(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

hey pris, haven't seen you here in a long time. how are you? how's baby b? where are you thinking of going for hol? i want to go on hol too, but dunno what's a good place to bring baby along.

feeding cereal - can i ask mummies who are feeding their babies, we can only increase 1 teaspoon each day?

BabyCoco >> Wanna go holiday but dun know where to go too! B is good. He's flipping like a pro now and always flashes a mega big smile when he does it.

How is little Amelie? She must be getting prettier n prettier = )

A couple of us are meeting for lunch on tuesday. Do buzz me if you'd like to meet up k.

ann, oh, it's increase 1 tablespoon a day? alamak, i've only been increasing 1 teaspoon. no wonder my baby is still hungry! hahaha

pris, would love to meet up with you but seems like the timing is always off. my niece & nephew are in town, we're taking them to universal studios tomorrow.

Merry Xmas All!

Abit slow... went on a holiday and back and so many new developments too me awhile to skim thru!

1st birthday.... Is the waitlist still on?

Feeding solids...

Started on oatmeal cereal for 2 days but not much luck... after a few teeny spoons, baby started squirming and arhcing his back in his bumbo... Not to mention most of it seemed to have dripped out of his mouth!

When u guys start... do you add alot of milk? I bot healthy times and they advised to put 120ml to 2 tablespoon.. Super watery.. just like milk!

For those guys who have started... where do you feed? I feed on bumbo but he doesn't seem to like it.. And he can't sit upright unsupported... Does this mean he is not ready? He is into his 25th week liao tho..

Do you feed during milk time as well? Before or after milk? I am feeding about 1 hour after milk (I still feed the same amount of milk tho)

Hi everyone !!

My BB is on NAN HA... So far so good, Feeding this becos i have sensitive skin n nose... thus bb is on this one.

Any mummy feeding on Dumex ?!

I can help you order and you come pick up from me can ready.

Any mummy interested with this:-

Dumex Step 2

Buy 3 900g - Each @ $38.55

Free 1 900g

Therefore it is $115.65 for the total bill.

I can help 2 mummy to get this package as it is valid for 1 address per order only.

(I have 2 address can use - Tampines & Bukit Batok)

If want to get this offer with my help can sms me email me @ [email protected]

mrslong, my girl is on Healthy Times Organic Brown Rice Cereal. first time when i fed her, she rejected but it takes a few days for her to accept and now she loves it!

claudia: it is normal for baby to reject. i didnt follow the instruction. i only put 1 tsp mix with milk to feed. preview for baby! i aga aga, mix until yoghurt consistency. then slowly increased to 2 tsp. after sometime, the cereal will turn watery so during initial mixing, dun make till too watery 1st.

i feed her when she's sitting on the baby walker, or on her rocker. usually i give her cereal 1 hr after milk. her next milk feed she still drinks the same amt as usual. only recently she starts to drink lesser & taking only 100ml every feed! so i use the balance to make cereal or mix with fruit puree. i guess she is really more into solids now because she seems uninterested in milk nowadays.

Just to check, can we feed cereal and milk together. Ie feed cereal followed by milk and not to wait an hr before or after?

Jelly: no la, sometime back got sign up in their website,they call me up to offer me this. But my bb is not on dumex,so I offer to help any mummies here to order. Can save then save lo. Milk powder not cheap ma.

Oh about feeding puree,my bb is taking about 1 tablespoon for now, 1.5hrs after milk. But didn't let infant care feed yet. In school still 5oz 3hrly.

Jelly:they tell me promotion changes often. U need to order let me know, I confirm the promo for u n u can arrange to pick up from me.

Sweetkiss thanks

U use reminder of milk to make cereal but thot milk must b discarded within 1 hr?

Put on rocket? Heh I guess I follow instructions too much! Cuz I thot must sit upright! So only choice is bumbo...

Hi mummies.

Today I put Kayden in his Toyogo toy box to play car car with him. Pretend the box is his toy car.. he suddenly hold on to the side of the box and pull himself to stand up. He was successful in doing so. My MIL and my hubby's sis saw it. I was shock. My MIL told my FIL that it is time to put the BB bed a level lower. Scared he pull himself up in the cot and fall down later.

