(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

cerehh >> try to air bb backside for 15 mins a day... desitin use it when u change nappies.. try to change more often so backside wont be moist then easier to recover.

wash with luke warm water, dun soak too long, sun it. dun use vinegar or what la.. cause bb skin very sensitive.. scared too harsh on skin...

those wana cheaper price for package jabs can try healthway....i paid for mine on 6-in-1 n rota oni $400+ in total

Pris, you're using cloth diapers? Is it a hassle to wash? Thinking of changing to cloth diapers. I spend about $60/mth on disposable diapers! So much money.

coco: me wanted use cloth diapers But BB cry once wet.. like this he can't slp & then need coax & coax him slp very jialat so me use diapers..

Then great grandma & grandma prefer pampers brand which is exp. We use huggies cheaper abit only also not bad but since they insist we change to pampers which is $16+ outside But ytd saw CK special promo sell $13.80.

Wondering to Buy another packet or not cause not always so cheap but scared later BB cannot use..

Keropi: My GP say sometimes mummy just got to help them abit to poo. Using that method doesn't mean they won't poo by themselves, they will still gek sai.. just that we help them to loosen up abit so they can pass motion easier. But still give your BB more water so that BB can pass motion on its own without our help.

pris- where to get napisan?

im using pigeon liquid detergent. the poo stains still there despite soaking. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ceres: My baby already outgrow size S.. so dont recommend for you to stock up on size S..

yes older ppl prefer pampers bcos thats the #1 brand for them during their time. Also last time disposable diapers are very very exp and pampers was like "luxury".

for me now im using huggies dry comfort M for at home and huggies ultra for going out.

Cerehh, don't use too much steroid cream as it thins the skin. I also use nappy liner for ease of washing and recently I discovered that Pureen liners are better than Pigeon! Firstly it is double layer, secondly I find that the liner remains dry while the nappy is wet. I suppose it may feel more comfy to baby.

i bought ntuc brand yesterday to try, very cheap, $18.95/2 packs of 60pcs. but sad to say, quality so-so. bb poo'd 2x, and both times leaked. never happened with mamypoko. but mamypoko super expensive. thought of using a cheaper alternative for day time.

babycoco, you can try huggies brand .... its not bad. Theres several deals online that can get for a pack @ $14 or $15 ... works out to be about 18cts a piece. Mamypoko is 30+ cts a piece.

Ya huggies is good. Why? Cutting at the side is quite big so doesn't cut kids who have baba(fleshy) thighs.

My #1 on huggies since long time back.. hmm, before he turned 6mths old I think.

He's using dry for day and dry comfort for night. Imagine the dry comfort to hold a toddler's pee for at least 9 hours! But of coz when he wakes up, the first thing we do is to remove his diapers and ask him to empty his bladder.

Think suika sent me a contact for huggies... $14 per packet. That's a steal and cheapest so far. If not then the bp section.. I've ordered from that lady a few times. Now even better, got free delivery.

Phy - these few days my girl always did not finish her last full feed, she actually had 100ml (full feed 140ml) and then she will sleep and wake at between 4-5am....

sometimes we even stretch her last feed from 3 to 4 hours thought she might be hungrier then... but fail!

How do u mommies get ur bb to drink tat wry of milk?? my boy is now 6 weeks plus but still drinking only 80ml. Sometimes he can't even finish 80ml. Wan him to drink more so can last longer. Now on avg, he needs to drink every 2 hrly.. Very tiring...

suntan - take it easy... my girl a small eater in her early years...

she was drinking 70ml at 4weeks...then we gradually increase her intake... so long she does not puke, we will add 5-10ml each week

suntan,

my boy was drinking 30ml for the 1st 2 weeks, then 60ml and now 120ml. He cannot finish 120ml, most of the time only 90 . when he is in a good mood then he will finish his 120ml but my mum said she needs to put in alot of effort to make him drink that 120ml.

