(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Baby yen,

If they're on the scalp, leave the olive oil for a few mins. Some mommies I know leave it on for up to 2 hrs. Adjust the time see what works. The idea is to let it soak in the oil so that it'll soften, then brush/comb it off but not too hard. It's still baby skin after all. Shampoo the hair to wash off excess oil, towel dry. I also apply a bit of olive oil onto the scalp and leave it overnight

If it's on eye brows or ears, just apply olive oil. No need to do anything else. Will go away in a few days

Anyone whose baby refuses the pacifier and is turning to sucking their fingers/hands now? My girl has been sucking her fingers nowadays and loves to scratch or rub her face.. so now a lot of tiny bumps on her face, is it rashes? Any cream that can heal them?

Scrumpee: then engorge for a wk? Will get manitis or fever? Alot lumps developing around my breast inside.. Very pain. Is this normal?

Dino: my boy 5wks+

Sito >> listen to ur PD.. every bb is diff.. the amt of milk is based on bb weight also...

SK >> rub eyes is a sign of fatigue and wanna koon... mine suck fist, suck my arm.. but when intro pacifier she dun wan

serene: she never rub eyes but her cheek and ears.. then after a while pek cek and cry. i think cos she wanna suck her fingers but sometimes cannot aim into the mouth, so hands keep rubbing face!

Ceres

lots of lump.?..err..I don't know leh but Gynae told me not to pump after taking the pill leh. I haven't take the pill yet so can't advise on my experience. Do you want to check with your gynae who prescribed u the pill? He may give u the antibiotics to overcome any mastitis that may develop

Aiyo...now that I hear from you,I also scared to take the pill leh.

Ceres

how painful is your lumps? got see any red patch on your breast? if yes, quickly see a GP or your gynae to take anitiotics. If no red patch yet, can put cold compress like cold cabbage leaves to relieve the pain. For me, I took panadol to relieve engorgement pain, which my GP prescribed

SK >> rub ears also a sign of fatigue. i share with u my exp.. celeste start to rub ears, eyes everywhere... and she wailed badly.. i realise that.. cause she tired and cannot fall asleep so she pek chek..

then when i coax her to sleep.. she slept within mins..

ever since then, i can identify her sleepy cry and signs that she wans to sleep.. and get it fix immed.

maybe ur bb is tired but cannot get into sleep... u try coaxing bb to sleep?

mommies

my little one has dropped off 1am and 4am feed automatically so far but just wondering coming to 3months can we slowly drop some day feeds? or not?

question for mommies -

my baby has very very bad nappy rash. skin is broken and bright red. even ozzing yellow liquid. seen 3 PDs & put so many different creams liao but nothing working. anyone has any advice? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jasline n sugar: tks for e info! I stay ard sgoon ave 4, ha ha think we can hv a sgoon babies gathering when the new mall is up?

Kat: where is agape??

I'm impressed how u mummies bring bb out? Nw I only bring bb out to pd n my in laws plc, n it's already v tiring despite having my hubby n maid's help. Cos got to bring his milk diapers bottle hot water etc. Every time when I wanna bring bb out I think of all the hassle then I dun feel like gg out Liao, then also worry outside too cold/hot bb will b uncomfy or will fall sick.

cerehh: If you're dropping feeds, i think u need to make sure bb eats more per feed lor. my son have somehow tuned himself that night time = slp time. He only wakes up to feed which is once every 4 hrs at night.. day time he'll cry for feed every 2hrs or 2+ hrs depending on how much he ate. For nappy rash I use desitin maximum strength paste.. so far worked miracles cos son dont have nappy rash as yet. Perhaps you should air your baby's skin.. meaning everytime u chg diaper, make sure bb is dry there and air it abit b4 putting on a new diaper. You might risk bb pooing or peeing at that time, so just put a towel or something cos air-ing helps !

kepsis: Its all about taking e first step. Once you've gone out on your own once with bb.. you'll feel more confident to do it again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies

for cradle cap, what kind of olive oil are we talking about and where can we get it? i think my bb got it on her brows

thanks

Thanks Irene for your feedback on Dr Ang! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think my boy has abit of cradle cap on his ear, as the skin is peeling..will it spread..?

serene: do let me know if there r more openings for the photoshoot. thanks!

NTUC baby fair: just to share that NTUC having some bb fair thingy. some diapers are having disc of ~20%. can refer to the website for more details http://www.whatsupatfairprice.com.sg/index.aspx

insurance: thinking of getting insurance for bb. any comments on the various insurance companies and the insurance plan for bb?

