pillow on his chest and then place our sleeping pillow one on each of his right and left (touching him)..letting him "feel Secured"...

maybe this will make him sleep tighter and thus longer....

* don squeeze the 2 pillows too close until he is too uncomfortable..and do this only in daytime naps...not overnight sleep as may hinder his movements for long hrs of sleep

JP,

days or weeks, they'll come up to the same number. I wrote in to MOM before to ask whether PH and weekends are included in the computation, and MOM's reply was YES. And "days" mean calender days, not working days. So even if you work only 5 days a week, the weekends are included. So days or weeks make no difference

Heng,

not exactly 4 months; it's 16 wks

Ann: Mine is EBM + FM to top up the balance cos my ss quite low... max yield is only 90 - 100ml per pump...

Peace: Is it...i thought baby that is on BM can poo more regularly?

Ah yo...still thinking if he dun poo by tomorrow...going to bring him to see a doc...

Hi mummies: need a bit of advice, my cousin is 5 weeks pregnant n nw she vomits everything that she eats. She is feeling v lousy cos her mum hv been trying to cook for her but after eating a few mouthful she feels like vomitting already. And its makeing both her mum n herself fustrated. Any of u had the same experience? Is there anything that might make her feel better?

Back