like wat eliss said, try to increase by 5-10ml each week

my bb also drinks very very little. she's on tbf, one time i pumped and i only managed to get 40ml each boob! she latches only 1 side each time, so does it mean she only drinks 40ml? she's already 10weeks plus.

jaclyn, ya lor, mamypoko is 30cents/each. i change her at least 8x per day. so can imagine how expensive it is.

suntan - mine still feeding at abt 70 - 80ml every 3 hrs at 7 wks.. dun worry.. as long as they're growing.. maybe u can try to entertain him a while n not feed once they cry.. they can tahan one.. make him more hungry b4 feed.. my cl says they'll fuss one hr b4 suppose to eat.. maybe try drag for 1/2 hr more then slowly 3 hrs

Hi Mummies.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Need all your help. My 8 weeks old bb boy is currently on EBM, and now my fridge is overflooding with my EBM.

Therefore I've decided to give my 17mth old girl some of the EBM as well by mixing it in her FM. She is drinking 150ml of FM, (with 4 scoops of powder) now.

Can anyone here help me? Cos I don't know how go about mixing FM with EBM. Can I treat my EBM like normal water, and still give the same portion of formula powder, ie 4 scoops of powder? Or is it done in other ways?

Thanks in advance for helping. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nok,

No..haha, not my sister then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

no no Phy...

7pm - full feed at 140ml

10.30 - drinks only 100ml

4.30am - drinks 130ml

u see i already prolong her last feed timing to 3.5 hrs...but she could not finish...if she had finished her full feed...i believe she could sleep till 6!

Kepsis: Pampers S size for weight 3 - 8kg. Got 48 pieces selling at $13.80 now so per piece is like 0.28cts plus pampers is i think branded diaper..

Jac: Pampers diaper size quite big. I use to use huggies S size which is just nice but for pampers seems bigger.

Ceres

looks like a good deal. go grab if you want. It's the Pampers Stages New Baby, green packaging with balloon stretch right? very thin and absorbent, and comfy. usually size S dun hv that many promo/deals

ya, Pampers sizes are quite big. at the hospital, my baby was already wearing Huggies size S but she could still fit into Pampers NB size until 6 weeks old

think Pampers is expensive coz it's made in Japan? saw that on the packaging

Vivi

If can't get Napisan from NTUC, can get from Cold Storage

vivi >> Can get Napisan at Cold Storage but it is cheaper at People's Park.

Babycoco >> I hvnt started my cloth diapers yet. I want to but I want to try potty training b4 that.

Eliss,

probably. Have u considered feeding pushing her 7pm feed till 730 then give her 150ml? Then 1030pm try 120(test first). If successful she will be fuller so may last longer...just a suggestion.

Tonight we came bk ard 1015pm. Gave boy 150ml(usual ard 140ml) at 11pm. Previous feed was latch on at 8pm.

Keeping fingers crossed he will only get up for milk ard 7am...

Also didn't swaddle him... Prayinghard...

sun_tan: ehz.. my son born on 7th july.. his average intake only 80ml too. sometimes 60 sometimes 100. After the 60 mark it is a struggle to feed him more.. he will twist n turn, use his tongue to reject the nipple.. he will sometimes even pui the milk out! But he is growing steadily as in I can see him getting bigger.. so im not worried..

his average intake is about 700+ ml a day.

Hi Ica,

u r rite!

It's the Pampers Stages New Baby, green/yellow packaging with balloon stretch.

Mee too, I find it very thin and absorbent, and really soft.

Hi Ceres,

Its really a good deal. My husabnd only managed to grab 2 packs at CK bukit Merah b4 it went OOS.

I used Desitin blue for day and nite.

I applied a lot initially to clear the rash first, after rash clear then apply a thinner coat.

When she use Drypers, we will oso apply a thicker coat.

As for the nappy, I have never heard/used napisan till now....tks to the mummies here...hmmm probably I will give it a try.