Kepsis, if I'm not wrong, it's along yip Chu kang. It's quite a new school.

Cerehh, my boy has very sensitive skin too. When he was a newborn, he hah such bad nappy rash that the skin is broken and red and even had blood. I used Desitin, did away with wet wipes cos it's rougher and used wet cotton balls/tissue paper, and switched to cloth diapers. Every nappy change will try to air his backside for 5 mins. He loves it when I'm airing his buttocks. Hehe.

Gathering Announcement

we will not be ordering buffet.. it will be a bento set

Menu

Pineapple Fried Rice

Thai Style Fish Fillet w/ Mango Sauce

Deep Fried Breaded Crab Claw

Crispy Golden Sotong Ball

Leek w/ Bean Curb

Almond Jelly w/ Longan

Since we are ordering bento, those who wish to come, but dun wanna eat.. jus let jaclyn know that u are coming... and u need not pay for the bento set of $10/pax ok?

but please, dont abuse this privilege ok? cause we need to have at least 20 bento sets to order, if not we have to go back to buffet which is more ex

we are trying to have as many pple to join in this gathering.. we hope u come and enjoy urself there

Attendees - please fill in to let us know how many pax gg.. thanks.

with bento

1. Serene = 2 pax

2. Jaclyn = 4 pax

3. Michelle = 2 pax

without bento

1.Cheese84=2 pax

2. mrslong=2 pax

Lobang Time for BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy (valid till today by 6pm)

Current Inventory (Based on first come first served):

Black OSS

White 2pc

Dark Blue 3pc

Product Info:

http://www.babybjorn.com/American/products/Mobility/BABYBJORN-Baby-Carrier-Synergy/

More about the BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy

Provides vital closeness between you and your child.

Correct position for your child. Physiologically correct position for your child’s legs and arms.

Adjustable, stable head support. Secure support for your baby’s head and neck. Can be folded down allowing your older child to be carried facing forward.

Easy to put on and take off. All adjustments are made from the front. The front section can be opened fully, allowing you to lift out your sleeping child without waking him or her.

Maximum carrying comfort. Stable lumbar support provides comfortable support for your lower back. Wide, padded shoulder straps distribute your baby’s weight evenly over your back and shoulders.

Breathable comfort for both you and your child. The 3D breathable mesh effectively wicks away heat and moisture. This unique material has been exclusively developed for BABYBJÖRN.

Grows with your child. The practical sliding buckle makes it easy to adjust the baby carrier’s size to your growing child.

Easy portability. The practical storage bag kept in a pocket on the inside of the baby carrier can hold the whole baby carrier.

Breastfeed-friendly. You can breastfeed your child without removing the baby carrier.

Easy-care. Machine-washable, 40˚C. Wash in a gentle, bleach-free detergent. Dries quickly after washing.

From newborn (at least 3.5 kgs/8 lbs and 53 cms/21 ins) up to 12 kgs/26 lbs. Perfect for use indoors and out.

Developed in close cooperation with pediatricians and families with young children.

Guaranteed free from hazardous substances. Oeko-Tex standard 100 product class 1-approved.

I can be contacted at [email protected] if you are interested. Self collect at bedok or to be discussed.

Cerehh >> What brand of diaper rash cream are you currently using?

For me, after I wipe my BB's bum with wet wipes, normally I will still use a piece of tissue to dab the area dry 1st before applying diaper rash cream.

I'm using their brand call Bepanthen. It wasn't available in Singapore last time but now it's available in Giant.

My sis was the one who recommended me and she used to get it from Australia for her 2 kids and it's very good.

I like the texture of the cream as it's not creamy, etc. And my sis said she prefers this to Desitin so I'm also using the brand based on her recommendations and so far it has been good.

cerehh, if you have been to 3 PDs, i guess they wld have recommended Desitin to you which is v v good.

if doesn't work miracles for you, guess u have to be hardworking a bit, and wash bb's butt regularly, say every 2-3 hrs, pat dry and air a bit before apply Desitin.

ceres, the lumps are normal. actually i was petrified by the engorged lumps. i just handpress my boobs for relief of pain and over 2-3 days, you will feel better...

having said that, this time round i wldn't dare to take the med to stop already as i feel it was too painful.... will stop naturally this time.

Brand new set AVENT UNO SINGLE ELECTRIC breast pump. With 1 year international warranty from Aug 2010.

Throw in free adaptor for singapore socket as this is a US Set.

UNO can be used in 3 ways, manual pump, electric and battery operated. Socket head is US parallel pin, voltage can be used in Singapore.