Cereal: I never add the amt of milk as instructed. I add lesser milk to the cereal cause Kayden like cereal which is a little more solid kind. He hate it when it is too watery. Now he also taking fruit puree for tea break. He is taking enough cereal now that he skip milk for the lunch now. So now his schedule as follows:

Wee hour: Drink 200ml milk

Breakfast: Drink 200ml milk

Lunch: Cereal

Teabreak: Fruit Puree and 200ml milk

Dinner: Cereal

Dreamfeed: 200ml of milk

claudia: i mix with BM so still can keep up to 4 hrs..

sigh. i feel like a stupid and bad mummy..

just now one hr after my girl's milk, i went to make avocado puree for her. mixed with my bm until super watery.. so initially she was eating happily and in between i gave her a little water. suddenly she started to cry, i realized she cried whenever the spoon left her mouth (coz i need to refill the spoon ma) and seemed like she wanted more. so i continued to feed and after a few more spoonfuls, she suddenly cried non-stop. i dunno wad happened but she started to choke and vomit all the milk from 1 hr ago.. then her whole face red and she seemed to be choking. i really freaked out and so so so afraid i will lose her coz i dunno wad to do other than patting her on the back.. she looked so terrible for the next 20 seconds, she looked like she was unable to breathe, gasping for air with a very red face till she vomitted another whole lot of milk plus all the puree... i think i overfed her coz i tot she wanted more.. i really freaked out!!!! luckily she managed to calm down but her whole head was sweating, nose was runny, eyes red and had puke all over. i cried because i feel so bad and lousy and frightened.

now i dunno if i shld dreamfeed her coz she just vomitted so much out.. i usually give her DF at 11pm.

Sigh really traumatizing for me!

omg!!! that must have been a scare for you SK!

Becareful to not overfeed.. our babies are all still very very young. We dont want to mess up their own "i'm full" alarm system by overfeeding them. Take it slowly and increase very very gradually as well. Better to be on the safer side [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SK: You are not a lousy mum. I done that once too when i just started K on cereal. From then on, i learn not to overfeed him anymore. It's a mistake which anyone of us can make due to oversight. So don't blame yourself.

morning ALL...

SK,

*pat pat* calm down....lucky she vomit out.... y not u give her puree first then milk, like that will minimize overfeeding?

Sweetkiss: How are you now? Don't blame yourself and you are definitely not a lousy mum. We are all learning, especially us being the first time mum. I will also need to learn from you all when I start feeding my bb soilds.

Sweetkiss: Dun blame urself. U r not a lousy mum, we are all learning. I think I would also mistook as bb wanting more myself too. Like what suika said, maybe give puree first then milk. I also give my bb rice cereal/puree first before milk. Hope bb and you are ok now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I started giving my boy sweet potato puree since Sat. He likes it very much and open his mouth wide for more. I think i can start to drop his lunch milk feed already. He finished an entire small sweet potato yesterday. Gonna try pumpkin next.

Hey mummies,

I have the following for exchange.

1) Frisco 2 (900g) - Exchange for Nan HA 2 (400g) x 2 tins

2) Enfapro 2 (400g)- Exchange for Nan HA 2 (400g)

Anyone interested in exchanging with me?

hi mummies, it's also a phase where babies drink less or reject a bit. but that doesnt mean they are ready to take off milk in substitute for solids yet at such a tender age.

the initial solid intro is to really intro, for texture, the new experience to them. so caution to drop off milk feed quickly for a large meal of solid. the 'vitamins' you are getting from a sweet potato, erhmm can barely match that of a proper milk feed for starters....

hi mummies, can I check how much & how many feeds your babies are drinking at 5 months?

i'm thinking of dropping 1 feed & feed my girl only 4 feeds a day (she's drinking 160ml BM per feed currently)..

Kindly advise please! Thanks!

mummies i'm back from my cameron highlands trip!