I only used Kodomo or Pigeon powder to soak but not overnite.

Usually once soiled, i will get my maid to rinse and scrub it away immediately then leave it to soak till nite, then wash all nappies and bb clothes at one go.

After she washed, I will still used my front load washing machine to spin dry and rinse again cos very worried with my maid's washing.

So far managed to remove all stain on nappy.

Hi Justina,

I just bought the NUK bots and teats for my bb to try.

As it's my first time buying, I didnt realised that there's so many types, meaning 0-6mth then still got size s/M/L.

So I actually bought all the wrong sizes, i bought her size M and L instead of S.

I tried out the new teat on her since yesterday but she very stubborn...refused to suck and keep using her tongue to push it out & of course keep crying non stop...her last feed at 12.30pm and untill 5.30pm, she still refuse to suck the teat.

Just now tried again at her 9.30pm feed...she cried for 1 hr plus and finally gave in at 11pm, think she too sleepy and hungry.

Think need to be more patience and work harder on it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies,

Need some advice!!

Is it alright to mix some of my 2mth old's excess EBM to my 3yr Old's formula milk?

E.g 2 scoops (120ml) + 100ml EBM, enough nutrients for my 3yr old?

Hi

I am an April 2010 mummy.

I have bought too many Medela Pump & Save milk bags for me myself and will like to let go the extras. They are brand new, in unopened boxes. Selling for $28 each box of 50 bags. I think retail price of it is about $27 for only 25 bags. I have 3 boxes to let go.

Also have a First Years nursing shawl to let go at $18. I believe it is retailing at about $29.90. Used it only 2 times. Condition 9/10.

Pls PM or text me at 93383677 if you are interested.

Have fun with your babies this long weekend!

For Sale:

1) BNIB Avent NewBorn Starter Kit

Avent: http://www.philips.com.sg/c/avent-baby-gift-set/scd271_00/prd/

Wrapped in box and unopen.

Avent: Retail SGD49.90 , My Price SGD40

2)BNIB High Density Foam Playpen Mattress (Shears)- 28" x 41" x 3" High Density Foam

Mattress Retail SGD58, My Price SGD25

3) Themed "Its a Boy" Baby Shower Bouquet

Used once.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/board-post.cgi?action=posting_upload_form&what=show&img=4477713]

Retail more than SGD50, My Price: SGD20

4) Unused Baby Handprint Kit - DIY

Tender Prints My Baby's First Impression Keepsake Kit

Condition: Box looks abit old and is green in colour (attached picture is blue), otherwise everything inside are unopened / intact

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/board-post.cgi?action=posting_upload_form&what=show&img=4477712]

Retail SGD40, My Price SGD10nett

5) Chicco Go Front Baby Carrier - Brand New

http://www.babycarrier.org.uk/chicco-marsupio-go-baby-carrier/

Condition: Box looks abit old and is black in colour (attached picture is grey/black), otherwise everything inside are brand new / unopened.

Retail SGD79.90, My Price SGD30nett

All Items Cash and Carry

Call 98204176 for immediate transaction

Gathering...

POSB Savings 093646304

Amt to trf = $10/pax

Please email ( [email protected] )Jaclyn your

payment details:

name and nick:

contact number:

Email:

and the number of pax going:

Kindly do so by 19 Sept 2010 (Sunday)

Thanks!

**i will post this everyday so you guys dun need to track back on this post to look for my acct number.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Directions

Add:

Compassvale Bow

The Quartz Function Room

Timing:

We have the room from 10am – 3pm

Directions to get here:

Nearest MRT is Buangkok MRT on NEL. Just 5 mins walk away.

When you come out of the gantry, turn right and go up the escalator. Once up… look straight ahead, you will be able to see the condominium. One traffic light away. If unsure just ask around as there is only 1 condominium near Buangkok MRT.