Interested, please PM me or email to [email protected]

gathering...

no many ppl want to have lunch meh? how come respond so low? i thought I saw many participants in the FB event page?

hi , i m a July mummy too.. but been so busy juggling w my 4yr kid n new born.. haha

I have 4 boxes of Brand New Pigeon Breastpads(60pcs) to sell@ $10 -as i stopped BF.. anyone interested to buy ?i can give a discount if u take all 4 boxes.. Self collection @ BUangkok Mrt.. Pls PM me

Scrumpee: stupid doc! i go to clinic then he prescribe ask me go pharmacy take, never tell me what to do lor! Later go back see him gonna pay consultation fee again! idiot doc!

No red sign but lump getting bigger inside the breast & like surrounding my breast lor, i can't take it & pump abit out ytd night! The milk is chalky colour super dilute..

If doc got advice before hand i suppose i won't be in such painful situation. Actually is the same as engorgement not because take pill more painful so don't be afraid. I think whenever we see doc must ask alot qns before we use the medication. -.-

I see cerehh i thought u all spell my name wrong, then i see what diaper rash... scroll up then notice another nick named cerehh. Hehe..

I took pill to stop milk supply too. Was prescribed antibiotics for the infection as well. Apart from taking the medicine, I use cold compress method and massage to remove the lump.

cheerymum: massage milk will leak right? is it ok? my doc never prescribe anything or tell me anything just ask me go pharmacist buy the medicine with his reccomendation letter. -.-

Ceres, yes the milk will leak aft massage. It's ok one as it 'belongs' to the lump. Don't over pump as it will increase milk supply instead of clearing the lump thus making engorgement worst. I went to GP and the doc prescribe me antibiotics and pill for stopping milk supply. The pill very exp.

Serene >> Lemme know if still got slots for the photography..thanks!

Gathering Announcement

we will not be ordering buffet.. it will be a bento set

Menu

Pineapple Fried Rice

Thai Style Fish Fillet w/ Mango Sauce

Deep Fried Breaded Crab Claw

Crispy Golden Sotong Ball

Leek w/ Bean Curb

Almond Jelly w/ Longan

Since we are ordering bento, those who wish to come, but dun wanna eat.. jus let jaclyn know that u are coming... and u need not pay for the bento set of $10/pax ok?

but please, dont abuse this privilege ok? cause we need to have at least 20 bento sets to order, if not we have to go back to buffet which is more ex

we are trying to have as many pple to join in this gathering.. we hope u come and enjoy urself there

Attendees - please fill in to let us know how many pax gg.. thanks.

with bento

1. Serene = 2 pax

2. Jaclyn = 4 pax

3. Michelle = 2 pax

4. Pris = 1 pax

without bento

1.Cheese84=2 pax

2. mrslong=2 pax

vivi: i went to healthway group...they having promo now for the jabs

I wana go for the gathering but i can't confirm now coz my wait for my ang to confirm his appts when the date is nearer.

Gathering: I wanna go too, my hubby cfm dun wanna come one so I'll b alone n I'm not confident cos nv tried bringing bb out alone b4.

babycoco: I bought Petpet as recommended by my friend. So far, it doesn't leak and it's cheaper. My baby is using petpet, not bad. Doesn't leak and it's cheaper.

pris >> which acct number? cause the latest acct number is jaclyn's. remember to email to jaclyn the trans details, number of pax and ur ctc no. ya...

Jaclyn's POSB Savings 093646304

Amt to trf = $10/pax

Please email ( [email protected] )Jaclyn your

payment details:

name and nick:

contact number:

Email:

and the number of pax going:

Gathering: me same as kepsis too.. Hubby dun wanna go.. I nv bring bb out alone before and also me v shy leh.. So far havent joined in any gathering yet.

diapers: i tried petpet and Pureen, both nt bad, just that i dun like the sticker. I looking for cheaper diapers for day time. one Anyone tried Sealer or Fitti before?

my girl is using fairprice diapers for day use. quite good leh, not sticker kind which i hate it when i use drypers and pet pet. its the white valcro... The only thing i dun like about the fairprice diapers is its quite narrow compared to mamypoko

Cheerymum, u took pill to stop milk too? After u took the pills, how long does it take for u to stop completely? The pharmacist told me about a week. And umm..how is the size of yr breasts now? Did it become smaller than pre-preggy days?

Hi Mommies, just a quick question. Where can I get gripe water? Also, my boy is 7 weeks now. Safe for him to consume? Was asked by my PD to feed him with this to get rid of the wind in his tummy

Back