The journey was so long!!!! We set off at 4am and reach Cameron Highlands at 3pm! Gotta pump in car 3x!!! The return was worst cuz of the jam at singapore customs. we left Cameron Highlands at 11am, out of SIN customs at 12mn...

Keila was very "hong sim" throughout the holiday, did not finish her milk completely and took more than 1 hr to finish each feed...

Plus, the weather is not as cold as we thought, but some mornings and nights with strong winds can be pretty chilly!

The traffic between towns was horrendous! At one point we were stuck in traffic for 2 hrs for a 20mins drive!!!

Lastly the frozen milk which I instructed the hotel to put in freezer were all thawed! Cuz the staff did not put in freezer!!!! So angry!!! Those milk cant let K drink liao... 1 litre worth leh heart pain!

Yup I agree with Pillow. Thats why been trying to tell everyone to relax alittle on the solids. Be 100% sure they are ready.. and even if they are ready, that don't mean you should drop their milk feeds bcos

MILK > ANY solid at the moment for them. At least till 8mths. I've sat down in kinokuniya, borders etc and got my hands on as many baby books as possible and have read up on baby weaning.. almost all if not 99% of the books say the same thing and that there is absolutely no hurry to start them on solids at this age despite what our parents/elders might say..

I myself also hear things from my own mom (whos super modern).. such as "you seee.. baby look at us eat, drooling already!" that kinda thing.. makes you feel like you should start feeding them food. However i mostly dismiss all of them and will start baby G whenever I am comfortable. Or whenever I feel he is ready. I think making sure he is able to sit on his own without wobbling around will be my criteria for him.

On the other hand, some babies are already teething and so no two babies are alike. I guess we as mommies will know our babies best!

But if theres no reason, try not to drop milk feeds or replace milk with solids...!!

eliss - coz she's not terribly interested in milk these days...i feed her every 3+ hourly & after drinking about 120ml, she will push the teat out..sometimes she will also protest & wriggle around..

when i try to dream feed her the last feed, she can't finish..

ya lo Jac- not adding the amount of planning for those packs of frozen milk to be transported on a 12 hrs journey...

autrumn: At 5 mths, my bb takes btw 180 to 200 ml 5 times a day. About the same now at 6 mths except that the lunch / dinner portion is adjusted according to how much cereal/ purée bb takes, usually reduce by 30 ml. Sometimes bb takes longer nap and messes up his "schedule", end up one feed could be dropped. Most times is 5 feeds per day. Still struggling a little on adjusting the milk feed when giving bb puree coz just started puree for 4 days. Dropped one milk feed today bcoz he ate so much puree. Asked PD about that and she said to slowly adjust as i introduce different foods.

autrumn - yea, why do you want to drop a feed? my girl's 6 months now and taking 170ml, 5 feeds plus about 1.5 tbsp fruit/veg puree a day

Autrumn: Just to share, my baby only takes about 120ml as well and seldom anything more. Once in awhile he will take 150ml but that is normally divided into two feeds with alittle rest inbetween. We call him the impatient drinker. Meaning he has no patience to sit there n suck on the teat for the entire duration.

He is born on the 7th of July just as a reference of age. Sometimes when they take alot, they are going through growth spurts.. then when they reduce their milk, we think they are rejecting it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow! seems like most people are still feeding their babies 5 feeds a day! for us, to be able to meet 5 feeds a day, we often have to feed her at 2am when she wakes up by herself...if we feed her at 9+, 10+pm when she's asleep, she will drink a bit & either protest or fall asleep...

can mummies here also advise what milk powder they are giving to their kids? intend to stop bfeeding after 6 months, so i'm looking for FM that's good & hopefully don't cause constipation..haha

autrumn: Just to share my bb's feeding schedule:

First feed: 8/8:30am

Second feed: 11/11:30am

Third feed: 2:30/3:00pm

Fourth feed: 5/5:30pm

Fifth feed: 9:00pm

That makes up five feeds. He will sleep through from 10pm till 7 plus the next morning.