If taking taxi, the address is “Compassvale Bow @ Sengkang Central” .. tell uncle The Quartz condominium near buangkok mrt if he is not sure.

Instructions once reaching the condo:

Let guardroom know that you are here for a function (@ function room). If you need a lift and not able to go down staircases, ask the guard to point out where the GYM is (turn left from guard house). There is a LIFT right beside the GYM which goes straight down to the function room area.

Otherwise just ask them how to get to the function room… (walk straight from guard house and go down a flight of stairs)

with bento

1. Serene = 2 pax

2. Jaclyn = 4 pax

3. Michelle = 2 pax

4. Pris = 1 pax

5. ica = 2 pax

without bento

1.Cheese84=2 pax

2. mrslong=2 pax

3. Geraldine ( geri) = 2 pax

4. Eliss - 2 pax

5. Vivi-1 pax

For Sale:

1) BNIB Avent NewBorn Starter Kit

Avent: http://www.philips.com.sg/c/avent-baby-gift-set/scd271_00/prd/

Avent: Retail SGD49.90 , My Price SGD40

2)BNIB High Density Foam Playpen Mattress (Shears)- 28" x 41" x 3" High Density Foam

Mattress Retail SGD58, My Price SGD25

3) Themed "Its a Boy" Baby Shower Bouquet

Used once.

Retail more than SGD50, My Price: SGD20

4) Unused Baby Handprint Kit - DIY

Tender Prints My Baby's First Impression Keepsake Kit

Condition: Box looks abit old and is green in colour (attached picture is blue), otherwise everything inside are unopened / intact

Retail SGD40, My Price SGD10nett

5) Chicco Go Front Baby Carrier - Brand New

http://www.babycarrier.org.uk/chicco-marsupio-go-baby-carrier/

Condition: Box looks abit old and is black in colour (attached picture is grey/black), otherwise everything inside are brand new / unopened.

Retail SGD79.90, My Price SGD30nett

All Items Cash and Carry

Call 98204176 for immediate transaction

Hello all,

sorry to disturb again.

I have the followings to let go.

1) 2 Packets of unopened Fiiti NB52 (Below 5kg - 360 deg waist comfort) @ $12 each.

Price negotiable as my child is going to outgrow the size soon. Details as below.

http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?option=com_classifieds&task=details&cid=2105

2) Shears playpen - without mattress @$100. Exact piece unopened. Details (NB944 in website) as below. Price negotiable.

http://www.hummings.com/mercantor_browse.acv?class=New%20born%20for%20Baby

3) Tommee tippee unused insulated twin bottle carrier @ $30, price negotiable. Details below. Exactly same as picture but comes without 2 milk powder container.

http://www.babiesgalore.com.au/out_and_about/bottle_food_carriers/insulated_twin_bottle_carrier_by_tommee_tippee_black

4) 2 bottles of red date confinement wine bought @$15, selling at $10 - willing to let go at a cheaper price.

Self collect, pm me for details. all items are brand new.

vSelling off Brand new set of AVENT UNO SINGLE Electric Breast Pump. With 1 year international warranty from Aug 2010.

Throw in free adaptor for singapore socket as this is a US Set.

UNO can be used in 3 ways, manual pump, electric and battery operated. Socket head is US parallel pin, voltage can be used in Singapore.

Interested, please PM me or email to [email protected]

25th Gathering:

Hi we need another 6 pax in order for us to hit the minimum to order bento set!

with bento

1. Serene = 2 pax

2. Jaclyn = 4 pax (PAID)

3. Michelle = 2 pax

4. Pris = 1 pax (PAID)

5. ica = 2 pax (PAID)

6. Daisy = 3 pax (PAID)

My bb drinks my bm most of the time & isomil soy.Recently stop Isomil,trying out Mamex Gold & Enfalac but my bb is rejecting both & refuse to drink...my bm is runnung low too.

Any recommandation for FM that is similiar to BM taste?

Back