Milk powder: My boy takes Nan HA. No problem with pooing.

autrumn, i'm still giving BM but in the early days i had to supplement with Mamex Gold HA because my girl has sensitive skin. she liked it and still pooed daily. only problem is it's veryvery difficult to find! i could only find it at TMC pharmacy and carrefour [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mummies who are giving cereal / puree, is it a must to decrease the milk feed during the feed that you give solids? my girl protests and cries when she gets anything less than her 170ml, even though her tummy is super bloated!

peanut: i guess if your bb can finish the entire 170ml, then no need to decrease bah...i tested my bb, he will not be able to finish his usual 180 to 200ml after cereal/puree, so i reduce his milk lor...actually for cereal, no reduction in milk feed since i used milk to prepare the cereal, so if 30ml goes into cereal, then 30ml lesser in the milk...

I think it is up to individual babies. How much they drink and how ready they are for solid food.

For my boy, he can sit up on his own in his high chair and also eat properly. So that's why I drop his feed for lunch & dinner. But his lunch & dinner cereal are also mixed with about 150ml of milk each time. So he is not really decreasing his milk intake but taking his milk in another way only.

peanut: I think if you feed cereal liao and bb is still able to take in 170ml, then let her drink lo as long as she is did not vomit out after that.

Yup like what Ann said! But oso take note that our babies are different age liao. Like I believe ann's baby is a June baby right? So that is why he is more mature.

Think all mommies just need to equip themselves with the basic "weaning strategy" and go with our instincts! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

peanut: Ya dont decrease milk food unless your baby is puking after her feed. If you need to decrease, better to decrease the solids instead. For the time being at least [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes - my bb also end June bb. Already can sit up quite steadily in his high chair. Started solids at week 24 (about 2.5 weeks back). Still experimenting and adjusting. Think Ann's bb is more "advance" in terms of eating solids compared to mine.

Books/websites provide lots of guidance but sometimes elders could be right too. So we just need to be open and go with what we feel is right. I was surprised that PD said no need to puree apples & pears coz when steaming, some nutrients will be lost. She said just scrape and feed bb will do. Most books/websites will say to puree fruits. She even said can add a little salt to porridge but it is up to us parents to decide what is best for bbs. So long bb is not overfed, contented, happy & gaining weight healthily, that should be the most important.

Yup, my bb is end June bb. So even when Vernie's bb & my bb are about the same age, development are also still different. So mummies who are starting to feed bbies on solid, just relax and go with the flow of your babies development. No need to be too anxious about it.

Any way of cooking will definitely kill some nutrients in fruit or vege. Even cutting them also kill nutrients. But I still puree fruit and vege for my boy. As Vernie has said, as long as bb is happy & gaining weight healthily, nothing to worry about.

jacyln, bb j also drink 140-150ml of milk only n at times he nid half time.. was wondering y cant increase his milk intake.. am going to feed him milk cereal first and then try apple puree! hee...

he still could not stand up straight that long... so i will go slow as milk still the main food for them to grow.

Dear Ladies,

I have a tin of unopen 400g Similac follow-on formula, stage 2 for babies above 6 months. It is a sample compliment from Abbott, expiry date is 09/05/2012. As my baby is on Friso 2, I would like to exchange it with someone who has Friso 2.

Please PM me if you want to exchange. Thank you.

Jonas: You still have not feed Javion the apple puree ah? Haha!! Kayden finishing his liao lei. I just make carrot puree for Kayden This time I am better in estimating liao.. so just nice, 4 snappies bottle for 4 days trial. When you finish apple puree, let me know. I am thinking of doing papaya next but then sure alot one so can do for Javion & Kayden together.

hi mummies... yeah it was a terrible scare last nite and i was worried my gal will have a phobia to spoonfeeding. luckily she still eating well. i usually give her solids 1hr after milk cos she is very impatient so if she's hungry, she cry if i am too slow in feeding her or remove the spoon from her mouth! which is why i misunderstood her signal last nite~

today we started her on pumpkin porridge and she enjoyed it alot.

Back